Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 39 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. D. SujathaYour feedback matters!
Hi My periods have been delayed but I am continuously having lower abdomen pain, what I should do so that my periods starts?
Hi, m 25 height 5.4' weight 49 kg, last month I found that I have multiple small cysts in my both ovaries .Right now I am having hormone-f so what should be my diet?
I'm 37 years old. My wife want to know about child birth control. My wife's period comes on 15the August And then we intercourse 9 days later. And she forgot to take overall pills. Already two days late any idea to take pills. Please help me.
Hello doctor I am very confused about the pregnancy of my wife my marriage date is on 18 nov 2015 and she want to be pregnant please tell me what I have to do and how to do sex and how many days in a month.
After 56 days, during postpartum bleeding occurs two days onwards. First day less bleeding, second day more bleeding for every 4 to 5 hours 50 ml& it is bright red. What is happening in body?
Polycystic ovary syndrome (PCOS) and infertility are considered synonymous by most. However, the truth is that they are not and there are a lot of treatment options that can lead to pregnancy, even in a lady who is suffering from PCOS.
Reasons PCOS leads to infertility: Women with PCOS have different hormonal pathways than a normal woman without PCOS. It changes the system of how your body produces the eggs and prepares your uterus for pregnancy. Three reasons why women with PCOS do not get pregnant or why it is difficult for them to maintain pregnancy are:
- Women who are suffering with PCOS do not ovulate normally.
- They have irregular periods and thus their monthly cycles are not predictable.
- As they have irregular periods, their endometrium may not be prepared when the egg is released. Thus, it does not help in sustaining the pregnancy.
Symptoms of PCOS: There are a lot of symptoms that show the hormonal imbalance due to PCOS.
- Ovarian cysts
- Excessive amounts of male hormones
- High levels of insulin
- Fertility problems
- Weight gain
- Ovulation and menstrual problems
- Excess body and facial hair
- Anxiety and depression
As there is hormonal imbalance in a woman with PCOS, the eggs may not develop properly and at the same time, they may not be ready to get fertilized, thus leading to infertility.
PCOS infertility treatment: The good news is that even if you are one of them with PCOS, there are treatments that can help you to get pregnant.
Here are the drugs that help patients with PCOS:
- Metformin (Glucophage): It helps in reducing the insulin levels and stabilizes the hormones. Thus, doctors often prescribe metformin that will help in making the ovulation cycles regular.
- Clomid (Clomiphene citrate): Another fertility drug that helps in conceiving is Clomid. It may be prescribed with or without metformin. When women with PCOS take these two drugs together, their chances of getting treated for PCOS and getting fertile become more. Many women may need a high dose of Clomid so that they can retain fertility.
- Gonadotropins: This medication is necessary for helping you with ovulation as gonadotropins are hormones that stimulate your ovaries to release eggs. When someone is not responding to clomid then this medication may be tried.
If you too are trying to conceive and yet have not succeeded and can find the symptoms mentioned above, visit your doctor and start the treatment.
Gaining muscle mass is not only about looking good, it also has health benefits. It plays a critical role in promoting metabolic health, bone strength, maintaining body weight and reduces stress. Gaining muscles also have positive effects on obesity, disease recovery, aging and bone density. There are beneficial diet plans that one can follow to build muscle mass and live a healthy life.
Here are some super foods that you can include in your diet to increase the nutrition content and gain muscles.
- Lean Beef - Beef is packed with protein and nutrients such as zinc, iron, and Vitamin B. An 85-gram serving contains 154 calories with increased level of amino acids that promotes the growth of muscles.
- Cottage Cheese - It is one of the most beneficial dairy products to consume which contains protein, Vitamin B12, calcium and other nutrients that help build muscles.
- Chicken - Chicken is another product you can include in your diet that helps maintain weight, bone density and gain muscles. It introduces high-quality protein in your constitution which is required to maintain good health.
- Eggs - Eggs should be a staple in your diet if you want to build muscles. It has amino acids, proteins, Vitamin D and choline, a good kind of fat that is needed to maintain and gain muscles.
The importance of muscles
- Metabolism - Gaining muscles boosts metabolism in many ways. It controls fat gain and prevents obesity and diabetes.
- Bone density - Bone density is an important issue, especially among women and the elderly. Building muscles can improve bone density and prevent osteoporosis.
- Recovery from disease - Eating nutrition-rich food increases the protein intake which not only improves the immune system but also helps in fast recovery from illness.
Related Tip: 4 ways to gain weight?
I'm 26 yrs old women facing joints pain since 5 days n my weight is 82 height 5.3 suffering from pcod n I have 1 daughter 3 yrs.
Home pregnancy test has come out positive She is still 21 and studying Can any women gynaecologist treat her Abortion is required Please can anyone help.
Is there any way to reduce pre-mature aging? Please give me some effective suggestions. Hoping for your favorable response.
Im asking this question for my would be husband. He is 31 years old. 6 months before doctors found he is diabetic. Suggested istamet 50/500. He stopped using that tablet after 1 month. He controlled his blood sugar. From last 2 months his sugar level is between 130-150. He has lots of stress about our marriage. Is diabetics affect our sexual life? Which tablet should he taken for diabetics? His mother also a diabetic patient. He is not using any medicines now.
Hello. M 30 weeks pregnant. I have to travel from ambala to Jammu and Jammu to ambala via train. What precautions should I take?
Colposcopy is a procedure that is used to get a closer view of a women’s cervix, vagina and vulva. It is a procedure carried on to detect the presence of any abnormal cells on the cervix and nearby areas.
Why is Colposcopy done?
This procedure is carried out to see the problems in the vagina and cervix which may otherwise be not visible with a naked eye. A colposcopy is done when the Pap test results are abnormal. These abnormalities could be due to several reasons like viral infections namely human papillomavirus (HPV) infection or any other fungal (yeast), bacterial or protozoan (Trichomonas) infection. Atrophic vaginitis or natural cervical changes due to menopause can also lead to abnormal Pap test results. However one needs to be careful because these untreated cervical cell changes that lead to abnormal Pap tests can at times develop into precancerous or cancerous changes.
In case during colposcopy, an abnormal tissue is found in the problem areas, the doctor will remove a tiny sample of it and send it to the lab. This is normally known as a biopsy or cervical biopsy which is done from inside the opening of the cervix or endocervical canal.
Procedure for a colposcopy and biopsy
A colposcopy is normally a pain free procedure where at times some women might feel a slight tingling or burning sensation when the solution is applied. Biopsy might lead to a little discomfort like that of a sharp pinch or a menstrual cramp. During colposcopy a speculum or a small instrument is inserted into the vagina to spread apart the vaginal walls. In order to see the area more clearly the doctor dabs the cervix or vagina with a cotton swab dipped in vinegar (acetic acid) or Iodine (Lugol's solution). The solution is used to remove any kind of mucus and also makes the abnormal cells turn white in order to be clearly visible.
The doctor then uses a colposcope, a light magnifying device that looks like binoculars and has a bright light mounted to it. It also has a camera attached to it to take the videos or pictures of the cervix and vagina.
Biopsies are normally done by scraping away abnormal cells with a small brush or a small curette.
Results of colposcopy or cervical Biopsy
In case of Normal results the vinegar or iodine will not show the presence of any abnormal cells and the vagina and cervix look normal. But in case of abnormal results, there are abnormal tissues seen in the problem areas. It could also be a sore or a genital wart or infection in and around the vagina. The biopsy report would clarify whether it is cervical cancer or is likely to develop. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a Gynaecologist.