Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Endocrinologists in India. You will find Endocrinologists with more than 30 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Endocrinologists online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. D Killivalavan
Treatment Of Erectile Dysfunction
Treatment Of Male Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Thyroid Problems Treatment
Thyroid Disorder Treatment
Diabetic Diet Counseling
Urinary Incontinence (Ui) Treatment
Pre And Post Delivery Care
Sperm Donor Program
Adult Diabetes Treatment
Type 1 Diabetes Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. D KillivalavanYour feedback matters!
Since I have type2 diabetics, there is a prostate slight prostrate enlargement. Also problem with erection. (i am 64 yrs).
Please kindly go through my message sir. I have asked 2 different questions, one related to Serum creatinine. It is a little bit higher (0.82 instead of 0.8). I request you sir to suggest the precautions to be taken for this. The second one is related to thyroid. I am now using ELTROXIN 75 for thyroid problem as the ,TSH levels are little bit higher.In the present test report the levels of T3, T4 and TSH are shown within limits. So I requested you sir to advise whether to reduce rhe dosage or continue the same. Kindly advise me sir.
Hello. Dr. Female me uric acid kitna hota h. agar badha h to kya karna chahiye. Kya khana hy kya nahi. Please suggest me. Thanks.
I am suffering from diabetes type 2. How to control diabetes. Which fruits are suitable in diabetes.
Hi good morning my father is a diabetic patient 75 years his fore skin is tightened doctor told me that surgery have to do is any infection comes after surgery is it major surgery if the surgery has done it is good or bad.
Hi I am 35 years old male, I have been diagnosed has diabetic patient 2 years back, I am suffering from chest pain, body pain, I feel very tried, some times there is pain left side of body from head to toe, indigestion, my finger shake automatically. I am very much worried, I consulted Diabetic and Cardiologist, done with all tests like TMT, HB1CA other related tests, all were normal, but still I am having chest pain and tiredness, weakness. Please suggest what should I do , waiting for your reply.
I feel thirsty all the time and go for urinal frequently. I am just 30 years old, it is possible that I could be a patient of Diabetes.
Diabetes is a common disease that causes insulin to be produced in inadequate amount resulting in the fluctuation of blood sugar level. For a diabetic patient, regular exercise is a must. However, this does not mean that you need to sign up for a gym membership immediately. If you prefer exercising at home, you could also try yoga. Yoga can be described as a collection of asanas or positions that help strengthen the mind and body.
Yoga not only nourishes the body, but also has to ability to calm your mind and reduce the ill effects of stress.
Since stress is a key factor that influences the elevation of blood sugar level, yoga helps in balancing the sugar level. Yoga also makes a person more mindful of whatever he or she might be doing. This in turn is helpful in making healthy lifestyle decisions, such as eating a balanced diet and restricting the intake of sweet foods. Along with lowering blood sugar level, yoga also helps balance cholesterol and blood pressure level and aids in healthy weight loss. A few yoga exercises every diabetic should try to include in his or her exercise routine are:
- Pranayama: This breathing exercise helps oxygenate blood and improves circulation. It also helps fight stress and calms the mind.
- Setubandhasana: This asana helps regulate blood pressure levels and keeps the mind calm. It also aids in smooth digestion and stretches the spine and neck. Setubandhasana also helps in relieving symptoms of menopause in women.
- Balasana: This asana is also popularly known as the child’s pose. It helps stretch and strengthens muscles in the hips, thighs and ankles and is a good remedy for back aches that result from prolonged periods of sitting in the same position. It also helps fight stress and reduces tiredness and fatigue.
- Vajrasana: According to Ayurveda, 12 inches above the anus is a spot known as the kanda. The kanda is a point which sees over 72000 nerve converging. This yoga asana massages the kanda and relaxes the mind. It also helps improve the digestion process and thus ensures that food moves smoothly through the system.
- Sarvangsana: This yoga asana is renowned for its ability to regulate the functioning of the thyroid glands. These glands are responsible for the proper functioning of the digestive, nervous and reproductive system and for regulating metabolism. When metabolism is regulated, energy does not stay stored excessively in the form of fat and hence blood sugar levels also get stabilised. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult an ayurveda.