Lybrate.com has an excellent community of General Surgeons in India. You will find General Surgeons with more than 31 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find General Surgeons online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Kidney Stones Treatment
Removal Of Stitches Procedure
Corn Removal Procedure
Dressings Of Wounds Procedure
Varicose Vein Laser Treatment
Hernia Repair Surgery
Urinary Incontinence (Ui) Treatment
Stitching Of Wounds Procedure
Treatment Of Deep Vein Thrombosis - Dvt
Male Breast Reduction Treatment
Prostate Laser Surgery
Gastric Bypass Surgery
Treatment of Bone Marrow Transplantation
Vascular Surgery Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. D Kamalakar RaoYour feedback matters!
One week ago a have some itches on my stomach but now the same has got dark red and I am feeling like my skin is burning at that Part. For the same I used RING GUARD. But now situation is more worst than earlier. Please suggest how to overcome from it.
Hello doctor, mukesh batra. Full body skin whitening treatment. How many cost for this treatment. Please know me .This treatment also available in.
Since the summer has arrived, I want to know about a good sunscreen lotion which protect our skin from tanning and other allergies. Also can you just tell me the name of a good sunscreen lotion which is sweat and water resistant so that it will have a good effect throughout the day. Thank you.
She is 51 years old female no history of diabetes, hypertension or any disease till now she is having a boil close to the anus it isn't painful only a little pain.
Hello, I want to know if there is any solution to skin pigmentation. My wife 33 years has this dark pigmentation on her neck and back looks like caused by over exposure to sun. Is there any remedy to it.
I want to remove blackheads from my nose. Is there any homemade bandaid remedy to pull them out? I tried fevicol remedy which I read on google but it's not working out. I even tried toothpaste and salt remedy neither that is working. please help.
I have black spot as well as pimples on my back. I used many medicine to remove these spot for 2 years but didn't see any changes. What should I do?
I have anal fissure problem which breaks up only due to little hard stool. So if my stool becomes hard anyhow (without definite cause or sometime side effect of other medicines) then what I should do so that this hard stool pass easily without occurring anal fissure? Pls specify medicines and proper dose in details.
I am 21 and I used to smoke alott. Now I have stopped smoking completely. But I see rashes on my hands and legs also on face more frequent. What is the cause ?
I was suffering from chicken pox last month And its being more then 45 days now Still my face is full of black spots. Which med should I use.
I have white round marks on my neck for last few months and now grown to four in numbers. What should I do?
I am a 10th standard girl. I am from west Bengal ,uttar Dinah pur, itahar. My skin is not fair. My skin is like this from birth. I have to travel in sun for tuition. Now how I can get fairer skin. Plzz suggest. Thank u.
I have fair skin but playing in sunlight my skin is little dark. What should do and eat to recover it again.
I have small rashes all around my face. And it becomes very patchy when I go out of my house. How can I get rid of these problem?
With oily skin, the constant feeling of stickiness, excessive pimples, and never-feels-fresh can be extremely stressful. The skin, by its nature, has oil and sebaceous glands in the underlying layers, and an excess amount of these glands can lead to skin being extremely oily. There are, however, various products available in the market that are specifically meant for oily skin types. In addition, there are various things that can be included as part of regular skin care to manage oily skin to leave you with more glowing, less oily appearance.
Read on to know more.
- Face wash: Regular cleaning, at least twice a day, is one of the best skin care regimen to manage an oily skin. Warm water and soap or a non-soap cleanser should be used to wash the face. These contain substances like benzoyl peroxide, glycolic acid, salicylic acid, and you might have to try a couple of products to see what would suit you best. If you have acne, benzoyl peroxide would also help control acne. In the initial days, it might cause some redness and itching, but will soon subside. Also, be careful not to overwash it in an attempt to wash off the oil constantly. This can cause dryness and irritation too. If the oiliness is too much to manage, then using blotting pads or even regular tissue paper to remove the oiliness during the day can be useful.
- Choosing cosmetics: Using oil free or water based cosmetics is more beneficial and helps control the oiliness. Also, choosing a right moisturizer and applying it rightly is very essential. The face is not evenly oily, some parts would be oilier than others. A moisturizer with petrolatum or lanolin should be avoided.
- Skin contact: With oily skin, avoid hair falling onto your face, as also hands, especially if you have nails. There is a high tendency to pick on acne which only increases the spread.
- Skin toner: An oil free, alcohol free toner can be used on the oiliest patch. This will be light on the skin and help reduce the sticky feeling. While using this, keep in mind the patches that are oily and dry and apply it only on the areas that are oily.
- Sun exposure: Limit sun exposure by using oil-free, water-based sun screen products. This is essential to block pores and provide sun protection.
- Exacerbating factors: While sebaceous glands usually become active during puberty and subside over a few years, for some, they may continue to be active into adulthood. This causes acne, and is aggravated by humid or cold weathers, stress, or by certain foods. Identify these changes and try to avoid them.
These simple, easy-to-follow measures will definitely help manage oily skin much more effectively. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a dermatologist.