Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Endocrinologists in India. You will find Endocrinologists with more than 36 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Endocrinologists online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. D.K.Sriram
Treatment Of Erectile Dysfunction
Treatment Of Male Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Thyroid Problems Treatment
Thyroid Disorder Treatment
Diabetic Diet Counseling
Urinary Incontinence (Ui) Treatment
Pre And Post Delivery Care
Sperm Donor Program
Adult Diabetes Treatment
Type 1 Diabetes Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. D.K.SriramYour feedback matters!
The problems are : 1. Low HDL - Around 35 2. High LDL - Around 150 3. Uric Acid - Around 7 4. High BP - 140 5. Fatty Liver I don't like to use any Allopathy Medicine, if it is not critical. Business person. Stress level is high. Average Sleeping time in a day is around 5-6 hours. Pls. Guide me.
I have done my ecg, 2decho, tmt, thyroid, cholesterol, blood test everything is normal still I get palpitation daily. I have prolomet xl 50, nothings seems to be working, I am having this from from past 7 months. No history of heart problems in family.
Thyroid is a small butterfly shaped gland, which is present at the lower frontal region of the neck, right beneath the voice box. It produces hormones which regulate metabolism (the breakdown of food by the body to convert it into energy). It even plays a pivotal role in boosting organ functions as well as in helping the body to sustain heat. However, too much of hormone production by the thyroid gland might yield structural problems, for instance, growth of nodules (abnormal tissue growth) or cysts (non-cancerous sac-like structures containing fluid) and swelling. Hence, a thyroid surgery is a must once these problems occur. The surgery, administered with general anesthesia, eliminates the thyroid gland either wholly or partially.
Why do you need surgery?
- The presence of tumors or nodules on one’s thyroid gland is one of the reasons why one should go for the surgery. Although most of the nodules are benign, few can be pre-cancerous or cancerous too. Also, those benign nodules can spell trouble, if they expand in size, thus obstructing the throat. They can be problematic as well if they cause the thyroid gland to overproduce hormones, giving rise to a condition known as hyperthyroidism.
- Hyperthyroidism can be corrected through surgery. It is often an outcome of Grave’s disease, an autoimmune disorder wherein the body misidentifies the thyroid gland as a foreign body, thereby creating antibodies to combat it. The thyroid gland gets inflamed in the process, resulting in the overproduction of hormones.
- Another reason is the enlargement or swelling up of the thyroid gland, termed as goiter. Similar to large nodules, goiter too can clog the throat, thus interfering with one’s breathing, speaking and eating.
Types of Surgery
- Lobectomy: This procedure calls for partial removal of the lobes when a nodule or an inflammation affects just half of the thyroid gland.
- Subtotal Thyroidectomy: Here, a small proportion of the thyroid tissue is left behind even after the elimination of the thyroid gland.
- Total Thyroidectomy: Through this procedure, the entire thyroid gland is taken out along with the thyroid tissue.
Respected Doctor, I am a T2 diabetic patient since the last 10 years and on medication since the last 6 years. I am quite stress-prone. Presently I am taking trajenta duo 1000 after breakfast and Pioglit MF 15/500 after dinner. My HBA1c is 6.7. This has been revolving around 7 since the last couple of years. But whenever I have tested my FBS and PPBS, these have revolving around 14-150 and 170-180 respectively. Please guide me.
I'm 23 years male. I always have cough problem. I think it maybe thyroid. Can you please tell me symptoms of thyroid?
I am having some thyroid problem-hypo thyroid and am using thyronorm 75 mg for the last two years. Is consumption of this tablet continuously in anyway harmful? And have I got to take this tablet throughout my life.
1.Mittelshmerz: Wondering why you're experiencing cramps mid-month? The culprit could be mittelshmerz German for "middle pain" a symptom of ovulation. The discomfort can range from mild to severe but usually only lasts a few hours.
2.Increased Sex Drive: On the brighter side, some women experience increased sex drive when they're ovulating presumably nature's way of encouraging conception at the optimal time.
3.Breast Tenderness:Women may detect swelling in their breasts right before or right after ovulation, so if you're reaping the bounty of your increased sex drive, you might want to tell your partner to go easy on the girls.
4.Increase in Basal Body Temperature: Is it hot in here or is it just you? Your basal, or lowest, body temperature typically rises a few tenths of a degree during ovulation. To track your BBT, use the same thermometer every morning upon waking andchart the resultsas you go.
5.Changes in Cervical Mucus:It may not be pretty, but checking your cervical mucus is one of the most useful ovulation symptoms, because the changes occur as ovulation is approaching, giving you more time to take advantage of peak fertility. Look for mucus that feels thin, slippery and stretchy, like the consistency of egg whites. Then it's game on.
6.Changes in Cervical Position:As ovulation approaches, a woman's cervix will move higher up and become softer and more open. Detecting cervical changes takes some practice (and requires very clean hands), but they're a reliable predictor of ovulation.
Paying attentions to these signals, as well as the calendar, is a great way to clue into your body cycle and find your fertile window. If playing doctor doesn't appeal to you, or you'd like some outside confirmation, there's always the option of purchasing a digital ovulation monitor. They're pricey but easy to use, accurate and typically give you several days warning before ovulation occurs, increasing your chances of conception.