Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Endocrinologists in India. You will find Endocrinologists with more than 43 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Endocrinologists online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment Of Erectile Dysfunction
Treatment Of Male Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Thyroid Problems Treatment
Thyroid Disorder Treatment
Diabetic Diet Counseling
Urinary Incontinence (Ui) Treatment
Pre And Post Delivery Care
Sperm Donor Program
Adult Diabetes Treatment
Type 1 Diabetes Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. D. DhanamithiranYour feedback matters!
I had an angiogram seven months ago I had one 50% blockage doctor said no need of standing it can be manage by medicines exercise. And I am diabetic since 14 years I am 36 years now and I used to smoke heavily. I have quit smoking since 7 months but I have put on 15 KGS till now since my angiogram. Is it because I quit smoking.
I am 20 years old I want to know about causes of diabetease is their any relation of it with age group.
I am 25 years female .recently I had done a diabetes test from a pharmacy. My reading is 6.2 after three years of breakfast. Do I belong to prediabetes stage?
I have a high Tsh level with normal T3 and t4 levels. 3 tests at 3 month intervals gave 19.32, 22.03, 11.57. The doctor suggested me to use thyronorm 25mg tabs. Do I need to use these for life long or are these ranges normal, for past 1 years I have gained around 8 kgs of weight. Is this related to my thyroid problem.
Hi, My dad is suffering from fever from past one week with a backache. Doctor just advice us to do some routine tests. Following are some results for the test haemoglobin- 10.3, lymphocytes - 18%, Dengue and malaria tests are negative, platelets count is 80 thousand that usually remains in this range only. He is diabetic and when he was diagnosed with low platelets, doctor said that he is having thrombocytopenia. Now I am getting worried for my dad. Kindly provide me the best direction for further investigation as now I am thinking that the present doctor who is checking up my dad doesn't seem me convincing. Thanks.
I am a 32 year old working woman suffering from thyroid from 10 years and also obesity problem please give a suggestion.
I am 40 years old suffering from hypo thyroid since last 20 years and taking eltroxin 50. How long I have to take the medicine?
Have a Uric acid count of 9.5. What diet and medicines do I need? Especially what food to avoid. Is cheese, and milk to be avoided too?
Hi doctor mujhe thyroid hai tsh 10: 36 hai m 100 mcg ke tablet le rhe hu but ajkal mere pairo me swelling a rhi hai or bhut dard rheta hai pure pairo me swelling hai or subah utane pr pure face pr bhi swelling hoti hai bad me dhire dhire swelling kam ho jati hai pehle nhi hota tha aisa but ye tin char din se ho rha hai face pr swelling kyu hoti hai me bhut tension me hu kya reason hai please btado I am unmarried and my age 29.
My mom aged 50 years has high TSH levels=9.4. She has been taking THYROX-50 for sometime. Sometimes, mainly during night, she feels uneasy, she feels as if she can't breathe. Her feet get cold. We usually give her a massage of oil to her feet, cover her legs with a bedsheets and speed up the ceiling fan to its full extent. This generally calms her down. We also apply Navratna oil to her hair and give her electrolytes to drink, which makes her stable. So what exactly is happening to mom? Even the doctors she has consulted are not able to exactly identify her condition. So please suggest me some remedies.
How can the disease of uric acid be cured? What are the things to be ignored to keep it in normal stage?
Hlo Dr. my prob is my age is 18 but my body looks like 38 years old too much aged people tell me I feel irritated becoz of this I suffer from hypothyroidism from 8 years my face looks like moon face it is too much big and pulpy people told me do exercise but I am unable to wakeup in early morning in day time also I feel excess tired always wht is the reason for this too much tiredness too much exhausted too much sleeping hours after that also sleeping do not complete in day time I feel sleepy I am too much irritated becoz of these I am unable to do any type of work my all work is pending due to this sometime I feel suicidal feeling due to this lifestyles suggest possible treatments for all these prob I do the check up of morning cortisol 1 time it was normal 2nd time means after 6 months it was low so Dr. told me you have no cushing syndrome is it necessary to do dexamethasone suppression test or not in my case as someone told me for this test.
I lost my tasting sensation before two days. After taking carom seeds due vomiting. From next day I lost taste sensation. When I eat sugar also. It is taste less. What is the solution for my problem. Please help me.
My 2 years and 5 months boy seems to hv worms in hs tummy. Could notice 1 r 2 at the mouth of the anus. He could not bear the itching and cries. He was already given a deworming dose on sep16, 2015. What to do pls help me.
I have hypothriod took 87.5 thrnorm. Tsh id nowv3. 5 but vitamin d 25 hydroxy is 38 which is deficient and calcium is 9.i m overweight pls suggest me for sun exposure time for me and how much I get it which medicine I take.
Infertility is a very common problem among both men and women and it refers to the inability to conceive even after regular unprotected sex. The causes of this can be varied and some of the most prominent ones are:
Causes in Women:
1. Polycystic ovarian syndrome - PCOS is a medical condition in women in which they do not ovulate. It is a major cause of infertility in most women. It can often result in irregular menstruation and an increase in the release of male hormones in the female body. This causes male symptoms like the growth of a beard, hoarse voice etc. in females. The probable causes of this condition comprise being over or under weight, thyroid imbalance etc. It is possible to treat this condition with medical aid and weight management can also prove to be helpful.
2. Lack of sufficient healthy eggs - As you grow in age, the number and health of your eggs decline significantly. This could be a possible reason for your infertility. In this condition, optimizing egg health by maintaining a healthy weight and quitting alcohol and cigarettes can help you get rid of your infertility.
3. Blockage of the fallopian tubes - Blockage of or damage to the fallopian tubes causes the tubal factor that is responsible for infertility in women. The tubal factor can also be a result of endometriosis or any sexually transmitted disease like Chlamydia etc.
Causes in Men:
1. Ejaculatory disorders - Retrograde ejaculation, premature ejaculation, and other issues associated with ejaculation may cause infertility in men. In retrograde ejaculation, the semen enters the bladder instead of emerging out of the penis during orgasm. In premature ejaculation, the ejaculation occurs before the vagina is prepared to receive the semen.
2. Chromosome defects - Disorders like Klinefelter's syndrome can cause abnormal growth of the male reproductive organs resulting in infertility. Other such syndromes include Kallmann's syndrome, Karatagener's syndrome, cystic fibrosis etc. These conditions are mostly genetic.
3. Hormonal imbalance - Male infertility can also be a result of hormonal imbalances like hypogonadism (low testosterone levels), disorders of the testicles, abnormal functioning of the pituitary, thyroid, adrenal and the other glands as well.
Related Tip: Common causes of infertility in Women?