Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Endocrinologists in India. You will find Endocrinologists with more than 26 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Endocrinologists online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment Of Erectile Dysfunction
Treatment Of Male Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Thyroid Problems Treatment
Thyroid Disorder Treatment
Diabetic Diet Counseling
Urinary Incontinence (Ui) Treatment
Pre And Post Delivery Care
Sperm Donor Program
Adult Diabetes Treatment
Type 1 Diabetes Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. D. DhanamithiranYour feedback matters!
I am 50 years old. I have severe upper back pain since one month. What can I do? I have no sugar, bp or cholesterol. But I am a hypothyroid patient taking 25 mg thyronorm only.
I'm suffering from fever yesterday afternoon. I" ll take medicine from chemist - Dolo 650 + Antibiotic and vitamins tablet. From tomorrow I already take 3 dose of dolo 650. Fever is still coming. In morning I done my CBC test by path lab. Report yet to come by today evening. Suggest me what to do and which medicine I have to take.
What should we have to eat a women of above 35 age and suffering from high urea and high bp and high sugar?
I am mske 45 diabetic since last 10 years. I always feels tired. I am taking diapride m2 twice daily and humalog 70/30 insulin 30 point morning and 20 in evening. My fasting is 170.
My father 52 years old he is a diabetes patient How to control diabetes and what are the food to be taken by diabetes patient?
I am 28 year old and I have blood sugar from 4 year and I am taking insulin injection 15 unit twice please suggest me.
I am 27 years old male. I feel tired always (every part of my body is tired) and also experience memory loss. I got a full body check up. I was concerned about thyroid.
Serum uric acid is 9.6 mg/dl. What are the prevention and what are the drug have to be taken. Suggest some diet restriction.
I am 24. A year back a USG showed mildly appearing polycystic ovaries. And ever since then I made complete changes in my lifestyle. I cut down on sugar, Maida and junk and walk for 45 mins and yoga for 1 hour. 6 times a week. I don't have any typical symptoms of pcos as such. My periods are regular becoz of yoga the only problem is mild acne on forehead and scanty periods. Apart from healthy life style I don't take any medications. I read an article on pcos that says all girls with pcos have diabetes type 2. My gynecologist never said any thing about diabetes. I had only USG. No blood test. Do I have type 2 diabetes?
My mother suffering from diabetes 2 and takes metformin tablets 2 times and we gives her natural sugar free butter grid and jamun juice 2 times before meal but her sugar level shows 140 to 150 in morning and 200 and above in night what should I do to cure her diabetes disease.
Diabetes during pregnancy is known as gestational diabetes. It is interesting to note that the chances of getting gestational diabetes, is one of the most common complication of pregnancy. It has increased by almost 40%. Also, gestational diabetes not only affects the health of the mother, but also the health of the baby. What usually happens with gestational diabetes is that the blood sugar level, of both the mother and the baby go above the normal level.
Ayurveda can help treat this disease. Here are the most common Ayurveda remedies for gestational diabetes.
- Gurmaar: Gurmaar, called "The Sugar Killer" is also known as Gymnema sylvestre in medical jargon. Gurmaar also contains gymnemic acid molecules, which are crucial because they have an anti-diabetic effect. They work by combining with glucose molecules, which are in the blood stream. These stop the glucose from entering the bloodstream.
- Karela: Karela is commonly known as bitter gourd and its biological name is Momordica charantia. It has anti-diabetic properties and also contains many other micronutrients, which are crucial in preventing the complications which arise from gestational diabetes.
- Vizaysaar: Vizaysaar comes from the bark of a tree whose biological name is Pterocarpus marsupium. It is very useful for diabetes. If you immerse the wood of Vizaysaar in water overnight and then drink it, your blood sugar levels are expected to fall.
- Saptrangi: Saptrangi is biologically known as Salacia oblonga. Just like Vizaysaar, it is a tree whose bark is immersed in water and then drunk by the patient suffering from diabetes. You will know that the water is ready for drinking when it turns brown, which usually happens overnight. It is also being studied in Western herbal schools in addition to Ayurveda nowadays.
- Tulsi: Tulsi is a holy plant in Hindu mythology and is known as Ocimum sanctum in biological terms. It is worshiped as a holy plant because it has tremendous medicinal properties including treating many types of cancers, cough, cold, sore throat as well as reducing blood sugar.
- Ashwagandha: The medical name for ashwagandha is Withania somnifera. It is another great remedy for diabetes.