Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Nephrologists in India. You will find Nephrologists with more than 42 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Nephrologists online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Submit a review for Dr. D.BennetYour feedback matters!
I have read that normal colour for urine is light yellow to a bit darkish yellow but sometimes I get colourless urine. Is it normal?
I am 18 years old and suffering from urine incontinence urgency. I feel that I have to urinate aftr 10 -20 min and which makes very difficult for me to study classes and also its been 3 years that I am suffering from this problem. Please help me out and also now a days I feel the same for pee. I would be very thankful to you if you suggest any treatment for it. So please help me out.
HiI am 35yrs old male and suffering from kidney stones pls tell me how to remove it without operation.
I have frequent urination that is within 1 to two minutes and sometime even after 30 seconds. Even after urination I feel like my bladder is still full and haven't peed. What should I do?
After have a baby, she have losses skin problem in their private part, due to this she can't hold urine & if she laugh or jump or running then urine passed away. At the delivery time she had some stitches at private part. So please suggest if any surgery or solution available for the same.
I am 66 years old, last 20 years diabetic patient and taking insulin Mixard 15mg and 10 mg morning and evening. I have 80 Kgs of weight and 6'11 inches hight. Two months back my creatinine was 3.5 and now it has came down to. 3.1 and 2.7 and now it is 1.9. I would like to know why it is changing? Also whether it possible to reduce to the minimum level? For that what kind of medicine can I take? Expecting reply. Thanking you,
Mt friend is suffering for 0.22 mm of kidney stone for more than 3months what should be done to dissolve it?
I am having LYMED-D tablet after eating my urine is brown coloured. What isthe problem doctor? Please give me answer.
I have diabetes from past 18 years and also have kidney problem Now suffering from diabetic neuropathy leg selling is not getting reduce I consulted doctor and took medicine but its not getting reduce how can I get rid of it.
Chronic urine infection commonly after colitus. Almost resistance to antibiotics. For time being it gets fine after few days then again aftr sexual activity occurs again. Please help 23 year female unmarried.
I have doubt regarding the color of my urin, since 2 days it is yellow in color, is there anything to worry or is it normal?
Respected sir, please from last few days frequency of urination increases. No sugar having medicine of high blood pressure only. Please guide me what should I do thanks with regards.
Sir I am 50 years old woman. I am suffering with recurrent urinary tract infected for the past one year. Subsides after taking antibiotics and returns after a few days your valuable advice please.
An overactive bladder is marked by problems with one’s bladder storage system that results in sudden urge to urinate. Involuntary and leakage of urine is also a possibility in such a case.
The problem of an overactive bladder arises when the muscles of the bladder contract involuntarily. The conditions contributing to overactive bladder are:
- Excessive production of urine due to diabetes, poor kidney function or excessive fluid intake
- Medications that increase urine production by the bladder
- Acute infections in the urinary tract
- Abnormalities in the bladder, for instance, bladder stones or tumors
- Factors hindering bladder outflow such as constipation, enlarged prostate or earlier treatments for incontinence (loss of bladder control)
- Excessive intake of alcohol or caffeine
- Decline in one’s cognitive abilities due to factors such as ageing, thus making it hard for the bladder to comprehend the signals it gets from the brain
- Incomplete emptying of the bladder, leaving only a little storage space for the urine
- Neurological disorders
How it can be treated?
- Behavioral interventions help to manage overactive bladder effectively and without side-effects. They include-
- Exercises to strengthen one’s urinary sphincter and pelvic floor muscles
- Maintaining a healthy weight
- Regulating fluid consumption
- Planning a schedule for trips to the toilet
- Employing a catheter to empty the bladder entirely
- Medications to alleviate the symptoms of incontinence and overactive bladder are-
- Oxybutynin gel
- Oxybutynin as a skin patch
- Injecting small doses of Botox (Botulinum toxin), protein-bacteria, directly into the bladder tissues to partially paralyze the bladder muscles, thus delaying urination.
- Surgery to magnify bladder capacity
However, it is a must that you seek the guidance of a urologist on immediate basis.