Lybrate.com has an excellent community of General Surgeons in India. You will find General Surgeons with more than 36 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find General Surgeons online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Kidney Stones Treatment
Removal Of Stitches Procedure
Corn Removal Procedure
Dressings Of Wounds Procedure
Varicose Vein Laser Treatment
Hernia Repair Surgery
Urinary Incontinence (Ui) Treatment
Stitching Of Wounds Procedure
Treatment Of Deep Vein Thrombosis - Dvt
Male Breast Reduction Treatment
Prostate Laser Surgery
Gastric Bypass Surgery
Treatment of Bone Marrow Transplantation
Vascular Surgery Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. D. BalakumarYour feedback matters!
Hi. I am 20 and I have dark circles under my eyes and also above on eyelids. So please recommend me any homeopathic medicine to get rid of dark circles ?
I am 28 years old, having boils on my hand and all over body, leave white spots after them. How can I get rid of.
I am having blisters on my back area near my spine, it gives me a lot of pain and burning sensation. I have consulted a skin specialist who diagnosed it as Herpes Zoster. I have been prescribed Valcet 1000 mg thrice a day for 5 days. Emanzen D twice a day for 5 days. Fusiate cream to be applied on blisters twice a day for 5 days. Kivical lotion once every day at night. He did not do any tests for the same. Just manually verification and all these medicines were prescribed. For the last 3 days I have taken these medicines but not any great results yet. Are there any tests which needs to be done for the same to confirm the disease?
I am 33 years old and after my scissorion baby birth my belly. Has enlarged a lot kindly tell how to shed the. Loose skin and extra weight.
I am getting tanned very fast when I go out side I used many sun screen lotions but there is no use could you please help me in this.
I have many tiny warts on my skin .also the body. They look really dull .n also the are occurring more and more. Is my blood not pure. please suggest a home remedy for this .Thanking you in advance.
What kind of medicine or ointment should I use to get remove smoking spots from my lips. Brand or product recommendation would be really helpful.
I had a unknown insect bite on face yesterday night morning it was red but now a swelling has started what to do.
I am 28 female I experience itching and redness in my private area. I try to maintain hygiene by washing the area and trimming the hair around the area but still at times I experience the same. Is it a sign of some infection? What all precautions should I take to avoid the situation?
Fissure in anal aperture not healing and painful inspite of continued sits bath and pilex ointment application.
Scars may mar the beauty and proportion of your face and its features. There are many reasons why we may suffer from scars starting from accidents to other causes like birth defects and other ailments. When we are injured or the skin is ruptured, the bruise or the wound usually heals itself by turning into scar tissue.
While much of this may disappear for smaller wounds, there are others that remain obvious and become scars. Many of these scars may be in a prominent location like the face, which can lead to loss of confidence and self-esteem. While make-up and creams can diminish the jarring effect of such scars, there is also a permanent way to deal with them cosmetic surgery. Here is everything you need to know about the same.
- Point of surgical techniques: While total scar removal will depend on the severity of the scar and its location, the point of most surgical techniques for scar removal involve making the skin as smooth as possible so that the scar becomes almost invisible.
- Skin resurfacing methods: Dermabrasion and laser resurfacing are some of the most popular methods employed for this process. While dermabrasion basically helps in scraping away the top surface of the skin in order to help new skin grow back, laser resurfacing does pretty much the same with the help of laser beams that will act on the problem areas. Dermabrasion usually helps when the scar is slightly raised and embossed on the skin, giving the appearance of a second skin with its defect. The laser light of the laser resurfacing helps by smoothen the rough patch of skin that forms the scar. This is done by running the beams on the rough or elevated patches until they are removed for the new skin to emerge eventually.
- Kelotoid scars: Most kelotoid scars are treated with the help of medicated injections that can be administered by a cosmetic surgeon. Hypertropic scars are also treated in this way.
- Surgical incisions: In case the above methods do not help in removing particularly stubborn or old scars, the cosmetic surgeon can also suggest using a surgical incision in order to join the skin together with very fine stitches. This process can help in making the scar less prominent to a great extent.
- Side effects: In all these methods, you would do well to discuss the possible side effects with your cosmetic surgeon. Some amount of bruising and redness of the skin is to be expected for a few days. Also, a little bit of swelling is normal. But if these side effects do not abate in a hurry and get progressively worse, then it would be a good idea to report the changes to the doctor for further treatment. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a Cosmetic/Plastic Surgeon.