Lybrate.com has an excellent community of General Surgeons in India. You will find General Surgeons with more than 25 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find General Surgeons online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Laparoscopic Cholecystectomy Procedure
Treatment of Lumpectomy
Treatment of Bone Marrow Transplantation
Kidney Stones Treatment
Male Breast Reduction Treatment
Accident Injuries Treatment
Gastric Bypass Surgery
Prostate Laser Surgery
Urinary Incontinence Surgery
Stem Cell Transplant
Post Induction Therapy
Post Induction Transplant
Varicose Vein Laser Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. D. BalakumarYour feedback matters!
I am 21 years old. In my ass there is some small types of pin ball and some tym its going to be pain. What should I do? Give me suitable suggestion.
I am 30 years old. I am having problem of dark circles under eyes since long time. I have taken many treatments in homeopathic and allopathic but no effect I have seen. Inspite of taking plenty of water and soundsleep I am not getting any relief. In summers it become more prominant. Please advise me to treat this.
Hi this is mary I am suffering about skin problems on my face under eyes and over chin very much black spot there so what are the solution.
I'm having a rectal bleed from past couple of weeks (once or twice per week) but today I had huge loss of blood in my stool is this serious or life threatening thanks in advance.
I got permanent tattoo on inner side of hand elbow. Is there any way to remove it except laser? inexpensive way to get rid if? please tell any proven remedy
A mammogram is an imaging test where an X-ray is taken to recreate the internal imagery of your breasts. This is a screening test that is widely used to find the earliest signs of cancer. There have been instances where the early signs of cancer have been found up to three years before the actual development of the same. There are a number of benefits and risks in this screening method. So let us find out more about getting a mammogram, and whether or not you should get one.
- Procedure: A special X-ray machine is used for conducting a mammogram. There is a clear plastic plate on which the specialist will place the breast while another plate will press on the breast from above. While both the plates serve to flatten the breast and hold it still, the X-ray will be taken. Some pressure will be felt and the same steps will be repeated so as to get the side view of the breasts. The same procedure will be repeated for the other breast. Meanwhile, once it is done, you will need to wait so that the technician can check for clarity, and whether or not the procedure needs to be done again. The results of this procedure cannot be relayed by the technician, and all the images will be different because all breasts are slightly different from each other.
- Preparation: You will need to remember that the process can be a slightly painful one, especially once the pressure gets applied. Many women complain of discomfort and pain. Yet, this discomfort gets over before you know it. The pressure and pain will depend on the size of your breasts and how much they will have to be pressed in order to get a picture. The skill of the technician will also come into play here. One must remember not to get this procedure done a week or so before or after the menstrual cycle, as the breasts tend to be tender around this time, and the pain will be much more.
- Radiologist: Within a few weeks after the procedure, the radiologist will usually deliver the result. This is the professional who does an accurate reading of the X-ray.
- Normal and Abnormal Readings: If your mammogram result has a normal reading, then you can resort to getting one done every once in a while. But an abnormal reading will require further X-ray and tests so as to be able to tell for sure.
- Why should I get one: If you are over 40 and have a family history of such ailments, then you will have to get a mammogram done regularly. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a doctor and ask a free question.
I am 19 years boy. I use a cream name Skin light. This cream is effective in my face. Which cream is increase my fairness.
My friend told me that some times he practice burning sensation while having a bowel movement and also some times he feels that anal opening area is swelled slightly. What medicine he should take for the remedy of the same? Tysm.
Hii, doctor I am sagar. actually I suffering from rashes. And I take medicine teczine last 3 month and I fell good but when I decide to quit. After 2 day rashes are started and irritating me plzz tell me. What I should do. Next step.
Hi and hello pls suggest me at now I am using melacare cream . Is there any alternative cream for whiting and glow on face or can I use vitamin c cream on face ?
I have started getting dark circles around my eyes .I am taking medication for depression. Please recommend a suitable remedy and what is the reason behind the appearance of the dark circles
I have a accident in left leg near by thy and got problem of DVT (deep veins thrombosis) I have swelling in leg blood not circulate properly.
SIR/Madam, I have got many blackheads on my face and I am sick from these blackheads please tell me how I can remove them.
2. Drink at least cup of milk daily.
3. Apply coconut / til oil to your whole body and almond oil to your face at the time of bath. It will help to prevent dryness.
4. Use malai+turmeric+besan once in a day to look beautiful and fresh.
5. Take good sleep.