Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 30 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Cynthia Alexande
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Cynthia AlexandeYour feedback matters!
My gynaec told me during ultrasound that I have excessive amniotic fluid and AFI she mentioned as 13.0 cm. Is it a cause of concern or worry? What should I do ?my baby was seen quite active and in breech position.
Hi, I have to ask a personal question. I am a married man and I have sex with my wife many times without condom but my penis upper skin is not broken yet. Can you suggest me how will it break. So my penis inner part comes out of the penis outer skin. And will this affect in pregnancy. Please revert as soon as possible. Thanks.
Hello doctor, My wife got normal delivery in 5th month due to the cause of leaking of amniotic fluid Delivery date 16/03/2016 Do she go to aerobics and exercises now? Can we join physical relationship If not how much time we tale for this Please tell me suggestion doctor Thankyou.
Winter is the time when people cherish food for several reasons, be it the seasonal availability of certain food items and their unique flavor, color, taste, etc. Also, during winters we need to add food that warm us and helps to build immunity to fight against common cold, cough and flu.
This season brings with it hearty winter greens like palak, methi, sarson, muli and high energy and protein grains like Bajra and makki which are loaded with warmth giving quality.
All this calls for higher intake of food leading to more calorie intake than usual. Here are some winter foods with high nutritional value coming in a low calorie package.
1. Methi leaves: In winters, methi leaves are available in abundance and are fresh. It is an excellent source of folate, vitamin A, B6, C, and K. It is excellent in boosting immunity during the winter months. Methi instantly increases body heat which is perfect for cold days. Methi also helps in lowering the cholesterol and control diabetes. It can be consumed in many ways either make a parantha out of it or a subzi, its goodness remains there.
2. Citrus fruits: Citrus fruits especially orange and grapefruit are at their juiciest in the wintertime. Loaded with vitamin C. Citrus fruits are also rich in flavonoids, which are known to boost ‘good’ HDL cholesterol and lowering “bad” LDL cholesterol and triglycerides.
3. Carrot: It is the “powerfood” of winters, packed with vitamins and minerals like vitamin A, C, K, and B8, beta carotene, folate, potassium, iron, copper, and manganese. Good for vision as it is a good source of vitamin A. Pectin present in it lowers the cholesterol levels. Carrots are known to possess anti cancer properties. Try to have a glass of carrot juice daily.
4. Hot soups: Nothing is better than a bowl of hot soup during chilly winters. Less in calories, higher in nutrients, satisfies the taste buds, provides heat to your body. What else can be a better appetizer than even a simple tomato soup or chicken soup.
5. Ginger: Ginger acts as an antioxidant. It makes your immune system strong. It is an excellent remedy against cold and flu especially when taken with honey. It boosts the metabolism and keeps the body warm. A hot cup of ginger tea is the best way to protect from winter chills.
Let’s gives this winter a healthy break by adding above mentioned foods in our diet
Hi, Mai 3 month ki pregnancy hai mujhe kl raat halki si bleeding hui hai or uske bad nahi hui kya mera baby thik hai mere doctor ne mujhe injection bhi lgaya hai or unho ne bedrest kaha hai kya mera baby thik hai please tell me I am worried about this.
The disruption of the normal female cycles of menstruation and ovulation after the age of 45 and the loss of her ability to conceive naturally is known as menopause. The associated symptoms of menopause are heat flushes, insomnia, weight gain, depression, nausea and fatigue. While hormone replacement therapy is the most common procedure to provide relief from menopausal symptoms, natural homeopathic remedies can also be used for the same. These remedies are completely safe as opposed to hormone replacement therapy which has a number of side effects.
The following homeopathic medicines and remedies can be used to treat menopause:
- A balanced diet which provides you with optimal nutrition can be helpful in treating menopausal symptoms. When you get enough vitamins and minerals, the physical discomfort caused by the symptoms can be reduced greatly.
- Phosphorus can help with migraines, extreme sweating, numb hands, fast pulse, memory problems and dry and itchy skin. Foods high in phosphorus content are meat, fish, cheese, nuts and seeds of pumpkins, sunflowers etc.
- Excessive deposition of fat can interfere with the hormonal cycles and cause imbalances in the level of estrogen and progesterone. So, regular yoga and exercise can be helpful.
- Amylenum nitrosum can provide relief from profuse sweating, shortness of breath and palpitations.
- Phytoestrogen or dietary estrogen is a compound found in foods such as soybeans, oats, barley, carrots, fenugreek, rice etc. Phytoestrogen can provide natural relief from menopausal symptoms.
- Aurum metallicum is used to get the tissues and organs to function normally again and control feelings of anxiety and claustrophobia.
- Aconitum napellus (wolf's bane) is a flowering plant and its extracts can reduce panic attacks, heat flushes, over excitability and depressive symptoms.
- Argentum nitricum is a nitrate compound of silver which is used to control excessive bleeding in the pre-menstrual stages.
- Belladonna (deadly nightshade) is beneficial for a large number of symptoms such as headaches, fatigue, insomnia, frequent urination, osteoporosis, abnormal weight gain and other nervous disorders.
- Bryonia alba, a flowering plant, is used as a remedy for vaginal infections, rashes and vaginal dryness that are common during menopause.
- Natrum muriaticum, in small amounts, helps to reduce stress. Stress can cause problems in thyroid function, cognitive functioning, digestive system functioning and it can elevate blood pressure levels rapidly.
- Nux vomica (strychnine) is a common homeopathic medicine for nausea, vomiting and indigestion. These problems are seen frequently in menopausal women, especially after meals at night. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a Homeopath.
Sinuses, also known as paranasal sinuses as they surround the nasal cavity, are hollow air-filled cavities. Humans have four pairs of such cavities which are known as:
- Frontal sinus - in the forehead
- Maxillary sinus - behind the cheekbones
- Ethmoid sinus - between the eyes behind the bridge of the nose
- Sphenoid sinus - behind the eyes
What is sinusitis?
Sinusitis is the inflammation or infection of one or more of the sinuses. It can be caused by a virus, bacteria, fungus, allergies or excessive nose blowing and results in the blockage of the sinus opening. Sinusitis can be acute (lasting 4 or lesser weeks), subacute (lasting 4 to 8 weeks), chronic (lasting beyond 8 weeks) and recurring (several attacks in a year).
Acute sinusitis generally causes pain in the sinuses, headaches, loss of smell, stuffiness, and coughs as well as may also cause bad breath, toothaches, and fever.
What does the homeopathic treatment for sinusitis entail?
Homeopathy is an alternative medicine system which uses plants and minerals to develop remedies that augment the body's natural defenses by stimulating symptoms of the disease the patient is suffering from.
Acute sinusitis finds a permanent cure in homeopathy. Though treatment takes time, it rebuilds the body's immunity to sinusitis. It drains the sinuses, kills the germs and wipes the infection off at the root, thus preventing it from recurring. When antibiotics are used to treat sinusitis, there may be side effects such as fungal infections. Fungal infection is a leading cause of chronic sinusitis.
Homeopathy can boost the body's immunity which can treat fungal infections from the root, hence eliminating chances of recurrence. It can treat the symptoms of sinusitis and provide relief from associated respiratory diseases and allergies. There are different remedies available to treat the different symptoms of sinusitis, which work together to completely cure it by boosting the body's immune system without having any side effects.
Homeopathy for Nasal Polyps:
With Chronic sinus, soft growths arising from the mucous membrane of the nose or paranasal sinus are referred as nasal polyps. The most common treatment option suggested by a conventional system in nasal polyps is surgical removal. In most cases, nasal polyps reappear after surgery. However, surgery is a temporary fix since it does not address the body's tendency to form polyps. Homeopathy, on the other hand, offers a permanent solution by treating the root cause. Following six homeopathic medicines are usually recommended for nasal polyps - Lemna Minor, Sanguinaria Can, Calcarea Carb, Kali Bichrome, Teucrium, and Phosphorus. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a Homeopath.
hi madam may i know What should a pregnant lady do if she has an ulcer at her tongue? and which medicion should i take or not ?
Oppositional Defiant Disorder (ODD) is a disorder found in young children. Some common traits of a kid suffering from ODD include disobedient behavior, vindictiveness, manipulation, anger issues and irritability. These kids are known to have a negative mindset and are very difficult to get along with.
Here is a list of ways to deal with a kid suffering from ODD
- Communicate you expectations clearly: Kids suffering from this disorder feels an irresistible urge to control the environment they are residing in. It helps when you lay down simple, but mandatory house rules such as not raising the voice, being kind to others, refraining from hurting family and friends etc. This will not only keep their behavior in check, but will help them to make better choices.
- Be calm: Make sure you don’t give your kids any room to argue. Remind them that house rules apply for everyone. A back-and-forth argument will give your kids to impose his will on you. Explain in short the parental requirement that is expected. While giving instructions make sure you maintain a calm and collective dialect. Scolding or arguing your kid will do more harm than good.
- Use empathy: Instead of imposing parental will, it is best to be empathetic towards your defiant kid. For instance despite your repeated warnings, if your kid continues to watch TV or hook to the play station, remind them why it is important to go to bed early. Explain to them that you understand his feeling of having to leave the day for the night, but also tell them how his favorite activities can be continued the next day.
- Reward scheme: Kids with ODD reacts wonderfully to a reward system. For instance, if he successfully sticks to the rules laid in the house or behaves the way he is expected, he should be rewarded for the job well done. This reward scheme should be declared well in advance. As a parent, your job is to continuously remind him about the reward if he manages to do a job well. This incentive scheme will force your kid to be obedient.
- Don’t use false threats: Be very precise with your kid about the instruction you want them to follow. If you want him to brush his teeth before going to sleep, make it very clear to him what would be the consequences if the instruction is not followed. Do not use empty threats. As a parent, if you fail to keep your end of the bargain, your kid will not value your word anymore.
- Create a routine: A routine works well with kids suffering from ODD disorder. Every task should be time bound with more than one choice. For instance, between 5 PM to 7 PM allow them to do either of the two things like playing outdoor games or spending time with the play station.
In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!