Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 42 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Endometrial Ablation Procedure
Treatment of Treatment of Breast Cancer
Management of Abortion
Hormonal Replacement Therapy Treatment
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment of Gynae Problems
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Menopause Related Issues
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Treatment of Mirena (Hormonal Iud)
Pap Smear Procedure
Polycystic Ovary Syndrome Treatment
Treatment of Uterine Bleeding
Antenatal And Postnatal Exercise
Submit a review for Dr. CumithaYour feedback matters!
Are you observing bumps and lesions in and around your vagina? These are female genital sores, which may be painful, itchy, produce a discharge, and are very tender. These lumps and sores may occur due to skin disorders. Female genital sores mostly appear as a symptom of STIs or sexually transmitted infections. STIs are considered to be a hidden epidemic, which many women leave untreated because of embarrassment or fear.
Diagnosis of female genital sores
A physical examination is conducted for determining the cause of genital sores and lumps in females. A pelvic exam test will be undertaken and you will have to provide reports of your medical history. Certain tests such as blood work and a culture of the sore may be required as well. A culture involves taking a swab sample from the affected sore and testing it for detecting bacteria. After the cause of your genital sores is determined, an ideal treatment method is prescribed.
On observing the symptoms of genital sores, you can apply some self-care measures to treat them before you get to visit a doctor. You can try a sitz bath, which is effective for pain and discomfort relief. A sitz bath can be prepared at home by filling your bathtub with warm water, going up to your hips when you get immersed. You should add a mild saline solution or baking soda to the bathtub water. A small basin for a sitz bath can be purchased from a drug store.
- The method or treatment for genital sores and lumps depends on the cause.
- Certain topical oral medicines are used for treatment of the sores and for relieving pain.
- Other medications such as antibiotics, corticosteroids, pain relievers, antiviral medicines and several anti-itch drugs are also used.
- Some types of genital sores do not need treatment, but you should get them removed if they bother you. A noncancerous cyst is an example of such type of a sore.
- The long term outlook for genital sores in females depends on the cause, once again. Sores and lumps caused because of chronic skin conditions and genital herpes are likely to recur. The long term outlook also depends on how fast you get an existing STI treated.
For the prevention of female genital sores, you should practice protected sex by using condoms. This prevents the infection from spreading to the people you have sex with. It is also important for you to open up about your condition and seek proper treatment, if you experience symptoms.
I have a problem with my left breast .its paining so much for few days.. The pain extends to my arms and my center back. I can't sleep very well .what is the problem .can you help me.
Pregnancy is a time when women need to be in the best of their health. Yet, there are various kinds of conditions and ailments that a pregnant woman can suffer from. One of them is gestational diabetes mellitus. Gestational diabetes is a type of diabetes mellitus that usually afflicts pregnant women who are suffering from high glucose levels in their blood. Let us get to know more about this condition.
Timing: Gestational diabetes strikes an expecting mother around the third trimester. This is usually the time when pregnant women exhibit levels that are higher than normal. This may be due to the fact that the placental lactogen can block the action of the insulin receptors, leading to a spike in blood sugar levels.
Past History of Diabetes: Women who have not previously witnessed a rise in their blood sugar levels or any previous diagnosis of diabetes can also end up contracting gestational diabetes during their pregnancy due to an ineffective insulin response of the body and its chemicals. Also, after suffering from gestational diabetes, women are at a higher risk of suffering from Type 2 Diabetes Mellitus, thereafter.
Untreated Gestational Diabetes: The children born to mothers, who were not treated properly for gestational diabetes, are usually at risk of various other ailments. These children may be prone to complications during delivery. After birth, they are prone to various issues like low blood sugar levels as well as jaundice. These children may not be able to enjoy a normal delivery, and may have to be delivered via Caesarean Section, and even face premature delivery.
Food: It is important to monitor the blood sugar levels in gestational diabetes. One of the best ways to do this is to follow a proper diet plan. The food in the diet of these expecting mothers should include dietary fibres, carbohydrates and other nutrients like protein, calcium and iron. It is important to break the meals down into smaller portions or mini meals so that the insulin inhibitors can do their work more effectively, even as the body and the baby remain nourished.
Exercise: While most forms of exercise are discouraged during pregnancy, it is always a good idea to remain fit by doing your chores and walking. Pre-natal yoga can also help by introducing certain yogic poses that are good for expecting mothers. Gestational diabetes can also be tackled with the help of exercises like walking.
Gestational diabetes must be treated on time, and properly, so as to avoid complications for the baby and mother during and after birth.
I'm 23 years old. I'm no getting my periods properly. It's around 3months. I'm using evacure medicine with the prescription of doctor. Is this medicine helps in getting periods. Or any other medicine is there to get periods.
I have a slight problem in follicular study. Rupture is getting late. So periodical date is often late. If it's 4 to 5 days late I am getting some physical problem. Got the delivery in 2013. So what I should take in food or not?
I am 21 years old and I doesn't having a periods in this month. And there is no pregnancy. I have checked with the pregnancy test. I am very scared what should I do?
Hello there I am 23 years old and I am trying to plan for a baby and me and my wife do indulge during her ovulation cycle and her periods get delayed but there is no science of pregnancy and I need some help is to how we go about conceiving and have a baby please help thanks ! My wife is 21 years old.
Till 6 months I gave breastfeeding. Still continuing to give. Bt can I feed my baby girl Amul milk if no why?
My friend had unprotected sex with his girlfriend but he only inserted not ejaculated. She took ipill before sex. Will she be pregnant. We all r worried.
Today is 3rd day from missed period of my wife. We are trying for baby. She has back pain, white discharge and increased temperature up to 100.7.Can she take parcemotol to reduce temperature (fever)
Wine lovers have a difficult time answering this question to others, red or white, as both have their share of points when a comparison is being drawn between the two. Too many researches have been undertaken to make a choice and the following are some points that might help you decide.
Some popular white wines include Champagne, Sauvignon Blanc, Pinot Grigio, Chardonnay, Riesling, and Chenin Blanc. Popular red wines include Cabernet Sauvignon, Zinfandel, Pinot Noir, Syrah, Merlot, and Sangiovese.
White wine is made from white grapes, without any skin or seeds. Red wines are made from whole dark red or black grapes, and the skin adds to the flavour and colour. Red wines are richer, white ones are sweeter.
Though wine lovers would decide on red or white wine depending on their preferred taste, from a health point of view, red wine wins over white wine. Though they are both made of grapes, they do not provide any benefit like fruits. Through fermentation, their original nutrition is lost but newer benefits towards heart and lung health settle in.
Read on to know more:
- Red wines have less natural sugar compared to white wines, though there is no significant difference in terms of carbohydrates or calories.
- Both have equal amounts of calcium, which is good for bones.
- Red wine has more amount of iron, phosphorus, and magnesium compared to the white variety.
- Red wine has as much potassium as in a banana, so beats the white variety again.
- Carotenoids like lutein and zeaxanthin are found in good amounts in the red variety, which is good for macular degeneration.
- Red wine also is richer in choline, which prevents liver damage and overall inflammation.
- Red wines, with the skin as well, contain resveratrol which is protective against heart disease. They prevent plaque formation in the arteries, improve the immune system, and inhibit cancer growth.
- The polyphenol in them are excellent antioxidants and help in preventing cholesterol levels, reducing blood pressure, strengthening the immune system, are anti-infective and anticancer agents.
- The flavonoids in the red wines also have strong antioxidant properties and help in reducing the risk of cancer.
- White wines are more acidic, and so are proven to cause more erosion of the teeth. Red is safer, with less damage to the teeth.
Though white is sweeter, the red one is healthier. With its benefits over the white variety is almost all aspects, it wins over. A word of caution, though wine contains alcohol, which has its own harmful effects on the body. The debate here is only to prove that red wine has more benefits compared to the white variety when consumed in moderate amounts (up to 2 drinks per week). If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a dietitian-nutritionist.
I am 24 years old I got self medical abortion with unwanted kit and had intercourse with my partner after 3 day. Can I get infections or can I again become pregnant.
I am a student of 12 class and my problem is I found some stone like hard material inside my breast it does not create any pain its size is approx 3 cm. What is this how can I cure this I am very about that? Is it take surgery?
I am 29 year old and married for last three years. I am trying from last 10months but not able to get pergnent. My cycle of period is 31 days and regular. Kindly assist me.
As the mood and the weather goes, the only things we want to eat during the monsoons are hot and crunchy. However, immunity is at its lowest for all of us during this season, hence it is important that we also include in our diet, foods that are good for our health. Few fruits that are must haves during monsoons are:
1) Peaches - Peaches have vitamin c, which helps boost immunity and protects the skin against the humid weather. It also helps in weight loss.
2) Jamun - A monsoon fruit, jamun is not only low in calorie but is also full of iron, potassium, vitamins and folate, all of which are beneficial for the health, especially in this season.
3) Litchis - Rich in vitamin c, litchis help boost the body's resistance as well as immunity. Packed with anti-oxidants, litchis also assist weight loss.
4) Plums - Monsoon is that time for the year when almost everyone is seen to be falling sick. Plums help boost the body's immunity and protect it from seasonal diseases like cold and flu.
5) Cherries - Cherries help fight infections and the anti-oxidants present help soothe and relax the brain.
6) Pomegranates - This fruit is ideal for monsoons as its full of nutrients which assist in building and improving the immunity.
7) Apples - Apples are an all season fruits and should never be excluded from one's diet. As the saying goes'an apple a day keeps the doctor away, a few slices of an apples are good to keep you away from seasonal illnesses.
8) Bananas - Rich in minerals and vitamins, bananas help ease the process of digestion.
9) Pears - Our bodies need a lot of vitamins to fight infections which we might catch during the monsoons. Pears help us with this.
10) Papayas - Rich in vitamin c, papayas help improve the immunity and fight against illnesses. Having high fiber content, they also assist in proper digestion.
If you would like to consult with me privately, please click on'consult.
From lybrate: if you found this tip useful, please thank the doctor by clicking on the heart icon below. Also, spread good health by sharing this tip with your loved ones over whatsapp, facebook and other media.