Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 31 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. CumithaYour feedback matters!
My wife just delivered baby. We didn't had sex so long. Want to suck her boobs milk. Can I do so now.
I am 43 years old lady. I am on first stage of menopause. How I can control my requirement of calcium and vitamin D in daily diet in terms of milk, curd,eggs, dry fruits etc. I am vegetarian. I want to avoid supplements. Please suggest me.
Hi, I am suffering last 3 years irregular periods so that am not conceive so please help me I am waiting for my pregnancy.
Almost 90% of smartphone users spend most of their time on their phones. Whatsapp, facebook, twitter, instagram, games. This addiction is not only heavy on our data packs and pockets, but are equally damaging to our neck and back. During neutral position of neck, there are about 10-12 pounds of force working on the cervical spine (neck). The force increases in proportion to the bending angle of our neck. Have a look at the attached picture.
The simplest solution to avoid this damage to our neck and hence development of cervical spondylosis is to hold the phone at eye level!
I am suffering from ovarian cysts. Kindly suggest me some medication or treatment as I don't want to do surgery.
Hi, Question Behalf Of My Sister, My Sister is Pregnant of 5 Months, Guide What was Good Food To Take And Food items to avoid totally and other tips please.
Omega 3 is a necessary chain of fatty acids in the body. They can't be produced by the body and are hence very vital. Omega 3 deficiency means the absence of long chain fatty acids that are required to regulate body function like the cardiovascular, inflammatory and immunity of the body. A deficiency in Omega 3 can be identified easily compared with the lack of other nutrients as there are many symptoms of Omega 3 deficiency. Here are some of them-
1. Heart Problems
Fatty acids help in reducing heart diseases like high cholesterol and high blood pressure. They slow down the development of blood clots and plaque, which eventually cause clots in arteries. Thus it reduces the risks of heart attacks and other heart-related problems. So if you are suffering from one, you might think about consulting a doctor as these might be due to deficiency of Omega 3.
2. Poor Mental Health
Omega 3 acids are considered to be crucial for memory and mental performance. They help in building cell membranes around the brain, which are essential for brain health. Hence the intake of right amount of Omega 3 fatty acids is important when it comes to efficient brain function. Deficit or poor academic performance are some results of less Omega 3 in the body.
Omega 3 fatty acids are highly effective in preventing and managing depression. A low level of this healthy fat may increase the risk of depression as well as worsen the symptoms. In fact, Omega 3 fatty acids are more effective than placebos for depression in both adults and children.
4. Poor Vision
Falling eyesight or other eye problems are other signs of essential fatty acid deficiency. These fatty acids are an important component of fat molecules, which keep the eyes healthy. They also take care of the proper drainage of the eye fluids thus causing the risk of high eye pressure and glaucoma.
5. Joint Pains
A low level of Omega 3 fatty acids may lead to inflamed joints, which may eventually cause arthritis. The Omega 3 acids have anti-inflammatory properties that help in reducing the pain and inflammation of the body. The fatty acids also assist in easing joint tenderness, decreasing stiffness and may help lessen the need for medication.
If you feel you have these problems as well, then don’t forget to visit a doctor. A medical practitioner can help in improving the situation before it has worsened too much. So be sure to consult one before it’s too late.
Hello Doctor, I am 6 months pregnant and I want to know that which tests I have to do before delivery?
Hi I am 15 weeks now my rite lower abdomen is cramping and now I can feel like spasm pain is this common? And I feel like I'm discharging down but I am not all those are common during pregnancy?
Vaccines are recommended for very young children because their immune systems are not yet fully mature and also because their stomachs produce less acid, making it easier for ingested bacteria and viruses to multiply. These factors leave them the most vulnerable to the devastating effects of these serious diseases.
When a baby is developing in the mother's womb it is in a sterile environment. The baby's immune system goes into action at birth, as the child confronts bacteria outside of the womb. But our bodies are an amazing creation with an immune system that is ready to go to work from the moment that we are born. Infants begin to immediately develop an active immune response to these bacteria -- an immune response that prevents these bacteria from entering the bloodstream and causing harm.
Within the first two years of life a child is exposed to 11 or 12 vaccines, some of which are given over time in multiple doses. The degree to which these vaccines challenge a child's immune system is just a drop in the ocean when compared to the tens of thousands of environmental challenges that babies successfully manage every single day.
Things you should discuss with your child's health care provider when scheduling vaccinations:
If your child has had an allergic reaction to a previous vaccination or a vaccine ingredient, such as eggs or gelatin.
If your child has a high fever, or a history of fever after receiving a vaccination.
Doctors and other public health experts have worked hard to come up with the optimal vaccination schedule, affording the most complete and safest protection possible. It is not advisable to skip or delay vaccines, as this will leave the child vulnerable to disease for a longer period of time. Parents should discuss any concerns with their child's pediatrician.
My gf's friend she was in a relationship with a boy about 1 year her age is 20 years due to more sex her breast and vagina became loose pls suggest medicine for her.
I am a 19 years old female unmarried. I have irregular periods since from 6 months. What should I do?
I have swelling in my vagina which is itchy and feels dryness there and while having sex it burns and feels itchy too.
My friend had unprotected sex & then within 24 hours she took an ipill. And suffered from periods within a week. 28 days has been passed from the day of her periods bt still she hasn't gone through her menstrual cycle so is she in trouble?
I'm 20 years old extremely skinny girl. Like every youth, I too masturbate. But I feel that since I started masturbating, I started suffering from the problem of white discharge. Now, I masturbate number of times a day. I want to control it but still I'm not able. What should I do to stop it? Is it just a myth or what? I have read severally that it is a healthy and natural phenomenon. Then why this white discharge? I'm totally confused. Though I've had a checkup and my doctor told me that I'm anemic. But I didn't told him about my masturbating routine (though I told him about white discharge). Does it means that I was anemic or infected since such a long time when I started masturbating (2-3 years ago)? Or it is because of masturbation? And is masturbation responsible for my skinny body? Please clarify everything to me in detail.
Last time I got my periods was lst month 5th dis month till 2 day ie 21 din t get my periods aft 10 days ie on 15 I started eating cycle reg fr 4 days but still I din t get my periods and I checked pregnancy test at home it z negative and oso got a scanning done showing no formation of gest sac on 18th of this month .wht may be the cause of delay.
सोते समय स्वप्न में यौन क्रीड़ा संबंधी दृश्य देखने पर जननेन्द्रिय में उत्तेजना आती है और शुक्राशय में एकत्रित हुआ शुक्र निकल जाता है, इसे स्वप्नदोष (नाइट फाल) होना कहते हैं, स्वप्नदोष होने का यह भी एक कारण होता है।
हमेशा दिमाग को अच्छे कामों और विचारों में उलझाए रखें।
कब्ज से बचने के लिए अपच से बचें। ये दोनों उपाय करते रहें तो बिना दवा सेवन किए भी स्वप्नदोष होना सदा के लिए बंद हो जाएगा, यह तो हुआ बगैर दवा का इलाज। इस प्रकार की व्याधि के लिए आयुर्वेदिक तरीके से इलाज का तरीका यहाँ दिया जा रहा है-
(1) पालक के पत्ते लगभग 250 ग्राम पानी से खूब धोकर सिल पर बिना पानी के पीस लें। एक मोटे साफ धुले हुए कपड़े को पानी में भिगोकर खूब अच्छी तरह निचोड़ लें, ताकि कपड़े में पानी न रहे। अब इसमें पिसी हुई पालक रखकर कपड़े को दबा-दबाकर पालक का रस एक कप में टपकाएँ। सुबह खाली पेट यह रस, दन्त मंजन करने के बाद पी लें और आधा घंटे तक कुछ खाएँ-पिएँ नहीं। यह प्रयोग रोजाना 6-7 दिन तक करने से स्वप्नदोष होना बंद हो जाता है। यह एक आयुर्वेदिक परीक्षित नुस्खा है।
(2) नीम गिलोय के अंगुलभर आकार के तीन टुकड़े और तीन काली मिर्च सिल पर रखकर कूट-पीसकर खूब बारीक कर लें। इसे सुबह खाली पेट पानी के साथ पिएं। जब स्वप्नदोष होना बिलकुल बंद हो जाए, तब इसका सेवन करना बंद कर दें।
(3) आँवले का चूर्ण और भिंडी की जड़ का चूर्ण समान मात्रा में लेकर मिला लें और खूब बारीक पीस लें। अब इनके बराबर वजन में पिसी हुई मिश्री मिला लें। यह चूर्ण 1-1 चम्मच सुबह खाली पेट और रात को सोने से पहले, खाना खाने के 1-2 घंटे बाद पानी के साथ 40 दिन तक लेने से स्वप्नदोष होना बिलकुल बंद हो जाता है।
Intrauterine devices or IUD are T shaped contraceptive devices. These contain levonorgestrel or copper and are inserted into the uterus. IUDs are considered to be one of the most effective birth control measures and also they are reversible (meaning it can be removed whenever a need arises). The copper IUd has a failure rate of 0.8%, while the levonorgestrel IUD has only had 0.2% failures till now. As per a report in 2007, IUDs are used by more than 180 million users all over the world.
What you should know about Intrauterine devices:
- Types of IUDs: There are 2 types of IUDs Copper and Hormone: Copper IUD is considered to be the conventional form of the contraceptive. It is T shaped with strings and is inserted into the uterus by a doctor. It can remain in the body for three to five years. Minera is a known brand of the hormone IUD. It contains low dose of hormone progestin and releases the same when inserted in the uterus. This is also T shaped and has strings. This can be left for three years.
- Pelvic infections are not caused by IUDs: There is a belief that IUDs cause pelvic infection but this is not true. The strings of the new IUDs are very thin and they do not cause any pelvic infection even if a person is suffering from a sexually transmitted infection (STI). Though there might be a slight risk of infection when the IUD is inserted and in the first 20 days, but that also dissolves soon.
- IUD can be used at any age: Earlier IUDs were not recommended for women who had never got pregnant. However, now anyone can use these irrespective of being pregnant or not. It is very safe for all age groups from teenagers to women involved in active sex to women post menopause.
- IUD is as effective as getting a tubal ligation: It is believed that Minera is 99.4% effective while sterilization (tubal ligation) is 99% effective in preventing a pregnancy. Ligation is considered to be a permanent birth control solution, while IUDs can be reversed.
- IUDs do not cause infertility: It was believed that a STI would creep into the pelvis through the string of the IUD and cause infertility but this is not so. Though a STI can cause infertility but the IUD has no role in the same and does not contribute or worsen the infection.
- Hormonal IUD have less side effects than birth control pills: Breast tenderness, acne, and bleeding for a short time may persist for the initial 3-4 months in case of hormonal IUDs. The copper IUD lead to cramping and heavy flow during menstruation. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a gynaecologist and ask a free question.