Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Pediatricians in India. You will find Pediatricians with more than 38 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Pediatricians online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment of Child and Adolescent Problems
Thyroid Problems Treatment
Thyroid Disorder Treatment
Paediatric Critical Care
Treatment of Childhood Infections
Child Nutrition Management
Growth And Development Including General Paediatri
Management of New Born Care
Preimplantation Genetic Diagnosis (Pgd)
Congenital Ear Problem Treatment
Treatment of Polycystic Ovary Syndrome In Adolesce
Treatment of Thyroid Disease in Children
Cleft Lip Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Cs Rex SargunamYour feedback matters!
Three days ago, my four month old baby started spitting out all the milk. He is exclusively formuLa-fed (nan pro 1). He had been showing symptoms of a waning appetite before that. I started him on domstal baby drops (0.8 ml thrice a day), which helped in keeping the throwing up under control, but he completely lost his appetite. His milk intake went down from 900 ml a day to 300-400 ml a day. Today, we started him on walamycin suspension (3.5 ml thrice a day). His appetite has not improved. In fact, he threw up again today and spit out half of what he had taken. What is happening with him?
I am 26 years old and breastfeeding. I get leg cramps in the night. I take my meals on time. I drink milk at night but still because of the pain I can't sleep the whole night. Please prescribe any medicines.
Me and my 3 yrs daughter are having cold and cough from more than 2 weeks.. Tried medicines given by doctors. For both of us. Still the situation is the same started pain in ears also with sore throat. i am sure my daughter is also in uncomfortable time. Can any 1 help us both.
My son 4 yr old he had slight stammering some times otherwise he talk normally when some fears in his mind he stammering continueously give me suggestion for treatment.
During the first two or three days after delivery, thick and yellowish fluid is secreted from the mammary gland. This differs from the regular milk and is called colostrum. It is secreted in small quantity of about 10 to 40 ml.
- It is rich in protein.
- The total fat content of colostrum is less than mature milk.
- It has more amount of vitamin a and k.
- The concentration of lactose is also less.
- The levels of niacin, pantothenic acid, biotin and riboflavin are also low.
- Vitamin c is secreted at about the same level as in mature milk.
- Zinc content of colostrum is 20 mg/dl.
- Where as mature milk has 2.6 mg/dl.
The composition of colostrum is:
- Energy: 58 kcal
- Fat: 2.9 gm
- Calcium: 31 mg
- Phosphorus: 14 mg
- Iron: 0.09 mg
- Protein: 2.7 gm
- Lactose: 5.3 gm
- Carotene: 186 i. U.
- Vitamin: 296 a. I. U.
My baby is 17 months old his diet is also ok as per the dietitian but still he is too thin his wright is 10 kg600gm. Is there any medicine dat can make him little bit fatty.
My baby is 5.5 months old. She suffered in loose motion last 25 days. Now a days 4 to 5 times per day. Is any chances for rota virus affected to my baby. Some times its in green poop.
Hello. My baby's birth weight was 2.5 kgs. And now she is 10 months old and weighs 7.5 kgs only. Although she is very active but she is very weak. Kindly suggest what kind of food will help her in increasing weight.
Hi my daughter not eating she is 6 years Old but she is not interesting to eat anything as compare to other child Wht I dø?
Bedwetting causes stress
Know that bedwetting is often a normal part of growing up. Most children don't stay dry at night until about the age of 3. And it's usually not a concern for parents until around age 6. There are ways to work toward dry nights as a family.
Reassure your child by being supportive. He isn't wetting the bed on purpose. And bedwetting isn't typically a sign of an emotional or physical problem. Explain that it is normal, very common and that he won't always wet the bed.
Bedwetting often runs in families. If you or your partner wet the bed as a child, talk with your child about it. It'll help him see that people do outgrow it. And it may help him feel less alone and embarrassed.
Many things can lead to bedwetting. It could be the slower development of bladder control or heavy sleep. There may be hormonal issues. Stress and anxiety can be a cause. A child who's been dry and suddenly starts wetting the bed may have an infection or a big life change such as a move may be bothering her. Be sure to speak with your doctor if this is a new problem.
If she's 4 or older, ask for her ideas. What might help her stop wetting the bed? brainstorm together. Drinking less in the evening and cutting back on caffeinated drinks may be worth trying. You can also offer options like disposable underwear or waterproof sheets. By keeping it positive and involving her, you'll help build her confidence and encourage good bedtime habits
Praise and reward for staying dry
When your child has a dry night, praise her for it. Some families mark wet days and dry days on a calendar. Stickers or stars can make it fun. If your child stays dry a number of nights in a row, offer a small reward for a fun breakfast or small book. If she wets, be supportive and remind her that results will come if she keeps up her efforts
Provide simple reminders
Make using the bathroom just before he gets in bed part of his bedtime routine. Also, remind him that it's ok to get up during the night to use the bathroom. Nightlights can help him find his own way when he needs to go.
Resist the urge to wake your child a lot during the night. If you use this approach, waking once a night should be enough, perhaps right before you go to bed yourself. Keep in mind that if you deprive your child of rest and sleep, you may increase his level of stress. Stress can be a bedwetting trigger.
Involve your child in cleaning up
When he wets the bed, he can put his pjs in the hamper or help you change the sheets. Make sure he understands it's not a punishment, just part of what has to be done. The idea is to make him more aware of his bedwetting without scolding him or making him feel ashamed
Clean up: removing the smell of urine
Accidents happen. And when they do, urine can leave a stubborn odor in clothes and in bed linens. Try adding a half cup to a cup of white vinegar to your wash to remove the smell.
Cleaning a mattress: step 1
If you need to clean urine from a mattress, first use towels to blot up as much as you can. Keep blotting, but don't rub, until no more moisture comes to the surface.
Once you've blotted up as much of the urine as you can, saturate the entire area of urine stain with hydrogen peroxide. Let it stand for 5 minutes, and then use towels again to blot the area dry.
Once the mattress is dry, sprinkle baking soda over the entire area and let it stand for 24 hours. The next day, vacuum the baking soda away. It should be clean and odor free.
If your child is nervous about sleepovers, remind her of the steps she uses to stay dry at home. Giving her disposable underwear and extra clothes in case of an accident might put her at ease. A sleeping bag with waterproof lining may also help.
Beforehand, notify the adult host that your child may have some worries about bedwetting. Discuss your child's plans for handling it so everyone feels prepared.
Some medications (desipramine, desmopressin, or imipramine) may help for special occasions when your older child wants to stay dry, such as at camp.
Be patient about bedwetting
Scolding or losing your temper won't make your child stop wetting the bed. Don't bring up bedwetting in front of others to try to shame her. Embarrassment will only increase her stress and anxiety. Meanwhile, remember that bedwetting eventually does stop. Try practicing patience and providing support while you wait.
Dealing with teasing in the home
Bedwetting can make your child an easy target for teasing. To help him handle it, make your home safe for him. Don't allow anyone in your family to tease about it. Explain to siblings that bedwetting is something their brother doesn't have control over and that he needs everybody's love and support.
If your child avoids other children or comes home with unexplained injuries, she may be being bullied. Listen to what your child says. Talk with her and let her know that you know it's not her fault. Then talk with people at her school and ask what they've seen. Be proactive and work with the school to find ways to make the teasing stop.
When to call the doctor
If your child is still bedwetting at age 7, consider setting up a doctor's visit. While there may be a medical problem, most of the time there isn't. Also, see the doctor if your child suddenly starts wetting the bed after being dry for 6 months or more.
My 7 month baby goes motion very tightly at the last 4 days. Then urine color is in yellow. But her activities are normal. Say some remedy for this. Is it related to any health issues?
My one year baby has103 fever at night I give her ibugesic plus 3ml her weight is 6 kg she has runny nose also what can I give her? Any antibiotic etc?
Mouth gargling with warm water with salt added to it is a very effective method especially in chilling winters to reduce tooth ache arising due to sensitive teeth. Though it relieves the pain, consult your dentist for permanent cure.
Asthma is a respiratory disorder, which is characterized by the narrowing down and inflammation of the inner lining of the airways of the lung, resulting in excessive secretion of mucous. The airways are responsible for the passage of air from and to the lungs. Asthma can affect any person of any age group; however, the symptoms of the condition can vary. The symptoms of asthma include severe pain in the chest, coughing and problems in breathing, interruption in sleep due to breathing problems and a croaking sound during exhalation. Asthma, in most cases, tends to be chronic and can exist throughout your life with eventual changes in the nature of attack.
The most common causes of asthma are:
- Common cold and allergies from dust particles, smoke and minute insects might be catalysts for asthma.
- Suffering from severe anxiety might also cause asthma.
- Asthma might occur as a result of physical exercise and as a side effect of some medications such as ibuprofen and aspirin.
As of now, asthma is incurable. But medications can control the symptoms. Homeopathic preparations can also be useful for the treatment of asthma. Some common homeopathic remedies are as follows:
1. Arsenic album: If the symptoms include severe episodes of stress and nervousness, immense thirst but the inability to drink much water, severe attacks at night and intense pain in the upper right portion of the chest, Arsenic Album might be very useful to cure the problem.
2. Nux Vomica: If the attack is primarily caused because of gastric disorders or sudden outbursts of anger along with symptoms of dry cough, headaches and stomach aches, Nux Vomica might be used as a remedial medicine.
3. Carbo Veg: Carbo veg can be recommended if the symptoms include a pale face at the time of attack along with cold feet and hands and an itchy sensation in the larynx.
4. Kali bichromicum and Moschus: If the attacks become worse in the morning accompanied by yellow mucus discharge, the above mentioned homeopathic preparations are recommended. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a homeopath and ask a free question.
Scabies is a highly infectious disease, which is caused by very tiny wingless insects called the Human itch mite or scabies mite. The insect lays 1 to 3 eggs daily after burrowing into the skin. A small, almost invisible blister is formed on the area. You might also feel an urge to itch especially at night, which would likely cause a red rash to form on the scratched area. Sides of fingers, in between the fingers, the back of your hands, the wrists, elbow, and armpits are the common areas where scabies affect. It is generally spread when you come in close contact to any infected person or their belongings. Scabies can occur at any age, but is most common among children.
Treating scabies with homeopathy:
Homeopathy, due to its safe and natural medicines are the best alternative in treating scabies. It attacks the infection at the roots and does not let it reappear. Here given below are some of the best homeopathic remedies:
- Sulphur: If you are suffering from a recurrent or suppressed form of scabies, Sulphur is one of the best remedy for you. You might feel an intense urge to scratch the area, which worsens with when washed and exposed to heat. Your skin might be extremely sensitive to air, wind as well as washing.
- Causticum: If you have scabies in the folds of the skin and between the thighs, causticum works well for you. Intense itching, scratching and soreness are some of the symptoms you experience.
- Arsenic Album: The infection occurs in the bend of your knees and it could be dry as well as full of small pustules. You may experience itching and a burning sensation around the area. Application of cold water may also make you feel better. These symptoms are well treated with Arsenic Album.
- Sepia: It is one of the best homeopathic remedy if you have scabies, and scratching the area as much as it feels, would not give you any kind of relief. Your skin might turn pinkish and the condition worsens when exposed to open air. You may also feel better in a warm room.
- Psorinum: You can opt for this medicine if you have any past history of scabies. If your infection has not been properly cured, it can result into internal infection e.g., asthma, heart ailments etc. You might not want to stop itching until your skin starts bleeding. You may feel better if you lie down for some time.