Common Specialities
Common Issues
Common Treatments

Dr. Chowdappa P

General Physician, Chennai

Dr. Chowdappa P General Physician, Chennai
Submit Feedback
Report Issue
Get Help

Personal Statement

I'm a caring, skilled professional, dedicated to simplifying what is often a very complicated and confusing area of health care....more
I'm a caring, skilled professional, dedicated to simplifying what is often a very complicated and confusing area of health care.
More about Dr. Chowdappa P
Dr. Chowdappa P is one of the best General Physicians in Ashok Nagar, Chennai. She is currently associated with Rekha Hospital in Ashok Nagar, Chennai. Don’t wait in a queue, book an instant appointment online with Dr. Chowdappa P on has an excellent community of General Physicians in India. You will find General Physicians with more than 43 years of experience on You can find General Physicians online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.


Languages spoken


Book Clinic Appointment

Rekha Hospital

New No 27 Old No 24, Kamaraj Salai, Ashok Nagar,Landmark:Near Nirmala School, ChennaiChennai Get Directions
View All

Consult Online

Text Consult
Send multiple messages/attachments
7 days validity
Consult Now


View All Services

Submit Feedback

Submit a review for Dr. Chowdappa P

Your feedback matters!
Write a Review


Nothing posted by this doctor yet. Here are some posts by similar doctors.

I am 34 year male. I have a pain in my left/right abdomen since three years. Ultrasound say fatty liver and kidney reports found OK. Doctors say no problem, But why the pain? How can I get cure.

General Physician, Mumbai
For stomach pain take tablet Meftalspas-Ds with rantac and it might be due to enteritis and eat only curd rice or khichdi for few days and drink only boiled water
Submit FeedbackFeedback

I am 33 years I have thyroid and my sugar levels is fasting 95 to 120 some one say I am diabetic is it right I am very confused my weight is 83 kg height is 5.6. please tell me that may I start medicine.

MBBS & Post Graduate course in Diabetology, Fellow of Academy of General Education (FAGE), CCEBDM
Endocrinologist, Bangalore
No you are not diabetic, please do exercise/walking daily for 45 minutes and reduce rice items in your food menu repeat sugar levels after 3 months and confrim.
Submit FeedbackFeedback

I am 31 year old I m suffering from cough problem during early in the morning after wake up. If I take tea with empty stomach then I vomit. Or in some winter season I split cough threw my nose. Please tell me the prescription.

Pulmonologist, Faridabad
Your problem is chronic and need examination and inv. After consulting a pulmonologist. Can try glemont fx 1tab/day with breakfast with rekool l 1 tab before breakfast for 15 days.
1 person found this helpful
Submit FeedbackFeedback

Which medicine should be taken for vomiting and suddenly growing fever and body pain ?

Bachelor of Ayurveda, Medicine and Surgery (BAMS), PG Dip Panchakarma, PG Dip Ksharsutra for piles,pilonidal sinus and fistula management , Post Graduate Diploma In Hospital Administration (PGDHA), Certificate in Diabetes update
Ayurveda, Navi Mumbai
Usually if it happens spontaneously (in normal healthy person by change in season or indigestion) its good let it come out or even you can support too to complete. In case you resisted you may land in cough, skin issues, fever, cold bodyache. Or any allergic issue. After vomiting wash n rinse face n mouth by warm water, inhale fumes of turmeric and carom seeds n have poprice after an hour or two. Chew sitopaladi tab or meet your dr.
Submit FeedbackFeedback

I am a 24 year old boy. I am having serious dust allergy issues. Should I take medication to control my allergy?

MD - Alternate Medicine, BHMS
Homeopath, Surat
Take sulphur 0/4 twice in a day for a week, then take it once in a week and then revert after 2 weeks.
Submit FeedbackFeedback

Hiii am chandrashekar age 27 my question is I have my tissues up and down and am getting sperm like water from my penis please help me what to do am gng to do marriage please help me whether I become father or not.

Dear lybrate user, continue the following medications for at least 20 days to get rid of your problem of spermatorrhoea:- 1) soak 5 grams of fennel seeds (snouff) & 5 grams of rock candy (misri) in a glass of water before going to bed daily. On waking up next morning take 4 pills from ayurvedic chandraprabha bati & swallow the pills with the snouf-misri soaked water. 2) take 30 drops of homoeopathic mother tincture ashwagandha q in a cup of water daily after lunch. 3) mix 4 pills of unani jiriyani with 1 tablespoon of unani majun arad khurma & take the mixture daily after dinner.
6 people found this helpful
Submit FeedbackFeedback

I have pimples in my scrotum. Those are white in color and hard. What should I do?

MS-General Surgery, MBBS
General Surgeon, Hyderabad
You are having sebaceous cyst. They cab left untreated. If you don't like them consult a general surgeon, he will remove them.
2 people found this helpful
Submit FeedbackFeedback

I have hardly stomach pain for over 1 week. First it look like loose motion but now it's a big issue. What should I do? I wanna get rid of this pain.

General Physician, Cuttack
1.Take one tablet of meftal spas DS twice daily after food 2.Take one tablet of rantac150mg twice daily before food 3.Take bland diet,avoid spicy food 4.If no relief consult doctor/Me for further advice
1 person found this helpful
Submit FeedbackFeedback

My skin gets some problem. When I sword ,a bad smell spread away. Perfume is always be used. Actually I want to know has there any medicine or will it be any problems in future?Please tell.

General Physician, Nashik
Shave regularly under your arms. Underarm hair can increase body odour because it traps sweat and bacteria. • Apply tea-tree oil to problem areas, as long as it doesn’t irritate your skin. This oil, from an Australian tree, kills bacteria and also has a pleasant scent. • Essential oils of lavender, pine and peppermint fight bacteria. They also smell nice. Since some people have a skin reaction to certain oils, test the underarm area or a small patch of skin before using. • Delightfully fragrant, sage can fight bacteria and reduce perspiration. You can purchase a solution of sage tincture or diluted sage oil, or brew some sage tea that you cool and store in a bottle. Any of these liquids can be used in the underarm area, but not around the genitals. And after using sage, wash your hands before touching your face.
1 person found this helpful
Submit FeedbackFeedback

I am suffering from dry cough and it make me sick very much please tell me what I should do for this.

Ayurveda, Bangalore
Hi, Take 1 tsf of Yastimadhu churna with honey thrice daily for 8 -10 days and Swasatone Lehya 1 tsf followed by milk twice daily. Khadiradi Vati 1 tab. Can be chewed 3 – 4 times a day to get relief from throat irritation.
Submit FeedbackFeedback

What are the symptoms of flu? how we can prevent our self from this flu? please advice

General Physician, Faridabad
It can spread through coughing and sneezing so always cover your face while doing so. And make sure people around you in office or home also follow this.Avoid touching your eyes, nose or mouth too often Maintain a high level of personal hygiene. Always wash your hands before or after eating and particularly after returning from a public place. Sometimes virus can spread through droplets that have remained on surfaces of things like laptops, phones so avoid using someone else’s items. Avoid public places, unhygienic conditions, etc. If your city/area is swine-flu endemic, always wear a standard swine flu mask  in public places (the H-95 mask which is worn by nurses and doctors while collecting samples from swine flu victims). Normal surgical masks which sell like hot cakes during swine flu season might not give enough protection. If you feel sick and look like you are developing a cold or fever, stay at home and take enough rest. Rest has also been shown to increase ‘interferons’ which help our immunity to fight the virus better. Keeping away from others also prevents spread of the infection. Flu prevention for adults and teens aged 13 years and older. Take 1 dose, once daily, for 10 days or as long as prescribed. One dose is 75 mg/12.5 mL for adults
Submit FeedbackFeedback

I get problem in sleeping I couldn't able to sleep before 12 in the night. And when I woke in the morning there is bit headache. Can you please tell me what should I do.

General Physician, Cuttack
1.You may be having anxiety or stress. Avoid stress. 2.You need 7-8 hours of sound sleep to remain healthy. 3.Go for regular exercise, Take part in games and sports, 4.Do yoga, meditation and deep breathing exercise like pranayama to calm your mind, control your emotion, relieve anxiety and improve concentration. 5.Adhere to a specific sleep time and regular schedule 6.Take light dinner. 7.Avoid taking tea/coffee at bed time. Have a glass of warm milk at bed time .8. Don’t go to sleep immediately after dinner. Take a small walk after dinner and if possible take hot water bath before sleep. Read a light magazine or interesting book before going to bed 9. Avoid late night. 10. Don’t sleep in day time 11. Don’t take sleeping pill 12. If no relief consult doctor.
Submit FeedbackFeedback

How to get rid of stretch marks within a week or two? Please suggest some medicines. Female-21

MD - Dermatology, MBBS
Dermatologist, Mumbai
Hello. No treatment can make the stretch marks disappear in such short time. Use vaniza scar gel twice a day for 3-6 months for reducing their appearance.
1 person found this helpful
Submit FeedbackFeedback

I always suffered in cold. And I also try many kind of treatment but it shows no results. So what can I do now.

General Physician, Gurgaon
If symptoms are sneezing, running nose, blocked nose 1. Take proper rest/ lot of fluids 2. Take proper home made diet. 3. Steam inhalation carefully by steam inhaler twice a day for 2-3 days frequent/ continuous cough cold may be because of many reasons like: 1. Any ent problem like dns polyp sinusitis 2. Low immunity 3. Allergic condition so you need to consult ENT doctor for proper examination and further management. There are some supplement available that can be start after personal consultation and these supplement can reduce severity and no. of episodes of this problem
1 person found this helpful
Submit FeedbackFeedback

I am 25 years I suffering from fever please tell me symptoms of chikungunya fever?

DHMS (Hons.)
Homeopath, Patna
Hi, * body ache, shivering, cough, restlessness, nausea, fever. R the symptoms of chikunguiya take homoeo-medicines @ gelsemium 200- 4 drops thrice a day @ broyonia alb 30-4 drops thrice a day @ eup, perf 200-4 dropstdhrice a day * take digestible diet, avoiding junk food. * take plenty of water. Take care.
Submit FeedbackFeedback

I have a cough problem for more than a month. I had a medical treatment and tests also. Right now I'm having montair l. C. Tablets. But if I miss this tablet any day the problem increases. So is there any other treatment instead of having these tablets daily?

BAMS, MD Ayurveda
Sexologist, Lonavala
One of the simplest home remedies for a cough is to cut onions. Breathing in the strong vapors can help stop coughing. You can also make a cough syrup from baked onion juice, comfrey tea and honey. Drink it daily to get relief from a dry cough. Another option is to combine one-half teaspoon of onion juice with one teaspoon of pure honey. Swallow this solution at least twice a day to alleviate a cough and soothe your throat
1 person found this helpful
Submit FeedbackFeedback

I want to increase my breast size by hormonal injections.i am a male of 48 years.i want to become female by sex operations. kindly guide me.

BHARAT JYOTI, MRACGP, INCEPTOR, MD-PhD, MD - Psychiatry, FIPS, Fellow of Academy of General Education (FAGE), DPM, MBBS
Psychiatrist, Bangalore
Please consult a Surgeon who has done such procedures and get assessment properly regarding your intention.
2 people found this helpful
Submit FeedbackFeedback

I am 27 years old. I think I am addicted to sex. I keep on thinking about it but my partner who is 24 year old is not interested in it. We only have it once a week that too with lots of restrictions. Which does not satisfy me she does not want to touch my organ and I feel like I am having sex with a rubber doll. This is frustrating what can I do so that I can reduce my sex urge. Please help.

MD Psychiatry, MBBS
Psychiatrist, Mohali
Dear Mr. lybrate-user, Just having interest in sex doesn't make you an addict. Its normal to have sexual urges. Only if it gets out of hand and interferes with your life, we term it addiction. In your case, it would be best to talk to your partner openly about your needs and also give due importance to her needs. So, rather than thinking about decreasing your sexual urge, talk to your partner. Use masturbation as a way of energy release. You consider a psychiatric evaluation to ascertain your urge issues and also seek therapy for the same. Best wishes.
1 person found this helpful
Submit FeedbackFeedback

Suddenly before 1 day feel joint pain in body and through create itches and cough cold.

Physiotherapist, Noida
Sports Taping- stretch the tape from both ends and apply on the affected area Contrast Fomentation (Hot and Cold).
Submit FeedbackFeedback

Hello sir, my baby is 21 days old and I am not feeling well since mrng, feeling like shivering and complete body pain amd all body part, what should I do? I wore sweaters and warm cap. Pls reply me soon.

Certificate course in Pain Relief and Palliative care, MBBS
General Physician, Secunderabad
Hello Ms. Lybrate-user. Sounds like you are having a viral fever. Please take some steam inhalation and gargle with salt water. You can only take paracetamol. Do not take any other meds as they may be secreted in the breast milk. Please check for any other symptoms like sore breasts, burning in urine, etc. Consult a physician before taking antibiotics. Hope this helps.
2 people found this helpful
Submit FeedbackFeedback
View All Feed