Lybrate.com has an excellent community of General Physicians in India. You will find General Physicians with more than 43 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find General Physicians online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Diagnostic Cardiac Procedures
Treatment of Endoscopic Sinus Surgery
Treatment of Lumbar Radiculopathy
Oxygen Therapy Treatment
Hiv Prophylaxis Post Exposure
Restylane Vital Procedure
Treatment of Shin Splints
Treatment of Shin Splits
Management of Smoking Cessation
Treatment of Tetracycline Stains
Weight Management Treatment
Asthma Management Program
Skin Detoxification Treatment
Head And Neck Pain Treatment
Health Check Up
Health Screening For Men
I' m a diabetic woman. I gain diabetes during pregnancy. My fasting sugar does not controlled I eat glycomet 500 Sr twice a day. My random sugar is ok. What can I do to control my fasting sugar?
Is one's face bright ? When his digestive system is working properly. And shouldn't one's weight be reduced with anxiety ? Is it harmful for health?
Hello dear sir/mam. I want to ask about baby. Actually we got 18 months of our marriage life. But I am worried about my sex life, because we are looking for baby, but there is no any result. I don, t know what happen. We are doing sex in regular interval. Please suggest me how could I overcome that situation.
I am facing problem with erection for two months my all reports are normal except semen count which is coming low as 18 million. Doctor has advised for tablet Tazzle fm and riconia silver .I am tensed how to increase semen count and getting erection.
Hi finger in the right hand is swollen. Puss is forming in it. It's raining continuously. What. Should I do?
My Grand Mother died of Cardiac Arrest. Similarly My Father and his younger Brother (my Chacha) died of Cardiac arrest. It appears that we have a family history of Heart / Cardiac Problems. I am scared and quite concerned. Even though I am reasonably healthy (75 Kgs, 5'10" and quite an active life), I want to get completely.
She is under the course of chemotherapy and she doesn't like to eat anything. So can you please suggest some food items that will be healthy for her?
My father age is 65 years, suffering from loose motion, actually his teeth removed, on the same day problem happen, giving methi, dicikson wouldn't work, now went to clinic, I wanted to know which are the food to be eaten? Please suggest,
I am a 19 years old I sleep only 4-5 hours a day will it effect my health? Whta should I do to get more sleep?
I did not able to sleep from last 2 days, and having headache, tried many home remedies but did not work out, please tell me what to do, help me!
I am 27 year old I have been suffer from my stomach problem I had suffering from gas problem and lose motion when I drink tea in morning my whole day lost, I can, t work those day, my stomach got pain, what to do for this?
Urinary incontinence is a health condition in men, which causes loss of bladder control. Urinary incontinence usually occurs in cases of medical conditions such as an enlarged prostate, Parkinson's disease and diabetes, and may also occur after a prostate surgery. Urinary incontinence is an irritating and embarrassing condition, but with proper treatment, it can be cured.
Here are several methods used to treat urinary incontinence:
- Caffeine, soda and carbonated drinks cause irritation in the bladder and worsen the symptoms of urinary incontinence. Alcohol is a diuretic and increases the amount of urine too. So abstain from coffee, alcohol and soft drinks to make a difference.
- Dietary adjustments are required for the treatment of urinary incontinence. Several spicy and acidic food items can make urinary incontinence worse. Hence, you should avoid having such foods for some time.
- Urinary incontinence can lead to stress and you must get rid of it for better health. You can try relaxation techniques, such as meditation and breathing exercises. Biofeedback is another option by which you can observe your bladder muscle contractions on a monitor.
- You should try a behavioral technique known as bladder training. This would require you to urinate every half hour, in spite of not having the urge. Slowly try to increase the time in between the bathroom breaks.
- You need to flex your muscles to gain control over urinary incontinence. Kegel exercises can be practiced as these boost the strength of your pelvic muscles. You should find the right muscles that are required to stop the passing of gas.
- Pads and disposable undergarments can be used by men. These help in preventing leaks and also protect the skin from irritation and odor.
- There are several medicines, which help in the treatment of urinary incontinence in men. Some of these work to relax muscles for preventing unwanted bladder contractions, while others help in blocking the nerve signals to the bladder. Drugs used for the shrinking of an enlarged prostate may also be used in some cases.
Surgery is the ultimate option for the treatment of urinary incontinence. Options include a male sling for urinary incontinence. A type of material is wrapped around the urethra for compressing it. Leaks because of coughing, sneezing or laughing are prevented. Artificial sphincter implants may also be used for treatment of urinary incontinence. A cuff is used in order to close the urethra. Urine is released by squeezing the pump to open the cuff. A device similar to a pacemaker is used to stimulate nerves, which help in relaxing the bladder and pelvic floor.
Urinary incontinence is a condition which causes reduced self confidence in men. But there are several ways to treat this condition which include home remedies as well as medications and surgery.