Lybrate.com has an excellent community of General Physicians in India. You will find General Physicians with more than 41 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find General Physicians online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Diagnostic Cardiac Procedures
Treatment of Endoscopic Sinus Surgery
Treatment of Lumbar Radiculopathy
Oxygen Therapy Treatment
Hiv Prophylaxis Post Exposure
Restylane Vital Procedure
Treatment of Shin Splints
Treatment of Shin Splits
Management of Smoking Cessation
Treatment of Tetracycline Stains
Weight Management Treatment
Asthma Management Program
Skin Detoxification Treatment
Head And Neck Pain Treatment
Health Check Up
Health Screening For Men
Submit a review for Dr. Chockalingam RYour feedback matters!
Doctor's please suggest me I am unmarried, don't take masturbation and don't watch porn movies when my penis is ejaculation till long time then I feel pain in my penis and when after night fall penis is again ejaculate then also I fell pain in my penis and I am suffering from night fall problem from long time four times in a week without any bad dream.
I get neck and headache pain on side and base of neck, on one side at time due to gastric problems. Is there a way to reduce it.
I am 66 years old, if I do some physical exercise even walking I get pain in the rib bones on the back and also in the chest ribs. I take rest for 5 minutes I will be normal.
I am 29 years and had paralatic attack on 26 oct 14 due to blockage in my heart valves. My right hand and leg is not working properly. My two heart valves were replaced in the surgery on 31 march 15. I can walk slowly and can move my hand slowly. How much time it will take to recover?
Does masturbation done in teen age effects ejaculation time or premature ejaculation. I am 19. Doing masturbation from 3-4 years. Please tell me every fact about it. How much mastrbtn is healthy or is it necessary to do. Many times I am not able to control my self. please tell me the solution plzz.
Hi how are you all? I am getting fever oftenly. Please let me know what can you do? I am 24 years old. My native place is Hyd.
I am Adarsh of eighteen year old I have been suffered fever from the past eight days please kindly give me a solution.
Hi I am 25 year old, I am married, my sex life is good but I am felling like my pennies is Small (my pennies is 5 inch), I would like to have 7 to 8 inch pennies so what shall I do, please give me suggestions. I saw many adds but I didn't use because I am scare to use these kind add products kindly suggest please.
I am suffering from dry cough for the last weeks and I have chest pain can you suggest what should be done.
I am suffering cold for last 2months I had taken medicine but it is not curing, can I get a solution to this problem.
I am 58 years'my fasting blood sugar is 121mg.%, p. P. Is 130 mg%; hba1c is 6.6. Not taking antidiabetic drugs. Kindly advice me. Wt. Nearly 75 kg.
Vitamin D is a crucial vitamin that is soluble in fat. Vitamin D is essential for the growth of your bone and it ensures increased flow of calcium into your bloodstream by promoting the process of its absorption from the consumed food. Poor concentration of vitamin D may result in the development of rickets in children and osteoporosis in adults. Vitamin D is important in maintaining the immunity of your system; deficiency of vitamin D gives rise to a number of health problems including cardiac disorders, arthritis, hypertension, diabetes and even cancer.
Daily exposure to mild sunlight helps to synthesize Vitamin D in body. Dietary sources include milk, cod liver oils, fish, meat, fortified dairy and food products.
The most reliable way to diagnose the deficiency of vitamin D is through blood test; it is the most effective method of measuring the level of vitamin D in your blood. The following are some dominant symptoms of vitamin D deficiency:
- Influenza: According to studies, vitamin D acts a guard against the attack of a number of respiratory infections which are widespread in children. Hence, lack of vitamin D in children is responsible for the development of various respiratory tract infections and diseases.
- Depression and Schizophrenia: The root cause of depression and various other psychiatric disorders have been linked to deficiency in vitamin D. It is extremely important for expecting mothers to maintain a sufficient level of vitamin D in their body, during the gestation period to reduce the risk of delayed brain development and other mental ailments in the new born babies.
- Cardiovascular disease: Cardiovascular ailments are more prevalent among people, who tend to suffer from vitamin D deficiency. Patients who suffer from cardiac discomfort have responded well to vitamin D treatment.
- Asthma: Intake of vitamin D supplements reduces the severity and discomforts that are associated with asthma and have also shown considerable reduction in the occurrence of asthma attacks.
- Periodontal disorders: Lack of vitamin D may result in the formation of numerous harmful bacteria in your mouth and may give rise to several oral discomforts in form of painful gum inflammation, bleeding and loss of tooth. Vitamin D aids in the formation of cathelicidins and defensins, which are effective in maintaining the overall oral health.
- Cancer: Types of cancer including prostate cancer, breast cancer and colon cancer are linked with vitamin D deficiency. Supplements of vitamin D are helpful in controlling the growth and development of breast cancer, especially the estrogen sensitive breast cancer.