Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 37 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Endometrial Ablation Procedure
Treatment of Treatment of Breast Cancer
Management of Abortion
Hormonal Replacement Therapy Treatment
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment of Gynae Problems
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Menopause Related Issues
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Treatment of Mirena (Hormonal Iud)
Pap Smear Procedure
Polycystic Ovary Syndrome Treatment
Treatment of Uterine Bleeding
Antenatal And Postnatal Exercise
Submit a review for Dr. Chitra SundarajanYour feedback matters!
Hello Doctor! I have low Amh so My Ivf donor egg process has started. My lmp was on 25th May. I was taking pill Oral g from 29th May .I took it daily till 5th June .After that I fell I'll. I was detected with typhoid and high bp upto 190 I was admitted in hospital for 3 days since 5th June I missed my pill .From yesterday I am experiencing light bleeding Is it because of this missed pill. I am very weak also now Don't have much stamina to start Ivf soon. I want to be fine completely and then start the process. Will I get my period on 25th or will it be delayed. Can I have intercourse or will there be a problem .Kindly put forward your opinion What should I do now.
Hii. I am 21 years old actually I have a doubt my sis got a prblm every mnth she had a normal periods at the 1st week of every mnth but this mnth also she got a periods of this mnth of 1st week then again she getting periods of 19th date of this mnth, y she got two times periods of this mnth only, at the same time she is suffering with back pain also, will you please Suggest her.
I have just put a head of penis in vagina of my gf And sperm was not realised at all but she got a too much pain so that I withdrew my penis from her vagina immediately We are very much afraid about pregnancy Can she be pregnant? She had nit even lost her virginity And how can we confirm that she is not pregnant Pls ans me as soon as possible How can we know and if she will than what to do?
Hi, My last period was on 13 Feb 2017. Me and my bf was forplaying on 20 Feb 2017. He rubbed his bare penis on my vagina and also it was one inch inside my vagina, and he didn't ejaculated at all. But just for precautions, I have taken ipill in 40 hours. After one week of taking ipill, I got light bleeding for two days. Should I be afraid about pregnancy? And when can I expect my normal period. Ideally it should be 13 March 2017. But after withdrawal bleeding, I'm not sure when it ll come next. And should I go for a home pregnancy test. If yes, when? Thanks.
My wife is suffering from lymph node pain in her breasts from the middle of her period till her date. Her age is 35 years. She is presently using kumaryasavam, sukumaram kashayam, sathavari gulam. But still there is no much result. She is also suffering from irregular menstrual problems and harmonic imbalance. Please suggest.
I want to get pregnant. Q1. After having intercourse, lots of fluid oozes out Can that be the reason for not conceiving? Q2. Is it necessary for me to avoid'coming' to get pregnant?
I have depressed because of my failure n unsuccessful life in career. I studied well earlier but because of sickness I can not do study well or work. Earlier was not like that, unlikely now I don't get results according to my performance n I get frustrated. It was till 2012 when I was in 12th std. I'm ambitious n got sickness at initial stages of my life. What should I do.
My girlfriend she is suffering in a painful situation. Her breasts is giving pain when the breast touched. She is 19+
Hello doctor I am a Lybrate user. I want to ask something. During my periods there is very light bleeding on 1st 2nd and 3rd day and proper bleeding starts after 3rd day. Is it completely normal.
I had married 1year ago. We are trying to have a baby. But we're didn't. Our health condition is perfect as we think. Can we have your help please?
I had my periods few days back. They were irregular and happened for 2-3 days. Today, white liquid is coming out of my nipples and they are paining. Is it cancer?
Constant problems in women during intimate activity is enough to send you or your partner in agony. It is important to understand that it can be due to female sexual dysfunction. Female sexual dysfunction can happen at any stage of a woman's life and can be lifelong, but os usually acquired later in life. Also it can be due to some situations or all sexual situations.
Women with sexual dysfunction might show the following symptoms:
- Decreased sexual desire: A lack of interest and willingness to engage in sexual activity is the most common symptom of female sexual dysfunction.
- Sexual arousal disorder: The desire of involving in sexual activity might be present, but it is difficult to become aroused or unable to maintain the arousal during the act.
- Orgasmic disorder: One experiences repeated and constant difficulty in attaining orgasm despite of an orgasm and stimulation.
- Sexual pain disorder: Pain is experienced on vaginal contact or stimulation
Following can contribute to dysfunction:
- Medical conditions like kidney failure, heart diseases, cancer, and multiple sclerosis can lead to dysfunction. Some medicines like the antihistamines, antidepressants and blood pressure medicines can lead to a lowered sexual desire and an inability to experience orgasm.
- Hormonal changes during pregnancy, after a baby and menopause also affect the sexual activity. The estrogen levels fall postmenopausal and change the genital tissues along with the sexual responsiveness. It is believed that a decrease in estrogen levels leads to a decrease in the blood flow of the pelvic region, thus leading to more time for an orgasm.
- An anxiety or depression, which has not been treated can lead to sexual dysfunction. A history of sexual abuse or stress that has been present for a long time also leads to dysfunction.
- A conflict with the partner in the relationship or about sex can also decrease sexual responsiveness.
- Openly communicating with your partner about your likes and dislikes makes a great difference
- Regular exercising gives a boost to the stamina and elevates the mood thus increasing romantic feelings. Use of alcohol should be decreased
- Taking help from a therapist in case of problems with sex and relationships
- Use of device and lubricants can help in arousal
My wife having bp since two months, from past six months her mensus is not happening, her age is 47 years feeling uneasy.
Does home pregnancy tests are accurate at 9 weeks of intercourse. Does the kit get overloaded. I had used preganews. It shows negative.
Way does a Girl gets two time period in a month, please suggest me properly because I am suffer in this kind of situation.
Sir/mam I have done my medical abort on last December. Now we have planned for pregnancy. My last period date is 11.04.17 but for past 10 days I feel the symptoms of pregnancy like lower abdomen pain and tiredness and giddiness. So today i.e 05.05.17 we gone through pad test and it results negative. Is this right time to test kindly explain.
My wife is 23 years old. We have a 1 year old baby. Now we want gap for second child 2 years. We will take be-gap tablet. Is it right or not? please tell me. Thanks.
Uterine fibroids are benign growths, which originate in the walls of the uterus. They are also known as 'myomas' or 'fibromyomas' and their sizes tend to vary. You may not realize that you have a fibroid as they do not cause many problems.
The causes of uterine fibroids are:
- Hormones: Hormones that stimulate the uterine lining to prepare it for the menstrual cycle are known to aid in the development of uterine fibroids.
- Genetic changes: Genetic changes in the cells of the uterus may lead to this disorder.
Ayurveda is a natural method of treatment that focuses on using various herbal remedies to cure a disorder. The ayurvedic remedies for uterine fibroids aim to boost the immune system and balance the hormones in the body. This allows the ovaries to function properly and thus allows the uterus to remain healthy.
The various ayurvedic remedies for uterine fibroids are:
- Curcumin: This remedy helps the body get rid of the free radicals due to its high antioxidant content. It helps in reducing the inflammation in the uterus and thus treat uterine fibroids.
- Ashwagandha: Ashwagandha has medicinal properties that boost your overall wellbeing in addition to boosting your immune system. It is also known to improve the functioning of the brain and treat impotency.
- Diet: The diet should consist mostly of fiber and whole grains. Alcohol and saturated fats should be limited. You should eat foods, which are pungent, bitter and astringent so that the metabolism is smooth; this prevents formation of uterine fibroids.
- Lifestyle changes: You should restrict smoking and alcohol consumption as they tend to aggravate free radical damage in the body. You should also follow a regimen that incorporates regular exercise and a balanced diet. This will enhance your wellbeing and allow you to remain healthy.
- Panchakarma: Panchakarma is an Ayurvedic remedy that helps in correcting hormonal imbalances in the body. Correction of hormonal imbalances helps in preventing uterine fibroids.