Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 35 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Chitra SundarajanYour feedback matters!
I am 22 years old and I am suffering with pcos and now I am using dronis 30 and I did sex on 8th day of my period is there chance to get pregnant?
In 6 months pregnancy; I have vaginal infection 2 to 3%. I consult a doctor n she said drink a lot of water. I do it. But after sometime its happens again to me. Many time I have hard stomach. Sometimes its normal. What to do?
Respected doctor ,I had given birth to baby girl two months before. God taken her in the cause of meconium aspiration. Is 6 months enough to conceive for next?
I am 30 years old and using OPK to conceive. We have sex 4 days continuously after getting a positive. How many months should I try before consulting doctor in case if I do not conceive?
How to keep the kidneys healthy?
1. Prevent or control hypertension, hypercholesterolemia and diabetes.
2. Exercise regularly; at least 30 min per day.
3. Take adequate natural vitamins and minerals in the form of fresh fruits and vegetables (except moderation in leafy vegetables, beans and tomato)
4. Reduce salt intake (<4 g /day).
5. Reduce animal protein (chicken, mutton, fish, milk etc) intake.
How to keep your urine healthy?
1. Drink 3 to 4 litre of fluids/day to keep urine output > 2 to 2.5 litre/day.
Make sure that your urine is not yellowish.
2. Increase good minerals like citrate, potassium and magnesium in urine. All these are abundant in fruits, especially citrus fruits like lemon and orange.
3. Decrease bad minerals like calcium, oxalate, uric acid and sodium in urine.
4. Do not reduce calcium intake too much.
Calcium is required for bones, teeth, muscles etc. Moreover, too much reduction in calcium increases oxalate in urine leading to stones. 2 small glasses of milk per day is acceptable.
5. Non-vegetarian diet increases uric acid production. Reduce them.
6. Tea, coffee, tomato, greens, chocolate and beans are rich in oxalate. Moderation is required.
With all these dietary modifications your kidneys may still be excreting large amounts of bad minerals and less of good minerals due to genetic predisposition. These can be checked in 24 hour urine tests. If so, you may need some special medications to prevent stones. Your endourologist will help you customize your dietary pattern and medications to dissolve and prevent further stones.
Healthy life, healthy kidneys, no more stones!
How do I know whether my spouse is pregnant or not? Today is her 28 the day and it's her menstrual date. How to know naturally whether c is pregnant or not. And if need check up will check at home. But when to checkup to get accurate results.
After a normal delivery whether the vegina will be same as like before delivery. Please solve my doubt.
As per USG report my son has incomplete inagual hernia in his right testis my son age is 5. 7 years What to do.
I am 40 years old woman. I have 9 year old baby. Now I want second baby can I get pregnant in this age.
I and my gf had unprotected sex on 4th day of her period (28 day cycle), I made her to eat papaya alot and she had flight journey there after and after 12 days she had spotting, we had sex on that day after some time she bleed heavily, and know when her period is due 1 day I made ger to go through pregnancy test it came out negative, and she must get her period on april 18th, today is april 19th she did not get her period, is there any chances of her getting pregnant? She bleed mid cycle so she might not get her periods in time which one is true? Please give me answer in detail? Thank you!
It is the plant which belongs to nightshade family and is mostly found in North and South America. The dried leaves of this plant are smoked in cigars, pipes and in cigarettes. The leaves are also chewed by many people across the world or inhaled through the nose. It contains a special type of addictive chemical known by the name of Nicotine. Because of this chemical, most of the people find it difficult to leave this product. This plant due to the chemical Nicotine is not good for the health and consumers face many ill effects after consuming this product.
Tobacco is not good for the body as the leaves affect many body organs namely
- It makes your skin dry and yellow
- It causes wrinkles on your face
- Shows dullness on your skin at a very young age
- Bones and muscles
- Flow of blood and oxygen is slow in the body
- You feel tired and lazy all the time
- It will not help in the development of muscles
- Makes you inactive and you will avoid doing work.
- It increases the blood pressure and heart rate which are further responsible for causing heart attacks or other heart problems
- The heart has to work harder in such cases where people are going for workouts or exercises.
These are not the only bad effects of consuming tobacco. There are many more to it.
All the above points describe the bad effects of consuming tobacco on a person’s health. In case you are not able to leave the habit of consuming tobacco, you must consult a medical practitioner immediately. Your health should always be your first preference in life. Live a healthy life for your own sake.
Hello Dr. sir my wife is 30 weeks pregnet and his blood is b negative nd me is a postive my I have alrdy done ict blood test in13 weeks preg report is nagtive is any complications in next weeks. Please advice
My girl friend should get periods after 13th march but she didn't get. We had unprotected sex many times after 1st march 2016. Today is April 1st and still she doesn't have her periods. I insisted her to eat papaya bcos I heard that I can terminate pregnancy.
There are a number of reasons that can cause pain during intercourse. Physical intimacy is one such thing that requires your physical and mental stimulation in order to create a satisfactory environment and peak appropriately.
From sexual interest to stimulation, excitement and even sexual peak - there are four distinct stages in the act of sex and sexual intercourse that inevitably follows, until orgasm. So, it is important to be in the right frame emotionally and physically in order for the four phases to progress properly towards sexual climax. Yet, there are a number of reasons that can cause a decline in sexual interest and drive, as well as a less than satisfactory sex life. One of the reasons includes pain that many people, especially women, experience during the act of sex. This is called Intercourse pain or even Dyspareunia. Following are the reasons behind this pain-
- Cervical Problems: Many times, problems with the cervix can lead to dryness which can cause pain during intercourse. This may occur due to infections and other such conditions which cause pain during deep penetration.
- Uterus Related Problems: There may be problems with the uterus including fibroids and other such growths in the lining which can lead to pain during intercourse. Also, the presence of Endometriosis can also cause pain during such activities. In this condition, the tissue lining usually ends up growing outside the uterus which can cause severe pain and other related symptoms.
- Pelvic Inflammatory Disease: This condition is also known as PID. In such cases, the tissue within the pelvic region can get infected to a great extent which causes a variety of painful symptoms and growths including pain during intercourse.
- Ectopic Pregnancy: When the fertilised egg develops outside the uterus, it is known as an ectopic pregnancy. In such cases, there may be pain in the region during sexual stimulation and activity.
- Vaginal Infections: Pain during sexual intercourse may also be experienced due to vaginal infections and other yeast infections as well as a condition known as Vaginismus which can lead to involuntary twitches and spasms that can arise because of fear of getting hurt.
- Lack of Lubrication: Excessive dryness and lack of lubrication, especially during stimulation can lead to pain during intercourse as well, as the opening does not expand or accommodate the male member properly. In such cases, one can use a lubricant.
- Stress: Many times, a stressful situation can keep one from enjoying stimulation which creates dryness and pain during intercourse.
Ensure that you see a doctor in case your problem is more than mere occasional pain, as it could also be a side effect of a more serious ailment.