Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 34 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Endometrial Ablation Procedure
Treatment of Treatment of Breast Cancer
Management of Abortion
Hormonal Replacement Therapy Treatment
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment of Gynae Problems
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Menopause Related Issues
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Treatment of Mirena (Hormonal Iud)
Pap Smear Procedure
Polycystic Ovary Syndrome Treatment
Treatment of Uterine Bleeding
Antenatal And Postnatal Exercise
Pregnancy is a beautiful period in every woman's life. Lots of physical, mental and emotional changes occur during pregnancy and the best way to cope up with them is exercise, also known as pregnancy yoga or antenatal exercise. Working out when you are expecting is great for you and your baby.
Benefits for mother and baby of Pregnancy Yoga:
- Increased sense of well being,
- Improves body muscle tone and relieves tension
- Ensures healthy weight gain,
- Cardiovascular and respiratory fitness
- Maintain a stable body position
- Decrease in pregnancy related muscle problems, joint pains, constipation, abdominal bloating,
- Reduces fatigue and helps manage stress
- Increases endurance and strengthening muscles
- Help relieve back pressure
- Improve posture and balance
- Improve circulation and lowers blood pressure
- Helps prepare for the strain of labor
- Increased chances of natural labor and childbirth
- Improves self-image
- Regains figure faster
- Prepare for immediate postnatal period
- Stretches for lower back
- Upper back stretch
- Pelvic Tilts
Guidelines for exercise:
- Exercise at least three times per week
- Avoid exercise in supine position after first trimester and prolonged motionless standing
- Modify exercises according to maternal symptoms and fatigue levels
- Avoid exercises that could cause loss of balance or falling (ballistic exercises)
- Have adequate diet
- Hydration before, during and after exercise
Things to know while doing exercise or pregnancy yoga:
- Consult your doctor first
- Start after 12-14 weeks
- Wear loose, comfortable clothes
- Keep at least 3-4 hrs gap between meal and exercise
- Early morning is the best time
- Avoid becoming too hot or overheated
- Be gentle- avoid stretching or straining muscles/joints.
- Medical problem- consult doctor- do under strict supervision
- Listen to your body
- Never exercise till exhaustion or breathlessness
- Heart rate should not > 140/min
- Take frequent breaks during exercise
- Keep yourself hydrated
- Eat healthy diet- plenty of fruits, vegetables
Discontinue exercise if:
- Light headiness
- Excessive dryness of mouth
- Abdominal cramps
- Severe pain/ uneasiness
- History of vaginal bleeding
Her period always delay (7 to 10 days) last 4 year. Recently she married me. The past month she is delay above one month from the actually date. The running month she is already be delay 12 days. Now she take a tonic evecare. What I do get me an idea.
Hey, can anyone please suggest me if I had a sex after 4 day of periods can I get pregnant? 27 nov my periods was over and I had sex on 2 dec can I become pregnant.
I'm taking fertility treatment from this cycle. Doc gave 2shots of fsh 150. My egg grew well and I was given trigger injection for ovulation. She said to have intercourse each other day from the next day for 3 days. Me and my husband had sex on the 1st day but didn't continue for the other days. What are the chances of getting pregnant.
I am 33 years old female I have thyroid and I am taking thyronorm 100 mcg. 3 years back I gave birth to my son and a milk gland was formed in my breast and puss was formed. Along with other medications I was given Lizoforce 600. Which was quite effective and I was ok only the lump was there which the doctor said will go off gradually. But now after 3 years I could feel pinching sensation in the same breast while I press. I am very tensed what to do please guide and my periods are happening every 20 days since 5 months. Big time hairfall too.
I am a 32 year old mother. I have a daughter 8 month old. I was not having enough milk to feed my baby therefore in the beginning alternately started formula milk and from 5th month mid also started alternative food such as dal & rice water, fruit juice boiled and strained and feed through bottle. Know she is also on semi fluid food. I was also breast feeding upto 6 months. But then since i started working she is like almost 8-10 hour on the above food. I want to breast feed her,but she does not take it more than 5-7 mintues. Since the flow is comparatively very low as in before. How do I Improvise flow, may please guide.
Marma Chikitsa is a significant aspect of the Ayurvedic treatment. Marmas are specific points on the body where the application of pressure induces the flow of vital energy (prana) along a complex system of subtle channels called (nadis). Healing through marma chikitsa affects the energy flow through the energy meridians or Nadi. These in turn govern the functional and health aspect of every metabolic system in the body. Marma chikitsa pays more attention to the functional aspect, the metabolism rather than organ specific. Ayurveda deeply believes and caters to the holistic health and not disease management, in the treatment of patients.
Unlike acupressure (as is being practiced today), Marma chikitsa does not concentrate on 'organs'. It stimulates the designated metabolic function, mind control, hormonal support and strength points/marma that influences health of the person. Because of its 'spiritual' component it differs from other 'hands on' therapies. Marma can actually alter consciousness, and change one’s awareness. From that place a person can move forward with self care, creativity, and renewed energy
Marma zones of the body
- It takes training, practice and powerful intuition on part of the therapist and doctor to consider the ideal combination of 'marma' for effective treatment.
- Modern medicine looks at heart disease from the focus of heart functions, anatomical structure of the heart.
- Marma Chikitsa (as a part of Ayurveda) looks at the Mind-Body association of the functioning of the heart. Heart functioning depends on Nutrition, mind set, liver strength, natural detoxification, improving blood quality, lifestyle and even the past of the patient to bring about effective treatment. This wholistic attitude, where all aspects of the person are considered is a more complete treatment methodology with lasting results.
We at Health Solutions practice this philosophy and have been able to influence the patient progress where in s/he has made leaps of positive progress in their bodily functions, stamina, performance, peace of mind, over and above the improved functioning of the heart or other specific organs. Patients and others who care for their health can call us with as much information as they can provide on their current health status, what treatment they are currently taking and its impact; their lifestyle (food, temperament, daily schedules) family history.
A detailed treatment schedule is customized for them. Treatment sessions are designed to be most comfortable for the patient. Most of the times, the treatment sessions are repeated every month for as long as the doctor understands necessary for long lasting results.
Mostly, it is FDA approved, clinically proved Ayurvedic medicine based ( Suved and Reimmugen), non-invasive, supported with dietary guidelines, lifestyle changes, nutritional support and targets at building the immunity of the person to lead healthier lives. Marma Chikitsa holistic treatment science and it is going to be the choice of treatment in modern days.