Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 35 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Chitra ShankarYour feedback matters!
My periods got over four days back, but suddenly it started again today afternoon. What could be the reason & do I need to take any medicine for the same.
What are the cost for abortion? Is it mandatory that I require someone to be present? Can I do it alone? I'm 20 years old by now. And I want this to do alone? Please help.
Hi you told me I may not pregnant but what could be the reason behind it because Dr. told us intercourse time and then she did scan. Then she told egg ruptured it is showing yellow in color. Then what could be reason? Why am not pregnant? Why my ruptured egg didn't passed the fulope tube? Please help me out.
During sex why condom leaked. I use doted condom but they got leaked. 3 time. Lubricated condom not leaked. Which condom is best and if doted is best then why they leaked ?
Infertility in a woman refers to the inability to conceive after having regular unprotected sex. Cases of unexplained infertility have been on the rise recently. Though obstructed fallopian tubes and ovulation disorders are some of the common causes of infertility, reasons pertaining to dietary changes can also be responsible. Food allergies and dietary changes affect infertility to a great extent; and if you're struggling with conception or infertility, reviewing your diet can help.
Gluten is a basic food constituent that is likely to cause infertility. Gluten is a protein found in grains like wheat, rye, and barley. Among the general population, women suffering from unexplained infertility have a higher incidence of gluten intolerance. Gluten intolerance is also related to miscarriages, and if left undiagnosed can lead to malabsorption of micronutrients like iron and zinc. Following and maintaining a gluten-free diet may relieve a sufferer from the symptoms. Try and include gluten free cereals like rice, corn and gluten free oats to manage the situation.
Inflammation - Another connection of food allergies and infertility would be inflammation. Inflammation occurs when the food allergens reach the stomach. This inflammation, if heightened, can cause damage to the fallopian tubes and the ovary. The body responds to the food allergens by treating it like a foreign substance that needs to be eradicated, and when your immune system is subjected to chronic inflammation, it can lead to infertility.
Additionally, apart from food allergies, even the consumption of certain foods and beverages can be a reason behind infertility, with those being rich in caffeine being a major cause. Increased consumption of caffeine can augment the risk of infertility and delayed conception. However, avoiding caffeine and eliminating problematic foods along with a careful scrutiny of your diet can increase your chances of getting pregnant.
I am 29 years old. Not pregnant. I am going for pilgrim on 5th sept and will return on 21 sept. Last month my mc date was 12 august. And my gynec gave me delivery 10 mg course for 5 days (twice a day) to prepare my periods. From 19 aug to 23 aug and told me that my periods will start in 5 to 7 days after stopping the tablets. But now its 10th day I did not got my periods yet. So she suggest me to take primolut N 5 mg twice a day from 3rd sep till I return. Is this a proper diagnosis and is it safe to take primolut N tab. After taking delivery tab. Need suggestion please.
My question is this, mene 1 week pehle sex kiya tha usko period nai aa raha tha 5 din late ho gya tha jab maine sex kara tha to aaj 5 din aur ho gaya hai to kya karu mai ye batiye use dawa du ki wait karu jab ki mera lequid nai gira tha uske vaigina mai.
My periods are late by 1 month. From past 2 months I have heavy stress and travelling a lot. Is it normal.
- Bleeding from Vagina: An abnormal form of bleeding from vagina is medically defined as “AUB / DUB (Abnormal / Dysfunctional Uterine bleeding)”. The bleeding problem which is not responding to medicinal treatment can be dealt with Laparoscopy. Abnormal / Dysfunctional Uterine bleeding is due to abnormality in endometrium of uterus which usually responds to medicinal treatment. In cases where medicine is not able to control the symptoms, uterus, along with both fallopian tubes +/- ovaries, can be removed laparoscopically. In another treatment modality, the endometrium (inside lining of uterine cavity) can be ablated to reduce the troublesome bleeding. Latter procedure is done hysteroscopically.
- Fibroid Uterus: Fibroids are commonly found in uterus. Most of the time they are diagnosed on ultrasound. Fibroids can cause problem in the form of abnormal bleeding (heavy menstrual flow, irregular menstrual bleeding pattern), painful periods (dysmenorrhea), recurrent miscarriage / abortion, infertility etc. Uterine fibroids usually need surgical removal and can be removed laparoscopically as well as hysteroscopically. Any size of the fibroid can be removed with laparoscopic approach.
- Ovarian Cysts: Ovarian cysts are also common finding on ultrasound. Ovarian cysts which persist for longer times, suspicious of cancer, symptomatic (e.g pain abdomen) can be removed laparoscopically.
- Endometriosis: Endometriosis can present as ovarian endometrioma (Ovarian cyst or chocolate cyst), endometriosis implants in pelvis, Adhesions in pelvis (involving uterus, fallopian tubes, ovaries, intestinal loops, rectum etc) or as cause of infertility. All these entities can be treated laparoscopically.
- Uterus Prolapse / Vault Prolapse / Pelvic Organ Prolapse: Uterus prolapse into vagina, vaginal vault prolapsing into vagina after hysterectomy can be treated with laparoscopic surgery.
- Uterine cancer, Uterine cervix cancer: Cancers of uterus, uterine cervix, ovarian cancers after chemotherapy can be treated with laparoscopic surgery in which tumorous tissue can be removed with more precision.
- Ectopic pregnancy: Extra uterine pregnancy e.g. pregnancy in fallopian tube (tubal pregnancy), pregnancy in ovaries (ovarian pregnancy), pregnancy in cervix (cervical pregnancy) can be treated with laparoscopic approach, as per the indications.
- Ovarian Torsion: Due to numerous factors, ovarian tissue twists around its own axis which leads to compromise in its blood supply ultimately leading to infarction of ovarian tissue. Laparoscopically ovaries can be untwisted and fixed to prevent further twisting.
- Recurrent Miscarriage with incompetent cervix: With the incompetent cervix, there are chances of recurrent miscarriage. Few cases of incompetent cervix need cerclage from abdomen which can be performed through laparoscopic approach.
- Blocked fallopian tubes: Fallopian tubes might get blocked due to infections, adhesion or pressure from mass. In few cases, there is requirement of tubal reconstruction in cases of tubal sterilization. All these fallopian tube blocks can be opened with laparoscopic surgery and hysteroscopically.
From 2 months I am not getting period and now I had a pregnancy test at home its negative then too I can be pregnant?
A broken nose, often referred to as a fractured nose or a nasal fracture, it is a crack or break in the bones of your nose. The bone that is more prone to getting fractured is the one over the bridge of the nose.
There can be a lot of reasons for a broken nose. Common causes include falling down on your face or the nose being hit by a blunt object. Your nose may look twisted and you might have trouble breathing. A nasal fracture can cause pain in the nose and is usually accompanied by bruising and inflammation around the nose.
Any activity that tends to increase the possibility of facial injuries can also increase the possibility of a nasal fracture. The common risk factors include playing contact sports like soccer or rugby without proper face protection. Riding a two wheeler without a helmet or not using seat belt in a four wheeler can cause a nasal fracture if the vehicle meets with an accident. Physical fights can also result in a broken nose.
Symptoms and complications:
The common symptoms of a nasal fracture are:
- Pain in the nasal region. You may feel pain just by touching your nose.
- Swelling around the nasal region can also be observed.
- Your nose and the region below the eyes may be bruised.
- Sometimes you may experience breathing problems as well, since your nasal passage can be blocked due to a nasal fracture.
- Loss of shape of your nose along with bleeding and discharge of mucus from it are common signs of a nasal fracture.
There can be a lot of complications that can occur due to a broken nose. The complications may vary according to the nature of injury.
The common complications are:
- Clotting and collection of blood. Due to a heavy injury to your nose, the blood tends to clot in large quantities and sometimes can cause blockages in the nostrils. This condition is specifically referred to as septal hematoma and needs a quick surgical procedure to prevent any sort of breathing problems.
- Another complication that can result due to a nasal fractures nasal cartilage fracture or a deviation in the septum.
- Sometimes the impact of the blow, which has caused a fracture in the nose can also result in a neck injury.
Hi Doc, I am male 26 years old, I am married since 1 years and now we are planning for a baby, could you pls tell me rit tym to mate, as while mating when I put my semen inside and take out then after few seconds semen also comes out. Pls help me out to get through this.
Hi, My wife is pregnant (35 Weeks) and in urine test Bacteria is shown positive. Can you please let us know "it is dangerous to our baby?
Unless you’re planning to have a baby, it is best to employ some form of birth control to have a satisfying and pleasurable sexual relationship. Having an intercourse right after the menstrual cycle is least likely to result in pregnancy, but there is quite a possibility that an accident may happen. The withdrawal method is highly undependable and should be avoided as far as possible. Birth control is available in a number of forms. Condoms, birth control pills, IUDs and birth control shots are the most common methods of birth control. Here are five things you should know about birth control.
- Birth control prices vary: Birth control is available in a number of price ranges to suit varying budgets. Condoms are the most budget friendly while IUDs are amongst the most expensive. However, IUDS are effective over a long spell of time while condoms must be used only once. In some cases, your insurance may help pay for birth control. Hence do your research properly before deciding on the type of birth control you would like to use.
- Not all birth control protects against STDs: The only type of birth control that can protect against both pregnancy and STDs are condoms. All the other forms of birth control do not protect against the transference of STDs. Spermicides and diaphragms can lower the risk of catching an STD, but do not give full proof protection..
- Not just one person needs to be completely responsible for birth control: If you are in a committed relationship, both people have to take full responsibility of birth control. Birth control devices are available for both men and women and hence this is a responsibility that needs to be shared equally. However, if you are not in a committed relationship and have more than one sexual partner, it is best to take responsibility of birth control in your own hands.
- There are side effects to most forms of birth control: Any form of birth control that involves hormones will have side effects. Some of the common side effects triggered by birth control are nausea, weight gain or weight loss, mood swings, sore or swollen breasts and lighter or heavier blood flow during menstruation.
- No form of birth control is 100% effective: Lastly, you should know that apart from abstaining from sex, no form of birth control is 100% effective. At the same time, you should also know that missing a period is not always a sign of being pregnant as there are various reasons that affect your menstrual cycle. Therefore, it is best to undergo a pregnancy test in case you missed your periods.