Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 34 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Chitra ShankarYour feedback matters!
My mother is 65 years old. She has pain under arms near breast right side for 3_4 days. Please suggest medicine or any oil to ger quick relief.
I have done BHCG test the result came 1.77 mIu/ml. And it was also noted that sample highly lipemic what does it mean? Will it affects my HCG result?
Hello, I'm 25yrs old female, baring 185lbs and my height is 5Feet 6inches. I was stable by this weight three yrs from now. I was stable by weight around 78,five yrs from now.I never understand why can't I reduce my weight.I wanted to look normal as all people do.I have got great temptation for food. I feel I do have binge eating disorder. I think a lot and when I can't react, I EAT.Help me.
Hello sir/madam I am 25years old I had a doubt! One week ago I had protected sex, after attaining orgasm I removed my male part from her female part, but mine is not attached with condom. Even though the entire semen is stagnant in condom I still afraid is there any chance of getting pregnant? Because while removing condom from her part I see the outside layer with white greasy substance in outside of condom. Was that my semen or condom lubricant? Or any other? I'm afraid because this was my first experience for both of us. Please help me to resolve this issue. Thank you.
I masturbated on the 22nd October around 4 in the afternoon. The next day I met my girlfriend. We did not have send properly. Just rubbing outside the vagina about 4-5 times. I urinated more the 5 times from the 22nd to 23rd before being with my girlfriend. I tried to penetrated once but I only went about 1 cm. Can she get pregnant from pre cum. Because I did not ejaculate anywhere near her vagina or even inside because it was not sex just my penis rubbing on the outside parts of the vagina. Please help.
I am 38years old female. My weight is71kg, height 5.7, and I usually suffer with improper digestion. I am suffering with severe periods with very huge bleeding and pain in abdomen. It is very painful like a labour pain. I have consult with many doctors, i am suffering this since past 8years and now i am lost my hope for this disease. Please I need a cure for this.
Hi, I am a 27 year old woman. I am suffering from hypothyroidism and taking regular medications for it. I am not married yet, and due to family issues I would not be marrying before two years. Which means I would be around 29 when I get married. I am not interested in having kids for at least 2 years post marriage, so by the time I want one I would turn 31. Everybody keeps telling me that if you are hypothyroid you will have a hell lot of complication if you conceive after 30. I do not want to have kids just because of society's pressure. I want kids when I am mentally prepared to take care of them. Hence please let me know is it really going to be risky for me to have kids after 30, will it lead to any complication?
Hi doctors, my friends have one question for u, he is married and his problem is he had unprotected sex with her wife after 5 days of her period, and ejaculated inside, and he do not want be father right now because of some reasons, what he should do to avoid his wifes pregnancy, he should give some tablets to avoid, If not then there are any natural tips that can be done by natural source in home? Help out from this please suggest him.
My fiance done pregnancy test at home she found that Control line is very dark pink while Test line shows shadow what does it mean. And from last month she was suffering from typhoid and now she recovered her typhoid but from last 2 months she is not having periods. Can you please anyone suggest me what to do right now.
I'm 7 week and 4 days pregnant. I want to know is there any type of sonography known as mag 2 or mag 3 for checking whether child is healthy.
यौन क्षमता का बेहतर होना दाम्पत्य जीवन का न सिर्फ पूर्ण करता है, बल्कि प्रेम की भावना को और भी मजबूत करता है। इसे बेहतर करने के लिये सही खानपान व नियमित व्यायाम बेहद जरूरी होता है। लेकिन इसके अलावा भी प्रकृति में भी ऐसी कई चीजें हैं जिनके सेवन ये यौन क्षमता को बढ़ाया जा सकता है। कमाल की बात तो यह कि ये गुणकारी चीजें आराम से मिल सकती हैं और इनका प्रयोग भी आसान होता है। इसमें से एक चीज़ है, इलाइची! चलिये जानें इलाइची कैसे यौन क्षमता बढ़ाने में मददगार होती है। -
कैसे करती है ये फायदा
- भारतीय मसाले में कीमती और मसालों की महारानी कही जाने वली इलायची के इस्तेमाल से कामेच्छा को बढ़ाया जा सकता है। इलायची का सेवन आमतौर पर सांस और मुंह को साफ रखने के लिए अथवा मसाले के रूप में किया जाता है। यह दो प्रकार की होती है, हरी या छोटी इलायची व बड़ी इलायची।
- इलायची को वाजीकरण नुस्खे के तौर पर भी इस्तेमाल किया जाता है। इलायची एक ऐसे टॉनिक के रूप में भी काम करती है जिससे कामोत्तेजना में वृद्धी होती है। यह शरीर को ताकत प्रदान करने के साथ-साथ असमय स्खलन व नपुंसकता की समस्या से भी मुक्त कराने में सहायक होती है। इसका सेवन करने के लिये दूध में इलायची डालकर उबालें। ठीक से उबल जाने के बाद इसमे थोड़ा शहद मिलाएं और नियमित रूप से रात को सोते समय इसका सेवन करें। इसके नियमित सेवन से यौन क्षमता में इज़ाफा होता है और दामपत्य जीवन सुखमय बनता है।
- इसका अलावा मुंह में छाले की समस्या को दूर करने के लिये बड़ी इलायची को महीन पीसकर उसमें पिसी हुई मिश्री मिलाकर जीभ पर रखने से छाले दूर होते हैं। लेकिन रात के समय इलायची न खायें, इससे खट्टी उकारें आने की शिकायद हो सकती है। साथ ही महिलाओं को इसका अधिक सेवन नहीं करना चाहिये, क्योंकि इसके अधिक सेवन से महिलाओं में गर्भपात होने की भी संभावना होती है।
Me and my girlfriend are HIV negative, then What are the possibilities to have AIDS, HIV and other complications, when having intercourse with my girlfriend?
Hi, I am 24 years old married women I got my periods 10 days before but in small quantity and now I got periods but it seems to be different brownish jelly type that too in very small quantity and I feel that heart beat inside my stomach is there any chance of pregnancy please tell.
M 18 years and M suffering from polycystic ovaries, I want a diet what to eat and what not to as m a vegetarian. Please give me a diet plan and can I have black coffee or not?
The brain is not a stagnant realm fed with a granted quota of intelligence and memory at birth. It is always in a state of flux. Exercising your brain in various ways accelerates its ability to perform better. It is in your hands to have a sharper take on situations and occurrences. Playing games that require brainstorming, solving quizzes, crosswords or playing chess makes you feel rejuvenated and tired at the same time; the reason being activated brain cells. A healthy brain will affect your life decisions positively and you probably will think rightly before you leap.
Tips to exercise those brain cells:
1. Meditate and calm your mind: Ten minutes of meditation each day can help you get over anxiety. When your mind is at peace you think out pros and cons with enhanced insight. This composure reflects in each of your actions. Meditation demands your brain to be quiet when it is accustomed to work; you therefore have greater control over it.
2. Music can improve your brain abilities: Music is the best antidote for a sloppy brain. Music excites the neurons healing a bruised memory. It gifts you with clarity of thought. Apart from listening to music one must try to play a musical instrument. Teaching yourself things puts your mind through a strict regimen of constructive activities.
3. Take out time to learn a new language: We are paralyzed the minute our brain gives up. Due to several external and internal reasons each one of us is likely to suffer from cognitive disorders on being subjected to extreme pressure or shock. Trying to learn a new language motivate your brain cells to have a wider vocabulary, which further restricts your chances of brain damage.
4. Mental mathematics could better your intelligence: Calculators, computers and phones are ridding us of our ability to compute individual data. Computation and consolidation of data helps your mind to work faster with precision. So, you now know those lessons on mental mathematics in childhood were actually the key to a well-rounded brain.
5. Think of something novel: The more the number of neurons the merrier is your brain. Take pains to direct your mind on a novel track. Thinking beyond what is given and expected helps your brain grow new neurons. It builds up your creativity letting you discover more of your capabilities. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a psychiatrist.
The main symptoms of bronchitis include excessive coughing, difficulty breathing and a sore, inflamed throat. Bay leaves are incredibly effective remedies for bronchitis because they are rich in quercetin, a powerful antioxidant that can prevent the release of inflammatory chemicals in the body. By reducing swelling, bay leaves can clear up congestion and make it easier to breathe. This will lessen the urge to cough, thus speeding the healing process and allowing you to get back to normal faster. You can chew on bay leaves or use them in your cooking of stews or curries to benefit from these effects.
1. Soybeans can help individuals control weight.
Soybeans have been known to suppress the appetite, helping people eliminate the chances of overeating that leads to obesity and other health related risks. Also, soybeans provide considerable amounts of protein, which can lead to weight gain when taken in large quantities. The weight obtained from soybeans could protect the individual from chronic diseases, such as type 2 diabetes and cardiovascular diseases.
2. Soybeans can contribute to improving your sleep.
Soybeans have a high content of magnesium, which is a mineral that is directly linked to improving the quality, duration, and tranquillity of sleep. Soybeans also help regulate the metabolism, to help reduce sleep disorders and the occurrence of insomnia.
3. Soybeans may help prevent and manage type 2 diabetes.
Soybeans have the ability to increase insulin receptors in the body. This helps the body to handle the disease effectively or prevents diabetes from forming at all.
4. Soybeans can contribute to improving circulation and oxygenation.
Soybeans are rich in copper and iron. Both are essential for the red blood cell formation. Increased red blood cell production increases oxygen to the cells and improves the metabolic activity. This prevents conditions like anemia.
5. Soybeans may help to improve your digestive health.
6. Soybeans can help decrease the risk of congenital disabilities.
Soybeans are rich in the B-vitamin complex, particularly in folic acid. Folic acid helps the body to make healthy red blood cells and prevents anemia. It is also important for maintaining rapid cell division and growth during infancy and pregnancy. A deficiency of folic acid in pregnant women can lead to the birth of underweight infants and may also result in neural tube defects in newborns.
7. Soybeans have a significant vitamin and mineral density.
Soybeans are an excellent source of calcium, magnesium, copper, selenium, and zinc. These have a role in preventing osteoporosis and help speed the bone healing process.