Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 31 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. ChitraYour feedback matters!
Actually my wife's periods date is approximately on 20's and her exam is also on that date. And problem is that she experiences extremely pain during her periods. Please suggest any solution so she can feel relax in her periods and take exam efficiently.
I am 24 years old married woman, married since 2 months. I went through a lot of ultrasounds last month. And finally being diagnosed with hemorrhagic cysts and pcod. I have been asked to take NOVELON tablet for 2 months. My main concern is pregnancy. I want to conceive. Will I be able to conceive once I am off this tablet. Will this cause any weight gain.
The sexual health of a human being depends on various factors. These may include the physiological make up of the individual as well as the emotional well being and finally also, the physical health of the person. Ailments, illnesses and diseases can have a huge bearing on the sexual health of an individual, and a cancer patient is no different. Cancer can have a profound effect on one's sexual health:
- Sexual Dysfunction: There are various kinds of cancer and cancer treatments that can suck the energy out of the patient. This also affects the sexual drive and health of the patient. Sexual dysfunction is a common by product of many such treatments, with at least 50% women patients suffering from the same, after breast and cervical cancer.
- Surgery: This is a factor that has a high relation with the sex drive of the patient. Any surgery that is related to cancer usually takes a toll on the body, and leads to a diminishing interest in various areas like food, and sex.
- Tumour: The size and location of the tumour has a major effect on the way a person behaves sexually after treatment and surgery. The tumour decides the severity and aftermath of the treatment and surgery, as well as the amount of tissue that is eventually removed. This can affect the performance and interest of a person in terms of sex.
- Chemotherapy: This kind of therapy and treatment as well as a lot of radiation can lead to side effects like nausea, vomiting, loose motions, dizzy spells, weight loss or gain, and even loss of hair. All these factors greatly affect the person's self image and self esteem which in turn have a bearing on how the person reacts sexually. Most men and women do not have the energy or the drive for sexual intercourse after chemotherapy.
- Prostate Cancer: Getting an erection and achieving ejaculation becomes quite a challenge with this kind of cancer because of the location of the prostate gland where the tumour is generally located.
- Hormones: While the hormones get altered during the treatment and also due to the hormonal treatment that is a part of the therapy followed for cancer patients, the psychological impact and the sexual disinterest is apparent in the patients as well.
My wife have been confirmed positive for pregnancy, and she is suffering heavy vomiting, and constipation. And she is using progesterone 100 capsules via vagina route As she is unable to take orally due to vomit sensation constipation issues she is suffering from that and I said it's normal if we don't go for shit for 3 days also it dosent mean constipation she isn't feeling well Doctor have prescribed cremaffin syrup and now I have given her duphalac Could you please suggest her any thing and should I fear anything of the vomit Daily she will have up to 6 times.
Some tips from Ayurveda (7)
1. Luecoderma - In all types of skin diseases take Deccoction on Maha Manjisthadi kwath 10 ml twice a day and use Catechu Powder for internal and external Use.
2. Cholera – Keep to take lots on lemon Sharbat and Sanjivani vati 2 tabs twice a day.
3. Tuberculosis – In any condition of Tuberculosis you can take Milk, Butter, Ghee, Meat of Goat with proper regular medications.
4. Eczema : Apply boiled leaves of Neem Tree as externally and take 10 ml Neem leaves juice twice a day.
Post pregnancy, you may experience pain due to multiple reasons. However, such pain might subside within a few weeks, but still it is advisable that one should be prepared prepared for all kinds of discomfort post pregnancy, such as the pain you endure while breastfeeding or the epidural pain. If you have undergone surgery, then there may be pain due to surgical incisions as well. One should keep herself hydrated all throughout and be patient while trying to deal with such post pregnancy pain.
Managing pain depends on the type of pain you are experiencing. Below is a summarized account of the different types of pain one might go through and how to come out of it.
- Incisions: In case the delivery occurs by the caesarian procedure, you might have to endure pain from the incisions. The pain generally lasts till all the incisions heal, so you will require pain medications to get relief from the pain.
- Uterine contractions: The uterus needs to return to its normal size after the delivery. The pain from these contractions tends to increase with subsequent pregnancies. Like incisions, pain medications will be administered to help you get relief from the pa
- Vaginal dryness: A woman’s vagina tends to be dry while she is breastfeeding. This can cause pain if you want to indulge in sexual intercourse. In this regard, lubricants (preferably water based) are a good way to treat vaginal dryness.
- Engorgement of the breast: When a woman starts lactating, her breasts tend to become fuller and thus, cause minor but persisting pain. A breast pump (used to extract milk from a woman’s breasts), in this case, can relieve you of such pain.
- Back pain: Pregnancy related stress and strain can often lead to back pain. This back pain usually stems from holding the baby and breastfeeding it. If it so happens, you can consider changing your posture while breastfeeding and taking warm baths twice a day to get rid of the backaches.
- Joint pain: There may be pain in your joints such as the one in your wrists, hands and feet. This usually occurs due to all the chemical changes that your body undergoes during pregnancy. Pain medications and stretches can help ease this sort of a pain.
- Pain in the legs: Post pregnancy leg pain is caused because of all the fluids that are administered intravenously. Once the content of fluids in the body reduces, the pain tends to subside. However, any sign or symptom of blood clots or visible redness in the legs might warrant medical attention at the earliest.
- Headaches: This is the most common type of pain that can result from a pregnancy. Headaches are caused due to hormonal imbalances, insomnia and stress that you may experience. It is advisable to not take any pain medication in this regard as painkillers can interfere with your bodily hormones even more, given that headaches are usually not something to worry about. Drink plenty of water and try to get ample rest; this should take care of the pain automatically.