Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 40 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
I am 19 years old and I am a female I hve irregular periods and lot of white discharge. I consulted doctor she said dat im not getting periods just coz of my weight. I also consulted other doctors they said dat im not over weighed. What shal I do.
There are lots of benefits espoused by doctors all over the world about getting adequate sleep. Lack of sleep can have an adverse impact on your daily work life balance and health. Thus, you should never let it happen. If you sleep more than six hours a day it can have a lot of benefits, some of which are mentioned below:
1. Better health: Studies have shown that having a good night’s sleep can help your body avoid serious health problems like diabetes, obesity, heart attacks and various other cardiac problems.
2. Lesser Pain: According to research, if you have chronic or acute pain from an injury, then sleeping for more than six hours can help you get better pain relief. It has been proven in multiple studies that good sleep can be an excellent supplement to pain medications. However, being in pain can make it harder for you to sleep. You should use pain relievers in such cases which can aid sleep, but ensure that you have more than 6 hours of shut eye.
3. Lower risk of injury: If you have adequate sleep then there are chances that you won’t feel tired during the day while you are out at work. This can prevent accidents if you are driving or even within the household. Deprivation of sleep has lead to many accidents in the past and continues to do so till today.
4. Better mood: Adequate sleep can help you to stay in good mood and research has found sleep has a direct effect on regulating your emotions. This is due to the fact that sleeping for more than six hours a day can prevent you from being exhausted at work.
5. Better memory: Sleep loss can be the reason you have become forgetful. Studies have shown that your brain processes and consolidates the memories from throughout the day while you sleep. So if you don’t get enough sleep it may affect your professional life as you may tend to forget important things that you should remember.
6. Stronger immunity: Sleeping for more than six hours will give your body the strength required to fight diseases.
7. Better weight control: Lack of proper sleep can increase your weight. You would feel hungrier and would crave for high calorie foods since lack of enough sleep causes the levels of leptin to drop in the body. Leptin is the hormone, which is responsible for how satisfied you feel with food and a drop in its levels will result in you wanting to eat your more. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a doctor and ask a free question.
Dear doctor, We had miscarriage about 11 months ago. We are planning to conceive last 9 months but we are unable to get success. The doctor prescribed us clomid 100 mg this month and said I am not responding to the same. Also I hv been told that I have inverted retroflexed uterus. On ultrasound day 11 doctor said I hv pcos eggs with very few normal eggs and that is why I am not responding to clomid. What is the alternative treatment. Is there anything which could solve our issue. Patient age: 27 Ultrasound details Right ovary 2.6cm x 1.4cm Left ovary 2.9 x 1.5 cm Pls suggest if I can ovolute this month and if multiple small follicles will interfere in conceiving.
I am Having tingling sensation around my breast and under arm previously I have some itching around nipples and pain that comes and goes please tell what it is and is it serious.
My friend is married for almost 1and half years but unable to perform sexual intercourse although he is healthy n active. He says his wife is lacking sexual desires. What might b the reason? How can he overcome the current situation? Is there any medication to increase the desire in females? And she also feels that her vaginal opening is small, so she fears to have sex. Is there any operation to increase the size of the opening. Please suggest what to do coz they r at the edge of unwanted divorce.
Hi I am 27 year m in relationship from last one years. All are going gud but from last month I feel that when we sex I don't feel like before. I feel my Private part my vagina become loose suddenly from last 15 days that's why when he insert his penis I don't feel so much and can't enjoy. please let me know the way how I can tight my vagina and feel like before and enjoy him more.
In general, you lose about 50-100 strands of hair each day, but the loss is not visible as new hair grow in their place. However, if you lose more than a 100 strands in a day and more than 200 strands on the day you shampoo, you may be suffering from what is known as excessive hair fall.
Certain factors or reasons may cause you to lose hair at an alarming rate, which are,
1. Thyroid problems
Your thyroid is responsible for your body’s overall functioning. The hormones (primarily T4 and T3), which it produces help in regulating metabolic activities. Problems with your thyroid gland can cause your hormone levels to rise or fall to unhealthy levels, which can result in hair fall. You can improve the functioning of your thyroid gland through a diet rich in calcium, iodine, magnesium, protein and Vitamins A, B and C.
2. Scalp infections
Infections of the scalp can also be one of the factors that may cause your hair to fall at an alarming rate. Of the different scalp infections, the ringworm scalp infection is the most common. Although this fungal infection can occur in any part of your body, when it develops on your scalp, you end up losing clumps of hair. Alongside the use of anti-fungal medications, even anti-fungal shampoos and creams can provide you with respite from the problem.
3. Poor diet
Gorging on unhealthy foods or going on a crash diet can result in the lack of essential nutrients in your body, which are required to maintain healthy hair. Furthermore, since hair is made of protein, having a balanced diet consisting of proteins and vitamin- rich foods is a must.
Stress gives rise to certain conditions such as alopecia areata, telogen effluvium (hair loss caused post-pregnancy or surgery) and trichotillomania (an impulsive need to pull your hair out), which can cause you to lose significant amount of hair. To avert a hair loss crisis caused by stress, make it a point to do some simple stress-reducing exercises, such as meditation or breathing exercises.
5. Hair styling products
Using hair styling products like hair colours and straighteners can cause you to experience hairfall problems. Your hair not only becomes dull and dry due to their use, but also becomes weak and brittle, leading to a gradual loss of hair. Regular oiling and use of homemade hair masks are some of the ways you can try to counter the negative effects of these hair styling products.
6. Cancer treatment
The drugs that are used in the treatment of cancer not only destroy the fast-growing cancer cells, but also the healthy blood cells in your body. For this reason, consuming foods that possess cancer-fighting properties (like oatmeal, tomato, almonds, garlic etc) is a sure-shot way of fighting the disease as well as averting any side-effects that may arise because of the treatment.
7. Alopecia areata
Lastly, hair fall can also be caused by alopecia areata, which is a kind of hair loss that takes place when your body’s immune system erroneously attacks your hair follicles, and prevents growth of new hair.
The origin of your severe hair fall or baldness can be traced back to your ancestors. So, your genes can be a factor behind your hair fall problem. If this is the cause, your body then becomes unable to produce new hair.
Apart from the changes that you can make in your lifestyle to address the causes of your hair fall, there are also techniques out there that you can employ to permanently treat your problem, such as platelet rich plasma, mesotherapy, stem cell therapy, ozone activated platelet rich plasma & hair transplant.
I am 38 year old. I have been suffering from to heavy and very painful mestrual problem from the beginning. Want to get rid of this problem. Please suggest a solution.
I have one boob small then another one from starting, before I did not react it much but now a days this boob is status Started to pain I don't know y n how. Can you just help me out.
I'm married recently. My husband wants sex but I'm scared. I want to know will it cause anything to my vagina.
Hi. My periods is due on 23rd October. I had an unprotected sex on 19th October. I took unwanted 72 within 5 hours. What are the chances of getting pregnant. What should I do if my periods got delayed.
Hi! I have an important question. Suppose a girl had sex with a guy without condom and after 7 or 10 days she had sex with another man without man. In both case, the girl did not have any pill to ignore pregnancy. In this case what are the problems those may happen to the girl if she wants the pregnancy? Whose child it will be is not her problem. Her problem is if she face any illness through it.
My weight is 84 kg. Height is 5.3. I am 4 weeks pregnant. Please tell me my weight will not affect my baby?
What are the first symptoms of pregnancy and how can I sure about this and what are the restrictions should be followed by my wife?
I dint get my periods since one month. My last periods was on February 15 and I took postpone 72 that is ecp on 27 of February. It's April and I dint get my periods.
-nutritional supplements during preconception care
Certain nutritional supplements are recommended for women during this stage. Folic acid is an important vitamin which enables healthy growth and development of the baby. Folic acid reduces birth defects like spina bifida.
Other healthy supplements which a woman may require during preconception care include iron, zinc and calcium. A healthy, balanced diet and drinking a lot of water are also important.
Visiting a doctor is necessary during the preconception care. You will require a detailed physical health checkup and required guidelines from a health expert. Recommended blood tests include full blood count, testing of ferritin levels and testing for rubella. Urine tests and blood pressure checkup are also vital.
Moreover, several measures and steps must be followed by a woman. They include the following:
Having a proper diet with sufficient water intake along with nutritional supplements is very important.
A woman during preconception care should quit smoking or reduce the amount of smoking profusely.
Large amount of caffeine should be avoided. A woman should consume less caffeine containing products such as coffee, chocolates or soft drinks.
Alcohol should be avoided strictly as it may reduce the chance of pregnancy.
Medication without recommendation of the doctor should be avoided. A woman should not use any medicine without being prescribed by the doctor.
Contact with any kind of chemical should be avoided and natural, environment-friendly cleaning products should be used.
Overheating of the body should be avoided, and a woman during preconception care should keep away from spas and saunas.
A regular exercise schedule must be taken up for health benefits regarding pregnancy. Lack of working out may give rise to various health problems in women before pregnancy.
Any kind of stressful activity should be abstained from, and a woman during preconception care should not lift heavy objects, which cause strain.
Relaxation techniques should be practiced by a woman to keep mentally healthy.
A woman during the preconception care period should follow all required guidelines given by a doctor. Avid care of the body should be taken to ensure a healthy childbirth.
I am 42 years. During conjugation. The path is dry. My menstrual phase is running. Please Solve this problem.
Eating right kind of food can make your irritable menstruation days easier. It also helps in reducing stress level, cramps and managing mood swings.
Here’s how you must mind your food.
1. Dairy products and red meat: Dairy products like cheese, yoghurt and milk and red meat contain arachidonic acids which elevate cramps during your periods.
2. Fats, Trans fat and fried food: High intake of fatty, trans fatty and fried food leads to bloating and breast tenderness and increased estrogen levels which causes cramps. It’s better not to consume fats for few days.
3. Processed food and salt: Processed food contains lot of sodium. It should be avoided as it causes bloating and heavy feeling which makes the pain all the more unbearable.
4. Sugar-rich food: Sugar no doubt gives instant energy but taking excessive sugar during these days can bring fluctuation in blood sugar levels which results in stress and mood swings.
5. Alcohol: It’s important to stop taking alcohol during menstruation. But if you happen to drink at all, try to balance it out by drinking a lot of water.
If you would like to consult with me privately, please click on 'Consult'.