Common Specialities
Common Issues
Common Treatments

Dr. Chitra

General Physician, Chennai

100 at clinic
Dr. Chitra General Physician, Chennai
100 at clinic
Submit Feedback
Report Issue
Get Help

Personal Statement

Hello and thank you for visiting my Lybrate profile! I want to let you know that here at my office my staff and I will do our best to make you comfortable. I strongly believe in ethics; a......more
Hello and thank you for visiting my Lybrate profile! I want to let you know that here at my office my staff and I will do our best to make you comfortable. I strongly believe in ethics; as a health provider being ethical is not just a remembered value, but a strongly observed one.
More about Dr. Chitra
Dr. Chitra is a popular General Physician in Ambikapuram, Chennai. Doctor is currently associated with Dr.Mathivannan's Clinic in Ambikapuram, Chennai. You can book an instant appointment online with Dr. Chitra on has an excellent community of General Physicians in India. You will find General Physicians with more than 33 years of experience on You can find General Physicians online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.


Languages spoken


Book Clinic Appointment

Dr.Mathivannan's Clinic

#215 C Pillaiyar Koil Street, Mannurpet, ChennaiChennai Get Directions
100 at clinic
View All

Consult Online

Text Consult
Send multiple messages/attachments
7 days validity
Consult Now


View All Services

Submit Feedback

Submit a review for Dr. Chitra

Your feedback matters!
Write a Review


Nothing posted by this doctor yet. Here are some posts by similar doctors.

If I had sex and I have put my penis once in the girls point is it a chance of having her pregnant? Do we require protective aid to avoid it or its ok to have it?

MBBS, MD - Obstetrtics & Gynaecology, FMAS, DMAS
Gynaecologist, Noida
Hello If there was no penetration or ejaculation then there is no need to be worried with regards to pregnancy.
Submit FeedbackFeedback

When I work in gym my stomach left vain pain and left testis also pain. What should I do?

Its better to stop it until you are fit for it, it might be you are doing gym out of your resistance power. Be fit first then go for other fitness activity. Ok.
Submit FeedbackFeedback

Sir I am 24 years old male, I am suffering from pain in stomach can you suggest me a medicine.

General Physician, Gurgaon
Hello, this may be because of acidity/ indigestion/ gas you can take 1. Tablet Meftal spas one tablet stat after food 2. Tablet Pantocid 40 mg before food once a day for 2-3 days. And follow care advises given below. Avoid food from outside, junk, fried, spicy fatty food take home made light food like moong dal, Dalia, chapatti also tell me associated symptoms like vomiting sensation, loose motion/ burning sensation in chest or any other symptoms are present or not? so that we can reach diagnosis
Submit FeedbackFeedback

Doctor, I have done my blood test and my urine pus cells are 1-2/hpf Urine epithelial cells 1-2/hpf Urine RBC. occasional/HPF. Is it a problem for my health?

MBBS, MS - General Surgery, MCH- Urology
Urologist, Kolkata
Urine RBC is a cause of concern. Repeat urine routine after 2 weeks. If RBC is present consult Urologist.
Submit FeedbackFeedback

I am 27 years old and I am suffering from constipation from last one year what should I do? I have consulted many doctors but no result.

Homeopath, Faridabad
Hi. Try these steps: Drink two to four extra glasses of water a day (unless your doctor told you to limit fluids for another health reason). Try warm liquids, especially in the morning. Add fruits and vegetables to your diet. Eat prunes and bran cereal. Isabgol, also known as" psyllium husk, is a common health supplement used to treat constipation, other digestive problems, and a few non-digestive problems. It contains 70 percent soluble fiber and, as a result, acts as a bulk-forming laxative. The effectiveness of isabgol largely depends on your individual health needs and the manner in which you take it. Usually, you will need to take 1 to 2 tsp (5 to 10 ml) of isabgol with 1 cup of water (240 ml) or fluid daily at night until your constipation passes. The exact dosage may vary depending on age, medical condition, and response to treatment, however. Eat a well-balanced diet with plenty of fiber. Good sources of fiber are fruits, vegetables, legumes, and whole-grain bread and cereal (especially bran). Drink 1 1/2 to 2 quarts of water and other fluids a day (unless your doctor has you on a fluid-restricted diet). Fiber and water work together to keep you regular. Avoid caffeine. It can be dehydrating. Check on milk. Some people may need to avoid it because dairy products may be constipating for them. Exercise regularly. Go to the bathroom when you feel the urge. Medication: Take Schwabe’s Biocombination-4/ thrice daily for 4 weeks.
2 people found this helpful
Submit FeedbackFeedback

Can you suggest what we done I am a boy and my fever is 101°© I am in dangerous you can help me?

M.B.S.(HOMEO), MD - Homeopathy
Homeopath, Visakhapatnam
A person is typically considered feverish if oral temperature is above 100 F (37.8 C) or rectal temperature is above 99.5 F (37.5 C). Temperatures measured under the armpit are not considered as accurate and can be as much as 1 degree F lower than an oral measurement. Although a fever could be considered any body temperature above the normal 98.6 F (37 C), medically, a person is not considered to have a significant fever until the temperature is above 100.4 F (38.0 C). Most fever is beneficial, causes no problems, and helps the body fight off infections. A simple cold or other viral infection can sometimes cause a rather high fever (in the 102°–104°F/38.9°–40°C range), but this doesn't usually indicate a serious problem. And serious infections, especially those in infants, might cause no fever or even an abnormally low body temperature (below 97°F or 36.1°C). Any body temperature above 102.5 degrees Fahrenheit is considered a high fever, says MedicaLook. Fevers that reach 107 F or higher are exceptionally dangerous, because the majority of humans cannot survive such high internal temperatures.
2 people found this helpful
Submit FeedbackFeedback

I'm 27 years old. I'm going to take surgery namely called tympanoplasty due to eardrum hole and bilateral hearing loss. Please give me some suggestions whether this treatment will cure my problems.

PG Diploma in Clinical Research, Diploma in Acupuncture, MBBS, College Of Physicians & Surgeons
General Physician, Mumbai
Be specific about your problems, tympanoplasty is indicated for rupture drum to restore anatomy. Recurrent dischage from ear with proper care should be better. About hearing loss one cannot predict. Operating surgeon can guide u. Councelling for combination therapy sos for deafness after surgery.
1 person found this helpful
Submit FeedbackFeedback

I have problem in my stomach pain upto 5 days Please give suggestion to recover my health.

General Physician, Gurgaon
You can take(if no drug allergy) Tablet Meftal spas one tablet stat after food Take proper diet homemade food like moong dal dalia, chapati etc. we may need to start antibiotic and other medications after personal consultation
Submit FeedbackFeedback

Which food is the best for diabetic for maintain the good sugar levels and my father is using trivolib is it good medicine or not.

Diploma in Diet and Nutrition
Dietitian/Nutritionist, Hyderabad
Diabetes can be controlled/managed by a proper regulated diet and exercise. Avoid 3 big meals. Instead take small mini meals every 2/3 hours. Take green vegetables/salad with every minimeal. Eat whole grain food/grains like ragi, wheat, jowar instead of refined grains like maida/ sooji/ white bread etc. Reduce foods with high GI Index like potato, white rice, banana, mango. Avoid all forms of simple sugars like Colas, juices, sweets, cakes, biscuits, pizzas, noodles etc. Eat fruits  with low/medium GI index like apple, guava, mosambi, orange.  .Eat proteins like dals, sprouts, (NV) egg, chicken etc with every minimeal. Drink lot of water. One glass every hour. Do at least 30-45 mins of exercise everyday. Walk for 10 mins after every meal. These steps can help reduce sugar levels.
Submit FeedbackFeedback

I am feeling ache in my neck, it feel pain when I turn my neck, I applied pain reliever cream, but no satisfying solution. I think it is neck cramp. Kindly guide me.

Physiotherapist, Mumbai
Hello do cold fomentation for 15 min. Thrice in a day. Avoid using computer, take rest for 5 min after working for 1 hour. You can use thin pillow while sleeping. Maintain proper body posture while watching tv/studying. Take ust followed by ift for 15 days. Learn strengthening & stretching exercises from physiotherapist. Thanks.
Submit FeedbackFeedback

I am 26 years old and I want to know the reason and medicine of shaky hand please help me.

General Physician, Gurgaon
This may be due to 1. Severe anxiety, This problem can be solved by Meditation i can give you address of rajyoga meditation center near your house (this is free of cost) 2. Medical problem like Thyroid disorder get your following test done and review with reports 1. CBC 2. Thyroid function test(fasting)
Submit FeedbackFeedback

What is the quantity of uric acid should a male human body contain. 7.42 is a dangerous sign?

Member of Royal College of Emergency medicine, Certd course in evidence based diabetes management
General Physician, Bangalore
3.4 -7 mg/dl is normal for males. We can say that the uric acid level is elevated here. You must consult a physician so that we can decide how best to treat the patient. Hope the answer finds it helpful for I to decide.
Submit FeedbackFeedback

I am 55 years male non diabetic fully fit, still active sexually but I am ejaculating early and at the time of discharge the satisfaction has reduced, since last 3 years or so please advice to improve my sexual pleasure.

MD - Psychiatry
Psychiatrist, Chennai
Premature ejaculation is uncontrolled ejaculation either before or shortly after sexual penetration. It happens with minimal sexual stimulation and before the person wishes. It may result in unsatisfactory sex for both partners. This can increase the anxiety that may add to the problem. It is one of the most common forms of male sexual dysfunction. It has probably affected every man at some point in his life. Most cases of premature ejaculation do not have a clear cause. With sexual experience and age, men often learn to delay orgasm. Psychological factors such as anxiety, guilt, or depression can also cause it. In some cases, it may be related to a medical cause such as hormonal problems, injury, or a side effect of certain medicines. Consult a psychiatrist Your doctor will discuss your medical and sexual history with you. He or she will do a thorough physical exam. Your doctor may want to talk to your partner also. Premature ejaculation can have many causes. So your doctor may order lab tests to rule out any other medical problem. In many cases premature ejaculation gets better on its own over time. Treatment may not be needed. Practicing relaxation techniques or using distraction methods may help you delay ejaculation. Your doctor may recommend that you and your partner practice certain techniques to help delay ejaculation, as well as medications are there to help. All the best.
Submit FeedbackFeedback

Hi Doc, my penis cap remains wet all the time with some transparent sticky liquid and urge to pee at early morning when I wake up and at late nights when I'm going to sleep. I got Routine and Culture Test's done and both are normal. 2.5 years back I urge to pee all the time but that is cured after consultation and taking prescriptions.

Bachelor of Ayurveda, Medicine and Surgery (BAMS)
Ayurveda, Bundi
This is secretions out of urethra caused by seminal fluids. You need to take herbal diuretics and stambhak herbs for that matter with the help of any ayurveda doctor near you or lybrate ayurveda doctor on portal.
1 person found this helpful
Submit FeedbackFeedback

I think I am suffering from sexual erectile dysfunction. My penis is not able to enter in vagina. My penis is may tight sometimes but not straight. What to do.

C.S.C, D.C.H, M.B.B.S
General Physician,
You have to check if your have Peyronie's disease which is a form of erectile dysfunction that causes a bend in the penis that can make an erection quite painful. The condition may develop after trauma to the penis, such as bending or hitting. This can cause bleeding and subsequent scar tissue buildup.
2 people found this helpful
Submit FeedbackFeedback

What is the correct time for taking Green tea if taken 2 - 3 cups daily. I am 66 years female having controlled Diabetes with medicines. My wt is 66 Kg.

MBBS, CCEBDM, Diploma in Diabetology
Endocrinologist, Hubli-Dharwad
lybrate-user, There is no hard and fast rule about when green tea should be taken. It can be taken any time according to your own preference. Thanks.
2 people found this helpful
Submit FeedbackFeedback

I am 18 years old but I don't feel better because my belly comes out and I feel fatty so I want solution by you and one thing I that I can't control my masturbation habits so please help me.

BAMS, MD Ayurveda
Sexologist, Lonavala
The following remedy would help you Natural home remedy using almonds, cow's milk, ginger powder, cardamom and saffron: Saffron is a mild aphrodisiac 1. Soak 10 almonds in water overnight 2. Peel off the skin and crush them the next morning 3. Take 1 cup hot cow's milk 4. Add the crushed almonds 5. Add a pinch of ginger powder 6. Add a pinch of cardamom powder 7. Add a pinch of saffron 8. Mix well 9. Drink this every morning This will help with your concern, if it dosent work then you must consult ayurvedic doctor.
3 people found this helpful
Submit FeedbackFeedback
View All Feed