Common Specialities
Common Issues
Common Treatments

Dr. Chitra Devi

General Physician, Chennai

Dr. Chitra Devi General Physician, Chennai
Submit Feedback
Report Issue
Get Help

Personal Statement

I'm dedicated to providing optimal health care in a relaxed environment where I treat every patients as if they were my own family....more
I'm dedicated to providing optimal health care in a relaxed environment where I treat every patients as if they were my own family.
More about Dr. Chitra Devi
Dr. Chitra Devi is a renowned General Physician in K K Nagar, Chennai. She is currently associated with Radhatri Nethralaya in K K Nagar, Chennai. You can book an instant appointment online with Dr. Chitra Devi on has an excellent community of General Physicians in India. You will find General Physicians with more than 32 years of experience on You can find General Physicians online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.


Languages spoken


Book Clinic Appointment

Radhatri Nethralaya

12,T Nagar. Landmark: Behind Hindi Prachar Sabha Street, ChennaiChennai Get Directions
View All

Consult Online

Text Consult
Send multiple messages/attachments
7 days validity
Consult Now


View All Services

Submit Feedback

Submit a review for Dr. Chitra Devi

Your feedback matters!
Write a Review


Nothing posted by this doctor yet. Here are some posts by similar doctors.

I had a sinus operation 15 days back. They did not put any plate after the operation. What precautions should I take so that it should not happen again?

MS - ENT(Gold Medalist), MBBS
Ear-Nose-Throat (ENT) Specialist, Delhi
For what disease u had sinus surgery? If that was allergic sinusitis with polyp u should keep using steroid nasal spray for a long time and have proper follow up with your surgeon to keep your nasal cavity clean to avoid recurrence.
1 person found this helpful
Submit FeedbackFeedback

I am a 20 years female I am suffering from head ache frm last month. Wt shld I do?

General Physician,
You could be having either migraine or sinusitis or some refractive error problem of your eyes. Say for migraine is not a ordinary headeche it has a major impact in life migraine headeche is usually an intense throbbing pain on one side or both side of head. Besides pain it can cause nausea and vomiting sensative to light and sound. Some poeple may see spots and flashing light and temporary loss of vision. Treatment to telieve pain preventive drugs and change of lifestyle and altetnative treatment.

I am suffering from asthma. What should I do. please give a a better solution to recover this dease.

Dear Mr case of acute attack of asthma you have to take anti-histamines.....However if you want to cure it permanently then a detailed case taking is can try Homeopathic Mother Tinctures BLATTA ORIENTALE Q, 30 drops in water after lunch and YERBA SANCTA Q, 30 drops in water after dinner.....continue it for 15 days....if you don't get relief after 15 days then you may need a consultation
1 person found this helpful
Submit FeedbackFeedback

Please suggest diet for heart patient operated angioplasty stent. What to eat and what not ?

B.H.M.S., Senior Homeopath Consultant
Homeopath, Delhi
Please consult with qualified dietician about your diet. Who can suggest or make a diet chart for you.
Submit FeedbackFeedback

My penis is not so big .and it is not properly opened it is cover at the top slightly.

BASM, MD, MS (Counseling & Psychotherapy), MSc - Psychology, Certificate in Clinical psychology of children and Young People, Certificate in Psychological First Aid, Certificate in Positive Psychology
Psychologist, Palakkad
Dear Lybrate user. I can understand. Size and hardness of penis never matters in a sexual intercourse. Love and passion matters and determines the sexual pleasure. Usually, in flaccid condition, the size will be less than 2 inches. Average size of erect penis is 4 inches. But even a two inch erect penis can satisfy any woman across the world just because, woman sexual nerve endings which is the reason for pleasure for women, are available only up to two inches from the opening of vagina. Therefore, please don't worry. You can improve the size of your penis by massaging it with olive oil and doing kegal pelvic strengthening exercises. Furbah oil is a good unani medicine for you to use externally. Muira Puama and Catuaba are good homeopathic remedies. Jelqing is the backbone of different penis enlargement exercises. Jelqing exercises are to improve the hardness and size of the penis in men. Bananas are Good for your heart and for your blood flow, and therefore bananas are recommended food for penis enlargement and increased sexual stamina. It contains many vitamins and minerals suitable for penis enlargement. I suggest online sex education and counseling. Phimosis is a congenital narrowing of the opening of the foreskin so that it cannot be retracted. Phimosis is a very common problem. In most of the cases you can clear the problem yourself. Phimosis could cause moderate to severe pain while having vaginal intercourse. Apply oil on your foreskin and on the glans. Move the foreskin forward and back slowly without hurting you much. Because the oil is lubricant, it will be easier than without oil. Do this forward and back movement 20 times several times in a day. Repeat the same every day for around one month. You will get the elasticity and you will be able to retract the foreskin completely. In case if there is no result from the above massage, you can always go for a minor surgical procedure called circumcision. Take care.
Submit FeedbackFeedback

I have difficulty in breathing. My chest feels heavy and I hv cough for past 2 days.

General Physician, Delhi
As you said you are having bronchial asthma then it may exacerbate. Tell me what medicines you are taking
Submit FeedbackFeedback

My mother is suffering from bipolar disorder-mania for many years starting from age 18. Now around 49. It's normal most of the time but will happen many time in a year and will continue for one or two weeks. Is there any permanent solution or new findings or medicins for this problem sir. I'm at 27 now. there any possibility of inheritance for me in any manner in future sir? I have a sister at 28 also normal now.

General Physician, Jalgaon
Please Less chances of inheritance Please give her Saraswatarishta 20 ml twice a day for 3 months Cap stresscom by dabur 2 2 for 3 months Consult me regularly on Lybrate till she feels better Take her for morning and evening walk regularly Tell her to do meditation regularly.
Submit FeedbackFeedback

Pls suggest me any antioxidant/medicine to reduce the affect of smoking in my body. I'm a smoker and smoking since 4 years - 7-8 cigarettes a day.

Membership of the Royal College of Surgeons (MRCS)
General Surgeon, Chennai
The best antioxidant to reduce effect of smoking on body is to stop smoking. However till you manage to do that you may take some vitamin supplements. There is no remedy to reduce bad effect of smoking on body other than to stop smoking completely.
1 person found this helpful
Submit FeedbackFeedback

HIV/ AIDS - How Can it be Treated?

General Physician, Hyderabad
HIV/ AIDS - How Can it be Treated?

Sadly, there is no known cure for HIV. However, it can be controlled through medication. HIV or the Human Immunodeficiency Virus attacks the body's immune system and over time leaves it vulnerable to a number of other diseases. In its most advanced stages, it can lead to AIDS. Hence, it is essential to control this virus in its early stages.

HIV treatment is known as Antiretroviral therapy or ART. This involves taking a series of HIV medicines on a daily basis. ART can help HIV patients live a longer, healthier life and can also reduce the risk of HIV transmission.

The first step towards getting treated for HIV is to get tested. This can be easily done at your nearest health center and the results will be kept confidential. With HIV prevention is better than cure and hence, if you have more than one sexual partner, you must insist on them getting tested as well.

As soon as you test positive for the virus, start the treatment. Do not wait till you start feeling sick. ART can be taken by anyone at any stage of the condition. If you are pregnant, breast feeding or have been diagnosed with early HIV infection, this is all the more important.

HIV medication works by preventing the HIV cells from multiplying and thus reduces the amount of HIV cells in the body. A low level of HIV cells gives the immune system a chance to recover and strengthen itself. A lowered HIV count also reduces chances of transferring the virus to another person.

ART involves following a regimen of a number of medicines. There are 25 HIV medicines that can be grouped under six drug classes depending on how they affect HIV cells. These include:

  1. Nucleoside Reverse Transcriptase Inhibitors
  2. Non-Nucleoside Reverse Transcriptase Inhibitors
  3. Protease Inhibitors
  4. Fusion And Entry Inhibitors
  5. Pharmacokinetic Enhancers And
  6. Integrase Strand Transfer Inhibitors

Usually, a person is prescribed 3 to 4 HIV medicines from a minimum of 2 drug classes. A number of factors go into deciding what form of HIV treatment is most suitable to a patient. This includes the person's individual needs, symptoms presented, potential drug interactions and possible side effects. Convenience of following the regimen and costs are also taken into account while prescribing a form of treatment to a HIV patient.

Once treatment is started, ART can be proven to be effective within 3-6 months by lowering the number of HIV cells in the body.

4701 people found this helpful

Hello sir/ ma'am. I hv piles problem. Its very painful feeling. I want to remove hard mass which is come out from anal canal. Is this possible to remove through medicine without any operation? Pls help me out.

General Physician, Gurgaon
Avoid constipationt. Have high fiber diet ,lot of leafy vegetables .on line appointment from me. Can be cured with medicines only initially.
Submit FeedbackFeedback

What are the symptoms of the dengue fever and malaria and there is also loose motion and headache.

MBBS, MBA (Healthcare)
General Physician, Delhi
fever, rashes, bleeding, eye pain , joint pain, eye pain etc are the symptoms of dengue fever. high body temperature and cold in malaria.
Submit FeedbackFeedback

My age is 50 years. Male. I have a problem in my chest. Sometimes my chest have pain, I do not know why. I check it by x-ray report but there is nothing in x-ray report. So please consult me what is this nd some solution to get reed from tht pain.

FRHS, Ph.D Neuro , MPT - Neurology Physiotherapy, D.Sp.Med, DPHM (Health Management ), BPTh/BPT
Physiotherapist, Chennai
Do better take echo and tmt test and consult cardiologist and do consult gastrointestinal specialist for acidity problem if any.
Submit FeedbackFeedback

Im a 39 year old lady, single. I have been facing issues of weight gain as have thyroid, lately discovered pcod- so only keep gaining weight.

Doctor of Medicine
General Physician, Surat
Try aerobic exercise, low calorie diet, stress free life, it will reduce the weight slowly and gradually,
3 people found this helpful
Submit FeedbackFeedback

Comparison with Others in Size Shape of Penis etc Creates Psychosomatic Sexual Weakness says Dr Vaibhav Lunkad

MBBS, DIiploma in Yoga and Ayurveda, Diploma In Dermatology And Venerology And Leprosy (DDVL), PGDPC
Sexologist, Pune
Comparison with Others in Size Shape of Penis etc Creates Psychosomatic Sexual Weakness says Dr Vaibhav Lunkad

Comparison with others in size shape of penis etc creates psychosomatic sexual weakness says Dr. Vaibhav lunkad

Of the cases which we see of sexual inadequacy in our daily clinic at aaiina clinic near kelkar museum in shukrawarpeth pune, half of them have psychological weakness due to comparing with friends, porn or other people in loos, restrooms etc.

What lies in between ears is more important than what lies in between thighs is a very important quote as regards sexual problems in human beings. Also attitude of guilt or inferiority in comparison to others regarding height, weight, complexion, sizes, shapes, stamina etc all matter very much. Especially the thin and short always feel they will never be able to satisfy the partner in sex. Also the complexion matters a lot as they get to feel that they don't have that sex appeal or charisma compared to the good looking boys or girls.

Pornography clips seen so commonly nowadays in many cellphones, computers and laptops has created a big controversy that size matters, when actually it's altogether and not the size only which matters. Also cheap magazines, quack doctors, and some pharmacies directly advertise regarding size, impact and inadequacy which creates a big market for over-the-counter medicines and drugs.

Illiteracy and peer educators add fuel to fire. Crores of rupees are lost daily to get the size or shape which actually is just difficult to guarantee.

Even 3 cm of penis erection is enough to give adequate pleasure as only that much part of vagina is really sensitive to erotic pleasures. So playfulness, erotic, romantic, sportive and casual sportive view makes a lot of difference in sex life. So it's always better not to look at bigger and fairer etc things and feel low in life or sex as mind then bothers very badly or continuously and also creates failures and depression or psychosomatic diseases.

Have enough self-confidence and self-respect or self-love which matters in the long run for good sex life. Dr. Vaibhav lunkad always says in hindi-" sabse bada dost hai aaiina lekin bat hamare samajh me aaiina"

Comparison with others in size shape of penis etc creates psychosomatic sexual weakness says Dr. Vaibhav lunkad

16 people found this helpful

Hello, my back side of head feels pain one time on left side then on right side. What is the problem.

MD (U), Bachelor of Unani Medicine and Surgery (B.U.M.S)
Unani Specialist, Delhi
Its may be due to eye-strain, fatigue, alcohol use, excessive smoking, excessive caffeine use, sinus infection, migraines, nasal congestion, over-exertion, colds and influenza.
Submit FeedbackFeedback

When I sexually enged with my partner my penis did not get effect properly. I am very nervous n tensed. Kindly give me solution.

Homeopath, Faridabad
Take Agnus castus 30, 3 drops once daily morning.Take Schwabe's Damiaplant, 20 drops twice daily with water.Revert after 15 days. Thanks.
Submit FeedbackFeedback

My wife suddenly faints from few days. She also gets frequent leg pain. Checked with orthopedic doc. He says normal. Please advise.

Dip. SICOT (Belgium), MNAMS, DNB (Orthopedics), MBBS
Orthopedist, Delhi
Hi thanks for your query and welcome to lybrate. I am Dr. Akshay from fortis hospital, new delhi. Fainting is definitely not an orthopaedic problem, you will need to consult a general physician for this. As far as leg pain is concerned there can be multiple reasons, but I would like you to get some investigations done for her: - cbc, esr, crp, serum vitamin d levels, serum electrolytes please reach out to me once you have these investigation reports so that I can advise accordingly. Do not hesitate to contact me if you need any further assistance.
Submit FeedbackFeedback

My mom get headache every twice a day and it's very high one So is there any homemade cure for it? please answer it.

MBBS, MBA (Healthcare)
General Physician, Delhi
She should go for detail check up. It may be due to migraine she can take crocin pain relief sos. consult doctor if not ok. You can consult privately.
1 person found this helpful
Submit FeedbackFeedback

Whenever I wake up early morning or after sleep in noon there is a stinking from my mouth and it was not before, it has started few week back when I forcefully removed my tooth as it was decayed and halfbroken kindly suggest me something to remove that smell asap.

Dentist, Bangalore
Bad breath can be reduced or prevented if you: - practice good oral hygiene. - brush twice a day with fluoride toothpaste to remove food debris and plaque. - don't forget to brush the tongue, too. - replace your toothbrush every 2 to 3 months or after an illness. - use floss or an interdental cleaner to remove food particles and plaque between teeth once a day. - see your dentist regularly -- at least twice a year. He or she will conduct an oral exam and professional teeth cleaning and will be able to detect and treat periodontal disease, dry mouth, or other problems that may be the cause of bad mouth odor. - drink lots of water. This will keep your mouth moist. - chewing gum (preferably sugarless) stimulates the production of saliva, which helps wash away food particles and bacteria.
1 person found this helpful
Submit FeedbackFeedback
View All Feed