Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Physiotherapists in India. You will find Physiotherapists with more than 41 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Physiotherapists online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Chithra Devi
Spinal Surgery Disorders
Treatment of Neurological Problems
Treatment of Knee replacement
Treatment of Nerve And Muscle Disorders
Treatment of Hip Disorders
Neuro Physiotherapy Treatment
Treatment of Knee Injury
Pregnancy Exercise Therapy
Treatment of Sports Injuries
Treatment of Splinting
Treatment of Spondylosis
Arthritis And Pain Management Treatment
Heat Therapy Treatment
Post Pregnancy Classes
Orthopedic Physical Therapy
Treatment of Shin Splints
Submit a review for Dr. Chithra DeviYour feedback matters!
Hi Everyone. I Am 21 years old and have a pain In my right knee which got a ligament fracture 5 yrs Ago It is still persistent when it comes for running. What should I do.
I am 35 years old. I am serving in army since 14 years. Few days ago I having pain in my knees and then I wear knee cap in day time. Please tell me how can I get rid from this bad illness. Thnx.
Back pain is a common source of pain, which can be acute, subacute or chronic in nature. Back pain is classified along the segments of the spine and can be divided into neck pain, middle back pain, lower-back pain or tailbone pain.
Lower back pain is a type of back pain, which affects the lower back portion of the body. It may occur from arthritis or due to sudden jerking during movement. Lower-back pain may cause serious discomfort and aching and may disable a person from moving about. It should be treated and cared for properly.
Here are several treatments and care procedures for lower-back pain:
- Take some rest: Most people who get lower-back pain get obsessed with it and end up getting MRI scans, x-rays done and take injections without recognizing the intensity of the pain. It is advised not to rush into the matter. A simple way to cure the pain is by resting. 90% of lower back pains resolve by themselves in 6 weeks and so you must give your back a break instead of taking medical action and give your back some to heal.
- Pills: Sometimes, a lower back pain can suddenly become severe. In this case, you should intake anti-inflammatory pills such as ibuprofen or naproxen. These pills will help you ease the pain. However, you should not take them for more than ten days at a stretch as continuous pill consumption can cause side effects.
- Hot & cold compress: Apply a bag of frozen peas or an ice pack to the affected area in your lower back for 48 hours after the pain appears. Every session should be about of 20 minutes and you should take several sessions each day. After two days, repeat the same procedure using a heat pad. The cooling procedure shuts down your blood capillaries, reducing the flow of blood to the affected area. The swelling is then eased. The heating, on the other hand, loosens tight muscles and helps to increase blood circulation.
- Replace your mattress: People who sleep on firm mattresses and cushions on their beds are at a higher risk of experiencing lower-back pain. If you sleep on a medium-firm mattress, your chances of getting lower-back pain are less. In case your mattress is sagging or is very old, you should replace it.
- Acupuncture: When your lower-back pain is very severe, you can take acupuncture injections, which provide efficient pain relief. The injections change the way your nerves react and inflammation gets reduced.
Lower-back pain is likely to cause great discomfort and trouble. You will be unable to carry out your daily chores because of the pain. Therefore, proper treatment and care are required for lower-back pain.
Dr. I am Suffering from Extreme Pain in my Right Heel. Unable to Walk by resting on my Right Foot. Please Suggest for the Pain Relief.
1.Tummy tuck in or Bracing the lower back, you can do these exercises in-
Standing- Exhale from mouth with pursed lips (blowing the candle), simultaneously pull your belly button towards your spine hold it for 3 to 5 secs. Repeat 10 times.
Sitting- Sit on a firm chair in tall relax sitting and repeat as above.
Lying- Lie on your back with legs bent so that feet lies flat on the bed. Repeat as above.
2. Pelvic tilt- Lie on your back as above and push your belly button towards the spine, roll the pelvis as you are trying to touch the pelvis with your face without lifting the pelvis from the bed. Hold it for 3 to 5 secs. Repeat 10 times.
3. Single leg raise-
Lie on your back as above. Straighten your one leg while other leg remains in bent position. Raise the straight leg up to 50 to70 degree at comfortable range and try to hold for 3 to 5 secs. Repeat 10 times.