Lybrate.com has an excellent community of ENT Specialists in India. You will find ENT Specialists with more than 35 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find ENT Specialists online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Balloon Sinuplasty Procedure
Cochlear Implant Procedure
Treatment of Endoscopic Sinus Surgery
Treatment of Foreign Body in Eyes, Ears, Nose and
Hearing Aid Fitting
Treatment of Hearing, Speech Impairment
Nosebleed (Epistaxis) Treatment
Treatment of Throat and Voice Problems
Treatment of Tonsils (Tonsillitis)
Treatment of Nasal Disorders
Canalith Repositioning (Cr) Procedure
Congenital Ear Problem Treatment
Csf Rhinorrhoea Repair Surgery
Ear Microsurgery Procedure
Functional Endoscopic Sinus Surgery
Micro Laryngeal Surgery
Reconstructive Middle Ear Surgery
Revision Ear Surgeries
Submit a review for Dr. CherianYour feedback matters!
I have a goiter on right side of my thyroid gland. Its is there from last 3 years. Size of the gland is almost same from last 3 year as I am duly doing usg to check it. I do not have symptoms so far. But as this is quite visible. Can I go for a operation to remove it & what would be the consequences for this?
Throat pain mainly occurs due to two conditions-'sore throat' or 'strep throat'. Often the terms 'sore throat' and 'strep throat' are used interchangeably, but they don't indicate the same thing. While a sore throat is a condition mostly followed by common cold, runny nose or congestion; strep throat is a bacteria-induced infection. The bacterium called Streptococcus is responsible for strep throat.
The most common reason behind a sore throat is a viral infection like flu or cold. So, if you've a sore throat that is caused by virus, there is no reason to worry as it can be treated easily. But if you are suffering from strep throat or streptococcal infection, then antibiotic drugs for additional treatment will be required to avoid complications.
Signs and symptoms of a strep throat (which indicates that your throat pain is serious and needs attention) include:
- Pain while swallowing food
- Sore throat which usually persists for more than 48 hours
- Small red spots at the roof top of your mouth
- Swollen and red tonsils at times with streaks of pus or white patches
- Swollen, benign lymph nodes in your neck
- Body aches
- Vomiting or feeling of nausea, especially amongst younger children
When these signs and symptoms become noticeable, you need to promptly visit your doctor for test and treatment. And, if the reports indicate strep throat, then your doctor will prescribe you some oral antibiotics to reduce the complications and severity of symptoms so that it doesn't spread to others. You are advised to follow your prescription properly and stay indoors for at least a day after starting your medication.
My mouth smells bad. What should I do to have a fresh and good odour of my mouth? And also I experience bitter throat taste. Please help.
Hello doctors I have problem in my ear due to excess use of headphones now I avoid to listen song in headphones so what can I do to cure soon.
I am 18 years old and from last week I am feeling sore throat, cold, fatigue and sickness what that means and what should I do.
What are symptoms of sinus. Nd there is any treatment of this disease or not. Will you answer to all my questions.?
I have throat pain means tonsillitis When taking cool food then it will happen, cooldrinks What I will do.
I get too much snore in sleep. The sound is too much high as told by my spouse. Can you please help me with any solutions to reduce it.
Hello what could it lead to if pharyngitis has been left untreated. Note-i've taken antibiotic prophylaxis for pharyngitis 5 times with in a span of 1 year.
I have itching problem inside my ear. I used Headphone to listen music. Is this a reason or other things also responsible behind this. I used anything that I found for itching inside my ear.
I have sinusitis and headache for the last ten days. I took some medicine and otrivin nasal drop but no result.
I'm studying B. Tech. I'm getting headache since 2 years. I consulted many doctors but no result at all. I'm getting pain on forehead, nerves at cheeks and neck. I'm getting pain for 6-8 hours a day. My nose gets blocked and I have cold all times and I can't inhale. When I get up from sleep I'm getting severe headache and became lazy. I'm losing my memory power. Give me solution for my problem. Thank you sir/madam.
Hi Dr I am suffering from throat infection from three years.Almost I used many tablet. Levoday.Montec lc, roxid,azee 500 tablet I have used.
What are the causes and symptoms of ear discharge?
Ear discharge is the phenomenon of fluids being expelled from the ear. This condition is also known as otorrhea.
The kinds of fluids that can be discharged from the ear range from blood to pus and other forms of bodily secretions. It is caused by a number of factors, which determine the exact nature of the condition and the diagnosis for treatment.
What are the causes of ear discharge?
Some forms of ear discharge are natural, such as ear wax which is produced by the body as a form of defense against external particles that may enter the ears. Other forms are unnatural and result from anomalies in the health system.
The causes of these include the following:
- Infections: This is the most common cause of ear discharge and occurs when bacteria and viruses infest the inside of the ear and lead to the secretion of fluids, which builds up in the middle ear or at the eardrum
- Swimmer’s Ear: This condition is also known as otitis externa and is caused by staying in water for prolonged periods. It results from excessive exposure to moisture that makes the walls of the ear canal to break down allowing bacteria and fungi to enter and infect the ear.
- Trauma: Excess pressure on the eardrum can cause it to rupture and discharge fluids. This happens due to a number of reasons such as exposure to loud explosive sounds or pressure from flying in aircrafts and scuba diving.
- Skull Injury: Damage to the bones behind the ear as a result of injury can also lead to ear discharge due to infection.
- Tonsillitis: Inflammation of tonsils may cause pain or a repeated infection in the ear leading to fluid discharge.
What are the symptoms associated with ear discharge?
Some of the symptoms of otorrhea are as follows:
- Abnormal and unusual secretion of fluids from the ear
- Swelling of the ear
- Partial or complete loss of hearing
- Pain and throbbing in the ear
- Accompanying signs such as fever and migraine
Diagnosis and treatment of the problem depend on the exact cause and nature of the condition, which also determines treatment and recovery time.