Lybrate.com has an excellent community of ENT Specialists in India. You will find ENT Specialists with more than 42 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find ENT Specialists online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Balloon Sinuplasty Procedure
Cochlear Implant Procedure
Treatment of Endoscopic Sinus Surgery
Treatment of Foreign Body in Eyes, Ears, Nose and
Hearing Aid Fitting
Treatment of Hearing, Speech Impairment
Nosebleed (Epistaxis) Treatment
Treatment of Throat and Voice Problems
Treatment of Tonsils (Tonsillitis)
Treatment of Nasal Disorders
Canalith Repositioning (Cr) Procedure
Congenital Ear Problem Treatment
Csf Rhinorrhoea Repair Surgery
Ear Microsurgery Procedure
Functional Endoscopic Sinus Surgery
Micro Laryngeal Surgery
Reconstructive Middle Ear Surgery
Revision Ear Surgeries
Submit a review for Dr. CherianYour feedback matters!
I face very severe allergic symptoms whenever there is change in season which affect my sinuses, stomach, joints and my mind also. I am taking anti-allergic allegra M as told by the doctor daily for a long time now but the symptoms are still there and are very unpredictable. I have genetically acquired this allergic tendency as told to me by my doctor. My grandmother has a similar problem and it never got cured. Is there a possible cure to this problem? Please help me as it is affecting my normal life.
Last 2 days I have thorat infection n doctor prescribed me antibiotic n paracetamol. But no improvement in my throat. M not able drink properly n throat is paining. Pls suggest me medicine.
I have suffering from cold from last 1 month and I also consult with doctor but I don't have good result with their medicine, actually I have a sinusitis problem since 1 year and now a day during my cold I have eyes pain problem what can I do? Is it cause by sinusitis or anything else?
I am suffering from nose problem as my nose is blocked at night due to which I am suffering huge please solve it.
Sir good morning. I have suffered from throatening problem this is not a painful but feeling like sour. I mean when I had taken breakfast like (roti, puri, dhosa) after 30 mints my throat inside sourest (hindi language katta) feeling coming. Continuously 8 hrs suffered. So what is the problem. Pls tell me clearly.
Hi doc. My son is 3 years old. Always telling mom sputum in my throat. N always tries to swallow it. So much problem that he is nt able to sleep at night. No cough. please suggest Urgent.
Hi doctors. In my both ears I could find water coming out for past 6 months. Now it started paining and the watery feel had become more. Could any ENT specialist can help me out in this regard?
I am 36 years female from surat gujarat, I want remedy for tinnitus (ringing in both ears) 3 to 5 types of different sounds.Please do help
The inflammation of the cavities around nasal passage is known as sinusitis. When the cavities are full of fluid, germs attach themselves to the fluids, which give rise to infections. Some of the causes of sinusitis are common colds, allergic rhinitis problem, nasal polyps and deviated septum. You can also learn about common ear infections.
There are 4 different types of sinusitis:
- Acute sinusitis: It remains for about 4 weeks or less. It is usually characterized by a runny nose and pain in the face which will stay for at least 10 to 14 days.
- Sub acute sinusitis: It is almost like the acute sinusitis but stays longer for about 4 to 8 weeks.
- Chronic sinusitis: The inflammation in this case lasts about 8 weeks, sometimes longer than that.
- Recurrent sinusitis: In this, the sinusitis attack keeps occurring all through the year.
At times, to clear up the blocked sinuses, a surgery is mandatory. This can be painful hence many are hesitant to go through with a surgery. If you want to control sinusitis so that it doesn't reach the limit where you have to go through a surgery, here are some tips of what you might be able to do regularly to clear your chances of controlling this:
- Take steam: This is the most common and easy way to control sinusitis. The steam helps to break down the excess mucus in the nasal passage and also reduces the inflammation of the sinuses. All you need is water. Heat it up to the required temperature and then inhale the steam. You will get a lot of relief if you do this regularly.
- Nasal Irrigation: This is basically the process of flushing the infected and stale mucus out of the nasal cavity. Take a liter of sterile water, mix one tablespoon of kosher salt and baking soda each. Then with the help of a syringe or a neti pot, wash your nostrils with the solution. The mucus will start coming out and your nasal cavity will clear out.
- Use warm washcloth: Lie down and place a warm washcloth (a washcloth dipped in warm water and wringed) on your forehead and nose region. The warmth from the washcloth will break down the mucus and clear the congestion.
I have problem in my ear. Its pain in about 2 days which medicine I will take in aayurveda and homeopathic.
Continuously spitting, can't able to swallow, pain in below chin and above throat. Quick cure. Very problematic.
See I am 20 ears old boy. My Hand is panning every time. What's are the treatments for this pain please help and proceed mybproblumes.
I am 35 years old and my report of nasal drainage for fungal culture report shows aspergillus species found in culture. Sir is this any infection or not?
Throat pain mainly occurs due to two conditions-'sore throat' or 'strep throat'. Often the terms 'sore throat' and 'strep throat' are used interchangeably, but they don't indicate the same thing. While a sore throat is a condition mostly followed by common cold, runny nose or congestion; strep throat is a bacteria-induced infection. The bacterium called Streptococcus is responsible for strep throat.
The most common reason behind a sore throat is a viral infection like flu or cold. So, if you've a sore throat that is caused by virus, there is no reason to worry as it can be treated easily. But if you are suffering from strep throat or streptococcal infection, then antibiotic drugs for additional treatment will be required to avoid complications.
Signs and symptoms of a strep throat (which indicates that your throat pain is serious and needs attention) include:
- Pain while swallowing food
- Sore throat which usually persists for more than 48 hours
- Small red spots at the roof top of your mouth
- Swollen and red tonsils at times with streaks of pus or white patches
- Swollen, benign lymph nodes in your neck
- Body aches
- Vomiting or feeling of nausea, especially amongst younger children
When these signs and symptoms become noticeable, you need to promptly visit your doctor for test and treatment. And, if the reports indicate strep throat, then your doctor will prescribe you some oral antibiotics to reduce the complications and severity of symptoms so that it doesn't spread to others. You are advised to follow your prescription properly and stay indoors for at least a day after starting your medication.