Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Cosmetic/Plastic Surgeons in India. You will find Cosmetic/Plastic Surgeons with more than 44 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Cosmetic/Plastic Surgeons online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Chin Reduction Treatment
Facial Reconstruction Treatment
Treatment of Mohs Micrographic Surgery
Treatment of Nose Job
Facial Rejuvenation Treatment
Treatment of Gynaecomastia
Tattoo Removal Procedure
Accident Injuries Treatment
Anti Aging Treatment
Cheek Augmentation Procedures
Cleft Lip Treatment
Dimple Creation Procedure
Glycolic Peel Treatment
Cryotherapy/Cold Therapy Treatment
Electrocautery Therapy Treatment
Acne Scars Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Chepauk RameshYour feedback matters!
Sir, I am 20 years young guy, I have smart face n height but not looking because my weight is only 50kgs. Sir, I am a Engineering final year student. Please suggest me, How I can maintain my body. Thanks.
I have started developing pimple on the face and back. And it has started leaving behind marks. The reason of the problem is dandruff as I have consulted a doctor before and it has not been useful. Plzz help.
I have some skin problems. There are black spots on my face. Please tell me some medicines and advise me about some precautions.
I have a 6 inch beard but often get hair falling I am using Vansan start hair oil I want stop hair falling & want to long beard please suggest me some oils thanks.
Hi. I'm losing hair from 1yr Hair fall from 1yr. My hair was thick and rough so, started using head n shoulder shampoo. Now my hair is smooth. But my hair is falling from 1 yr. What shall I do now?
I hava black spot on my back. I was used many creams but it didn't work on me. Then what should I do?
Hlo doctor. I want to erase my tattoo from my hand. How to erase it please help me out with home remedy or other ways.
Hi I am 22 year male my skin tone is dark and have lots of tan on my face please suggest me some cream which can really make my tone fair. I have tried lots of creams and face washes nothing worked for me.
I have itching scars over shoulders and back. It seems to be done by nails. It is lighter in colour than the rest skin. What should I do?
I have pigmentation on my nose and my cheeks, I tried everything to get rid of them but it is of no use. Now I started feeling that it spreading. It is really bothering me a lot as I was known for my radiant skin, fresh look.
I use to have good long and thick hairs but since the last 2 years my hairs are falling and became thinner and my weight has reduced.
Hello sir I am 27 years male. I have suffer from hair loss last 4 years approx. All types of shampoo or oil used, but had no improvement. What can I do for hair loss.
Our skin undergoes certain changes with age. A lifetime of exposure to the sun, habits such as diet and smoking leads to changes in our skin slowly, as we age. As we get older, the skin does not stay as smooth and firm like before. It may also become drier, thinner and more fragile. As we age, the skin also becomes more prone to bruises, which is a result of a smaller amount support around the walls of blood vessels.
Major changes that can be observed in the skin due to ageing are as follows:
- The skin turns rough
- The skin develops lesions like benign tumors
- The skin becomes slack due to the loss of elastic tissues like elastin and collagen and tends to hang loosely
- The skin gets more transparent with age, which is caused as a result of the epidermis thinning down
- The skin slowly turns fragile. This occurs due to flattening of the area where the epidermis and dermis meet
Photoaging: Over time, the harmful ultraviolet rays of the sun cause damage to fibers in the skin known as elastin. Due to the breakdown of the elastin fibers, the skin tends to sag and stretch. The ability to snap back after stretching is lost. The skin gets bruised and tears up very easily and bruises require a longer time to heal. Sun damage shows itself with ageing.
These are the changes, which occur below the surface of the skin because of aging. They include the following:
- Fat is lost under the surface of the skin on the cheeks, chin, nose, eyes (know about to maintain eye health) and temples. This causes loosening of the skin, giving it a bony appearance with sunken eyes.
- Bone loss occurs after attaining the age of sixty, especially around the mouth and chin region. Puckering of the skin in the mouth is indicated.
- Cartilage loss may occur on the nose. This causes the nasal tip to droop down and the bony structure of the nose gets accentuated.
Other changes: Other factors such as gravity, sleeping position and facial movements also cause changes in our skin. When skin elasticity is lost, the eyebrows and eyelids may droop due to gravity. Loosening and fullness of skin is observed under the jaw, cheeks and earlobes. Facial movement lines become prominent with old age and lines appear on the forehead, temples, cheeks and at the root of the nose.
As we become old, several changes in the surface of our skin, as well as beneath the skin are likely. This is natural and occurs in every person. However, proper skin care should be taken, irrespective of your age.
It is not only women who are concerned with their looks as popularly believed, men are as equally concerned about how they look. So, men are no strangers to plastic surgery. They turn to plastic surgery to stay at the top of their game as looking younger, masculine and fit means better chances of achieving success. Physical perfection is considered an imperative if one wishes to rise high in the corporate world.
Here are the top ten most popular cosmetic surgery options that men prefer:
- Rhinoplasty: If you have an oversized or flat nose, undergoing rhinoplasty will change the shape of the nose and restructure it completely.
- Hair transplant: This procedure is extremely popular among men with male pattern baldness.
- Chin enhancement: In this procedure, a silicon implant is placed under the chin to create a new chin shape.
- Gynecomastia: This surgery is also called breast reduction. Genetic problems or weight gain can lead to the development of extra fat tissues in the chest and nipple areas. Gynecomastia corrects this development.
- Abdominoplasty: Skin on the abdomen can stretch and sag if you lose or gain weight, especially if you are getting older. Commonly known as the tummy tuck, abdominoplasty is used to remove extra skin and re-adjust the skin that remains.
- Blepharoplasty: Blepharoplasty is done to correct the appearance and shape of the eyelids. Through this procedure, sagging lower and upper eyelids are tucked into place.
- Otoplasty: This plastic surgery is done to reshape the ears. Some people are usually displeased with the shape, orientation and size of their ears, for example, the ears might protrude too much.
- Liposuction: Formerly obese people who want to shed the last few kilos of unwanted fat usually opt for liposuction. The fat is mostly removed from the arms and belly.
- Neck or face lift: In this procedure, the sagging muscles around the jaw, neck and cheekbones are tautly pulled from certain areas, i.e., rear of the neck, under the hairline and behind the skull. Botox injections can also be used.
- Brow lift: Wrinkled forehead and sagging brows are signs of old age which are caused by loss of skin elasticity. To improve the appearance, surgeons may tightly "pull" the sagging skin, or use Botox injections. Botox freezes small segments of the muscle, thus immobilizing and tightening the skin.