Lybrate.com has an excellent community of General Physicians in India. You will find General Physicians with more than 25 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find General Physicians online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Chenthil
Treatment of Migraine Treatment
Weight Management Treatment
Removal Of Stitches Procedure
Thyroid Problems Treatment
Dressings Of Wounds Procedure
Prevention of Blockage, Atherosclerosis & Heart At
Hiv Prophylaxis Post Exposure
Viral Fever Treatment
Thyroid Disorder Treatment
Stitching Of Wounds Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. ChenthilYour feedback matters!
My mother aged 85 years used to suffer from chronic constipation. About eight weeks back she was operated for a broken left femur and a rod was implanted. For last three weeks she has been suffering from loose motions. We have giving her lopamide, without much success.
Hi I examine my blood sugar at home which was on fasting before breakfast that shows 115 mg is this good test result or should I do any medical test or have any medicine for that.
Masturbation-. Good or bad. I see three different answers from 3 different professional doctors. 1.few say it s bad (most others claim it's a myth) 2.others claim excessive is bad (differs from person to person.in general more than twice a week is bad) 3.Few claim you can masturbate daily also If professional doctors itself has difference of opinions then how come a young adult can come to a conclusion about masturbation. Please clarify why there is a difference of opinion and what is the correct claim?
I am 66 year old man. Last few year I facing problem while breath. I taking pump for this but it not solve my problem.what to do
There are many people worldwide who suffer from heart problems (irrespective of their age and sex). While in most cases, the condition improves with proper treatment and medications, in few, the condition is beyond treatment. A heart transplant comes as a savior for such people. It gives them a new lease of life. The transplant involves replacing a heart that has stopped functioning normally (damaged or may be diseased) with a healthy heart (from the donor).
Over the years, heart transplant has undergone a sea of change. With the advancement of science and technology, the success rate in a heart transplant has seen an exponential rise.
People who need a heart transplant:
A heart transplant may be essential in the following cases.
- A congenital heart disorder (a person born with a heart problem).
- Defective or diseased heart valves.
- Amyloidosis (a condition where amyloid fibrils get deposed in the tissues and organs of the body intracellularly or extracellularly).
- Problems in the coronary artery.
- Cardiomyopathy (A condition where the muscles of the heart become weak, thereby affecting the normal functioning of the heart).
- A heart transplant that failed previously.
- Ventricular Arrhythmias (a condition that originates in the ventricles, in ventricular arrhythmias, the heart rhythms are abnormally rapid).
However, under the following circumstances, a heart transplant may not be a wise idea
- People with infections or chronic lung or kidney disorders.
- A case of cancer in the past.
- Age may be a deciding factor.The recovery from a heart transplant may not be 100% in an aged person.
The heart transplant procedure:
The first step in heart transplant is the availability of a suitable donor. In this case, a donor is a person whose brain is dead but the other organs, including the heart, is healthy and functioning properly. A surgeon performs three operations in a heart transplant.
- The first operation is essentially the removal of the healthy heart from the donor body. The heart is kept in a cool place, preferably ice (to keep the heart alive and in good condition until the heart transplant takes place).
- In the second operation, the recipient's damaged or diseased heart is operated out.The situation may, however, be complicated if the patient had a heart surgery in the past.
- The third and the final surgery involves implanting the donor heart into the recipient body (the recipient's upper heart chambers and the atrial back wall are however not removed).
- Once the implantation takes place (without any complications), the surgeons sew the heart into place.
- The blood vessels are then connected back to the heart and the lungs. The heart starts beating again once it is warmed up.
- To enable the patient to receive the nutrients and oxygen (during the heart transplant), the patient is put on a heart-lung machine.
- If no complications develop after the transplant, the patient is discharged within a fortnight.
In some unfortunate cases, there may be organ rejection. The condition arises when the recipient's immune cells see the transplanted heart as non-self (foreign agents). If left unattended, it may damage the heart. Immunosuppressant drugs can help avert the rejection. However, it is important to monitor the patient closely for any infections that may arise to the administration of the immunosuppressants. In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!
I have some sexual problems. My sex power is not so good. Give me some advise. My wife is not getting pregnant. What to do?
Ejaculation can be considered premature when it occurs 30 seconds to 4 minutes into sex, depending on different cultures, countries and experts. However, it seems that most tend to agree that any sexual intercourse lasting less than 2 minutes can be considered premature ejaculation.These are some of the techniques which once mastered can help you to delay the ejaculation for a while.
- Deep Breathing : Deep breathing is a form of meditation that can sometimes help control the arousal and tension that leads to early ejaculation. Try to spend five seconds breathing in one deep, full breath, hold it for about three seconds, and then exhale for five seconds. If you can do this for about five minutes without breaking the rhythm, you may be able to use it in the bedroom.
- Stop and start method : This begins as a solo exercise. Begin by masturbating alone, bringing yourself close to orgasm and stopping. After relaxing, continue bringing yourself closer and closer to orgasm until you can't hold it any longer. (Doing this several times by yourself without distraction will help you learn where is point of no return is.) When you feel that you have mastered the technique, the couple should engage in sexual activity that stops short of intercourse.Try to incorporate it smoothly into sex and take advantage of the pauses to focus on sources of pleasure other than the penis.
- The squeeze method: This method requires one of the partners to squeeze the penis in the area between the shaft and the glans (for about 30 seconds), at the same point that the stop-and-start technique would be used just before you are about to ejaculate.The idea is to reduce the erection through squeezing. Just as with the stop-and-start method, your should do it on your own first, master it, and then invite your partner to practice the technique with you.
- Kegel exercise:There's no better method to strengthen the pelvic region than to create a strong pubococcygeus muscle (PC muscle), which can help control ejaculation. The easiest way to find this muscle is to see if you can stop the flow of urine when you go to bathroom. It's the PC muscle that you use to do that. Once you find it, practice feeling exactly where it is located and make sure you engage it, rather than using your abdominals, buttocks, or thighs. (These must all stay loose when doing Kegel exercises.) To do Kegels, you will quickly clench and release the PC muscle repeatedly for ten seconds. You should do three sets, with a ten-second break between sets. If you can contract your PC muscle when close to orgasm, you should be able to slow things down.
- Tantric technique:When you approach that point,cease stimulation (i.e., pull out), then contract the PC muscle and lower your chin to your chest (this is important, as it prevents energy from rising too high and making you feel ungrounded). You should then draw in a breath, feeling the warmth of sexual energy rise upwards in your body. Repeat this as needed, until the desire to release is no longer urgent.
Medicinal help is do required in cases of long standing premature ejaculations, Consult privately for complete treatment through the homeopathic way.