Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Endocrinologists in India. You will find Endocrinologists with more than 29 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Endocrinologists online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Chellamariyappan
Treatment Of Erectile Dysfunction
Treatment Of Male Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Thyroid Problems Treatment
Thyroid Disorder Treatment
Diabetic Diet Counseling
Urinary Incontinence (Ui) Treatment
Pre And Post Delivery Care
Sperm Donor Program
Adult Diabetes Treatment
Type 1 Diabetes Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. ChellamariyappanYour feedback matters!
Ideally, undescended testis should be surgically replaced before 1 year of age .
After birth if testis is not in the sack then chances of malignant changes increase with every passing month.
Initially, hormonal therapy may be attempted but if no descent then surgery recommended before 1 year age.
Surgery+hormonal therapy us the best approach to management.
Risk with No Descent of Testis
*Risk of testicular malignancy*this persists to some extent even after descent
*Risk of infertility
*Psychological distress to the child
Successful detection before puberty though doesn't decrease risk of malignancy but helps in detecting changes if any easily.
My wife have a problem of high sugar and suddenly by a week she is facing urine infection and lots of infection there so what to do pls?
The thyroid gland plays a major role in most of the metabolic processes that occur in the body. This is due to the hormones it produces. Disorders in thyroid can go from a little, innocuous goiter (enlarged gland) that needs no treatment, to fetal growth. The most widely recognized thyroid issues include irregular generation of thyroid hormones. Hyperthyroidism is a condition that occurs due to presence of excess thyroid hormones. Inversely, hypothyroidism is caused due to insufficient hormone production. It is common that people with this condition will exhibit symptoms associated with slow metabolism.
There are two genuinely regular reasons for hypothyroidism. The first is a result of past (or current) irritation of the thyroid organ, which leaves a vast amount of the cells of the thyroid harmed (or dead) and unequipped for providing an adequate amount of hormones. The most widely recognized reason for the failure of thyroid organs is called autoimmune thyroiditis (also known as Hashimoto's thyroiditis), a type of thyroid irritation brought about by the patient's own immune system.
The second significant cause is the general class of medical treatments.The treatment of numerous thyroid conditions requires surgical removal of a segment or the greater part of the thyroid gland. In the event that the aggregate mass of thyroid delivering cells left inside the body are insufficient to address the issues of the body, the patient will experience hypothyroidism. It is to be noted that this is regularly the objective of the surgery for thyroid cancer.
Symptoms of hypothyroidism include weakness, constipation, memory loss, irritability, fatigue, etc. It is totally treatable in numerous patients basically by taking a little pill once per day. However, it is usually more complicated. The medication comes in different varieties, which implies that a fitting dose can quite often be found for every patient and be re-assessed annually. A few patients will notice a slight decrease in indications in 1 to 2 weeks, yet the full metabolic reaction to thyroid hormone treatment is regularly deferred for a month or two preceding the patient feels totally typical. It is imperative that the right measure of thyroid hormone is used. After around a month's treatment, hormone levels are measured in the blood to set up whether the dosage of thyroid hormone, which the patient is taking is proper.
I am 32 years old. In my tsh report I got tsh=5.96 according to Dr. Lal path lab report. Now what should I do?
Good after noon sir/madam my father is diabetes from last 10years and present his sugar level is control and present his is 52years old his two legs are wounded in that left leg wound is recovering and right leg is too problem and another two wounds are coming for two legs in initial stage daily we are taking treatment from diabetes doctor please solve my problem for this site there is no image option other wise I can send image for your understanding.
I am 60 years old men. Blood glucose parameters. Fasting - 121 mg/ dl. Bl glucose (PP) 128 mg / dl. Mean blood glucose level 154.2 mg/ dl. HbA1c value 7.0%.pl offer remarks on my health status relating to diabetic condition and suggest ways and means to keep health without (Homeopathy or allopathic) pills/ tablets.
I am 42 years old and had fasting glucose level of 5.15 mmol/l. The last gtt showed that after two hours of taking food the glucose level is still high. My family had hereditary diabetic signs. I would like to ask you, if I am prone to diabetics at any stage. I weight 68 kgs with height 5.2.
Diabetes is a lifestyle disease that results in high blood sugar levels in the body. It basically means that the body is either insensitive to insulin or the insulin production levels in the body go down. The various symptoms of diabetes are blurred vision, weight loss and hunger.
Some other symptoms of diabetes are:
- Excessive urine output
- Wounds that take time to heal
- Yeast infections
- You may experience fatigue on a regular basis
- Frequent Mood Changes
Diabetes is also known as a Lifestyle disease. From the food you eat to the amount of activity, they are all connected to diabetes prevention. The various modifications that you may carry out to prevent diabetes are:
- Exercise: You should exercise on a regular basis as it increases your overall wellbeing. It helps you to lose weight and allows you to maintain optimal blood sugar levels. It can also improve your body's sensitivity to insulin to prevent blood sugar problems. Exercise helps in increasing endorphin levels in the body which are responsible for keeping you happy and satiated, thereby avoiding depression and over-eating.
- Eat more whole grains: Unlike simple carbohydrates, whole grains are complex carbohydrates that raise your blood sugar steadily instead of spiking it suddenly. Avoid refined grains as most of the important nutrients are stripped from refined grains. A Well-balanced diet with adequate amounts of PUFA/MUFA help in increasing the insulin sensitivity, reducing cholesterol and heart problems, etc.
- Eat a lot of fiber: If you have type 2 diabetes, you should be, including high-fiber foods in your diet is a healthy way to control high blood sugar. Fiber does not raise blood glucose levels. Because it is not broken down by the body, the fiber in an apple or a slice of whole grain bread has no effect on blood glucose levels because it isn't digested. The grams of fiber can actually be subtracted from the total grams of carb you are eating if you are using carbohydrate counting for meal planning. Fiber helps you in feeling satiated, thus prevents you from overeating. It also improves your blood sugar levels and decreases your chances of getting affected by heart disease.
- Lose weight: You should aim to maintain a healthy weight level as it also decreases the risk of diabetes. It also helps in improving your cardiovascular health. Follow a regimen, which is based on a balanced diet and moderate amount of exercise. Losing weight is the best way to keep diabetes away. Weight is something that we can keep under control. The waist size of men and women should not be more than 150 cm and 90 cm respectively. Always maintain your ideal body weight as per your BMI (Body Mass Index). Globally, obesity is one of the leading causes of diabetes.
- Avoid sugary drinks: With ten teaspoons of sugar in every 12-ounce can or bottle, sweet drinks can send your blood sugar soaring and boost your risk for weight gain, high blood pressure, stroke, and heart disease. One sugary drink a day adds 150 empty calories and 40 to 50 grams of blood-sugar-raising carbohydrates to your diet, and can lead to a weight gain of 15 pounds per year. Switching to healthier drinks can save hundreds of calories and a lot of carbohydrates.
- Avoid Stress: When you are stressed, your blood sugar levels rise. Stress hormones like epinephrine and cortisol kick in since one of their major functions is to raise blood sugar to help boost energy when it's needed most. You can't fight danger when your blood sugar is low, so it rises to help meet the challenge. Both physical and emotional stress can prompt an increase in these hormones, resulting in an increase in blood sugars and diabetes. Ensuring a stress-free life is very important if you want to stay away from diabetes. Avoid stress by going out for garden-walks, indulging in social causes/activities, yoga, meditation, etc.
In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!