Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Endocrinologists in India. You will find Endocrinologists with more than 42 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Endocrinologists online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Adult Diabetes Treatment
Treatment of Thyroid Disease in Children
Thyroid Disorder Treatment
Thyroid Problems Treatment
Type 1 Diabetes Treatment
Treatment Of Childhood Diabetes
Diabetic Diet Counseling
Dilatation And Curettage (D C) Procedure
Egg Donation Procedure
Treatment Of Erectile Dysfunction
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Food Plan Preparation
Submit a review for Dr. ChellamariyappanYour feedback matters!
Am 29 yrs old. I got goiter surgery at my age 19. Till now no problem in my health. Is it create any problem during child birth. My weight and periodic cycle are normal.
I am a 23 year old female having hypo thyroidism. I have hair growth problem. Can you suggest me one solution for that.
My mom suffering from diabetes. Her sugar level is sometimes very low or some times very high. Pls. Give me some tips.
I am suffering from huge hairfall. My head is becoming bald. Please suggest some medicine to prevent this hairfall and please also suggest medicine of thyroid because I am suffering from this disease since 1 year.
My wife is having sugar before fasting in the morning is 265 and after fasting it was 355 - medicines taking 1) galvus Met 50/500 one at 9 am after breakfast and at 6 pm after dinner 2) Olmy 40 for pressure at 9 am only once c) Amaryl -2 mg at 9 am only once d) Pirmacal AT at 9 am only once- Guide a) Are the tablets ok any other recommendation if any - Please advice.
How about a similar contrast between honey and sugar? How much sugar can a non-diabetic adult consume daily?
I am an insulin patient, also having regular alopathic medicine course. Also have thyroid and high BP. Do you have any remedy in Ayurvedic medicines for the same?
I am suffering from hypothyroidism for last 3 yrs. In September last year my TSH was 7.2. My endocrinologist started 112.5 mg Thyronorm. In November my TSH was 1.24 but I felt extremely weak, tremors in limbs, loss of appetite, loss of libido. But still my endocrinologist asked me to continue 112.5 mg Thyronorm. In December TSH was 1.56. In March this year I again had problems of extreme weakness, tremors in limbs, loss of appetite, loss of libido I discontinued Thyronorm and in April my TSH was 19.2. My endocrinologist asked me certain tests.. My total testosterone is 260 Blood glucose fasting 107, pp 97 Vit B 12 423, Vit D3 4.2 In April my endocrinologist again started 112.5 mg Thyronorm but I followed my own advise I. E. For first 5 days 112.5 mg and next 5 days 100 mg and a On May 27 my TSH is 3.71, FT3 2.5, FT4 1.31. Now I am taking 75 mg Thyronorm for last 5 days. Is it correct dosage, is my Vit B 12 level of 423 normal. My free testosterone is 5.2 is it normal or low. Pl advise My lipid profile, LFT is normal Sodium is 145, calcium 9.2. Hba1c 6.4, ABG 137 Pl advise reason of my extreme weakness, loss of appetite, loss of libido and erection I also take Amodep 5 mg for hypertension Pl suggest detailed diagnosis a d treatment I would prefer advise from GP and endocrinologist.
My wife age is 51 years she is suffering from snoring last 1 year and also thyroid please give me correct suggestion.
Natural therapies are a great option to support your body and prepare it for pregnancy. As with any approach trying to decrease the chance of miscarriage, these steps will help to nourish and support the body, inviting a healthy pregnancy to occur.
Preparing ahead of time for your pregnancy is also important for decreasing the chance of a miscarriage, these steps must be practiced for at least 3 months before you become pregnant again. If you are currently experiencing a miscarriage consult a doctor or midwife right away.
1. Prepare for conception: The first step is to prepare your body with fertility cleansing. Fertility cleansing helps you to support the liver in cleansing the body of old toxins and excess hormones while encouraging the uterus to cleanse itself of ‘old’ contents, increasing uterine circulation and tone.
2. Eat a nutrient dense fertility diet: The next step is to nourish and build up your body to be a healthy, baby friendly body. This can be done through eating a well balanced and nutritious diet. What you eat has a strong impact on:
- The health of your eggs
- Your hormonal balance
- Creating a healthy placenta
- Decreases chance of a miscarriage
- Building nutrient storage for baby
- Creating a healthy reproductive system
3. Build a healthy foundation: One of the major foundational steps to increase your chance of having a healthy pregnancy is to take some basic vitamins, minerals, and EFA’s. There are specific vitamins and minerals that are necessary for a healthy reproductive system, hormonal balance, and ovulation. Essential fatty acids are also extremely important for miscarriage prevention.
4. Apply fertility or abdominal massage: Another important element of promoting a healthy conception is to increase circulation to the uterus. Through applying a simple massage method called self fertility massage you are able to increase the circulation to the uterus, clear adhesions and congestion.
I'm suffering from gastric and also from obesity. Doctor advised me to maintain proper diet. He advised me to reduce rice, potato & sugar. What will be the best way to follow the diet?
Sugar addiction is basically a relentless sugar craving that is triggered in the brain due to mental hunger or an inherent sweet tooth. Yet, excessive sugar is not a good thing in the long run. It can lead to diabetes and various other issues like high cholesterol, hypertension, and obesity. Also, people whose grandparents have suffered from diabetes need to be especially careful of such sweet cravings as it may trigger the same problem in them too. So how can you cut sugar out of your life? Here's a list of tips.
- Detox or Gradual Scaling Down: While many people are in favour of gradually scaling down your sugar intake and slowly cutting it out of your life in a matter of weeks and months, there are experts who believe in stopping intake of it. A clean break from sugar is said to have a beneficial detox like effect on the brain and body. Many experts recommend cutting sugar out of your life in one clean swipe.
- Replacements: Using other substances like honey or even extracts from the Stevia plant are known to be a good replacement plan for cutting down your sugar addiction. You can start by introducing your system to these replacements in your daily beverages like tea, coffee or lemonade, before moving on to the use of organic honey for desserts and baking, as well as other sugar-free desserts and puddings.
- Fruits: The best way to get your sugar indulgence fixed is to have a good dose of fruit. This can help in giving you a good amount of dietary sugars which are natural and do not harm the body in the long run. Also, fruits are a healthy way of ingesting sugar even as you get valuable nutrients, vitamins and mineral - one arrow, many targets!
- Clean Up: Take a walk around your home and find all those secret candy stashes. Also, look for your dessert and pudding trays in the fridge. Now take all this out and give them away or trash them. Once you remove the option of snacking on sugary treats, you will be in a better place to avoid it altogether.
- Magnesium: Your chocolate craving might actually be a call for magnesium that your body is missing out on. Similarly, a mental hunger pang may actually be a need for water or some solid food. Avoid the sugary rush and take the healthy route instead, with the help of nuts and dairy.
Controlling your sugar addiction can save you from various ailments even as it gives you a healthier lifestyle.