Lybrate.com has an excellent community of General Physicians in India. You will find General Physicians with more than 44 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find General Physicians online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment of Migraine Treatment
Weight Management Treatment
Removal Of Stitches Procedure
Thyroid Problems Treatment
Dressings Of Wounds Procedure
Prevention of Blockage, Atherosclerosis & Heart At
Hiv Prophylaxis Post Exposure
Viral Fever Treatment
Thyroid Disorder Treatment
Stitching Of Wounds Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. ChandranYour feedback matters!
I am suffering from stammering disease. Is this curable. If yes. please give me some tips. How to overcome from this disease.
I am 61 years old and suffering from diabetes since last 15 years, which has always been under control with oral medication. MY H1B AC remaining 6-6.4 always. For the last one year I am observing my creatinine level has been gradually rising from 0.9 to 1.09 and blood urea from 28 to 35. Even though all seems to be in range would like to know of preventive medicine so that create nine and urea level do not rise further. There are no proteins in urine and urine micro-albumin is 5.0. Would appreciate if you could advise.
My mother was admitted in hospital for brain problem. In ICU ON VENTILATOR. Doctors are saying she is suffering hypoxic brain issue. Please help me to get her recover asap from this.
I have a 4.5 inch penis I wanted to make it larger, I am a tall guy I should at least 6 to 7 inches, kindly suggest me.
I was having bleeding from ear. I had consulted 3 ents. 2 said I have severe nose allergy one said I have swelling in nerve. I am having medicines prescribed by the the 3rd Ent but still I have ear pain and half head. Its been a mo the now. What could be the reason. What should I do now? Please suggest.
We all look forward to the burst of rain after a long hot summer and the cool autumn breeze that follows the rains. What we don’t look forward to is the sneezing runny noses and coughs that accompany this change in weather. Seasonal flus are very common but they can be prevented by eating right. Some foods that can help prevent colds and coughs include:
- Garlic: Garlic is a powerful antioxidant that can boost the immune system and help you fight the flu. One of the major compounds found in garlic is known as allicin. This has antibacterial and anti-microbial properties. Garlic also promotes the growth of healthy gut bacteria that keeps your digestive system functioning efficiently and prevents toxins from accumulating inside your body. Garlic can be easily added to your diet by using fresh garlic pods to flavor your food.
- Turmeric: Turmeric is one of the healthiest spices known to man. This is rich in anti-oxidants and also has anti-inflammatory properties. Turmeric helps remove toxins from the body and is known to boost the immune system. It is a popular ingredient in many curries and is typically used in its powdered form.
- Green Leafy Vegetables: Green vegetables such as kale, spinach, and arugula are rich sources of vitamin C. This vitamin is known to fight viruses and reduce the risk of catching a cold. These vegetables are also rich in fiber and aid in digestion and removal of waste from the body. When picking green vegetables it is important to note that the darker the shade of green, the higher the nutrient content.
- Chicken Soup: Chicken soup is a popular home remedy for the flu. It can also be used to prevent a flu and boost the immune system. This is because a clear chicken soup or broth has concentrated amounts of proteins and vitamins that boost the immune system. Chicken soup should always be consumed while it is hot so that the hot liquid can loosen mucus secretions soothe an itchy throat.
- Salmon: Fish such as salmon, canned tuna and sardines and egg yolks have a high level of Vitamin D. As the length of a day reduces and grey clouds hide the sun, it is important for your body to get enough vitamin D through your diet. This vitamin helps fight colds and coughs and helps those suffering from it to recover faster.
- Water: In addition to eating right, it is also important to keep your body hydrated. This allows the nutrients to reach all the parts of your body and aids in the removal of waste and toxins. Thus, though you may not feel thirsty, it is essential to drink 8 to 10 glasses of water a day. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a Dietitian/Nutritionist.
Hello doctor help me I have high fever its almost kill me, please doctor help me and what should I do?
I wanna fatty body now I am bone body so my weight is bone weight because I want good muscle and healthy body so what I do.
Earlier I got nightfall 10 times at least in a month this cause myself so weak by health and I am so slim but not fit. Please help me.
Sir meri wife ka 29 june 2016 ko C SECTION hua tha aur 2 month 16 day ki baby girl hai sir unka body sooj gaya hai aur night me bo 5 or 6 baar urine bhi jati aur bahut thrust bhin lagata hai sir batay ki ye sab symptoms delivery ke baad normal hai ya phir unko diabetes ho gayi hai sir diabetes bala byakti kitne time tak jinda rahta hai aur aage me kya karoon.
My penis day by day getting shrinking slowly and not expected fat my wife is not satisfied what to do?
I am a social smoker, almost 3 to 5 cigarettes per day and smoking for past 10 years, now I am 30 and I have some breathing trouble. When I stop smoking for 2 days it will reduce, but for me it is very tough to stop totally. So can you advice how to stop? Or any medicines available to control and stop this smoking/ or to get relief from this breathing trouble.
Hi doc, suggest me the food for my mom (58 yr) which not only maintains and increases blood circulation in legs i.e. Varicose veins issue.
Here are top 9 benefits of Beetroot-
1) Controls blood pressure
2) Builds immunity, fights Anemia
3) Regulates Blood Sugar
4) Detoxifies Liver
5) Helps in Bowel movement and digestion
6) Promotes in foetal growth
7) Is fabulous for skin and hair health
8) Is rich in antioxidants
9) Is a good source of Vitamin A (good for eye sight)
From Lybrate: If you found this tip useful, please thank the doctor by clicking on the heart icon below. Also, spread good health by sharing this tip with your loved ones.
Sir I feel my pennis is small I am married normal 4cm on sex 9cm sir, when I in 10th standard I started hand job own sex still now any problem when sex with wife.
I am suffering from asthma problem since 2004. I have taken treatment through allopathic till 05 years but could not be corrected. Now I had leaved take medicine but sometimes in winter season goes be much problem in breath. So, kindly suggest us solution. My age is 30 years.
I have coryza and cold from last two months. I am suffering from it almost always. What to do in this case and how to avoid it for a long time. Please suggest me with your best acknowledgement.
I have scars all over my body. Its still visible. Its been 2 months I got recovered from chicken pox.
Pregnancy can be a tricky time for most women, although it is not a pathological condition. One must be prepared for pregnancy with the best of health in the pre pregnancy period. This also includes women who are suffering from diabetes. The complications during pregnancy and delivery increase manifold if one has not controlled the glucose and blood sugar levels before getting pregnant. So read on to know more about coping with pregnancy if you happen to have diabetes.
Complications: Pregnancy with diabetes can cause severe complications if the blood sugar levels are not controlled properly before pregnancy. This can cause the diabetes to become even worse in the long run, with the onset of various other related ailments like kidney disease, heart disease, eye problems and more. It can also increase the risk of premature delivery, and too much birth weight of the baby as well as low glucose levels right after the baby’s birth. Further, one can also lose the baby to a miscarriage due to excessively high blood sugar levels. This can also affect the glucose and blood sugar level of the baby as the glucose passes through the body.
Related conditions: If you happen to have high blood sugar levels, then you and your baby can get affected in an adverse way. To begin with, you may come down with severe depression regarding how you will be able to manage your diabetes and pregnancy together, and also due to the implications of the condition after the birth of the baby. It can also cause a condition called Preeclampsia in which the pregnant woman’s blood pressure becomes high and too much protein starts to pass from the urine, which can also result in frequent urination and life threatening defects and problems for you and the baby. In such cases, you will have to be hospitalised and the baby will need to be delivered via a C section or a Caesarean Section.
Planning ahead: If you know that you are trying to conceive, the best way is to be fully prepared well in advance. This includes planning ahead for managing the blood sugar levels and keeping the risk of other ailments at bay. You can start by losing excessive weight and seek treatment to bring down the blood sugar levels. Exercising and watching your diet are also some good ways to ensure that your Type 1 or Type 2 diabetes is in control.
Medical Team: It is pertinent to be in touch with your medical team on a constant basis. This team should include the obstetrician and gynaecologist as well as your regular doctor to whom you can report any changes.
Keep health close to your heart when you are pregnant by taking care of all existing ailments.