Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Neurologists in India. You will find Neurologists with more than 25 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Neurologists online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Electroconvulsive Therapy (Ect) Treatment
Assistive Walking Device Training
Radiofrequency Neurotomy Procedure
Surgery Of The Facial Nerve
Brain Suite Treatment
Brain Tumor Surgery
Cerebral Palsy Treatment
Cerebral Vascular Surgery
Csf Rhinorrhoea Repair Procedure
Decompression Microvascular Surgery
Deep Brain Stimulation Procedure
Treatment of Nerve And Muscle Disorders
Treatment of Neurological Problems
Treatment of Paralysis
Submit a review for Dr. ChandramowliYour feedback matters!
I have migraine problem since my college days. Now im 35. Its frequent now a days. And severe. Tried many medicines.
I am 26 years old male and I am suffering from migraine. What should I do? Pls give me some suggestions.
I am suffering from migraine. Many a times I have to face severe attacks of headache. Many a times I require allopathic injections for the headache to subside. Please prescribe a medicine that will help me get rid of headache.
Meri mom ki age h 45. Meri mom k pair mai dard hota hai or pair mai chanchanahat hoti hai pair sunn ho jata hai. Elbow mai bi dard hota 1year se aisa ho rha h ab toh jyada hota h. Give me a some better tips.
My sister was. Accident in bike. She had head injury two cracked in brain little brain was cracked. Doctor said that she had critical to operate. What will do. Pls give me suggestion.
My husband suffering from genetic problem like parkinson. What treatment is that by stem cells pls tell where.
Can anyone please suggest me what could be the possible reason for burning sensation and vibrations in legs? Even normal, uric acid normal, no slip disc, hlab 27 negative, anti gad negative, anti vgkc negative, haemoglobin normal, sugar level normal? Please help me? Is there any possibility of heart blockage?
Seizure - Sudden surge in electrical activity of the brain; which affects how a person looks or behaves for a short time.
Epilepsy - Two or more seizures separated by a time duration of 24 hours, with reversible causes of seizures having been ruled out.
Be Calm -
- You must be calm. Reassure People.
- Place a soft object below the head.
- Be Reassuring and friendly as the person recovers.
- Ensure that the person does not hurt themselves by removing objects that may injury them.
- Always time every attack. The time beginning of the attack until the person regains composure and awareness.
If fallen - Position
- Turn the person gently to one side - Recovery Position. This will ensure airway remains patent and prevent aspiration.
Never to do
- DO NOT hold the person down or try to stop the movements.
- DO NOT try to force open the mouth or insert hard objects like wooden sticks, spoons or finger, as this will increase injury to you and the patient.
Once Person recovers, offer him help to reach his residence or hospital, if he seems confused and dazed. Be Reassuring and Friendly as person recovers.
- Epilepsy Foundation
- Indian Epilepsy Centre
Fructose a sugar common in the western diet can damage hundreds of brain genes in a way that could lead to a range of diseases from diabetes to cardiovascular disease and from Alzheimer's to attention deficit hyperactivity disorders.
Among the conditions that can be amused by alterations to those genes are Parkinson's disease depression bipolar disorder and other brain diseases.
My father has been hospitalized on last september due to some neurological problem and he is absolutely ok now, but the problem is he is now diabetic patient and taking insulin pen injection after dinner. Please suggest how to reduce the blood sugar and how can he lead his normal life. His sugar is 155 in Glucometre taken before breakfast.
My mother is surrounded by the disease of clotting in brain, now she feels heavy ness in head what should we do?
My wife has migraine related to head. Her half portion starts paining sometimes. What should we do to Decrease her pain? Please suggest any remedy.
In modern days, migraine has become a common disease that affects the young and the old equally. Migraine as such cannot be cured, but improving lifestyle and Ayurvedic medication can help you keep this disease under control and improve your quality of life.
What is Migraine?
Migraine, commonly known as Sooryavarta in Ayurveda, is a medical condition in which the excessive stimulation of the blood vessels in the brain causes a throbbing pain on one side of the head and is associated with nausea, sensitivity and vomiting. This happens because the vomiting centre of the brain gets activated during an episode. These symptoms are the most common signs; however, it varies from person to person.
What Causes Migraines?
These headaches worsen upon sunrise and it is at its peak at noon, when the sun is at its highest intensity and slowly subsides on sunset. This is one of the major factors in setting in an episode; it is not true in every case.
The other triggers that cause migraine attacks according to Ayurveda are:
- Spicy and oily food
- Stress, anger, grief, jealousy
- Suppressed emotions or natural urges
- Consumption of too much of dry, salty and pungent food
- Consuming polluted food
General triggers may include:
- Smoking and drinking
- Physical stress and exercise
- Fluctuation in hormone levels during the menstrual cycle or the use of birth control pills
- Stopping intake of tea or coffee suddenly
- Stress to sensory organs in the form of bright noises, bright lights, strong perfumes or odours etc.
Certain foods or beverages may also trigger an episode of migraine. These include baked foods, chocolates, processed foods, spicy foods, onions, dairy products and peanuts. These kinds of foods are known to suddenly increase Kapha dosha or Pitta Dosha and as a result, trigger an attack.
Symptoms of Migraine-
It is usually characterised by a stinging, throbbing pain on one side of the head and is followed by nausea and vomiting. Some people may get visual aberrations called an aura- such as blind spots, blurred visions, distorted lines etc.
Ayurvedic medications that can help migraine are:
- Indian licorice – Glycyrrhiza glabra
- Sariva – Hemidesmus indicus
- Hareetaki – Chebulic myrobalan-Terminalia chebula
- Amalaki – amala – Emblica officinalis
- Mallika – Jasminum officinale
- Hareetaki – Chebulic myrobalan-Terminalia chebula
- Bala – Sida cordifolia
- Kumari – Aloe vera
- Sariva – Hemidesmus indicus
Simple home remedies useful in migraine:
- Tender leaves of jasmine or tender leaves of pomegranate are taken along with a pinch of salt and crushed well to obtain fresh juice. Early in the morning, preferably in empty stomach, 2-3 drops of this fresh juice is instilled to both the nostrils. Procedure is repeated once again evening hours (6-7 pm). This reduces the severity of headache in migraine.
- One fist full of Doorva grass (cynodan dactylon) is taken and its fresh juice is obtained. To this, 2 pinch of licorice powder is added and mixed well. This is consumed during the noon hours. Procedure is repeated for 20-30 days. This helps to reduce the severity of illness significantly.
- Take coriander seed powder – 1 teaspoon. add it to one cup of water, leave it as it is at night, next day morning, drink it on empty stomach.
- Soak 5 raisins and 5 almonds in water at night, next day morning, eat them. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult an ayurveda and ask a free question.
Since last 3 years my mother is suffering from numbness in hands during nights. Recently, it has started occurring in her legs also. Why is it happening and how to solve this problem at its best? please help.
I'm suffering from inner nerve pain from last one week. Please can you give me any suggestion and medic.
I am 36 years old and I am suffering with migraine since 3 years. Some times its complications are very painful for me. Please tell me some precautions in migraine. I also wants to know whats are the precautions and complications of migraine?
The neurologist has prescribed aten-50, cilacar-10. Rebiprazole-20, revortril0. 5 & rejunex cd3 for me for shaking of body and hypertension. Please Advise me are these medicines appropriate?
Apart from affecting your memory, health and looks, sleep deprivation can lead to decreased physical intimacy as well. People who have trouble sleeping often face difficulty in coping with their relationships, as with almost all aspects of their lives. Similarly, in the modern world of continuous work pressure and fast paced lifestyle, stress generally takes away all the energy required to enjoy a fulfilling sex life.
The following are some of the ways chronic sleep disorders and stress may affect your sex life:
- Mood swings: Sleep disorders often lead to perpetual mood swings. It can make a person grumpy and quarrelsome. If you're sleep deprived, you may get very agitated even by minor stress. This can hurt interaction between you and your partner, leading to a disruptive relationship in the bedroom.
- Anxiety: Increased levels of anxiety and stress attributed to lack of sleep can lead to loss of sexual function and even sexual disorders at times. Lack of sleep generally decreases your experience of positive emotions, which may lead to pessimism and subsequently lack of sexual interest.
- Decreased social activity: Lack of sleep may decrease your likelihood of engaging in social interactions. People with sleep disorders usually avoid social engagements, as they believe it may disrupt their sleep patterns. They rearrange their sleeping patterns by avoiding social interactions, which leaves them with lesser opportunities to meet with people of the opposite sex, thereby affecting their sex lives.
So, what you should do?
- Focus on getting rid of other stressful issues from your life: Common tensions of your daily life and everyday issues like the normal household chores, and your duties and responsibilities towards your family often leave you too exhausted to spend time with your partner. Moreover, getting preoccupied with social commitments also minimises the time available for just the two of you.
- Go to sleep and wake up at roughly the same time everyday to tune your sleep cycle. Avoid waking up late into night as far as possible.
- Avoid afternoon sleep or take only a nap.
- Don't take heavy foods, big and late meals.
- Eat at least 2-3 hrs before sleep.
- Avoid coffee and tea in the night.
- Don't get glued to the tv, computer, or mobile till sleep time. Shut them down 30 mins. before retiring to bed.
- Read something calming, meditate, or listen to quiet music just before sleeping.
- Regular workouts helps you get good sleep.
- Avoid serious discussions, work or complex decisions 2-3 hrs before sleep. If any of them bother you much, jot them down on a paper. That will lighten your mind help you get better sleep.
If sexual problems and concerns make you sleepless, seek help from a sex counselor. If your sleep problems are due to work in shifts or night-only shifts, take the help of a specialist in sleep problems. This way you can overcome sexual problems arising out of sleep disturbances, and have an improved sex life.