Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Neurologists in India. You will find Neurologists with more than 31 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Neurologists online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment of Neurological Problems
Treatment of Nerve And Muscle Disorders
Treatment of Paralysis
Cerebral Palsy Treatment
Brain Tumor Surgery
Electroconvulsive Therapy (Ect) Treatment
Surgery Of The Facial Nerve
Radiofrequency Neurotomy Procedure
Spine Surgery Treatment
Traumatic Brain Injury (Tbi) Treatment
Treatment of Traumatic Brain Injury (Tbi)
Assistive Walking Device Training
Vagus Nerve Stimulation ( Epilepsy )
Submit a review for Dr. ChandramouleswaranYour feedback matters!
My mother in law (55) is suffering from Meningioma for last 3 years which causes severe headache & burning sensation during any time of the day lasting from few minutes to several hours. 3 years ago she suddenly got paralysis attack after which the problem arise as told by the consulted doctor after which she has undergone for 3 MRI diagnosis. The last MRI was done last month which quoted" approx. 2.5×2.1×1.8 cm sized extra axial hyperintense lesion in posterior fosa on right side, this lesion is mildly compressing right cerebellar hemisphere. Neoplastic lesion? Meningioma. Is it a benign or malignant? please guide us what treatment should be best for it.
Multiple small discreet to confluent hyperintense area on the surface of outer aspect of right parotid gland on stir sequence" what does it mean?
Sir I have a migraine problem what should I do to get rid of this problem pls help me out sir seee ahead.
When I ask a question in class or answer I suddenly start to feel tremors in my legs and hand. I become block by mind for 10 to 30 sec or even. please suggest appropriate remedy and reasons.
Not getting sleep in night time, though I am not sleeping at night times I am very energetic in day time in office. I am getting sleep only after 6 am morning sometimes it is very worse. In fact I will not sleep for 2 days continuously. Earlier I used oxetol 600 mg for 3 years for epilepsy and from past 6 months I stopped the medication as doctor told me to use it for 2 to 3 years I am getting angry very easily why this is happening don't know.
I have migraine, what prescription should I follow. I have been facing this from last 7 years and getting worst some times.
His head is paining since 3 years sometimes it pains a lot doctors ary saying that he has a migraine or something.
I am suffering from Parkinsons disease (Parkinsonism PSP) for the last six years. Initially I had some tremors in the right leg, which has spread to the right hand also. Consequently, my writing became smaller and today I am not able to write anything in length. My voice has also become slurry and since last October I have developed some imbalancing problem also. As a result I can fall backwards while standing. My MRIs are clear. Recently I had TRUDAT scan which says that ' There is an overall relative decrease in 99m Tc trodat uptake in bilateral striata : mild reduction in uptake in the right side and moderate on the left side.' Moreover, I have a tendency of walking on toes. There is hypomimia and altered speech as described above with Myerson's sign positive. May please advise as to how to prevent the falls. I am residing in Delhi.
Sir, I am 25 years old. I did masturbation four years and I became very weak physically and also my both hands have been shivering since last 4 years. I consulted many but I could not get relief from hand shivering and weakness. I think hand shivering due to nerve problem OR not then what should I do.
Epilepsy is a brain triggered disorder that can result in the affected person having seizures or convulsions of the body. Such convulsions last about a few minutes and the person undergoing epileptic seizure might be unaware of what’s happening to him/her during those brief moments. They may recover and appear disoriented for a few minutes more.
Epilepsy can’t be cured but is treated through medicines called anticonvulsant drugs.
- Epilepsy is a neurological disorder brought about due to unusual electrical activity in the brain
- The person having the disorder can have episodes of seizures where there can be sudden involuntary movements of the person’s whole body and shaking of the arms and legs lasting a few minutes
- The condition can occur to anybody irrespective of age but children seem to suffer more from the condition following a head injury or emotional trauma
- Electroencephalogram or EEG is the best way for the doctor to understand the exact nature of the disorder and this will help in the treatment.
- Treatment through drugs is the most popular way of keeping the convulsions under check
- Medically, if the patient goes without seizures for a few years under regular medication then there is every possibility the person may not suffer further convulsions
- Apart from medication, dietary regulations have also been adopted by many physicians to treat the condition. Low carb and high protein items are advised as a way to reduce/stop the epileptic seizures
- In some cases, the doctor might decide to conduct a surgery to remove the aberrant part of the brain to treat the individual for epilepsy
- People with epilepsy have to take a lot of precautions in their daily routines to avoid getting seriously injured if they were to suffer a sudden attack of seizures
- Driving and swimming are to be avoided by them
- People standing around can help reduce the suffering by turning the person over to one side and offering a support to the head. Care can also be taken to remove any object that can cause injury to the person while having the convulsions.
- Some doctors study the pattern of the seizures occurring and help in regulating them in such a manner that the person gets the convulsions only in the nights while asleep
- This can limit the damage done to the person and can also help the person in going about normal routines
- Parents must inform the school authorities if their children suffers from epilepsy so that they can provide first aid to such students immediately if episodes occur in school
Epilepsy is a brain-related disorder that can cause the person to go through involuntary shaking of the body and the limbs. It is usually treated with drugs. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a Neurosurgeon.