Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Neurologists in India. You will find Neurologists with more than 42 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Neurologists online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment of Neurological Problems
Treatment of Nerve And Muscle Disorders
Treatment of Paralysis
Cerebral Palsy Treatment
Brain Tumor Surgery
Electroconvulsive Therapy (Ect) Treatment
Surgery Of The Facial Nerve
Radiofrequency Neurotomy Procedure
Spine Surgery Treatment
Traumatic Brain Injury (Tbi) Treatment
Treatment of Traumatic Brain Injury (Tbi)
Assistive Walking Device Training
Vagus Nerve Stimulation ( Epilepsy )
Submit a review for Dr. ChandramouleswaranYour feedback matters!
Sir how to concentrate on study. I am preparing for exam can't concentrate too much. I am not addictive to any kind of addiction like smoking drinking etc. I am losing interest in study I don't know why this is happening. I was an average student but now I am getting worser. My question is 1.What should I do to overcome this problem. 2.Is there medicine required for concentration?
Aged 47 years male ,am suffering from insomnia & body clock disorder, cannot sleep without 40 mg of Zolfrsh, and anxiety remains through out the day . Please treat me.
My wife has been diagnosed for Parkinson's Disease grade I in January 2016. We are finding that her skin gets dried up and she is getting wrinkles. She is 55 years old. We have been living on vegetarian diet with less oil and little spices and hotel food is limited. Anxiety and depressions are there due to this condition. Otherwise she is fine. Regular exercises and positive attitude has helped her to get rid of masking and her eyes are back to being bright. Please advise us on which high end creams she can use for face and arms. Also her hair is dull and dryness leads to dandruff. She is allergic to perfumes and hence we prefer neutral. We use hydrofil as a moisturizer. Also, we are using soap free face wash and soaps based on glycerine or from khade. Thanks in advance for your guidance.
I want to know the name of sleeping pills .which is easily available and work fine in the case of insomnia.
I am suffering from Depression and Insomnia for the past 27 years and I am taking treatment with a Psychiatrist. I am taking powerful sedatives and Anti-Depressants, still I don't get deep sleep during night and am not fresh at all in the morning and I can't wake up early in the morning. So I can't go to a Job. There are so many side-effects are there. One such side-effect is Gastric trouble! I can't shit one time! Few hours after shitting again I feel like shitting! How to get rid of this Problem? Please suggest me Doctor!
Hello sir, I have problem of migraine and high blood pressure so what I do to control? Please tell me.
My wife had a fall in kitchen a month ago. Mri was done. Now she is ok and can walk easily. However in some area in leg she does not feel any sensation. Please Guide and help.
Neurological disorders are problems with any one or a combination of the central nervous system or any of its peripheral systems such as cranial nerves, neuromuscular junctions, and the autonomic nervous systems among others.
Some extreme examples of neurological disorders are:
- Alzheimer's disease
- Parkinson's disease
- Disorders brought on by strokes
- Multiple sclerosis and others
What is physiotherapy and how can it help?
Physiotherapy is a form of treatment where practitioners use physical forms of treatment such as massages, exercises, heat treatment and other controlled forms of external stimuli to treat physical disorders.
This method of treatment can be very effective in correcting neurological disorders.
Some of the physiotherapy techniques, which can be implemented to help patients, are as follows:
- Electrical Stimulation: This method is commonly used to treat muscular problems, especially incurred after an accident or any other form of injury. In this method, controlled electric stimulation is given to specific nerve areas over the skin to stimulate them.
- Heat treatment: This method involves applying heat to parts of the body such as joints or muscles where there is nerve or muscular damage. This treatment is especially effective for muscle related problems.
- Ice or cold treatment: Vertically opposite to the principle of heat treatment, ice or cold treatment is used to contract muscles within the body. This is especially effective where inflammation needs to be controlled.
- Manual therapy: Possibly the most common form of physiotherapy, this method employs massages, pressure points, stretching and hands on strengthening exercises and helps regularize nerve impulses to areas where they have been affected.
I am 65 years female. I have a deep pain in my whole right side, body due to a nerve is being push by back bone in mri.
I am 25 years old male. Software engineer. Height 5. 8 weight79kg. I had numness problem often. Even I sit in a place for 10 min in crossed legs I will get numness in my legs. Kindly explain why it is happening to me and any solution for it. Thanks.
Hi sir. My mother is 40 yrs old. She cant speak last two years. He tried to speak but no sound come. she cant pronunciation. We check all test. But no one find which is the problem. She cant understand what we speak. She only write which she explain us. We also reply her by writing. Some times she understand what we wrote. Sometimes not. Can you help me?
I have pains from the migraines recently started over when I smoked hookah last time. Though I didn't do it again, the headache persists from almost a week. Right now my symptoms are, headaches, dry cough, sometimes wet (rarely), feeling weak, sleeping too much, body aches, diarrhea and rarely fewer. I am a smoker and have been smoking since 5--6 years. I smoke around a pack (10) per day. Right now from past couple of days I didn't smoke much due to this weakness and hence no urge to smoke even. I want to get some change and even quit smoking if that's the reason troubling me. But scared if it could lead to something even more bad if I stop it suddenly. Please help me with this :(
My mother is suffering from lack of sleep since two weeks so is this what called insomnia and if this so then how to treat it because due to insomnia whole body cycle is getting affected, even lack of appetite and feeling lethargy, please provide me with the best solution.
My father is 64 years old and suffering with brain Tumour with large size at back short brain. I have consulted P.G.I. Neurosurgeon. He told me that there is risk factor in this surgery but we cannot avoid the surgery more than 2-3 months. Its complicated. I'm very much upset. please suggest me appropriate consultation. Need your help.
I have migraine specially in daytime and when sm out under scorching heat of sun the migraine is tremendous.
As the famous quote says, 'prevention is better than cure', let us take you through some preventive measures to keep you and your loved ones away from the dreadful brain stroke. Brain stroke occurs due to an interruption in the regular blood flow to the brain or bursting of a blood vessel or due to the bursting of blocked artery, which reduces the supply of oxygen and nutrients, leading the brain cells to die.
Top 8 things that will reduce the likelihood of having a brain stroke:
- Eat well: Having good eating habits are not just good for a healthy outlook of the body, but also benefits the body in many other ways. Eating a plenty of fresh fruits and vegetables, fibre rich diet, reducing salt and fat content can prevent stroke.
- Stay Active: Regular exercising not just makes you feel and look good, but also reduces the odds of developing a brain stroke. Exercising regularly or keeping the physical activities regularly will keep you away from suffering a stroke. Pick any physical activity, but do work out to stay away from the brain stroke.
- Say no to Smoking and drugs: Yes! The more you smoke, the more are the chances of you of suffering the deadly brain stroke.
- Control your blood pressure: Normal range varies with age of patient. Regular check-up of blood pressure is advisable to control the chances of suffering a stroke as high blood pressure can result into damage of arteries, which causes brain stroke.
- Drink in limits: Limit the amount of alcohol you consume, as alcohol increases the blood pressure, which is one of the main reasons behind the stroke. The high amount of alcohol can increase the blood pressure to a higher level very quickly. Consulting a doctor is the best option in case you are not able to control your alcohol intake.
- Cholesterol: People suffering from high cholesterol are at higher risk of strokes as the cholesterol can travel to the arteries in the body making the arteries narrow and the body more prone to suffer a stroke. Choosing healthy lifestyle helps in reducing the cholesterol level.
- Diabetes: High level of diabetes is one of the most prominent reasons behind stroke. One should get his diabetes level checked and keep it under control since the arteries might get blocked because of fatty deposits because of higher sugar levels.
- Depression/Stress: Any kind of depression or stress, generally leads to avoidance of all or some of the points discussed above and hence becomes a reason for an unhealthy body, which is more prone to strokes. Consultation with a doctor and/or psychiatrist is advisable in case a person if suffering from depression.
Improving your health and taking charge of your life should be the top most priority and should never be ignored. Regular health checkups can pick these diseases early and are encouraged. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a Neurosurgeon.