Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Neurologists in India. You will find Neurologists with more than 25 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Neurologists online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment of Neurological Problems
Treatment of Nerve And Muscle Disorders
Treatment of Paralysis
Cerebral Palsy Treatment
Brain Tumor Surgery
Electroconvulsive Therapy (Ect) Treatment
Surgery Of The Facial Nerve
Radiofrequency Neurotomy Procedure
Spine Surgery Treatment
Traumatic Brain Injury (Tbi) Treatment
Treatment of Traumatic Brain Injury (Tbi)
Assistive Walking Device Training
Vagus Nerve Stimulation ( Epilepsy )
Submit a review for Dr. ChandramouleshwaranYour feedback matters!
I am suffering from cold and migraine headaches frequently. Some times drops of tears will cum out by watching long do not kow the solution for this check up made bye me for may doctors but no result.
I am 38 years old. I am suffering from epilepsy when I was 8 years old. I am taking EPTOIN tablets since 8 years. Is there any chance to completely cure.
Hello sir, my sister is a patient of epilepsy with psychiatric problems, since 4 years every test is being normal and she is not responding to any medicine right now she is on OXETOL 450 and FRISIUM 10 twice a day . Please help. She is 20 years of age .all the information is of patients.
Hi sir, my mother is suffering from headache for past years. We thought its migraine, she also have sinusitis. Previously she used homeopathy medicines. Recently we had consulted an ENT. Specialist in Multi specialty hospital, there they said for CT scan after on report they suggested for a surgery. Is surgery is compulsory for this? Is there any solution by using only medicines? . Will wait for your answers, Thank you.
What is the cost of Botox injection for migraine treatment? What is the cost of treatment in Gangtok?
I am suffering fro insomnia and not able to sleep properly at night causing headaches. It is also causing stress disorder and I am not able to concentrate on work.
I am diagnosed with Epilepsy and its been 3 years that I am on medication. I am taking Epilex Chrono (600 mg) in morning and same at night with 100 mg of Lamictal. Though my EEG report is normal now so just wanted to know how long treatment will take and I have to take medicines.
Ayurvedic Medicines for vestibular migraine/push in body while walking. Already taking medicine for cervical spondylosis.(had a perforated ear drum which did not require surgery) problem increases in crowds and while turning neck.
I have seizure last month one back one three time after four hours its came I am admitted 5 days in the hospital. I do mir and eeg the neurologist suggests me tablets for three years eptoin 300 -er -1 levipil 500 mg at morning after break fast pan d vitcofol -2 times and cynical after dinner. I want to now that this tablet is compulsory for three years. And what things I have to eat. And can I travel any where And before this I have typhoid and I am admitted for 3 days is this sezuire is reaction of this typhoid treatment.
Epilepsy is a neurological disease which is characterised by recurring epileptic seizures. These seizures can be brief or can persist for prolonged periods. Vigorous episodes which last long can result in physical injuries such as broken bones. Mention that 6th February is International epilepsy day.
Causes of Epilepsy
The cause of this condition isn’t very evident; however, most medical practitioners attribute epileptic seizures to brain injury, tumours, infections in the brain or birth defects. Some doctors believe that epilepsy is caused due to genetic mutations and is an outcome of abnormal activity of cells in the brain. Other causes for this condition can be alcohol or narcotics withdrawal and electrolyte problems.
- Repeated seizures
- Impaired memory
- Bouts of fainting
- Short spans of blackout
- Sudden bouts of blinking and chewing
- Inappropriate repetitive movements
Types of Seizures
A seizure, also known as fit, is usually a brief episode characterised by uncontrollable jerking movement and loss of awareness due to abnormal neuronal activity in your brain. A collective occurrence of these seizures causes epilepsy.
There are three types of seizures an epileptic person usually encounters.
- Idiopathic: This kind of seizure has no apparent cause
- Cryptogenic: The doctors believe that there is a cause for the seizure but cannot detect it
- Symptomatic: These seizures occur due to a reason.
- Medication: Medication is the most common treatment in case of epilepsy. Drugs taken on a regular basis can stop the seizure partially. But in very severe cases, they seem to have no effect at all.
- Surgery: For symptomatic seizures which are caused due to abnormal brain function, surgery can be a way to get rid of seizures. In some minor cases, nerve stimulation in the brain and special diets can be prescribed to control the epileptic seizures.
Five facts about epilepsy you need to know:
- Epilepsy is not psychosis or madness and can be treated easily
- Popular celebraties with epilepsy include Aristotle, Alfred Nobel, Alexander the great, Sir Isaacs Newton, Martin Luther and Julius Caesar etc.
- Woman with epilepsy can have a normal pregnancy
- Newer medicines for epilepsy are effective and very safe
- Surgery can cure epilepsy in some patients. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a Neurologist.