Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Pediatricians in India. You will find Pediatricians with more than 36 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Pediatricians online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment of Child and Adolescent Problems
Thyroid Problems Treatment
Thyroid Disorder Treatment
Paediatric Critical Care
Treatment of Childhood Infections
Child Nutrition Management
Growth And Development Including General Paediatri
Management of New Born Care
Preimplantation Genetic Diagnosis (Pgd)
Congenital Ear Problem Treatment
Treatment of Polycystic Ovary Syndrome In Adolesce
Treatment of Thyroid Disease in Children
Cleft Lip Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Chandralekha KYour feedback matters!
My age is 38. I was married late. We have a girl child who is now 6 years old. My husband wants to go for the second child. Some people say that children born in late ages are always by surgery. Is this true?
My daughter about 2y 6months takes syp. Cyproheptadine HCL and Tricholine citrate about 50ml at 1p. M. Now she is fit and active. What should I do next. Please tell me.
My baby is 9.5mths old. He used to have semi solid food watching cartoon. After returning back from our native place i. E. Udupi, he has stopped eating semi solid food as he used to have before. He also does not watch cartoon on TV as before while eating food. He drinks cows milk properly. It was hot in our native place and we used to give him cerelac and dal rice smashed. He is afraid of strangers and cries a lot. Please advice how to get my baby eat like before. What is the real cause of his change in behavior.
Hi doctors, My 20 month old baby girl, suddenly got cold, fever and loose stools with vomit, she tends to vomit whenever she coughs, my pead told due to infection from bottle feeding and to stop at once, then to avoid milk for 1 week, so I feed her with juices only, she prefers only orange juice so I give her fresh juice, but is it safe to give orange juice when cold is there? Any way stopping bottle suddenly is also quite challenging, she accepts milk n juice from bottle only, slowly I need to change her.
My baby is 4 months old. My baby is sleeping at night times. But he is waking up 4 to 5 times. So that I am not sleeping much. Due to that I am feeling sleepy in the afternoon. But my mother-in-law is saying that if you sleep you will get headache in future which cannot be cured. But I can't stop myself without sleeping. Is sleeping in the afternoon really causes any affects.
My son is 10 months old and he is not drinking water, while eating also only 2 spoons water he will drink, I tried glucon d is good? If I give water forcibly he will spit it. What to do?
Excessive hair fall, thinning of hair and bald spots are not only concerns of adults, children too suffer from hair woes. Look for signs and identify causes that are leading to your child's hair loss. With proper treatment hair loss can be reversed and your child's hair can be restored.
Look for these signs to determine whether your child is suffering from hair loss.
- Bald patches on the head.
- Loss of hair from the entire body
- Excessive hair loss but not complete fallout
- Spots of broken hair and scattered hair loss
- Alopecia areata - This condition results in oval patches of hair fallout from certain portions of the head. It is a noncontiguous condition that appears when the body's immunization attacks the hair follicles. About 25% of affected kids also suffer from ridging nails.
- Tinea capitis - Also known as ringworms of the scalp, this is a type of fungal infections that are often seen in children. It causes oval shaped scaly spots on the head due to breakage of hair and the remaining roots seem like black spots.
- Telogen effluvium - If your child has undergone some kind of trauma, be it physical or psychological, it can cause the hair follicles to enter into the resting phase and within 6 to 16 weeks excessive hair loss occurs leaving your child partially bald.
- Trichotillomania - Stress or anxiety can cause your child to pull out his/her own hair. This results in scattered hair loss and broken hair which is prominent on the sides of the head.
- Lack of nutrients - Nutritional deficiency can cause hair loss if your child lacks vitamin A, B complex and biotin it can trigger hair fall.
Hair fall in children is common and treatable if they are of medical causes. Sometimes rubbing and playing with hair can also cause hair loss so parents are advised to look into all the probable causes that might lead to shedding.
Related Tip: What is the Most Effective Hair Regrowth Treatment??