Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Dentists in India. You will find Dentists with more than 39 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Dentists online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment & Management of Braces
Treatment of Tetracycline Stains
Root Canal Treatment
Management of Dental Hygiene
Artificial Teeth Treatment
Braces Treatment for Adults and Teens
Ceramic Braces Treatment
Teeth Scaling & Polishing
Dental Extractions Procedure
Orthosis Fitting Procedure
Fixed Partial Denture Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. ChandrakalaYour feedback matters!
I have cavity in my wisdom tooth and now it started paining and I have consulted with dentist and he has suggested me to remove my wisdom tooth but I am little bit scared to removing it. So is it good option that we are removing our wisdom tooth?
My question is my left side teeth is paining and I went to the doctor but I didn't get relief. Tell what I can did.
My son 6 years old got cavity in left and right. I consulted a dentist. He advised me to go for root canal. Is it right?
Doctors are saying take care of dental hygiene. But I tried all the things there no result. What should I do to overcome cavities?
I have been suffering from bulimia for almost 10yrs. My teeth have started to hurt recently and I have developed dental caries despite trying my best to maintain oral hygiene. I want a full mouth reconstruction, before the pain becomes worse enough to disrupt my daily life. Where can I get it done in Delhi? Does AIIMS dental hospital provide this service?
I am a 63 years old man. I have a problem of snoring every time I sleep. It disturbs me during sleep n I even have to get up sumtimes in the middle of d night with dry mouth. Please suggest a solution.
I am 16 years old, I have yellow patches on my teeth, can you please help in that matter. Last time I went to a dentist but he said it can not be removed.
5 foods you didn't know were ruining your teeth
Brushing is not the only way to keep your teeth free from damage. To have perfectly healthy and sparkly teeth, you should avoid certain foods as well, especially those high in sugar and acid content.
Fruits rich in sucrose (such as cherries, mangoes and pears) are like food to the bacteria in your mouth. These bacteria give rise to plaque build-up; and produce lactic acid, which causes the erosion of your tooth enamel.
As for foods containing acid (like meat, cashew nuts and peanuts), their acidic content is chiefly responsible for tooth decay. In fact, these foods eat away at your enamel and cause your teeth to chip and break.
Which are the foods that spell danger for your teeth?
1. Apples: sadly, an apple a day doesn't keep the dentist away. Apples have high acidic content and are very harsh on your enamel. Remember to rinse your mouth thoroughly with water just after having apples.
2. Pickles: pickles are either made of sugar or vinegar and can be sweet and sour, depending on what's used. While the vegetables and fruits used in these pickles may do you good, it's the brine that brings about tooth decay. Make sure to brush your teeth after an hour of having pickles to prevent any sort of damage.
3. Bread: processed white bread that you have at breakfast every morning is loaded with sugar. It's quite sticky as well and easily gets lodged between your teeth, giving rise to cavities.
4. Popcorn: working in the same way as bread, popcorn can get easily stuck in the lines between your teeth, leading to a rise in the level of bacteria in your mouth. You can indulge yourself in a bit of popcorn as long as you floss and brush after an hour or two of eating it.
5. Diet sodas: just because sodas contain no added sugar doesn't mean they are healthy for your teeth. The acidity of diet sodas is very high, making it one of the worst things out there for your teeth. The only thing you can do is to cut down your consumption of diet sodas.