Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Orthopedists in India. You will find Orthopedists with more than 25 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Orthopedists online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Knee Pain Treatment
Spinal Surgery Disorders
Treatment of Neurological Problems
Treatment of Knee replacement
Treatment of Joint And Muscle Problems
Treatment of Nerve And Muscle Disorders
Acl Reconstruction Procedure
Hip Replacement Surgery
Joint Dislocation Treatment
Knee Care Procedures
Joint Replacement Surgery
Ankle Pain Treatment
Treatment of Spondylosis
Arthritis And Pain Management Treatment
Treatment of Joint Dislocation
Treatment Of Disk Slip
Treatment Of Herniated Disc
Submit a review for Dr. Chandra SekharYour feedback matters!
My dad 45years old my dad backache last 10days using pain relief ointment cream but haven't no any pain relief what should I do.
I have ankle swelling pain since two months female, my age 28, 65kg 1.57 cm married, one child no uric acid no thyroid, some calcium def, no bone break, doc gave 15 days cal inj but no relief, what is it, to which doc should go either nuro, bone doc or home what is disease name & tell me the med, I am unable to do lot of daily work due to pain, pain goes when rest is taken for long time but half an hour work goes as it is earlier.
I recently met with an accident. I had to take a operation. I have a rod inserted in my left leg from the knee to the ankle. The operation was fine. Just that the the bone at the place were it broke is partially in contact after the surgery. Will the bone align it self or grow in the same position.
Hi, I am 22 years old, I losses my sensing of touch on some parts of my left hand from elbow towards arm including my little finger. My skin was peel off in this part. I am suffering from same problem with my both legs since 3 months. What should i do?
I am 45 years old. Suddenly for the past one week I have hip pain and hence I could not bend and sit on the floor properly. Please advise.
I have noticed that when I am using stair cases up and down tic tic sound is heard from knees. And also while sitting down and getting up. This problem is only on my right knee. Why sound is coming and what is the problem and how to overcome this problem.
I'm 35 years old I have cervical pain .consulted many doctors but pain is not stopping. What should I do to get ride of this intolerable pain ,please do suggest some cure measures.
She is having pain in her backbone. She also suffered with pain in other parts of body. During taking medicine she is fine after that problem is still there. please tell me the better treatment.
Hi I have just done with right knee ACL surgery. Can you help me out daily routine precautions Surgery done on 15 october 2016 When can I start to drive Can I go for alcohol drinks.
My mom have knee pain and back pain also she took more kind of medicines. But that is not use to my mom still she have same problems. What does she should do?
Sir my grandmother is recently operated for a fracture in leg where the broken bone injured a artery after the operation the leg is not moving and is slowly turning blue doctors are saying that it was due to error in artery joining and due to which blood circulation has stopped in the leg . They are suggesting to cut the leg else there is a life risk in cleaning the blood clot sir I wanna know is there any other way to start the circulation again so that there would not be a need to cut her leg please reply soon.
Sir, my leg met with small accident. Its paining to much pls giv me a remedy to cure. It swollen.Please tell.
Dear Sir, My question is I am suffering from burning feet syndrome last 15 YEARS a doctor recommend me lyrica 150 mg once in a day. My age is 39 years. Do you think it is a right dose.
I am suffering from back ache since 15 years. Some times I have pain in other's joints also. Please help me
I am 26 male. I have a stiff back. Actually it pains mostly at lower part but my whole body joints are week.Ankle and neck joints also pains. Whats the solution?
A Tennis elbow is a painful condition that affects the tendons due to a condition known as tendinitis, which causes inflammation. This condition will end up restricting the free movement of the elbow and the arm due to the pain and stiffness that it causes. This is due to the fact that these tendons are the tough band of connective tissues that hold the muscles and the lower arm with the bone. Repeated gripping motions and continued tugging as well as activities like weight lifting, tennis, squash and other like carpentry, painting writing and typing, can lead to this condition.
Here are a few methods of treatment and the questions that revolve around them.
- Do I have to restrict my movements: Yes, when you have tennis elbow, the very first thing you must do is to give rest to the tendons by curbing those activities that have caused the condition or those which can aggravate the pain and stiffness. Lifting heavy objects, gripping things for prolong periods, other physical pursuits like tennis and other games and more will need to stop so that you do not stretch, strain or pull the tissue.
- Can I take pain killers: Yes, you can take pain killers like ibuprofen and acetaminophen in case the pain is unbearable? Always ensure that an orthopaedic specialist takes a look at your arm before prescribing the medicines to you.
- Is an ice compress good for this pain: You can use the RICE method for acute pain that is less than 72 hours old. For more persistent pain, you must see a doctor. The RICE method refers to Rest, Ice, Compression and Elevation. In this method, you can keep your arm elevated and give it rest. You can also use an ice compress and keep it tightly wound with an elastic bandage so as to avoid swelling.
- Can I take injections for this condition: Corticosteroid injections may be used for very severe cases. This contains the cortisol hormone and can give good results in the short run.
- Are there any non invasive methods for treatment: You can try non-invasive procedures like shock wave therapy which will help in fixing the pain and promote motion gradually. This procedure is usually conducted with the help of shock waves that are passed to the skin.
- Is exercising a complete no no: In this case, many orthopaedic surgeons and doctors will ask you to go through physiotherapy so that you can get used to movements and motion after prolonged pain. These exercises will also strengthen the muscles of the area.
Talk to your doctor if the pain is particularly debilitating and discuss surgery for the same.