Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Endocrinologists in India. You will find Endocrinologists with more than 31 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Endocrinologists online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Adult Diabetes Treatment
Treatment of Thyroid Disease in Children
Thyroid Disorder Treatment
Thyroid Problems Treatment
Type 1 Diabetes Treatment
Treatment Of Childhood Diabetes
Diabetic Diet Counseling
Dilatation And Curettage (D C) Procedure
Egg Donation Procedure
Treatment Of Erectile Dysfunction
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Food Plan Preparation
Submit a review for Dr. Chandra Sekaran MYour feedback matters!
I am 28 years old female and hav suffering from hypo thyroid for last 3 years. Am using eltroxin 100. Still how many days I wants used.
My daughter is 26 years old and her blood results show tsh (thyroid) value of 8.25%. When she was checked three months back it is only 4.0%. Is it effect the fertility of my daughter and is it curable or any danger.
My sugar level is 100 to 155 fasting and pp age 53 male I would like to know is it ok or need to consult diabetalist
I am 44 years old female suffering from hypothyroidism for 4 years lately l have been feeling depressed and even get angry over petty issues. I am feeling unattached to any family member except my 13 year daughter and somewhat to my 19 year old son. There are times l feel like leaving them all and live alone too. Talking of family l am living with in laws and husband is ok but we rarely have anything to discuss or talk as our thinking doesn't match at all. See if you can help me out.
My father is 61 year old. He is a diabetic patient. From last 1 week he has been suffering from fever and cough. Yesterday we done his typhoidot igm, HBA1C. Typhoid is positive and HBA1C is in normal range. Doctor advice us to do the chest xray and ultrasound of stomach. The main problem is he doesn't eat anything. What should we give him to eat?
I am a 47 year old mail. I have high blood sugar, and have undergone 2 surgeries for abcyss. I am taking blood sugar medicines. I am looking for permanent cure from blood sugar. Please advise.
He is 30 years and is suffering from uric acid problem since 1 year. Sometimes his ankle pains. So tell me how to get rid of this and also foods to be avoided and which is beneficial to reduce the acid.
I am 74 years. I had long history of uncontrooled diabetes and it is under control with allopathic medication for 2 years. I am unable to slep at night due to tingling in both legs-caugh and thighs. When I have gas due to constipation even during day I have the tingling pain in both legs. I feel comfort when I massage in back of hip at sciatic nerve centre. I need advise how to have naturopathic or alternate medicine cure. I am afraid of neuro surgeons as the medication will spoil my health.
M having thyroid since 1 year gained 15 kg weight m under homeopathy treatment for thyroid now my TSH is 9, I want to conceive want to reduce my weight.
Does paneer contains high purine. What are some food I should avoid I have high level of uric acid in my blood.
I am suffering from thyroid for last 5 years kindly advice me what to do next taken medicine eltroxin 75.
Hi My uncle is 48 years old and have diabetes, his thighs have some big dark spots and sometimes sugar level goes too high what should he do to control sugar level especially related to food items what he eat?
My mother who is 53yr old is having uric acid level 7.6. What can be done to reduce and what produce this acid level in body?
I am 49 year, how should prevent from High Blood Pressure and Diabetes? How should I maintain my self?
Blood sugar control is the core of the diabetes treatment plan as by losing control over your blood sugar, you risk serious complications related to health. Frequent or ongoing irregular blood sugar levels can damage your blood vessels, nerves and organs. Irregular Blood Sugar Level is a major concern and can affect diabetic as well as general people.
The most common causes of uncontrolled blood sugar level are:
1. Skipping Insulin or oral glucose medicines.
2. Eating too many carbohydrates in general.
3. Have an infection
4. Exercising less or not at all.
Symptoms of increased sugar level in body
1. Increased Thirst: If you feel unusually thirsty and feel the urge to drink more than usual, you should check your sugar levels.
2. Frequent Urination: Excessive urination occurs when glucose builds up in your blood, and your kidney begins to work harder to get rid of the extra glucose. The excess sugar is thrown away from the body through urine.
3. Fatigue: Extreme tiredness or fatigue is common symptoms of uncontrolled blood sugar. If you do not have sufficient amount of insulin in your body, or if the insulin is not processed properly, then it stays in our blood. Hence, it does not get used up for energy.
4. Blurry Vision: High blood sugar levels can lead to swollen lenses in your eyes due to fluid leaking in, according to Joslin Diabetes Center. This changes the shape of the lens and makes it unable to focus properly, resulting in blurry vision.
You can also take the package for Managing Blood Sugar.
How you can control the level of sugar in your body
- Diet: Eat right. Consult a diabetes educator or dietician to help you figure out a healthy diet that works for you. Do share all your sugar levels, your preference with them. This would enable them to make a proper and more suitable diet plan for you, which will help you in keeping your blood sugar under control.
- Exercise: To keep your blood sugar control, do exercise regularly. Exercise will increase your insulin activity, after which you don’t need to as much insulin to help your body in processing carbohydrates.
- Medication: Insulin is a hormone that is normally produced in the body. But for people with abnormal blood sugar level, it is either not working as it should or the body has stopped producing it. People with abnormal Blood sugar level may need to take insulin in order to keep their blood glucose levels in a healthy range. Insulin helps your body to use glucose properly.
- Blood Glucose Monitoring: Monitor your blood glucose levels regularly in order to know how much insulin you require, especially before you take a meal. Keeping a check on your blood glucose levels will help you in adjusting your insulin medication as well as your meals, so that your blood sugar remains stable.
If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult the doctor and ask a free question.