Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Orthopedists in India. You will find Orthopedists with more than 29 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Orthopedists online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Cervical Traction Procedure
Hip Replacement Surgery
Treatment of Lumbar Radiculopathy
Spinal Fusion Surgery
Treatment of Knee replacement
Arthritis And Pain Management Treatment
Hip Resurfacing Surgery
Hip Injury Treatment
Ankle Injury Treatment
Knee Injury Treatment
Hip Pain Treatment
Ankle Pain Treatment
Knee Pain Treatment
Treatment of Joint Dislocation
Joint Mobilization Procedure
Joint Replacement Surgery
Limping Child Treatment
Meniscus Injury Treatment
Pelvic Rehabilitation Techniques
Submit a review for Dr. Chandra Sekar KYour feedback matters!
I'm 33years old i am suffering from gout last 6 years. Taking tablet ciploric 300mg in alternate days fell very dull and pain in legs. Sir what can I do?
I am suffering from knee pain doctor suggested knee replacement. Let me know without replacement pain can subsidies.
I am 39 year old female and having vein stretching in my right leg along with back pain in lower portion. Kindly advise what to do
I am 18 years old and have a great hairfall problem I have been trying many of the shampoos but none of them worked out so I am just looking for a best remedy to cure hairfall and get the volume back.
Hi I'm having back (waist) pain since few days, mostly when I seat and stand very much. I'm 18 year male what should I take/do?
My wife is suffering from spondylitis. In late nights she'll be getting some cardiac pain. CAN you please suggest what can be done.
I am 37 years old, I am getting left knee pain since 3 months, doctor advised medicine & told no problem in bones with the help of x- ray but I didn't get relieved. I'm getting the pain if I go for morning walk. What should I do?
I am having tingling sensation in my both feet since more than one year. I underwent treatment for l4-l5 problem. I am a diabetic. Is it due to spine problem or diabetes. I had taken treatment from neurologist also for a month. No response. Kindly advise medication.
I work in a bank and have prolonged sitting hours from 10 am till 7-8 pm. In last few months there is a problem that has been disturbing me badly. The upper neck region i. E the spine connecting with head region has severe burning sensations. And these sensations run down the spine if I keep sitting after the burning sensation starts. It makes me restless as if my spinal cord is turned into a heating rod. I get fainting like sensation and nausea after I get back within half four of getting up. I am very worried. please help.
I m 35 yr old male n suffering leg pain having spondilytes from 10 years what to do feeling so much pain every time
Lower back pains may underline a host of diseases, some of the most distinctive being the degeneration of lumbar disc and strain of back muscles. If left unattended, these acute durations of severe pain can lead to further complications, beyond the scope of both active and passive physical treatment regimes. Hence, it is always recommended to attend to these minuscule symptoms as soon as they are detected.
How physiotherapy works wonders in lower back pains:
- Physiotherapy is recommended when lower back pains are frequent, or stretch for days at a time. Most medical literatures, which shower their unanimous support in favour of physiotherapy for back pain, make note that physiotherapy relieves pain, as well as improves the functions, which are most likely to be affected by this disorder.
- Pain emanating, following a surgery, is recognized as one of the most significant aspects where benefits of physiotherapy are more visible. Generally, patients are advised to undergo physiotherapy sessions after surgical procedures irrespective of age and gender, unless the move is contraindicated in specific cases.
- Muscular spasms and muscle shrinking is a highly familiar phenomenon observed in individuals who are relatively less active. Muscle shrinking can often be attributed to very low usage of certain muscles, while muscle spasm can occur when neurons at the affected muscles are irritated. Physiotherapy is observed as both the first line as well as the second line of treatment regimen in such occurrences; a routine for gradual and slow stretching is recommended by physiotherapists involving the muscles of legs, hips, abdomen and lower back, based on their intensity of pain.
- Advanced stages of a physiotherapy treatment regime upgrade the simple stretching exercises to more rigorous ones like specific stabilizing drills, exercises involving balancing machines and/or exercise balls. This aspect of physiotherapy caters to the secondary spine muscles of the human body.
- The area of the body considered to be the core of lower back pain (lower back muscles and muscles of abdomen) requires more than just stretching or exercises involving machines. Workout focused on these core areas are based on a complex set of exercises, which may have to be improvised such that the aforementioned muscles absorb the maximum shock.
- In addition to these conventional exercises, which are based on applications of gravity, some centres offer a different environment for individuals who are unable to perform activities in normal conditions. The concept of aquatic pools addresses the issue, and makes exercising quite an easy feat for the physically challenged individuals. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a physiotherapist.