Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Pediatricians in India. You will find Pediatricians with more than 38 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Pediatricians online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Chandra Mohan V
Treatment of Child and Adolescent Problems
Thyroid Problems Treatment
Thyroid Disorder Treatment
Paediatric Critical Care
Treatment of Childhood Infections
Child Nutrition Management
Growth And Development Including General Paediatri
Management of New Born Care
Preimplantation Genetic Diagnosis (Pgd)
Congenital Ear Problem Treatment
Treatment of Polycystic Ovary Syndrome In Adolesce
Treatment of Thyroid Disease in Children
Cleft Lip Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Chandra Mohan VYour feedback matters!
Hi sir, my wife is 3months pregnancy n it was by ivf. Now we were done blood test today tsh is. 09 n t4 is 2.03. Is there any risk to baby? Please suggest me a good solution please.
My daughter is 11 years old. She has habit of eating paper, pencil lid, and ice cube. What could be the problem with her?
मेरी 7 महीने 17 दिन कि भांजी है उसका वजन 6किलो 620 ग्राम है हाथ-पेर बहुत कमजोर है मॉ का दूध आता नहीं है .आपसे अनुरोध है कि आप मुझे बताए कि मुझे कया करना चाहिए
Hello my daughter is 18 months old. Her weight is 9.3 kg. She is not at all having good quantity of food. She eats only 4 spoons of food. Does she have correct weight? Some of my cousins are suggesting me to use vitamin supplements. If you using vitamin supplements at that age is good. What should I use her? She drinks 2 cups of plain milk. Should I add some powder to the plain milk?
Doctor, my baby is 5 months old, before getting pregnant my weight is 47.9kg, during pregnancy I gained 15 kg more, my baby is 3 kg when I delivered, it is an normal delivery, now I checked my weight, it is only 48kg, ayurveda doctor told me that my breast milk is thick than others, baby needs milk only 3 hrs gap, now I am taking calcium tablets daily, what should I do now for gaining weight? Please answer me.
Gd mrng sir, what to do for mother milk well secretion or increase i.e)any food or any tonic or syrup or other your valuable medical advice. My baby born in two weeks ago. So, please help me sir for mother healthy condition.
Mastitis is primarily an infection that occurs inside or on women's breasts within the first three months after pregnancy. Sometimes the infection can also affect non pregnant women where it is referred to as periductal mastitis.
What are the causes and symptoms of Mastitis?
The most common reason behind such an occurrence is malfunctioning mammary ducts in pregnant women. Milk stasis or blocked milk ducts happen due to irregular feeding sessions, the baby's difficulty in sucking or not being able to attach optimally to the breast for feeding. The other plausible reason is bacterial infection that has somehow entered the ducts through a crack in the nipple area. Blocked milk ducts carry a lot of stagnant milk that provides the most suitable breeding ground for bacterial cultures. Steps must be taken so as not to pass on this bacterium to the baby who depends on breast milk almost entirely for nutrition.
1. It often manifests itself in the form of redness, swelling, pain, fever and exhaustion, resulting from inflammation of the breast tissues and mammary glands.
2. There is also a palpable warmth and tenderness of the breasts, accompanied by a general feeling of malaise.
4. Nipple discharge, body aches and relatively higher body temperatures might also occur in association.
You must consult with your doctor immediately after the appearance of similar symptoms; promptness is advisable when you are pregnant.
What problems does Mastitis cause?
1. Most commonly affecting nursing and recent mothers, Mastitis poses a pertinent problem in breastfeeding as it causes dysfunctional lactation.
2. Mastitis is therefore also as precarious for the new born baby who is left without its primary diet.
3. Doctors often recommend such mothers to continue breast feeding in spite of the disease, after prescribing some antibiotics which usually work in suppressing the infection after a maximum of 2 to 3 weeks.
4. The affected mothers usually feel too tired to take care of their child while suffering from this kind of infection.
1. Avoid wearing tight clothes or undergarments.
2. Regularize breastfeeding schedules; do not stop before 6 months.
3. Encourage your baby to feed especially when you experience of build-up of milk.