Find numerous Pediatricians in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Pediatricians with more than 28 years of experience on Lybrate.com. Find the best Pediatricians online in Chennai. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment of Child and Adolescent Problems
Bedwetting Treatment & Management
Treatment of Polio
Thyroid Problems Treatment
Treatment of Cerebral Palsy
Thyroid Disorder Treatment
Paediatric Critical Care
Treatment of Sids
Treatment of Cough in Children
Treatment of Asthma in Children
Treatment of Childhood Infections
Treatment of Birth Defects
Child Nutrition Management
Treatment of Dihydrofolate Reductase Deficiency
Submit a review for Dr. Chandra Kumar NYour feedback matters!
Dear doctors, I have three year old kid. He is having weight of 11kg. One major concern we have is he doesnt like milk, despite we have tried pediasure, compan and other mixables with milk but he dont drink. Please suggest what we should do or any alternate to milk.
My son is 3 years 5 months old. He hits himself and becomes aggressive and behaves violently he hits his head on the wall, he hits his throat stomach and so. So we consulted a pediatrician and through EEG we came to know that he is having abnormal epilepsy activity. He is taking EPTOIN, piracetam and VALPARIN syrup from july but it continues the same and it is becoming really worse please help me and suggest us what to do to stop this?
She is suffering from pcos from long time. And she had completed her 1 month treatment of 3 month. And she had a 5 day period last month. Will you please tell me all the type of symptoms of getting better.
My 1.5 month son is spitting (foamy) too much and is taking out much milk from nose and mouth. I am much worried. Please guide.
Birthweight of my baby boy was 2.75kgs and he now weighs 4.96kgs at 2 and half months. He was born on July 13th 2015 and has only breastmilk also his feeding time is hardly 15 mins on one side every 2 hrs during day and 15 mins every 4 hrs during night. Is his weight gain goin good as per his age? and is his feeding time too less for his age because I read that other children feed for longer time?
Hi, My daughter who is 9 months old has severe cold, suffering from blocked nose. Which is the best medicine for my baby.
My son is 19 month old but he is not eating anything also not drink milk, tea etc. He suffer fever vomiting kabaj in a month 4or 5 times. His health is very poor. I show him many doctor but no improvement in her health. He is only repent on mother's milk. please suggest me.
What foods can be given to child who is 5 years and 11 years old to increase the hemoglobin level and increase in calcium.
My daughter is 2 years 11 months old. Her weight is between 10 to 11 kgs. She is having problem of febrile seizure. Her doctor suggested us that we have to take care of her fever for 5 years. She is having viral from 28th may evening and m giving her crocine syrup but till today she is having fever. Is it fine to give her crocine or should I go for a blood test.
Having a baby is a beautiful experience and it is important for first time parents to learn the ropes of taking care of a newborn. A mother should consider getting help after the birth of the child as that particular time period can be overwhelming and hectic to take care of the baby all alone. You can get started by nursing your child by taking assistance from specialists and nurses who tell you how to change the clothes of the baby, hold the baby and how to take care of your baby.
How to take care of a newborn
You can hire a maid who can help you look after your baby. If you have relatives, you can request them to help you out. It is important to keep the following things in mind while taking care of a baby.
- Babies are susceptible to infection quickly and hence it is necessary that we wash our hands properly with a hand sanitiser before carrying the baby.
- Make sure you carry the baby properly by providing the infant with proper support below the neck and head. The same rules apply while laying the baby down in the cradle.
- Do not shake the baby vigorously, even by mistake, as it can cause bleeding in the brain of the baby, which can cause death.
- Any member of the household should not throw the baby in the air or try any rough play as a newborn baby is not ready for it.
- Sponge bath should be given to the baby until the umbilical cord falls off and only after the navel heals totally. It can take about 1–4 weeks for this to happen.
- It is very vital that you use clean diapers for your baby, and if the diaper is wet, it must be removed immediately to avoid any rash in and around the genital area. It is important that the genital area is cleaned well by the use of cotton balls and water.
- In case you are using cloth diapers, then it is advisable that you clean it with detergents that are fragrance free.