Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Ophthalmologists in India. You will find Ophthalmologists with more than 36 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Ophthalmologists online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment of Squint
Lasik Surgery Treatment
Routine Eye Checkup
Laser Cataract Surgery
Reduced Vision Treatment
Visual Field Testing
Retina And Lasik Surgery
Endoscopic Dcr Procedure
Eye Muscle Surgeries
Artificial Eye Procedures
Submit a review for Dr. Chandra JosephYour feedback matters!
I am 35 years old and have a dry eyes issue. It becomes worst by the end of the day in the office probably due to the AC, but can't avoid it. On holidays I do not feel so much of an issue. Please suggest solution which would cure this issue and does not recur in long term. Thanks,
I am 24 years old male, nowadays my eyes start paining what will be the reason I think that my speck number is increased is it like that?
Sir, Namastey. I am 22 year old. Sir,read my problem completely. I feel dull/ pressure type headache from 1 year. My eye sight is decreasing day by day and feel pain in eyes. This condition is created by me. I have passed engineering this year. When I was in b tech 1st year I used to do normal study. But from second year I started intensive study for longer hours. I used to laid excessive pressure on mind to concentrate and capture things in mind. In earlier days I feel refreshed after sleeping. But after longer time 2 to 2.5 year later, My brain got exhausted and overstimulated. My brain has became dull. I also feel pain in eyes and decreasing eyesight day by day. I can not perform any task. One Doctor told me that this condition is called brain Fag' Plzz kindly me provide solution.
How to cure myopia? -5.5 left eye-6.0 right eye. Dis pwr s nt suitable at such an young age. I might end up becmng blnd and wl b rejctd for mny job intrvws. Is dere any cure?.
Hi I have eye site since 2014 I want to cure it without using the spectacles. So what I should do to cure it quickly. Please give a suggestion about it.
My eyes getting dry and am getting burning sensation. Kindly suggest some drops. I. Don't have any infection in eyes. But getting dry often and burn sensation.
From 7 years I have a problem of redness of eye. 1st it used to effect my right eye. One doctor prescribed me refreshing gel and acupat and told to continue it for 2 months. After that for almost a year I was free from it. From past 6 months my left eye is effected with the. Same problem. I consulted many doctors and according to them it is an allergy. They told me to use acupat eye drops. I am just fed up with this eye redness. Can anybody suggest me a permanent cure?
My friend was having a headache since 1month. Can uh please help me out what to do he is working for 9hours in the computer and after that in evening his headache pain started can uh sort out this problem?
Sir I am a student and my age is 23 years. And I have a eye problem. Whenever I travel my eyes are going to red and I feeling pain.
How to improve my eye power Some of d doctors said me I should were the glass till my life ends But I don't like to were my glass is there any way to cure my problem.
I am 22 years old. I have eye sight problem and my teeth are also have cavity. I am can please suggest me some medicine for my teeth as well as eyes. I am average looking. I want to gain some weight also. Please help me.
I have eye sight. I have sight of 4 minus for both eyes. I want a suggestion regarding nutritional diet and about laser treatment.
Glaucoma is a leading cause of blindness in people across the globe. It damages the optic nerve that carries sensory images from the retina to the brain. A faulty eye pressure is responsible for damaging the very delicate optic nerve fiber causing small blind spots in the retina. Unfortunately, for most patients this disease only gets diagnosed when the number of blind spots is on the higher side.
Types of Glaucoma
- Open angle: This is a type of Glaucoma which results from the blockage of the drainage angle of the eye resulting into an increased eye pressure.
- Angle closure: This is the kind of Glaucoma which results from the narrowing down of the drainage angle leading to complete blockage.
Target segment of Glaucoma
- Family history: Inheritance surely plays a role in case of Glaucoma too. If Glaucoma runs through families of an individual, there are higher chances of getting this disease. Although there is no hard and fast rule about it, the risks of inheriting this disease are on the higher side.
- Eye injury: If there is any history of previous eye injuries, the probability of the onset of Glaucoma cannot be turned down. Specially, if the injury is related to optic nerve, there are very high risks involved.
- Bilateral Oophorectomy: Dual Ovary removal before the age of 40 results in deficiency of estrogen resulting in Glaucoma. Although most surgeons warn their patients of the possible risk of these procedures, many surgeries such as these have resulted in patients losing eyesight in the form of Glaucoma.
- Patient with Diabetes: In case of acute diabetes, retina gets damaged and the eye starts producing new blood vessels on the iris resulting into an increased eye pressure. This condition often leads to Glaucoma due to blockage of fluid flow in the eye.
- Eye Conditions: Myopia, multiple surgeries to the eye, blunt trauma etc. can lead to Glaucoma. A patient who has undergone any kind of eye surgeries suffers from inflammation. However, major inflammation is often found twisting blood flow in the eye resulting into Glaucoma.
- If a patient is 40 or above: After a person reaches 40 years of age, a lot of diseases start cropping in to the body. Studies show that Glaucoma has a higher frequency in people who is more than the age of 40 or above.
- High eye pressure: A patient with an eye pressure of above 21 mm HG is also at a very high risk of getting glaucoma. For a normal person the IOP lies between 10 to 21 mm HG.
- Blood flow related disease: Diseases such as acute migraine, hypertension and low blood pressure which involves blood flow related problem often aggravate to glaucoma.
- Ethnic Background: Statistics show that people from Afro American, Hispanics, Asian and Caribbean background have greater chances of being affected by Glaucoma.
In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!