Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 44 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. ChandraYour feedback matters!
Melanoma, also referred to as malignant melanoma, is a type of cancer. It evolves from the color or pigment containing cells known as melanocytes. Melanomas normally happen in the skin, yet may once in a while it may happen in the mouth, guts, or eyes as well. In women, it generally happens in the legs, while in men they are most regularly on the back. Sometime a mole may also raise your concern by increasing in size, developing abnormal edges, a change of color or itching and irritability. This may also prompt breakdown of the skin.
Some general facts on melanoma are mentioned below:
1. More than one million new instances of skin cancer or melanoma are analyzed every year.
2. There has been a 2000% increase in rate of melanoma since the year 1930. One out of fifty get affected by this cancer.
3. This is common in young women and causes many deaths.
4. Women below the age of forty are at more risk of getting melanoma than any other kind of cancer such as breast cancer.
5. There has been a high rise in the rate of melanoma from 1970 to 2008. There has been an 800% increase in young women and 400% increase in case of similar aged men.
6. Early recognition makes melanoma treatable. It is screened for growth very minimally.
Melanomia may be caused primarily due to these causes:
- The most primary cause of melanoma is ultraviolet light (UV) in people with a low level of skin pigment. The UV light might be from either the sun or from different sources, for example, tanning devices. Around 25% of cases occur from or in the form of moles.
- Those with numerous moles, presence of the disease in family members and who have poor immunity are at more noteworthy risk to get melanoma. Various uncommon hereditary defects, such as xeroderma pigmentosum increase the risk of melanoma.
- The individuals who work on airplanes seem to have an expanded danger, due to more contact with UV rays.
- Ultraviolet UVB light of wavelengths between 315 - 280 nm from the sun react with the skin cell DNA and result in a kind of direct DNA harm called cyclobutane pyrimidine dimers (CPDs).
In order to stay away or avoid melanoma, you should:
- Spend less time in direct sunlight and should seek shade.
- Avoid the sun at peak hours.
- Examine your skin at times for some kind of change.
- Keep away from tanning salons.
Melanoma is a dangerous form of cancer and causes a lot of deaths. You should stay away from anything that causes melanoma.
I am 21 years old unmarried girl. I havent had my periods from 6 months and I have bloated stomach can I have ovarian cancer please repl asap.
I have white charge from vagina with itching and the discharge is rubbery and lil cream colored with bad smell. When I insert my finger inside vagina very huge amount of substance comes as many times as I insert n took out.
I have missed period in this month and it has been 16 days I have missed period and I am not sexually active my white discharge is normal i. E thick and thin both and occurs daily please help.
My girlfriend release white liquid. She suffer it badly. Why it is going on and what is her problem. Nd its prevent.
Hi After taking Antibiotics for Urinary Tract Infection. I developed a severe itching on the inside and outside of my vulva and vagina. What should I do? Any suggestions will be greatly appreciated. I have a strong feeling this has been caused by the Antibiotic. Please help.
I am 44 years old and I have severe breast pain on both sides. can't touch my nipples also .may I kno the cause. Already I got fibroids and severe bleedings during the cycle.
Kya ladki apni hymen (seal) toote bina bhi pregnant ho sakti hai kya .please reply me fast. Mera blood nhi nikla. Lekin mujhe 8 din hogaye mc nhi aayi.
Meri D&C k baad se mujhe periods ni ho rahe thy lakin kal se mujhe period hue hai or bht hi kam period ho rahe hain or mere husband ka olan hai k in periods k baad hum baby k bare mn sochin tu kya mere lye ya aney wale baby k lye koi prblm tu ni ho gi or jese ab mujhe bht hi kam period ho rahe hain tu in period k baad mn pregnant ho sakti hon mera first miscarridge 18 july ko hua or D&C 4 August ko hue ply help me.
The ultimate pleasure one gets from sex is by experiecing orgasm or climax many women do not feel orgasm by peno vaginal sex because when they are aroused, there is swelling of labia and clitoris. The clitoris moves behind the labia during arousal so that penis can't rub against it during trusting movements. For women seeking ultimate pleasure, this is frustrating and can lead to perception of inadequacy in both men and women
This can be improved in many cases by appropriate sex positions, your technique to stimulate your partner but still many times it is inadequate
These can be helped by surgical procedures like vaginoplasty (tighten the vagina! and g shot. G shot is opd procedure, no hospital addmission is needed and sex can be resumed after 2 weeks the g spot becomes more prominent, making sure you get adequate penile stimulation during sexual activity cost is affordable results are very very good
I had a bigger breasts few year before and now its going smaller n smaller day by day. I do not know whats the problem. Please tell how can I bring back my breasts like before and what is the reason its becoming smaller?
How to remove vaginal odour in a natural way? Can vaginal odour and not getting vaginal bleeding flr about 8 months harmful?
I want to know about healthy diet plans. So that I can put on some more weight, I am using protein powder but I am not satisfied with results.
Hello doctor, I am a girl. And I will come straight to the point that I hae a question about my virginity. I didn't intimate with any guy but my boyfriend thinks that I had intimated with someone. He says that my private part is big that other girls. He says that my walking and my vagina shows my non virginity. Is it possible that if my private is big then still I am a virgin. He wanted to get marry with me and also he just want a virgin girl. Is there is any possibilities to rapture a girls hymen?
Hello My wife is pregnant n she is having 7 month nw. What type of diet should she taken n also tell what step should we taken for normal delivery.
My wife have a problem of egg not forming for get pregnancy had all consultant with Dr. nd also have some course of injection to get egg.
Yesterday my right vaginal lip got swollen very badly and its quite paining, no itching and today I had my menstrual period. Is this a serious issue or common. What should I do now.
one of my friend is mc issue...she is not getting it on regular monthly intervals. some time it got skip for 3 to 4 months....pls advice
5 things you should know about menstrual cups
Every day, we see a new thing which makes our life easier and comfortable and menstrual cup is one such thing that makes the life of a woman much easier during those difficult days.
1. Safe and cost effective: these are safe to use and there is no harm or side effects attached to it. You don't have to worry of the hygiene of these cups. These cups have the capacity to hold 30-40 ml of fluid. Tampons and pads are use-and-through and that's why it involves higher cost whereas menstrual cups can be used a number of times which makes it cost-effective.
2. Flexible and reusable: it's a flexible cup which is worn inside vegina where all fluid gets collected. It doesn't absorb the fluid like tampons but only collects it. Unlike tampons, menstrual cups are reusable. You can remove it, throw the fluid and then refix it.
3. Breaking of the seal: you must not use it without breaking the seal. It will be very uncomfortable if the seal is not broken. You will hear a pop voice when the seal gets broken. So, just be careful about this.
4. How to remove: while removing it, it must be pushed downwards just like a bowel movement or push at the time of childbirth otherwise you might face a bit of difficulty but when you have a prior knowledge of how to remove it, it will make things easier for you.
5. Time period: unlike tampons and pads, menstrual cups can be used for a longer period. Time period could go up to 12 hours. So, in a way, it saves your time, energy and is very convenient and easily manageable too.