Find numerous Gynaecologists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 28 years of experience on Lybrate.com. Find the best Gynaecologists online in Chennai. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment of Pregnancy and related Disorder
Treatment of Irregular Periods
Management of Pregnancy
Treatment of Ovarian Cysts
Management of Pregnancy Query
Management of Abortion
Treatment of Painful Periods
Avoiding Pregnancy Procedures
Treatment of Painful Sexual Intercourse
Treatment of Heavy Periods
Treatment of Polycystic Ovary Syndrome
Treatment of Breast Pain
Treatment of Vaginal Discharge
Treatment of Miscarriage
Treatment of Vaginal Itching
Treatment of Fertility
Treatment of Delayed Periods
Treatment of Vaginal Infection
Submit a review for Dr. Chandra BarathanYour feedback matters!
I am pregnant now. But I feel like pricking on my right side lower abdomen. Is that any serious issue? Pls suggest. I ate Mango Is that dangerous?
I am having irregular periods. What would be the reasons behind it? and also the duration is decreased to 2 days only. What's the reason and I s there any cure or remedy for this problem.
Hello ma'am /hello sir, Please advise I am 23rd week pregnant lady .I have done ultrasound in 21 week nd my baby weight is 415gram. Before two week I did test my sugar level that was coming fasting 115 nd random is 130. I am worried .is it gestational diabetes??
I want to know about contraceptive pills after intercourse, how to use it when to use it how many days to use it because I want to do sex without using condom with my 19 year old girlfriend.
Hello sir I am me my question is my fever not cover my pain so I am totally tired so what can I do pls tell me and what I am say hello sir I am tod o my health totally thankful. So I am ding mine more with rk.
My hcg level is 947.07 on 26th may. I have irregular periods and my lmp is on march 25. Is it normal to have this level?
Ovulation is that period between the last menstrual cycle and the next menstrual cycle when the chances of pregnancy are the highest.
Sir, I would like participate in sex with other ladies (high profile) with condom. Is it safe ful. Tell me what precautions to be taken.
Hi pcod with lean female is difficulty to getting conceive ? And can you tel me treatment modulation .
Dear sir/ mam one day unfortunately I had protected sex with my friend 3 years back . For first time it bleeds . Now if I am getting married with some one if we participate in intercourse . Can he know that I am not virgin or again it will bleed or not .
Pelvic Inflammatory Disease (PID) is a common infection in the female reproductive organs like the ovaries, the uterus and the fallopian tubes and also the inside of the pelvis. If left untreated for a long time, PID can lead to severe problems like pregnancy complications, infertility and cancer.
- Causes: Sexually Transmitted Diseases (STD) like chlamydia and gonorrhea produce vaginal bacteria which travel to the interior organs and cause PID. Having unprotected sexual contact with someone who has an STD is the most common cause of PID. Moreover, medical processes like abortion, miscarriage, childbirth, insertion of contraceptive devices can also lead to bacterial infection. Having sex with a number of people, or having sex before the age of 20, or having had an STD in the past, also increase the chances of Pelvic Inflammatory Disease.
- Symptoms: The disease may show only minor symptoms or it may not show any symptom at all. When it does, the common symptoms are pelvic pain, discomfort while urinating or having intercourse, difficulties with menstruation and unusual fluid discharge from the vagina.
- Associated symptoms: High fever, nausea, vomiting, indigestion, exhaustion, shivering and fainting.
- Diagnosis: A pelvic examination is conducted to check for abnormal bleeding from the cervix (the opening of the uterus), fluid discharge or severe pain in the uterus, fallopian tubes or in the ovaries. Swabs taken from the cervix and the vagina are tested for STDs or other possible bacterial infections that may cause PID. An ultrasound or a Computerized Tomography (CT) scan is conducted to make sure that the symptoms are not being caused by other disorders like appendicitis or other kinds of infection in the reproductive organs. A pregnancy test is also done to take the necessary precautions to protect the fetus from the adverse effects of the infection.
- Treatment: The treatment procedures of PID vary depending on the type of bacteria that caused the infection in the specific case. Antibiotic medication is used to treat the condition. In case of severe complications, the patient has to be hospitalized. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a Gynaecologist.