Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Dermatologists in India. You will find Dermatologists with more than 29 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Dermatologists online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Chemical Peels Treatment
Derma Roller Treatment
Hair Mesotherapy Treatment
Nail Surgery Procedures
Restylane Vital Procedure
Vampire Face Lift Procedures
Facial Rejuvenation Treatment
Hair Restoration Techniques
Line And Wrinkle Smoothing Procedures
Mole Removal Procedure
Mole Removal Surgery
Skin Polishing Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Chandni PrabhakarYour feedback matters!
I am suffering from hair loss since many months I tried out many medicines and shampoos but everything went in vain. So please will you suggest me any to overcome my problem?
Am suffering with allergy from 10yrs now am consulting hemio doctor in last month but no change what van I doo. Please tell me best remedy for that.
Diabetes is a serious disease, but if properly managed is not life threatening. Diabetes can be explained as the body’s inability to regulate insulin production. This leads to fluctuations in blood sugar levels. This disease affects every part of the body including the skin. For some people, a rash is among the first few symptoms of diabetes. Most diabetic patients suffer from a skin condition at some point or the other. Here are a few common skin ailments that affect diabetic patients.
- Bacterial infections: A weakened immune system makes diabetics more vulnerable to bacterial infections than normal. These bacterial infections can be typically seen in the form of styles on the eyelid, boils, carbuncles and nail infections. They usually make the skin around the infected area red, inflamed and painful. Most skin bacterial skin ailments can be treated with antibiotic creams and pills.
- Fungal infections: One of the most common fungal infections that diabetic patients suffer from is known as Candida albicans. This ailment is characterised by a red, itchy rash that is surrounded by small blisters. It is caused by yeast-like fungus and usually found in moist areas like the armpits or between the toes. Other fungal infections that affect diabetic patients include ringworm, jock itch, athlete’s foot and vaginal yeast infections.
- Itchy skin: Diabetics often suffer from itchiness that could be triggered by yeast infections, dry skin and poor circulation. People with poor circulation will find their calves and feet to be the itchiest part of the body, While poor circulation and yeast infections may need medical attention, dry skin can be easily treated by keeping the skin internally and externally hydrated along with the use of a mild moisturising soap.
- Vitiligo: This is a skin condition where the melanin producing cells in the skin are destroyed. This leads to a patchy appearance that can be typically seen on the hands, face and chest. Vitiligo is considered to be an autoimmune disease like diabetes and has no known cause or cure. Sunscreen is a must for diabetic patients suffering from vitiligo as the unpigmented skin has no protection from UV radiation.
- Diabetic blisters: Patients with severe diabetes may also suffer from diabetic blisters. These blisters usually occur on the extremities of the body and resemble blisters caused by burns. They are usually pain-free and heal on their own.
- Disseminated granuloma annular: This condition is characterised by a ring or arc shaped areas on the skin. They can usually be seen on the fingers and ears but may also occur in the chest and abdomen. This rash may be reddish or skin coloured. Medical treatment is not generally required for this condition. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult an endocrinologist.
I am 15 years old and I have acne problem. I am looking for natural remedies to remove tan and acne. I have been using tomato, lemon, talcum powder and even ejaculating on my own face. I know it sounds gross but I'm being honest. Any tips on what to do ?
Mere sir ke ball toot rahe h jiske karan mere sir beech main se 50% khale Ho gaga h plc mujhe koe ilaj btye.
I need a solution for hair falling because every day this make me irritation so please tell some tips for my hair?
Hey doc, I'm a 12 year old girl with lots of acne, especially on my forehead. Unfortunately my face is oily as well. It's reddish and my face texture is like bumpy. Can you please tell me what I can do to reduced my acne? And I also put on makeup that is for acne and oily skin to cover up the flaws, so I wanted to know whether it's harmful for my acne or not? Please help me reduce my acne, its very hard to live.
Actually I got some problem with my lips .lips getting change of colour. diagnose is loss of colour producing pigments. Kindly may some one please pay attention on me. Any suggestions for this.
Oxygen is necessary to rejuvenate aging and dull skin. Oxygen facial therapy opens all clogged pores of your face through all the layers. It helps to reduce and eliminate problems like wrinkles, fine lines and acne. Oxygen facial therapy gets the skin on your face to breathe and makes it radiant. Following is the information you need to know to consider Oxygen facial therapy:
- The Oxygen levels tend to drop since the age of 25 and by 40 at least 50% of the skin's Oxygen retaining capacity gets impaired. When the skin lacks Oxygen the blood vessels get constricted and it adversely affects the skin's ability to function normally.
- Dull and aging skin can't be covered up with makeup or following skin care regimen after a certain point of time. Stress, lack of sleep, hormonal imbalance, unhealthy lifestyles etc can take a toll on your skin.
Benefits of Oxygen facial therapy
- Oxygen facial therapy can increase the benefits of other topical application of skin care products exponentially
- It increases the elasticity of the skin along with the strength of collagen
- It increases the number of red blood cells
- It makes your skin more supple and radiant
- It acts as a stimulator for the immune system
- Aids in restricting capillary damage and increases blood flow
- Increases the ability of the skin to heal
- Gives you an even skin tone
- Diminishes inflammation and reddish appearance of the skin
- Helps to heal wounds on the skin
Related Tip: "Which Kind of Clothing Lets Your Skin Breathe?"