Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Ophthalmologists in India. You will find Ophthalmologists with more than 25 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Ophthalmologists online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment of Squint
Lasik Surgery Treatment
Routine Eye Checkup
Laser Cataract Surgery
Reduced Vision Treatment
Visual Field Testing
Retina And Lasik Surgery
Endoscopic Dcr Procedure
Eye Muscle Surgeries
Submit a review for Dr. Chander NeroorYour feedback matters!
I met an NIN researcher who says not to take vit-c supplements. He says it is not natural. I have read many blogs and medical websites like mayoclinic and heard from the Doctors believing in taking vit-c supplements for strong muscles. Isn't vit-c 1000 mg or 500 mg good for health to the one who workout in the gym. Please clear this doubt! What is the replacement to vit c supplement.
She has been suffering from red eye with itching since last 4-5 days. Doctor prescribed cipromen for her, but I don't find any improvement. Please suggest any thing else.
My eyes will turn red oftenly, and feel like rubbing. I think when I see more mobile phone or laptop it happens like that. But when I consulted a opthalmology doctor they told it was due to infection. Please suggest your opinion and remedy for this.
Meri Ankh me goyni (Eye Sty) hui hai jo bohut dard de rahi hai koi medices suggest karen tisri baar hui hai.
I am studying in engineering with computer science so I have work on laptop. I want to secure my eyes with laptops display light. What will I do?
I have eye sight and would like get it cleared by LASIK surgery. Could anyone one suggest any good treatment for this?
My new born baby of 15 days has got watery eyes. Water keeps coming out of her eyes. What needs to be done in this case.
My eyes starts paining and so as my head. I CAN'T understand sometimes it's ok and sometimes I'm not able to work properly. Want to know why this is happening to me? Is it serious?
Sir, I am suffering from myopia (power. 5) since 1 year. Is it true that myopia can be removed if yes then please help me. I shall be obliged to you.
My eyesight is weak and wearing glasses for three years. What should I have to do for betterment of my eyes?
My eye is pain for 1 week because of, I see TV for every time that can I have this problem so what can I do at this time please give the solution for me.
Sir/Madam, I am wearing lens power -0.05 I don't like wearing spectacle. Can I have permanent cure for my eyesight so that I won't be wearing spectacle anymore?
I am 49 yr old, I am suffering from eye problem. My right rye tear duct got choke due to conjutivitus. Tears are draining out countinuously and eye remains wet whole time. Please suggest me the right solution. Eye specialist suggest for surgery.
Sir my eyes went much inner than the normal eye position So what can I do sir to correct my eye position in normal condition Please give me a good advice.
While it's assumed that numerous eye injuries are inflicted at work, just about the same number of them may happen while at home. Luckily, most eye wounds are preventable. Find ways to prevent eye injuries, as the eyes are very sensitive and delicate.
Here is a list of some of the most common eye injuries and tips on how to prevent them:
- A lot of eye injuries happen from dust particles entering the eyes, causing itching and burning sensation. Protective glasses should be worn when doing any kind of activity in a dusty area with flying particles.
- Pencils, scissors, forks, knives and all similar sharp objects can cause a serious eye injury. Day to day household items like bungee cords, wire coat hangers, rubber bands and fishhooks are capable of causing eye injuries. You must always remain aware and super conscious while using such objects.
- While performing activities such as dusting, sweeping or lawn mowing, make sure to protect your eyes well as dust is involved.
- Children are very curious by nature. Thus, all hazardous stuff like fertilizers, acids should be kept away from their reach. These contain harmful chemicals, which may inflict fatal damage to the eyes.
- Cooking powder and spices like chili powder can cause injury to the eye. Always wash your hands after using these items, so that you don't harm the eyes if you by chance rub them with your hands.
- Precautions should be taken while dealing with heat or boiling water or oil. They may spill and cause damage to the eyes.
- Secure floor coverings and railings. On the off chance that a kid or elderly man lives in your home, use a safety gate at the top and base of stairs, and consider covering sharp furniture edges and corners with a padding material.
- While travelling in a car, abrupt jerking or breaks may cause the head to bump and cause injury to the eye. Always put on your seat belt and do not allow children to sit in the front of a car.
- Many modern toys, which are very attractive have got sharp edges because of their fancy design. Abstain children from playing with these kinds of toys.
- Laser pointers, a common fun gadget for children is very harmful and causes permanent damage to the retina. Stay away from laser pointers.
- Wear eye gear to protect your eyes during sports activities. Also wear goggles during swimming as chlorine in swimming pool water damages the eyes.
Eye injuries may happen out of nowhere. You must always remain alert to avoid eye injuries.
Eye fatigue is a condition where the eyes are constantly tired and in some amount of pain as well. The other symptoms of this condition can also include swelling, burning and itching. Other ailments and conditions in the body like computer vision syndrome and others can cause this condition as a side effect and it should be referred to an ophthalmologist at the earliest for treatment.
So what else do we know about tired eyes or eye fatigue? Here are our list!
- Causes: Usually, this condition may be caused by activities that require the constant movement and focus of the eyes for tasks like reading, writing, focusing on the glare and flicker found in computer screens or on smartphones, and more. Also, driving for a long time and exposing the eyes to too much sunlight can lead to this condition. Video games and handheld devices may also lead to the same. Also, the presence of more serious ailments in the body as well as computer vision syndrome that hits roughly 50 to 60% of workers who use computer screens on a daily basis and for long hours, can lead to this condition. Lack of sleep and a poor diet that does not have plenty of nutrients can also cause this condition and other related symptoms.
- Symptoms: There are many symptoms of this condition including redness, itching, burning, swelling, watery eyes and much more, which will leave the eyes feeling tired. Also, blurred or cloudy vision may be experienced by patients for whom this condition has become more severe. The patient will also end up facing difficulty when it comes to focusing or driving for long periods of time, and headaches may take over after a few hours of reading or computer screen times. Also, related symptoms include acute pain and dull aches in the neck and shoulders which can trickle down to the upper back region.
- Treatment: The best treatment for this condition is with the help of lifestyle changes like cutting down your working hours and taking frequent breaks. Also, you could place your computer screen at least 20 to 26 inches away from your face while you are working so that your eyes are at a more comfortable distance and do not get affected too easily. You must also try and limit your screen time in terms of hand held device usage. A doctor may also carry out an eye exam and prescribe artificial tear inducers or bifocal lenses to deal with the problem.
Persistent eye fatigue must be checked by an ophthalmologist who will arrive at a proper diagnosis and treatment.