Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Audiologists in India. You will find Audiologists with more than 26 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Audiologists online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Submit a review for Dr. ChandanaYour feedback matters!
I have hearing loss problem and using hearing aid from last 25 years. How I can improve my hearing capacity ?
I am a 52 yr old women and m 90%deaf of both ears fue to ear imbslance n vertigo. I tried all doc. They say m normal othereise but cant understand why I hv mineirs disease. Recently my ent is trying cognex to revive my nerves. She says she cant guarantee.
My father have 35 percent hearing loss on right year. What is the corrective action? which is the best hearing aid company.
I am 75 year old with hearing problem (hard of hearing.) Is there any Ayurvedic medicine through which the hearing can be regained .If yes please let me know the name of medicine. Regards \green255\blue255\red255\green255\blue255\red0\green0\blue0} \deftab720 \pard\pardeftab720\partightenfactor0 \f0\fs38 \cf0 \cb2 \expand0\expndtw0\kerning0 \outl0\strokewidth0 \strokes3 }
Ask 10'll get an answer right down the middle so I'll ask on here. I know with Peri and menopause sugar isn't it's not good in general for anyone and you always hear watch your caffeine (because of hormones) So, which is chocolate or milk.
I seem to have some tenderness under the right ear lobe and behind the ear. I have done an audiometry test few years back and was told that I cannot hear noises in the higher frequency. Could it be because of that? is it anything to be worried?
I do not hear any sound from my left ear. Already visited too many doctors in Hooghly, Burwan in West Bengal, but problem is not recovered. I am suffering from this problems last 1 year. I have no pain & no discharge from this ear. Result of audiometry hearing test is Left mild conductive type hearing loff.
1. Congenital causes
2. Maternal rubella syphilis or certain other infections during pregnancy
3. Low birth weights
4. Birth asphyxia
5. Severe jaundice in neonatal period
dear sir/madam i am suresh from mumbai request for your need that my only sister is unable to hear due to nerves problem. She was normal at the time of birth but due to an accident she got fractured her left leg and hospitalized her about 1 month and took too much medicine for recovery her,date time she was only 5 years old.she was heard up to 13 years of her age and slowly slowly she is getting hearing problem. i consulted with the ENT doctors and they only said that she has nerves problem due to the medicines she was taken at the time of fractured and take audiography test and put hearing aid but she is only 21 years old now and study.so please tell me what to do and whom i need to consult about this.
Hearing is one of the five senses that you or anyone else relies on for communication and a whole host of other things. Among the five senses, touch, smell, taste, hearing and sight, it is often hearing, which is the most easily affected. You don't have to be a senior citizen to experience hearing loss as it is quite common among younger people as well. This problem is also getting widespread with each passing day.
Before coping with hearing loss, the first job is to detect it
If you have a hunch that you or any of your loved ones is suffering from hearing loss, it is important that you get it diagnosed. Some of the common symptoms of hearing loss will be:
- Hearing difficulties while talking to someone over the phone
- Straining to hear conversations with family members or friends in household situations
- People usually need to repeat what they talk to you with a louder voice
- You often hear complaints that you keep the TV too loud.
- In crowded situations, such as family gatherings or a restaurant, you have problems listening to people.
Although this condition tends to affect senior citizens, an increasing trend shows younger people i.e. people mostly in their 40 and 50s and even younger than that suffer from this condition.
How to deal with hearing loss?
Some of the options to deal with hearing loss are mentioned below.
- Once diagnosed with hearing problems, change your ways of communication: If you or your loved ones have been diagnosed with hearing problems, it is important that both adjust your ways to deal with the problem. Rather than getting angry at the other for not being able to communicate effectively, develop and strategize ways to make communication less problematic and erratic.
- Cochlear implants: This is a newer technology, which has gained popularity in the past decade or so. These are directly implanted into the inner ear and are designed to bypass the damaged areas of the ear and directly stimulate the auditory nerve. These have become very popular, although, are not a replacement of natural hearing. It is only prescribed for people who have severe hearing loss or are deaf.
- Hearing aids: Although selecting a hearing aid is difficult as the patient needs to be comfortable, once selected it is one of the best solutions for the hearing impaired. The functionality of these devices can be extended with the hearing assistive technology or HAT devices that can focus the audio waves depending on the situations and give a more tailored approach for every individual's needs.