Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 34 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Management of Pregnancy
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Chanda BalajiYour feedback matters!
I am a 31 years female .i m recently diagnosed with non functional adrenal adenoma rt with size 22*17 mm. I am taking thyronorm since 6 months. I went to my gone for longer days of menstruation for two months and was advised for whole abdomen ultrasound. I was suggested for ct n that was incidental finding. My menstrual irregularity is treated by novelon. Tb screening and endometrial biopsy negative. Please suggest me how this adenoma to be treated.
I am having stone since last two years. My treatment is also going on. I have noticed blood in urine today in the morning. Why it was? please reply asap.
Sir, I'm a 21 years old female. I've irregular menstrual cycle, also have hair growth on my face. I'm getting fat day after day. What should I do? Is this a disease?
Hi doctor. my wife does not conceive after her leoroscopic removal of gall bladder. What may be the reason for that and remedy. Please answer. If she needs any medicines please prescribe. She has irregular period and excess bleeding.
I have hormonal problem. Today is my 12th day of periods I have also anemia what should I do for stopping my period problem?
Hiii doctor, I m poonam, we are planning for baby, But we don't understand that why I m not conceiving.what to do
My age is 54. I am in post menopause time. My problem is wait. In spite of doing regular exercises and balanced diet I am facing wait problem. I am unable to melt my wait. This may be due to hormone imbalance. But how long this is going to be bothering me. Now my wait is 64kgs. I feel fatigue, body heavyness and more appetite. Please advice how to maintain my wait.
I was 5th month pregnant .From past one week I was getting pain in the uterine region. This is my second pregnancy. First one is c section. It seems to be muscle pain .All scans previously done were perfect. No issues. I want to know why this pain is coming. My wt. Is 72 kgs now. Please help me.
It is nothing to feel embarrassed and ashamed having gynecomastia. It is caused due to several reasons such as hormonal imbalance, prescription of illegal drugs or excess of fat in the body.
Gynaecomastia/ pseudogynaecomastia surgery by laser liposuction and laser gland removal without scar in the chest.
Affects an estimated 40 to 60 percent of indian men. For men who feel self-conscious about their appearance, male breast-reduction surgery can help. The procedure removes fat and or glandular tissue from the breasts, and in extreme cases removes excess skin, resulting in a chest that is flatter, firmer and better contoured.
Visit #silkee_cosmetology_laser_clinic to perform gynecomastia surgery
Stop feeling embarrassed about male boobs.
Gynaecomastia/ pseudogynaecomastia surgery by laser liposuction and laser gland removal without scar in the chest.
The primary #symptoms_of_gynecomastia is enlargement of the male breasts. Gynecomastia is the enlargement of glandular tissue rather than fatty tissue.
It is typically symmetrical in location with regard to the nipple and may have a rubbery or firm feel.
Gynecomastia usually occurs on both sides but can be unilateral in some cases.
The enlargement may be greater on one side even if both sides are involved.
Tenderness and sensitivity may be present, although there is typically no severe pain
I am 20 years and have irregular menstruation problem like not having period two months in a row often. Can you help me?
In India, we move from one festival to the next. Lohri is the first major festival of the year and is celebrated in most parts of North India to mark the waning of winter and the harvest of Rabi crop. Lohri celebrations are characterised by blazing bonfires, folk dance and songs and trays filled with rewri, peanuts, popcorn, gajjak, sarson ka saag and makki ki roti. Unlike traditional mithais that go along with all other festivals, these foods are in fact healthy. Here are a few of their health benefits.
- Rewri and Gajjak: Rewri is a hardened toffee like sweet made from jaggery and sesame seeds. Jaggery helps regulate digestion and internal temperature, cleanses the blood and helps prevent problems like acne, joint pains and menstrual problems. It is also a rich source of iron and has anti-allergenic properties.
- Sesame seeds: Sesame seeds are rich in copper, zinc, iron, calcium, phosphorus and manganese. These nutrients help promote healthy bones, boost immunity, reduce stress and fight free radicals. This can help reduce chances of osteoporosis and slow down the ageing process. Sesame seeds are also said to have the ability to reduce the risk of many types of cancer.
- Peanuts: Peanuts are a rich source of folate, manganese and essential amino acids like tryptophan. This helps regulate blood sugar, metabolise fats and carbohydrates and helps the body to absorb calcium and promote healthy joints. Pregnant women can benefit from peanuts as the folic acid in them can help reduce the risk of giving birth to a baby with congenital defects. Peanuts can also help prevent gallstones and help regulate mood swings. Peanuts are also great for the brain as the vitamin B3 and niacin in them helps boost memory. These nutrients also help reduce bad cholesterol and increase good cholesterol levels. Hence, peanuts reduce the risk of heart disease.
- Popcorn: Unlike the popcorn you enjoy at a movie hall, popcorn that is eaten at Lohri celebrations is free from butter and added flavouring. On its own popcorn is a rich source of fibre and has a very low calorific value. This makes popcorn a good snack to eat between meals. Popcorn is a whole grain snack and is rich in anti-oxidants called polyphenols. This can help protect the body against cancer, heart disease and other diseases caused by free radicals.
To make your Lohri even healthier, don’t just sit around the bonfire and warm your hands, Get up and dance to the beat of the dhol and burn all the calories you’ve been eating.
I am 30 years old woman but I dont have any child. Is there any problem if I conceive after 1 more year.
What is yoga?
Yoga is the practice of asanas and breathing techniques deigned to strengthen both the body and the mind. Therefore, there are many benefits of practicing yoga for your mental health. The practice of yoga has increased worldwide. The reason this 5000-year-old tradition is slowly taking over is due to the immense impact it has on your mental health. Stress, anxiety, insomnia etc. are all slowly on the increase and thanks to the proven impact yoga has on regulating each of these conditions, the practice is slowly increasing.
Here are some of the impacts of yoga on mental health:
1. It moves you from the sympathetic nervous system to the parasympathetic nervous system:
In simple terms, it takes you from the fight or flight reactions to the rest & digest. In a more relaxed state you typically feel less anxiety and stress.
2. Yoga decreases heart-rate and blood pressure:
Doing an hour of yoga a day can help decrease your heart rate and blood pressure. Once your heart rate is in control it slowly brings about a more relaxed state. This in turn helps reduce the levels of anxiety.
3. Yoga encourages a positive mind-set:
Like any form of exercise, yoga release endorphins, that are feel good chemicals. The release of this neurotransmitter helps reduce stress levels and forces the brain to re-write itself in positive ways. A more positive attitude also helps manage depression better.
4. Yoga improves attention and memory:
Another important benefit to yoga is the impact it has on memory and attention span. After only a 20-minute yoga workout, memory and concentration improves.
5. Yoga helps build self-esteem:
Self-esteem is an important aspect of self. You cultivate a non-judgemental relationship with yourself. You learn to trust your decisions and actions. Your confidence levels increase and this helps you build a healthy ego wherein you have nothing to prove and only work for your satisfaction.
Pelvic Inflammatory Disease, also known as PID, is characterized by an infection that occurs in a lady's reproductive organs. Usually this occurs as a result of a complications arising from a STD. The disease causes severe damage to the ovaries, fallopian tubes and the uterus. It is one of the bigger causes of infertility in women.
The cervix which is the entry to the uterus has the function of stopping bacteria that are present in the vagina from spreading to the other organs. Once infected by a STD, the cervix can no longer perform its function of preventing the bacteria from spreading to other organs. PID develops when the infection spreads from the cervix to the upper areas of the genital tract.
There are certain factors which increase the chances of being affected by PID:
- Being sexually active
- Already affected by STDs such as gonorrhea
- Past history of PID
- Having multiple sexual partners
Women may experience pain while urinating and engaging in sexual intercourse, coupled with sore feeling in the stomach along with nausea. Abnormal vaginal discharge and a rise in body temperature are common symptoms as well.
Once the disease has been diagnosed by a doctor, a treatment plan is devised. The treatment options that you can avail of are:
- Medications: If the symptoms are mild, then the doctor will prescribe antibiotic medications. Usually the antibiotics are administered by mouth unless the symptoms are severe, when the drugs are administered intravenously. Your partner would also require medications if you happen to be diagnosed with PID, so that he/she does not catch it.
- Surgery: Surgery is recommended by the doctor in case of tissue inflammation and the presence of pus (abscess). The aim of surgery is to get rid of the abscess to prevent any further infection.
In addition to the treatment methods, there are certain precautionary measures that you can adopt to be safe:
- Have protected sex.
- Try and stick to one sexual partner.
- Visit your gynecologist for regular checkups.
Herpes is one of the most common STD of present times. Sometimes, there are people who are infected, but do not have any symptoms and can spread the infection to their partners. Genital herpes infection can be caused by two strains of virus, HSV1 or HSV2 (HSV for herpes simplex virus). It is spread by direct contact, from the site of infection to the site of contact. The infection usually presents as a sore (vaginal, anal or oral areas) and the fluid in these lesions contains the virus. When another person comes in contact with these sores (any region), then the infection spreads. This spread could be from any one contact area to another contact area.
When herpes is transmitted from people who are infected with the virus, but have no obvious symptoms, these are usually called prodromal symptoms, which include itching or tingling in the area of contact. The virus can spread from this area to the other person, and this form of transmission is known as “virus shedding.”
The infection can spread even during these initial stages until the sores are formed, to the time when they are completely healed and the skin looks normal again. Any sexual contact (vaginal, oral, or anal) can be risky and lead to the partner getting affected (75% chances of infection).
Asymptomatic transmission is also possible wherein the infection spreads when there are no symptoms in the infected person. In some people, the virus remains dormant for years together, but these people continue to shed the virus and are capable of infecting. This is more common with HSV2 strains than HSV1.
Pregnancy is another tricky situation where the infant can get infected through the mother. If there are traces of the virus in the vaginal tract, then it is safer to not have a vaginal delivery, else there are higher chances of the infant getting infected.
Newborns and/or babies can also get infected when someone who is infected kisses the baby. Given that their immunity is low, the chances of developing an infection are quite high. It has also been suggested that having cold sores puts a person at higher risk of developing HIV, though this remains to be proven.
Listed below are some ways to prevent or lower the chances of getting infected with the herpes virus.
- The most effective way to avoid STDs is to not have vaginal, anal or oral sex with a person who is likely to be infected.
- Get involved in long-term, monogamous relationship with a person who has been tested negative.
- With every sexual interaction, use latex condoms in the right manner. However, please note that condoms may not offer full protection from getting infected. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a Gynaecologist.
I have a 9 month old baby. After delivery, my body became very weak and I had to consult doctor. She suggested me go through few tests and it came out that my vitamin D3 count was 14. Doctor suggested me" uprise d3" once a week for 3 months. Though my pain has reduced, but I don't feel the same I was before having my child. Any help in this regard would be appreciated.
PMS or premenstrual syndrome affects women exactly prior to their menstrual cycle. This syndrome may have affects manifold, impacting a woman’s physical health, behavior and emotions. The condition is very common and affects more than 80% of the women before their monthly cycles begin.
The exact cause of PMS is not yet ascertained. It is believed that changes in hormones in the body can lead to PMS. Before the menses start, progesterone and estrogen levels tend to dip in the body. This hormonal dip results in anxiety, anger and irritability issues. Levels of serotonin, a chemical in the brain which affects your moods and thoughts, in the body also decrease at this time. Here are certain factors which make you prone to PMS –
- Family history of PMS
- Being subject to domestic violence
- Emotional and physical trauma
- Substance abuse
- Past history of mood disorders
The menstrual cycle lasts for 28 days. On the 14th day, egg is released from the ovaries; this is known as ovulation. The bleeding or menstruation occurs on the 28th day of the cycle. Symptoms of PMS start to show up from around the 14th day of the cycle.
PMS includes signs such as abdominal cramps, bloating, acne and sudden craving for sweet foods. Stomach disorders such as constipation and diarrhea are also common. mental disorders such as anxiety and mild depression have also been observed.
Managing PMS Symptoms-
With PMS, one can take these steps to deal with the various signs of discomfort. Here are some remedies to deal with PMS symptoms:
- Eat a balanced diet consisting of fruits and vegetables to get Vitamins and minerals in the required amounts.
- Keep yourself hydrated to ease symptoms of bloating.
- Consuming supplements of folic acid, Vitamin D and calcium can help easing the symptoms.
- Sleep for 6-8 hours on a regular basis.
- Exercise regularly to beat stress and avoid bloating.
- Try relaxation techniques to get rid of stress or at least limit stress levels.
- Some pain killers can help combat the pain resulting from muscle aches. If you wish to discuss any specific problem, you can consult a gynaecologist.