Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 39 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Management of Pregnancy
Post Pregnancy Classes
Treatment of Gynae Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Endometrial Ablation Procedure
Treatment of Treatment of Breast Cancer
Management of Abortion
Hormonal Replacement Therapy Treatment
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment of Gynae Problems
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Menopause Related Issues
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Treatment of Mirena (Hormonal Iud)
Pap Smear Procedure
Polycystic Ovary Syndrome Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Chanda BalajiYour feedback matters!
Stress or pregnancy? I was pressured into sex 2 months ago. I missed my period this month and its worrying me. My aunt and I got a pregnancy test (there was two in the box) They both said negative. But whenever I eat I feel really bloated like a balloon. But the bloating didn't start until 2 weeks ago. Which is when my grandfather died. I was really close to him so its hard on me. My anxiety is bad and so is my depression. I do not know what it is. I'm confused. I haven't had any morning sickness. My boobs do not hurt. I'm never tired. I'm always up like I always am. Its not an uncommon thing for me miss my period nor stay up all night.
My cycle due is 28 days very regular last month this is late by 5 days i. E. My date is 25.4. 2015 but period came by 1.5. 2015 this month my period came 25.5. 2015 why it is changed like this and tell me best days to participate sex for conceive.
I have missed my periods for this month. My age is 16. I'm having pain in my stomach and headache as well. Though i'm virgin, I never had sex. So, please suggest what would might have the reason behind this and help me out. -Thankyou.
Can you please tell me any safe emergency contraceptive while breast feeding which would not affect milk supply.
I had sex with my boyfriend not internal sex but a romantic sex he did not insert his penis into vagina but I slowed his sperm now I don't knw whether am pregnant or not.
Hi, I am 25years old female. I got married before 1 and half years. We didn't do any restriction to get pregnancy. We are doing sex continuously but still now I am not pregnant. I got period on Nov26. For the last time we have unprotected sex from Dec 5 to Dec 12. My cycle vary from 24 to 30 days. But I am having slight Nausea, dizzy.
I have physical with my husband on april month but I had period on april month 17/04/2016 but after that also I feel like pregnant like vomiting sick tummy like pregnant after that I have pregnancy check with kit so that was negative after that I had some blood spot like period but not proper period I am scared feel like pregnant please help.
The countdown has already begun and 2 days are left for the arrival of 2016. The upcoming new year party is an occasion to dance, eat and rejoice with our friends and family. Everyone aspires to look gorgeous, look stunning and look beautiful. All that one need’s to do this party season is getting back in shape.
We need to make some healthy choices so that there is a steady weight loss. Take a look at some of the exciting tips for losing weight this party season.
Follow these tips and lose weight instantly this party season and to look stunning!
1. The Green Tea Effect - The best beverage
Consuming green tea more than twice a day shall keep the metabolism process active, this shall help in losing weight. The more the fat burning takes place, the lesser one needs to work on losing.
2. The Honey, Lemon and Luke warm water everyday
This amazing mixture should be consumed right in the morning before the breakfast on an empty stomach. Following this practice, it will not only help in reducing weight and make you look slim but also give you a glowing skin.
3. Yoghurt - A must-have dairy product
Yoghurt is a highly effective food which has to be included in the regular diet plan to make sure there is no fat accumulation around the tummy.
4. Exercise regularly for a healthy body
Regular exercise makes us active, fit and healthy. It also helps in burning calories. One must perform light exercises everyday for about half and hour to one hour.
5. A big No-No to Fatty foods
Avoid ghee, oil, butter, cheese, maida, potatoes, rice and sweetened products. We all may love non-vegetarian delicacies, but try to run away from spicy, oily and non-vegetarian food.
It is very difficult to resist ourselves and stick to a diet plan. But one can always give a try. After all, everybody appreciates a person with a sound mind and a healthy body. Give it a try, it will definitely do wonders.
I had sex 2 days ago with my husband. During sex the condom broke and he quickly changed the condom, it was a matter of split second. I went to urinate so as to wash away any sperm that might have escaped from the broken condom. However he is not sure whether he ejaculated or not. I do want to take any contraceptive pills due to their long term side effects. My cycle was started on 16th and ended at 20th of December 2016. What should I do? Are there any chances of pregnancy?
I have irregular periods, sometimes twice a month and sometimes I don't have any periods at all in a month. And also heavy bleeding occurs during my periods. Is it normal. Please suggest me something to make it normal if it isn't.
Im 18 year old my boyfriend is also 18 year old if we want abortion where should we go and how many hours will abortion take if its before 10 weeks i.e through pills?
I'm 18 years old. I took I pill last month on 5th I got my period on perfect date and were normal. That time condom broke that's why I took it, this time it was not protected at all that too without my consent but all though he didn't ejaculate in me. Can I take I pill again? What are side effects of taking I pill again? Please help.
Bariatric surgery refers to a host of surgical procedures that help a person suffering from obesity to lose weight. Various methods are used to achieve the desired results, often times using the help of a gastric band to decrease the size of the stomach or surgically removing a small portion of the stomach.
Notwithstanding the result, bariatric surgery like any other surgery, involves certain risks. Some of them are:
- Uncontrolled bleeding: One of the most common risks that any surgery entails is that of excessive or uncontrolled bleeding. If this condition persists, they often times lead to death.
- Infection: Though infections seemingly appear easily preventable and easy to deal with, they often snowball into fatalistic danger to the point of no recovery.
- Side-effects of anesthesia: Administering a general anesthesia before performing any surgery is a common practice. However sometimes it may yield certain unforeseen consequences.
- Clotting of blood: Quite similar to excessive bleeding, even clotting of blood presents an equally if not more hazardous situation. Though sometimes timely intervention of medications resolves the situation, often it aggravates into a grievous cause of concern.
- Hypoglycemia; Hypoglycemia refers to the condition when there is a deficiency or the lack of glucose in the blood. Though this is a side-effect of bariatric surgery, it does not appear immediately but rather surfaces many years after the operation was performed.
- Emotional disorder: Along with physical ailments, post bariatric surgery may also affect you emotionally. Post-bariatric surgery may sometimes lead to emotional and behavioral disorders in you and sudden, incomprehensible mood swings.
- Death: Though rare, one cannot negate the possibility of death as a plausible risk of bariatric surgery.
Vaginal discharge or odor is one of the most common conditions in women, yet the least talked about or taken help for. It is of vital importance that more and more women become aware of the condition and stop neglecting it. It is this neglect towards the condition that leads to some ancillary side effects and the increase in the complexity of the situation. Before things take a turn for the bad, it is imperative that you take help from concerned medical specialists and fight the condition during its initial days itself.
Why consult a specialist?
Treating the condition as soon as you notice it leads you to stem other diseases and infections that may be caused as a side effect. Also, vaginal discharge and foul odor can become not only the cause of discomfort for your day to day life, but also a great hindrance in your private life. Don’t let a curable condition hamper your personal life and most importantly your conjugal life. Visiting a doctor will help you get rid of both the excessive discharge and foul order. All you have to do is shred that mental neglect and confining attitude, step out of the home and make way to the doctor’s clinic.
What causes vaginal discharge?
Some of the most common causes of vaginal discharge include-
- Yeast Infection: Vaginal yeast infection is by far the most common cause of vaginal discharge. This relatively common condition is caused by fungus. This factor is characterised by itchiness, irritation and swelling.
- Urethritis: Another cause influencing excessing vaginal discharge includes Urethritis. This condition is influenced by the inflammation and irritation in the tube carrying urine, also referred to as the urethra.
- Gonorrhea: Gonorrhea is an alarming cause of vaginal discharge. This disease is sexually transmitted and affects warm and wet areas of the body.
Other causes of vaginal discharge include pregnancy, anxiety, cervix inflammation, cervical cancer or history of the same.
Causes of vaginal foul odor:
Some of the most common causes of vaginal odor are-
- Infection: Fungal infection is a major cause of vaginal odor.
- Sweat: Accumulation of sweat in wet and humid areas of the body leads to a certain amount of odor. The same goes for the vagina.
- Hormonal change: Change in hormone and discharges also lead to a foul-smelling vagina.
- Overused tampon: Using a tampon for a longer period than prescribed can also lead to accumulation of periodical blood and bacteria, leading to foul smell from the vagina.
Treating vaginal discharge and foul odor:
In case that vaginal discharge and a foul odor is becoming a major concern in your life and making things uncomfortable for you, it is the time that you make your way to a medical specialist. Other preventive practices often suggested by doctors include- wearing loose clothes, not wearing a tampon for a long time, losing weight, consulting a gynaecologist before starting a specific treatment or medication, etc.