Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 30 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Chamundi SankariYour feedback matters!
I am 30 female my problem is that every month of 15th my period start but no 4 day over so now what I please do?
Hii doctor. My last period was Feb 4th now I'm running with 24 week pregnancy. But from my office I have very important meeting in mysore. Im staying in bangalore. Can I travel from bangalore to mysore. Pls answer me. On 6th August training is fixed.
Hi Agar mai bina protection sex karna chahta hu to kab sex karu ki meri wife pregnent na ho please suggest kijiye sir.
My sister is 22 yr old had slight pv bleeding in 1 st month of pregnancy (prime gravidum) associated with abdominal pain andshe consulted doctor who gave hormone injections and baby growth is normal. Now she is 6 weeks pregnant. Is there any risk of baby being born with congenital defects.
Hello. I am getting itching inside my vagina and in anal. Itz Making me rub all the time. Is it any worm infestation or any reason. please suggest me wht to do. Thank you.
Have any chronic of thalassemia? My gf is affected with this, moumita biswas. Will be it problematic during pregnancy?
Having a fever makes you feel weak such that you don’t feel like doing anything. Medical treatment for flu includes usage of antiviral drugs as prescribed for decreasing the severity and duration of the infection. You may also consult your doctor to know about the antibiotics that can treat bacterial infections which may arise as an effect of flu. However, antibiotics are not always required for treating viral infections like flu. On the contrary, you can also follow a few home remedies to get rid of your suffering.
Home remedies for treating flu
You can treat flu by following a few home remedies like resting in bed and avoiding physical exertion. Hydration is very important and minor pains and aches can be relieved with over-the-counter medications as prescribed by the physician. You should avoid spreading the flu virus and germs and wash your hands often.
- Stay hydrated: You should drink ample amount of water, clear soup and fruit juices. Though flu causes appetite loss, you should not depend on water entirely, as it doesn’t contain enough amount of electrolytes that are required for your body to function optimally. Energy drinks can also help you in this respect. In case these products are not available, you can also prepare a homemade solution by mixing plain or rice water with sugar and a pinch of salt. You can also enhance the taste by adding orange juice and freshly cut bananas, and you can drink it right away irrespective of your age.
- Getting rid of cough: Though expectorants and cough suppressants would help the cough to subside, steam inhalations can also prove to be useful for opening a blocked nose. To create steam, pour water in a pot and heat it. After removing the pot from the stove, cover your head with the towel and inhale the steam. The water should be hot, but not boiling, and you can also add eucalyptus oil and few slices of ginger to the hot water. Another way is to steam up your bathroom by allowing the shower to run with hot water and inhale the moisture from the steamy room. You should refrain from touching hard surfaces where the viruses would remain alive. Sneeze and cough into a soft tissue or a handkerchief and carefully dispose of the tissues once they are used. If possible, stay away from people who have flu.
With these simple homemade tips, you would be able to control the symptoms of flu. But in case it does not subside, you shall have to seek medical assistance.
Epilepsy is a common illness and therefore, we commonly encounter women with epilepsy (WWE), who are either pregnant or contemplating pregnancy. There are a lot of apprehensions and misconceptions regarding managing epilepsy in this group of WWE. Here, I wish to highlight some of the important aspects of managing epilepsy in women who are planning a pregnancy or are currently pregnant.
1. If a woman is seizure-free for at least two years, she can consider withdrawing anti-epileptic drugs (aeds) under the supervision of neurologist, and then plan for pregnancy.
2. If a woman has seizures, it is better to continue aeds during pregnancy, as the risk to the baby is several times higher with seizures, as compared to that with aeds.
3. Sodium valproate has the highest risk to the developing baby, and it should be avoided in pregnancy.
4. Aeds such as levetiracetam, lamotrigine, oxcarbazepine, topiramate, etc are safe and may be continued during pregnancy.
5. The lowest effective dose of aed should be used.
6. Try to use only a single anti-epileptic drug, if possible.
7. Folic acid vitamin supplements should be used in pregnancy.
8. The dose of anti-epileptic medication may have to be increased during the last three months of pregnancy.
9. Ct scan of the brain should be avoided, as far as possible, during pregnancy, as radiation exposure due to it may harm the baby.
10. Mri brain is reasonably safe for baby, especially after the first three months of pregnancy. So, if needed, it may be performed.
Sir/mam I had sex few days ago wt my we dint intend to bt we comitd a mstke. We are not married we truly luv each other. I felt nyc, special n luvly few days ago bt nw I feel vry guilty feel myself drty lyk anything. Please do not thnk dt my parents is careless n bad or nothing else. they hv brought me up wt intense care n ws vry strict bt d blender hpnd. I dnt fl gud. Nthng ws goin gud is few months bck evn nw nthng is fine. My bf is like ovr possesiv. Few days ago I was very tensed dt I cudnt slp n I bcam a bit cranky so bcam irritable to hm. At nyts I use to quarrel wt hm cz he dnt use to get tym fo me I kno he might b bsy bt stil I cudnt myself myself s I ws so much in stress ol ds. Days .i got lots f problems at hom bfo he ws vry gud he is stil nw bt m hv mixd feelings bout hm. I fl vry odd bout hm at sme points. He fls dt gals hu toks wt der bsties n spnd tym ah leabians. He is kinda weird n I dnt kno wt he thanks off. We have been three years in a relation. If I tok to guys he thanks I njoy der cmpny if I tok to gls he thanks m.lesbo.n ds days he boast f himself n hs family alot n underestimate mine's n me. I kno I did a blunder. Cn you please get me. Out f it. I luv hm bt d way he bhavs hurts me alot. N if in sme pt I m.wrng den pls do tel me. I wil b very mch grateful to u.n olso we hd sex 3 days continuously fo d frst tym n had 2 I pils dt day itself. Is there any chance of my pregnancy?
Suffering with pcod. Want to conceive early. Taking homeopathy medicine for last month. Irregular periods. One daughter. One abortion. Please help.
While having sex my wife's periods started, and we did not knew that, please tell me if there's any chance of infection as we didn't use any precautions.
Here are some treatments and symptoms of menopause