Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 44 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Endometrial Ablation Procedure
Treatment of Treatment of Breast Cancer
Management of Abortion
Hormonal Replacement Therapy Treatment
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment of Gynae Problems
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Menopause Related Issues
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Treatment of Mirena (Hormonal Iud)
Pap Smear Procedure
Polycystic Ovary Syndrome Treatment
Treatment of Uterine Bleeding
Antenatal And Postnatal Exercise
Submit a review for Dr. Chamundi SankariYour feedback matters!
Due to weight loss I am getting periods more compared to before moreover got 14 kgs weight loss so that was the problem for me I can't even go to work for first two days.
My wife is in the 23rd week of pregnancy. At the beginning of 21 weeks, she started to bleed. Doctor examined & deduced about Placenta Previa Posterior Type-II. Kindly let me know, about the risk factors involved & whether she will be able to deliver properly or not!
Health benefits of tea:
1. Polyphenols content: polyphenols, especially catechins and epicatechins, have anti-inflammatory and antioxidant benefits. These little powerhouses protect your body from the bad things you consume. Over time, they may even help reduce the risks associated with diabetes and cardiovascular disease. If you drink too much caffeinated tea, you may get a little jittery, but overall it suits a healthy lifestyle.
2. Weight loss: tea may be able to help you lose weight or keep that waistline in check. In a study of tea drinkers versus non-tea drinkers, the people consuming hot tea on a regular basis had smaller waistlines and a lower bmi (body mass index).
3. Increased muscle endurance: if you’re looking for better exercise endurance, green tea may help. Scientists discovered that antioxidants in green tea extract increase your body’s ability to burn fat as fuel. This allows you to build your stamina at the gym more quickly and reap the benefits of a healthier body.
4. Cancer protection: the powerful antioxidants found in tea can actually protect your body from cancer. Current research has shown that tea helps your body fight off certain cancers, including colon, breast, ovarian, prostate, and many others. Tea isn’t a cure for cancer, but it is a simple and effective superfood that can help lower your personal risk.
5. Fight free radicals: what’s a free radical? they’re the bad guys that invade your cells and alter them for the worse. The extensive damage they cause has been scientifically linked to heart disease, cancer, and even alzheimer’s disease. Despite your body’s design, it is not always able to fight off the free radicals – especially if you have a poor diet or lifestyle habits. Antioxidants found in tea help fight the bad guys.
6. Defend bones: the compounds found in green tea improve bone strength and density. This is great news as we age and our bones begin to weaken. Used in conjunction with mild weight or strength training and a healthy diet, green tea can help you fight the ravages of osteoporosis.
7. Regulate blood sugar: people with type 2 diabetes benefit from regular tea consumption. The compounds in green tea help the metabolic system process sugars more efficiently. In a surprising finding, studies showed that people who drank at least six cups of green tea per week were less likely to develop diabetes at all.
8. Boost brain power: many factors influence your brain health. Age, weight, activity levels, and smoking all factor into the way our brains age. Polyphenols in tea may slow the effects of aging in the brain’s memory and learning centers. This includes neurodegenerative diseases such as alzheimer’s, parkinson’s, and dementia.
9. Hydration: your body is comprised mostly of water. You have to have it for your body to function properly and experts estimate that 75 percent of americans are chronically dehydrated. Not everyone enjoys drinking gallons of water every day, and coffee (despite its other benefits) has dehydrating effects. Tea, despite the caffeine, is a hydrating beverage. Next time you’re falling asleep at 3 pm, try iced green tea for a refreshing pick-me-up instead of coffee.
10. Healthy teeth and gums: countries known for their tea consumption likely drink it plain or only lightly sweetened. Tea contains naturally occurring fluoride and tannins. These help prevent plaque from forming on the teeth. Unsweetened tea, along with a daily regimen of brushing and flossing, helps keep those pearly whites healthy.
I have some pain in my sternum. Whenever I consume food or water it pains. It started like 2 days ago. I didn't even gym and all. Is something wrong? Please tell me what to do.
Hello, i'm 27 years old. I'm married. Before marriage my weight was 55-60 around. After marriage I lost my weight too much. From last four years I lost 20 kg, now i' m 37 kg. Due to all this, I faces lot of problems such as weakness, white discharge and low hemoglobin. In every 15 days I took iron glucose due to my weakness and my diet is veg and non veg both. So please give me suggestion to my health. To become healthy.
What are the safe days to do sex? actually my duration cycle is 28-30 days and my last down date is 10th june 2015. So can you give me the detail of safe days. Or when should I do sex next time. And can we do sex without condom in safe days. And what are safe days?
Hlo doc M 7.2 week pregnant.in my first scan heart beat of baby not appeared. .doc told to rewire the scan next week again for decision. .pls give me some information.
My periods is 10th I took pregnancy test on 11th and I got the result positive. Should I be careful. Is it possible to get the result positive even after one day of missed periods?
Hi. My wife suffers sever pain at the time when her period starts. Doctor told me that she has polycystic ovaries by sering her" fsh" and another same kind of test of which I don't remember the name right now. Why does she get do much pain that she ev err n cries during this. She is 26 years old. We have been married from the past one year. Her condition during her periods was the same even before our marriage. She even does not conceive. My sperm analysis indicate that sperm motility is 30%.
Hlo I am 22 years old. I have done sex on 4th march 2016 nd after that periods came on 11 th march. Then nxt month on 17 april. And this month no periods till now. What is the problem. But I hv menses irregularity also. Is this delayed periods or something else.
Hi, I am 1 month into conception. I have throat pain, upper throat area and I am confused whether to get medication or not. Can you please suggest?
I am 35 years old & my wife is 30 years old. Now she want to became pregnant but each & every month result is zero. So please send me the way what could be the reason.
I am unable to conceive last 1 year after ectopic pregnancy and right tube removed and other is healthy please tell whether I would conceive or not with one tube.
Yummy tehri reinvented
Let's make a conventional tehri in our own style. Let's see how we promote the weight loss after eating healthy and nutritious food.
2nd recipe direct from my kitchen just for you.
Tehri (conventional way)
Rice 1 1⁄2 cup (24 tbs), soaked in water for 30 minutes, drained
Water 3 cup (48 tbs)
Vegetable oil 3 tablespoon
Turmeric powder 1 teaspoon
Salt 1 teaspoon
Cumin seeds 1 teaspoon
Peppercorns 1⁄2 teaspoon
Star anise 3
Cinnamon stick 1
Carrot 1, cut up
Green peas 1⁄4 cup (4 tbs)
Cabbage /cauliflower 1⁄2 cup
Onion 1, thinly sliced
1. In a pressure cooker, heat oil, add in the whole spices, cook for 30 seconds. Add onion and saute until the onions turn translucent.
2. Add the other vegetables and rice, stir and cook for 3 to 4 minutes. Pour in water, add salt and turmeric, close the lid and cook for about 5 minutes.
Serving (ideal for two serve).
Total fat 44 g 60%
Saturated fat 6 g
Sodium 2027.5 mg 84.5%
Total carbohydrates 264 g 87.9%
Dietary fiber 14.7 g 58.9%
Sugars 12.2 g
Protein 28 g 56.6%
Vitamin a 212.2% vitamin c 52.5%
Calcium 28.1% iron 59.2%
Who does not like the yummy tasty' tehri. Now lets make it our way. Very healthy, yummy and low calorie. My own version of my favorite tehri right from my own kitchen.
We will use the same ingredient in most healthy and low calorie style, and then check the calorie count of our tehri.
Same ingredients just minus the oil and lessen the carbohydrate of the rice.
1. Boil one cup rice rice, when they are cooked and then drain the excess water. So our simple rice is ready.
2. Take a kadai, it should be heated t the maximum flame, then add onion, tomato, garlic and cook them with no oil. Add in the whole spices with salt, cook for 30 seconds and saute until the onions turn translucent after that add peas, other vegetables like carrot, cauliflower, broccoli.
3. Cook till the vegetables becomes soft, then add the turmeric powder, dhaniya powder, lal mirch and cook for 1 min.
4. After that add little water in the mix and add rice. Cook for 5-7 min and your yummy healthy recipe is ready. Now lets check its nutrific and calorie value.
So now lets check what is the diffrence between boiled and steamed rice.
Boiling means straining the excess water (starch) when the rice becomes soft. Steamed rice refer to the rice which is pressure cooked.
So the difference in calories if we take 100 gram steamed rice the calorie is 150 kcal and in cooked 100 grams boiled rice the calorie is 100 kcal. And the carbohydrate content is also very less in boiled rice. Brown rice can be a more healthier option if you like the taste of brown rice.
Lets see the calorie counts of our tehri.
We have used only one cup rice and taken out the excess starch. Secondly try to use as much vegetables in the rice. Vegetable increases the nutritive value but decreases the calories. We have reduced the calories count by 900 kcal. There is no diffrence in taste but we have added more of vegetables. So your minerals, vitamins and antioxidantteh content is more. What more you can ask for?
Calories 800 kcal (for two servings)
Total fat 2 g
Sodium 2027.5 mg
Total carbohydrates 175 g
Dietary fiber 20 g
Protein 28 g
Vitamin a 212 vitamin c 5
Calcium 28.1% iron 59.2%