Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 42 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Endometrial Ablation Procedure
Treatment of Treatment of Breast Cancer
Management of Abortion
Hormonal Replacement Therapy Treatment
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment of Gynae Problems
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Menopause Related Issues
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Treatment of Mirena (Hormonal Iud)
Pap Smear Procedure
Polycystic Ovary Syndrome Treatment
Treatment of Uterine Bleeding
Antenatal And Postnatal Exercise
Submit a review for Dr. Chamundi SankariYour feedback matters!
My wife is having vaginal inflection for the last 1 month. Tried some medicine through a check up by gyneo but in vain. It also have burning feeling at time of intercourse. Please suggest.
I have had a painful itchy right breast for 6 months. Mammogram and physical exam show nothing. Breast lump and underarm tenderness. Is it breast cancer ?I have had a swelling under my right breast.
Hi doc we are trying for baby from 1.5 years after marriage all test are normal semen analysis and mine hsg and follicular study but after inter course all sperms are leaked out from vagina so is that a problem please help.
ये औषधियां शुगर के लिए दी जाने वाली अग्रेजी दवाओं के हानिकारक प्रभाव (side effects) को कम करतीं हैं,शुगर के कारण होने वाली शारीरिक क्षति से सुरक्षा करतीं है । एवं शरीर में शुगर की मात्रा को नियंत्रित रखने में मदद करतीं हैं।
Get effective ayurvedic "anti diabetic preparation" contact on lybrate
I am pregnant of nearly 29 weeks, a recent test has shown that the level of alkaline phosphatase is very high in my body (range more than 500. What is the effect of it on my baby? Please suggest something.
I am a 19 year old girl and I am facing symptoms of UTI I can't hold my pee even to get to the washroom, pain during urination, feeling unwell, dark yellow color, and a dull pain In vagina what meds shall I take?
Hi my baby is 2.5 months Will making him sleep on sides misshapen his head as said by the elders at home? Is breastfeeding while lying down safe?
Sir please advice me for not having pregnancy to my wife she is not able to conceiving since three months what are the ways by which she can conceived.
I had unprotected sex with my girlfriend but after sex she took unwanted72 within 2hours. We knew that bleeding will start after 7 days of taking the pill, but today is 8th day and bleeding is not started yet. Please help she do not want to get pregnant.
I am female 31 years old married. I have Pcod and thyroid and my period stopped it's been months no period. Can you pristine me any medicine to get my period?
Hello dear ma'am /sir, I had an unprotected sex last night with my boyfriend and it may be 13/14th day of my monthly cycle. I don't wnt to be pregnant. Should I take unwanted 72 pill. I am afraid as I have already consumed it two times this pill two weeks ago. PLEASE HELP ME.
I am 27 years old. I am having problem of irregular periods since 5 years. Hd done my hormone tests and usg for pcos and all is normal. Have tried lot of medications from different doctors including homeopathy bt still nt relieved and also having problem of weight gain. Please help me out getting my periods regular and lose weight.
My wife has faced once miscarriage earlier two years and now she is not conceiving. Her blood group is B - negative .Plz suggest me wat should I do ?
Pregnancy is a welcome change in a woman's life. She is full of hope and happiness while awaiting the birth of her bundle of joy. However, it is almost inevitable to bring up the topic of conception and leave out a host of bodily alterations or disadvantages it entails. You might eagerly wait for months in a row to conceive and once you do the signs of health issues show. Most noticeable of all other problems are the ones affecting your skin. Skin problems can be immensely predominant and widespread in a pregnant mother; so much so that her psychological disposition might vary considerably.
Commonly observed symptoms of the skin that may affect you during pregnancy:
- Your eyes may look puffy and withdrawn: While the news of a baby lighting up your life in a few months' time makes you very happy, it also subjects your body to exhaustion. It is natural for expecting mothers to feel tired and wasted. Acute iron deficiency and poor blood circulation could result in fatigue that further surfaces as dark circles and puffy bags under your eyes.
- Your face could develop acne suddenly: Acne is caused mainly because of excess sebum secretions from the oil glands present in your body. Excess oil tends to choke the open pores of your skin preventing it from breathing. Increased levels of progesterone are maintained by the human body for a strong uterine lining that is again required for the healthy development of a child; progesterone kicks off oil secretions.
- Spider like marks could spot your skin: Hormonal imbalances, sudden increase in weight, and heightened pressure in the veins may cause the blood vessels in your face to redden and grow big; the veins then look like the web of a spider. This condition is often referred to as Spider Angiomas.
- Big dark patches can also be seen: During pregnancy, your body has an excess of both oestrogen and progesterone. These hormones incite the impact of melanocytes, thus resulting in big dark patches on your skin. The condition is more prevalently known as Melasma.
We had a boy 2 years back and will be planning for next baby after 01 year. Till now we are using condom during sex and we are not satisfied with the usage of condoms. Please tell us the safest ways to avoid pregnancy other than Copper-T.
Love making during pregnancy is less talked about because it is a customary to distance pregnant ladies from intimacy. Many women even find it very uncomfortable to have sex during the pregnancy period as their body gets bigger. However, there are other ways you and your partner can opt for to satisfy your needs like caressing, holding each other and kissing. There are some partners who feel sex during pregnancy is the best moment for sex, while there are others who are feared and have their own concerns.
Sex During Pregnancy
Sex during pregnancy should be avoided. If at all done should be gentle, it should avoid pressing abdomen. However, it is safe in second trimester if woman is comfortable. Yes, it is alright for partners to have sex from second trimester onwards, if the woman has had a healthy pregnancy. This is because the thick mucus plug which seals the cervix in pregnant women safeguards the baby against any infection. The strong muscles of the uterus as well as the amniotic sac, keep the little one safe in the womb. NO damage can be caused by the penis of your partner to the baby while having sex. Women can feel some movement of their baby after orgasm. Couples need not worry about the baby, as in no case it would provide discomfort to the baby. The chances of having a premature baby are reduced at times by having sex regularly.
Conditions to Avoid Sex
- The conditions in pregnancy when it is better to avoid sex mainly include times when any spotting or bleeding occurs during early pregnancy. In such a case, the Doctors advise not to have sex for at least 14 weeks.
- Your doctor may even advise a pregnant woman not to have sex if she has a history of cervical illness, has had heavy bleeding, had a vaginal infection, and in case of low lying placenta.
- Pregnant woman experiencing frequent abdominal pain or cramps must also avoid sex during their pregnancy.
Sexual Behavior to Avoid During Pregnancy
- There are 2 ways that are not safe and must be avoided while having sex during pregnancy. The first way is oral sex. Any pregnant woman must not allow their spouse to blow air into the vaginal region. Blowing air into the vagina can cause air embolism, and this can be potentially serious for the mother as well as the baby.
- Pregnant women should not have sex with partners who have unknown sexual history as there are chances that he is infected with sexually transmitted diseases like HIV or Herpes. The diseases can be easily transmitted to the baby if you have sex with such a partner. It is better to avoid any complications and stay away from sex during the pregnancy period.
If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a doctor and ask a free question.