Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Neurologists in India. You will find Neurologists with more than 29 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Neurologists online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Electroconvulsive Therapy (Ect) Treatment
Assistive Walking Device Training
Radiofrequency Neurotomy Procedure
Surgery Of The Facial Nerve
Brain Suite Treatment
Brain Tumor Surgery
Cerebral Palsy Treatment
Cerebral Vascular Surgery
Csf Rhinorrhoea Repair Procedure
Decompression Microvascular Surgery
Deep Brain Stimulation Procedure
Treatment of Nerve And Muscle Disorders
Treatment of Neurological Problems
Treatment of Paralysis
Submit a review for Dr. ChakravarthiYour feedback matters!
I am having migraine problem. I get a severe headache whenever I travel. Kindly suggest me remedy. Nd even at night tym some times.
I HAVE ASKED THIS QUESTION MANY TIMES; NOREPLYHOMEO MEDICINE REQUIRED FOR INSOMNIA TOSLEEP SOUNDLY FOR 6-8 HOURScmkr27@yahoo. Com.
Sir mam please provide I have already have phobia some detail I asked doctor regarding that I have unwanted fat on one side that may be due to muscle strength loss but I am able to move my face wholly from both sides but doctor told me that it may be sIGN of bell palsy sir I was shocked to hear that . No symptoms yet even how .
I am suffering from insomnia. I can not sleep properly and area below my eyes getting black nd black. What should I do?
Whenever I go for sleep my right side of the nose is getting blocked but there is no runny nose. And I also have a headache in different parts of the head (not one sided) like above the ears in both side and sometime I also feel pain below the eyebrow. Some says it is migraine and some says it is due to sinus. What is it?
I am a 24 years old woman suffering from mild insomnia. This leads to headache and dizziness in the morning. Please suggest a cure to this problem.
I'm 26 years old male, and I have migraine problem since last 8 years, could you please suggest the solution to get rid of this?
My wife is suffering from migraine. Recently for las 6 months, she has frequent attacks of migraine. She is also have knee joints swelling and pain.
The neurones in the brain are constantly reorganising their connections both functionally and physically according to the environment, your thinking and behaviour. This ability is known as neuroplasticity. Through neuroplasticity the nerve cells of brain can compensate for injury to some parts of the brain and enable a person to recover from stroke, birth abnormalities. It is also beneficial in treating autism, ADD, learning disabilities and helps manage obsessive compulsive disorders.
Here are seven things you should know about neuroplasticity.
- Change depends on the attentiveness of the brain: Neuroplasticity changes can only happen if the brain is alert and active. When the brain is active it releases neurochemicals that are necessary for the neurone connections to change. If a person is distracted to inattentive, these changes cannot happen.
- The more the effort; the bigger the change: Neuroplasticity changes depend on how motivated the person is to change or learn new tasks. For this reason, when it comes to using neuroplasticity for physiotherapy, it is essential to first deal with any depression or anxiety issues the patient might be having before attempting to rehabilitate them.
- It helps strengthen neural connections: Repetition of actions is one of the key elements of neuroplasticity in physiotherapy. Through this, the strength of neurone connections is strengthened to include sensory information, movement and cognitive patterns.
- It improves cell to cell connections: This is crucial to a patient’s rehabilitation as it increases reliability and makes a person more independent. In turn, this makes behaviour patterns more reliable.
- It helps predict actions: A task can usually be broken down into a series of smaller tasks. For example, feeding oneself can be broken down into steps that begin with lifting a spoon and filling it with food to finally putting the spoon into your mouth. Hence, along with completing an action, the brain must also know what to do next. Neuroplasticity helps improve this associative flow and allows the brain to predict the next step.
- Changes can be temporary or permanent: Initial changes due to neuroplasticity are temporary ad only if the brain determines the experience to be desired is this change made permanent. This is why when treating mobility issues, patients are not always able to repeat tasks in the same way.
- Memory guides the learning: When making new neural connections through neuroplasticity, the brain is taught to discard unsuccessful attempts and only remember the experience of the successful attempts. From here, adjustments are made to improve the connection. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a neurosurgeon.
I am 28 years old male and I have hand shivering problem. Sometimes my hands shivering too much. What can I do.
What are the symptoms of brain tumour and how can it cured as early as possible, kindly give me a brief details.
it is been Found in the recent study that Women who suffer from Migraine headaches have 50 to 60 percent headache episodes when going through Peri - menopausal and menopausal time periods