Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Neurologists in India. You will find Neurologists with more than 41 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Neurologists online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment of Neurological Problems
Treatment of Nerve And Muscle Disorders
Treatment of Paralysis
Cerebral Palsy Treatment
Brain Tumor Surgery
Electroconvulsive Therapy (Ect) Treatment
Surgery Of The Facial Nerve
Radiofrequency Neurotomy Procedure
Spine Surgery Treatment
Traumatic Brain Injury (Tbi) Treatment
Treatment of Traumatic Brain Injury (Tbi)
Assistive Walking Device Training
Vagus Nerve Stimulation ( Epilepsy )
Submit a review for Dr. ChakravarthiYour feedback matters!
I am 47 years old male. I have intermittent explosive disorder from last 3 months. What should i do? please advise.
My wife is 57 years suffering from insomnia since quite long. Earlier she was taking Zolfresh - 5 mg and now taking Ativan 1 mg with doctor's advice. She takes it at 8.00 pm and get sleep at 10.30-11.00 pm. But she does not get sleep well. Pls. Advice.
My hand shivers all the time and it become tremendous when I got nervous, though I am only 22 years old. Is there any remedy to cure it?
I'm a 16 year old girl. I suffer from sleep paralysis. I feel suffocated, helpless, and I can't move at all when I wake up from sleep. I can see everything. My eyes are open. But I can't move at all. I try a lot to scream and call my mom or someone to wake me up but all in vain. I can't even move a finger. I shout internally in the hope that voice will come out. But it doesn't. I have to remain like that only. I get scared and helpless. Its terrifying. I don't wanna go to sleep sometimes because I'm scared that this will happen again. Please help me.
My friends grandson 16 yrs old is asked to use encorate 200 for 6 months, though the mri scan shows poisitive. Is it advisable to use the medicine for longer period
My sister is suffering from sever migraine along with vomiting. What is the best solution for treating this?
I am suffering from epilepsy from last ten years but I don't get any fit from 4 years. Can I leave our medicine, reply only when you take guarantee that no fit will arise after leaving medicine's?
Hello Madam, 10 days complete but no relief in left hand numbness can I still continue? Hypericum 1x, 2 tabs twice daily with warm water. Gelsemium 30 Ch, 3 drops twice daily.
Dear sir, my brother suffering from parkinson's decease from past 7 years, we tried hard for treatment but no treatment in english medicine. His hand is continuously shaking. Is there any treatment. Please provide details. How and where it can be treated.
I am 18 years old I have a severe headache since 3 days I actually have migraine so I feel so much of pain on my left side of eye and back neck pain so much of headache how can I reduce my migraine pain.
I am 20 years old student. I feel my brain to be less effective than before. Can dimagheen be any useful to me. Is there any side effect.
Sir I have a problem in my thigh some area is not sence properly what is this cause sir I have also leg pain some times in night time.
Mera ling tight hone par left ki tarah mur jata hai. I lose my sperm easily. I get excited and touch the ling and in few seconds I looses sperm. I am doing this since childhood. I think this is the reason that my ling after tighten get curve shape so in this regard what precaution should I take.
A lot of things can be done to cope with the initial stages of dementia. A person goes through a wide range of emotions such as fear, denial, frustration, and anger, post the diagnosis. Here is a list of tips that will help a patient with dementia to cope better:
- Physical health: For a dementia patient, it is very important to take care of one’s health. A good diet along with regular exercise and adequate rest is a prerequisite to manage this disorder.
- Regular check-ups: Regular medical check-ups with the doctor are necessary in this condition. Depression and other mental health problems should be discussed with a professional.
- Quit alcohol: Alcohol might give momentary pleasure from the misery, but it has long-standing implications. It reacts with the medicine and creates additional health and memory-related complications.
- Allocate time for difficult tasks: With time, it can become difficult to perform even the simplest of tasks. The patient should accordingly schedule the time to perform the tasks which may be difficult to carry out. Adequate breaks should be taken while performing a task to avoid getting fatigued.
- Redefine work: If a patient is suffering from dementia is still working, it should be ensured that the work is more manageable from a desk. Planning an early retirement may be a good idea in order to cope with dementia.
- Be organised: Keeping track of things can get difficult with time. It, therefore, makes sense to organise all belongings systematically. Putting labels on doors and drawers also help.
- Continue pursuing your hobbies: Amidst the difficulty and the depression, it is a good idea to continue doing things that are fun. While such activities might require some assistance from the doctor and family members, this helps the patient to be cheerful and healthy.
- Maintain notes: Since dementia is involved with forgetfulness, it makes sense to maintain a diary and keep records of phone numbers, people, appointments, etc.
- Communication channel: Maintaining a direct communication channel with family, friends, and relatives is a good idea. Sharing feelings will go a long way in maintaining relations with loved ones.
- Support group: Joining a dementia support group can be highly beneficial for the patient. It will not only give the patient company but also make sure that the patient gets a lot of useful information about the disorder. It also helps in keeping the morale up.
- Getting ready for the future: Things need to be meticulously planned well in advance to ensure that when the disease progresses, the patient has enough people to look after him. Things such as medical arrangements, financial assets, and property details should be carefully handed over as per the patient's wish. This will ensure a smooth run of the patients’ life when they can no longer take care of themselves. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a Psychiatrist.