Lybrate.com has an excellent community of General Surgeons in India. You will find General Surgeons with more than 38 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find General Surgeons online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Laparoscopic Cholecystectomy Procedure
Treatment of Lumpectomy
Treatment of Bone Marrow Transplantation
Kidney Stones Treatment
Male Breast Reduction Treatment
Accident Injuries Treatment
Gastric Bypass Surgery
Prostate Laser Surgery
Urinary Incontinence Surgery
Stem Cell Transplant
Post Induction Therapy
Post Induction Transplant
Varicose Vein Laser Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Candy PriyadharshiniYour feedback matters!
I want to know which one is best for vaginal wash, like "clean&dry" vs "v wash" also suggest me cream and powder. Bcz- I am always suffer from allergy, itching & boils.
My daughter aged 5 years is getting rashes/allergies since 15 days with mild fever with vomiting feel. please suggest me what to do.
My skin colour was changed because of roaming here & there pls tell what should I do to improve my skin tone.
Iam a 22 years female. Before a week I noticed a lesion or fissure you can say but exactly I dnt kw what it is. I also noticed little blood on stool. And area around dat is little black. I am very worried.
My son have a little more fat in chest portion. By liposuction can fat removes permanently tell me the approximate cost for liposuction treatment?
Dear Doctor, I am facing a problem with my face. I have small moles and black spots on my face. Due to this I am looking ugly. Please help me how to remove moles and spots on my face & How to improve skin color also.
Hi i am 19 years male still very light facial hairs? not proper deep voice? will it grow more? how to grow full & dark facial hairs?
Hi, I am 23 years old and I have serious dark circle problem and earlier I had an injury near one eye , now injury is gone but it left a scar what should I do to take care of both i.e. Dark circles and scar that left?
Is for fair lovely cream actually make tje the skin white. Is there any problem of using it. If it cause problems prefer me a good cream to make the skin white and brighter.
I am 68 years old. The skin on the back of my hands, on the knuckles appears to be dried up and looks reddish and rough. Earlier there were cuts on the knuckles but after applying MALAI there are no cuts but the skin still rough and dry on the knuckles of hands.
Hi Doctor, I am 26 (M). From last one year, I am facing the problem of dark circles under eyes. Is it treatable by home remedy. If yes, please advice the process. Thanks in Advance!
I have taken caberlin .5 mg tablet to stop breastfeeding but now I have severe pain in breast please hep me.
Hyperpigmentation is a medical condition which occurs when an area of the skin becomes much darker in comparison to the rest of the skin tone. This happens due to an excess of a pigment called melanin. Hyper-pigmentation is fairly common and many people have reported this condition at some point in their lives.
Types of Hyperpigmentation
1. Lentigines or Freckled Skin: They are mainly freckles which arise on the skin.
2. Solar Lentigines: Although these are known as age spots, sun spots and liver spots they are caused primarily due to prolonged exposure to the sun.
3. Melasma: This condition mostly seen in pregnant women and is caused due to hormonal changes during pregnancy. Melasma typically manifests as pigmented and patchy areas of discoloration on the face except the eye area.
What causes hyperpigmentation?
- Hyper pigmentation can be hereditary i.e. passed on to children from parents
- Prolonged exposure to sun.
- Picking and poking at the skin can also cause hyper pigmentation.
- Medications such as hormone treatments, antibiotics and anti-seizure drugs may result in it as an unwanted side effect.
- Skin injuries due to bad forms of acne vulgaris and inflammation.
How Homeopathy Works on Hyperpigmentation?
Homoeopathy considers blemishes or pigmentation as a local expression of a systemic / internal disturbance. Homeopathy believes that skin disorders are a reflection of an internal imbalance and to be treated from within. The homeopathic medicines are selected after a full individualizing examination and case-analysis, which includes the medical history of the patient, physical and mental constitution, genetic predisposition and so on. While choosing homeopathic remedies the cause of pigmentation is evaluated, for example, mental stress, hormonal imbalances, sun exposure, nutritional deficiency, poor immune system and so on.
Homeopathic treatment, which gets to the root of the problem will reinforce the immune system and gradually restore the pigmented spots to the normal skin color. Homeopathic medicines restore the hormonal imbalance and control the excessive production of melanin. Homeopathy will not inhibit the natural process of the skin's melanin production. It will act on melanocytes to produce less melanin naturally thus strengthening the skin cells to stay healthy and remove excessive melanin in the skin. This improves the quality (texture) of skin, blemishes disappear and further discoloration of skin stops.
For fast recovery and to maintain the skin texture and glow homeopaths also use external creams which are purely prepared by homeopathic Mother tincture and low potency’s and are very safe and without any side effects.
Homeopathy medicines cure pigmentation from the root cause and assuring the patient of not facing the similar problem in future. Some of the common homeopathic medicines for treating pigmentation are:
- Medicines like Lycopodium Clavatum can be consumed if you experience grayish-yellow discolored face with blue circles around the eyes. It can also cure brown spots on the nose and face.
- Sepia offincinalis can treat chloasma (Yellow spots on the face and a yellow mark across the upper region of the nose and cheeks). This medicine also treats ailments during pregnancy and is best suited for patients who have dark hair.
- Thuja occidentalis should be consumed to treat dry skin with uneven brown spots. People who have waxy faces with dark under eyes should consume this medicine.
- Argenticum nitricum can also be consumed if your face looks pale, old and bluish. It is best suited for people who have tense, hard and brown skin with irregular brown blotches.
- Cadmium sulphuratum can treat yellow stains on the cheeks and nose. This usually worsens due to prolonged exposure to the wind and sun.
- Copaiva offincinalis reduces brown lenticular spots. These spots give a mottled appearance and can itch at times.
- Caulophyllum thalictroides can be consumed by women who experience discoloration of the skin due to uterine and menstrual disorders.
- Plumbum melallicum usually treat liver spots, hyper pigmentation and reduces the oil content of the face.
These remedies treat discoloration of the face along with liver spots, brown spots and excess oil formation of the face which is accompanied by hyperpigmentation.
However, the correct choice and the resulting relief is a matter of experience and right judgment on the part of the homeopathy doctor. The treatment is decided after thorough case taking of the patient. Thus homeopathic remedies of pigmentation are tailor-made and should be taken after consulting a specialized homeopath.
If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult the doctor and ask a free question.
Lemon is a natural cleanser and it has anti-septic and anti-bacterial properties. The acidic properties of the lemon helps to lighten your skin and also removes dead skin cells. Take a slice of freshly cut lemon and rub it on the underarms daily before taking bath. Apply some moisturizer after bath because lemon can cause skin dryness. Another option is, make a paste by adding 2 teaspoons of turmeric to lemon juice. Apply this paste to your underarms and leave it on for 10 minutes, then wash it off with water. - see more at: http://www. Dailyhealthgen. Com/2014/11/how-to-get-rid-of-dark-underarms-fast. Html#sthash. Fj8t4fa5. Dpuf.