Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Endocrinologists in India. You will find Endocrinologists with more than 35 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Endocrinologists online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment Of Erectile Dysfunction
Treatment Of Male Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Thyroid Problems Treatment
Thyroid Disorder Treatment
Diabetic Diet Counseling
Urinary Incontinence (Ui) Treatment
Pre And Post Delivery Care
Sperm Donor Program
Adult Diabetes Treatment
Type 1 Diabetes Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. C V PillaiYour feedback matters!
I am 40 years old male and have back pain and neck pain, uric acid increases when I eat like chicken, paneer etc what should I do, I am suffering last 3 years.
Hi dctr. I am having thyroid since the age of 11 yrs. Now my age is 21. I got my thyroid report TSH level 1.43 and I am using 75 mcg thyronorm tablet. Now much mcg I should take frm now. Rpy me.
I'm suffering on sugar. Please suggest me some food to remain fit and normal. Also tell me the quantity in which I should take them.
Hello. My dad’s est. Glomerular filtration rate is 81. His serum globulin is 3.7,Thyroid stimulating hormone is 8.09 what does that mean?
My blood sugar fasting is 125 and pp is 251. Please advise me the best medicine to control my sugar level. My left side stomach is always feeling me a little pain like bite of aunt.
Goodevening doctor, I am 35 years old lady diagnosed with hypothyroid since 2 yrs. Taking 50 mg eltroxin daily. My weight is gaining so much should I take green coffee bean tablets for weightless. Is there any sideeffects of this. Regards.
I am 61 yrs old. I am having high bp and high blood sugar. For bp I am taking telmekind amh once daily and the bp remains at 100-110/140-150. For high blood sugar I am taking: - gp 2 bbf - glycomet sr 500 abf - same as above al - istavel 100 bd. Blood sugar remains at- fbs 112, ppbs-190. Pl advise whether I should continue this medication ( I am under this since two months) or change this. If please. Suggest.
I am suffering from HBP & Diabetics since last 4 years. My present count of BP is 92: 145 and Sugar level are 215: 258. I am using Amlodac AT (one time) and Gemer 2 (two times). My right leg is swelling since last 3 months. Pl. Advice what to do to control Blood Sugar and pl let me know the reason for swelling and its remedy.
40 days back I had blood test my random blood sugar was 267 and doctor suggested me restrict-2 for 15 days and after 15 days had random blood test results showed 96 and doctor had advice me to have half tablets restrict-2 (glimpride) and my cholesterol was also high and tablets had been given.
My problem is body heat is going high and also have sugar in my body. Anybody please help me resolve this problem.
My wife also have thyroid problem please suggest home remedy she also takes 0.5mg thyrnom every day.Please do help
There is lot of ad. Of lifespan, diabetes & cardiometabolic clinic & r. I. S. C. Test. Is it reliable and effective, expert opinion is requested pleases.
Diabetes is a chronic condition where glucose level of your body rises too high. There are two types of diabetes type 1 and type 2. In case of type 1 diabetes, the body fails to produce insulin and people suffering from this condition have to depend on insulin injections for the rest of their life. In case of type 2 diabetes the body produces less amount of insulin which is not enough for the proper functioning of the body. This type of diabetes can be kept under control by following a healthy diet and practicing exercise regularly.
Why diabetic wounds can cause severe problems?
Diabetes can cause a number of complications that makes it harder for certain wounds to heal. These include:
- Nerve damage: Until a cut or blister worsens and becomes inflamed, in case of neuropathy, you will not experience the pain. Diabetics often suffer from neuropathy, making it difficult for wounds to heal.
- Weak immune system: A minor wound may even get severe and become infected if your immune system fails to exercise its natural defenses.
- Narrow arteries: Blocked arteries may cause severe wounds which becomes difficult to heal. Clogged arteries make it difficult for the blood to flow to the affected area which slows the process of wound healing.
Treating a diabetic wound
You can follow the methods mentioned below to avoid getting infected:
- Taking care of the wound immediately. If the wound is not cleaned and taken care of, letting bacteria to build up, it can lead to infection.
- Avoid using soaps and hydrogen peroxide to irritate the injury. Use antibiotic lotions to prevent infection and use a sterile bandage to keep the affected area covered.
- Consult your doctor before any minor problems turn to larger ones
- Since the bottom of the foot is a common place for developing blisters and calluses in case of diabetic people, try to keep pressure off the wound as it slowly heals If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult an endocrinologist.