Lybrate.com has an excellent community of General Physicians in India. You will find General Physicians with more than 29 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find General Physicians online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Diagnostic Cardiac Procedures
Treatment of Endoscopic Sinus Surgery
Treatment of Lumbar Radiculopathy
Oxygen Therapy Treatment
Hiv Prophylaxis Post Exposure
Restylane Vital Procedure
Treatment of Shin Splints
Treatment of Shin Splits
Management of Smoking Cessation
Treatment of Tetracycline Stains
Weight Management Treatment
Asthma Management Program
Skin Detoxification Treatment
Head And Neck Pain Treatment
Health Check Up
Health Screening For Men
My girlfriend asking me to have sex in her periods. And I am afraid to this. Can I have her during her periods?
Hello am around 20 my periods was due on 30/5/16 but am late by 2 days I had intercourse (withdrawal method) 10 days back 19/5/16 am facing constipation with gas faint lower abdomen pain and bloated abdomen my cervical mucous is creamy and lotion types with a different odour am too stressed should I wait longer or am I pregnant? My breast hurts a bit too.
Insulin is the most common treatment prescribed for people affected with diabetes. Diabetes is condition where high amounts of glucose prevail in the blood for an extended period of time. However, there are some drugs that offer an alternative to insulin in treating diabetes, which are:
- Liraglutide: Liraglutide is a glucagon-like peptide-1 (GLP-1) drug that causes the body to release greater amounts of insulin so as to facilitate the movement of glucose from the blood to the cells. People with type 2 diabetes generally use this treatment. It slows the digestion process and can cause symptoms of headache and nausea.
- Pramlintide: It's an artificially produced version of amylin. It is taken by both type 1 and type 2 diabetic patients, facilitates slower digestion of food and therefore, controls release of sugar in the blood. It can cause tiredness and nausea.
- Dulaglutide:This treatment is for people affected with type 2 diabetes and it is administered once a week. It causes more insulin to be released and pass the glucose to the cells. It can cause loss of appetite, nausea and abdominal cramps as side effects.
- Albiglutide: This treatment facilitates pancreas to release insulin and limits the glucagon hormone production. It is used by type 2 diabetes patients who have not taken well to other treatments. The side effects are skin reaction, respiratory tract infection and nausea.
- Exenatide: It is a drug that causes pancreas to release insulin that facilitates movement of glucose to cells. It is a treatment for type 2 diabetes and it restricts release of glucagon in the body. The possible side effects are acidity, constipation and vomiting.
Related Tip: "Living Well with Type 2 Diabetes"
I am 78yrs, a known case of Diabetes & BP both under control with flg Medicines till May 15 - Amryl M 1, - twice a day (one after Breakfast +1Tab after Dinner) Benitech A -1tab after breakfast only The medicines were changed by Dr. XX as below - (A) -Amryl 1mg 30minutes before Breakfast - Glycomet SR -500mg twice a day after Breakfast & dinner -Benitech A after breakfast Flg Medicines were added pl (B) Flg. Medicines were added 1st for 1mth & then continued. MONTAIR -LC 1mg (Initially has advised for 1mth only) ROZUCAR 5mg -1 -ECOSPRIN 75 Since then I am continuing above medication As per the latest Tests got done on 12.09. 15 & earlier on 24.04. 15 except for HbA1C remaining at 6.8 same on both the dates, there is marked difference in other parameters as below pl. Test Value as on 24.4. 15 12.9. 15 Monocytes 2.5 4.3 Blood urea 15.79 19.7 Creatinine 1.01 1.28 Uric Acid 6.2 7.8 Total Thy (T4) 6.8 7.8 Serum Iron 89 126.11 TIBC 324 344.7 % Transferring Sat. 27.47 36.59 Total Cholesterol 161 107 HDL 32 26 Triglycerides 111 103 LDL Direct 109 66 Pl. Advise if I should discontinue medicines at (B)
Hi. Myself shubham and I would like to ask from you that I have cold and cough from last week. What I do. Please help me!
Patient with acute myocardial infarction have longer duration chest pain than those without myocardial infaction.Patient with chest pain of short duration ,lessthan 5 minutes,are unlikly to have myocardial infarction and have good prognosis at 30 days.If the clinical impression and ECG are benign then patient can be discharged from emergency department itself.