Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 37 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Endometrial Ablation Procedure
Treatment of Treatment of Breast Cancer
Management of Abortion
Hormonal Replacement Therapy Treatment
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment of Gynae Problems
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Menopause Related Issues
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Treatment of Mirena (Hormonal Iud)
Pap Smear Procedure
Polycystic Ovary Syndrome Treatment
Treatment of Uterine Bleeding
Antenatal And Postnatal Exercise
Keep your moral up.
God bless you.
Doctor I have checked pregnancy with I can pregnancy kit early morning. It showed me negative. Now also I have not got my periods it 5 days late. What should I do now?
Hello me and my bf had sex on 11 may and my periods date is 17 I got bleeding after sex I took unwanted 72 also to avoid pregnancy I got bleeding jst lyk periods on 15 may before this I was hving little bleeding I m scared tht there is any chance of being pregnant.
I had abortion in mar 6 2014. From that I am having irregular menstruation. We are trying to conceive actively this time. Having sex every other day to catch the ovulation. But nothing happened. My period last came on march 30 and were due on april 30. I consulted my ob-gyn about that and she told me to loose weight and gave me norlut-n tablets to eat 3 in a day to have my period first. Its been 5 days now. And still no periods. We are actively trying. Can I still get pregnant if we are having sex and am having norlut-n tablets. Pls suggest something.
Sir, I have small doubt about conceive of pregnancy when I participate in sex with my partner, after complete the sex some qty of sperm came out from vagina, actually my doubt is whether will for pregnancy or not and conceive or not for the above condition please clarify.
Hi, Today my wife had done sonography reports says" yolk sac seen measures 8x8mm, mild larger in size" Cervical length - 3.7 cms & fetal heart beat seen what it means, our doc had prescribed folic acid tabs & advice to get checkup after 20 days. He has shown doubt of abnormal pregnancy. Kindly advice & help.
We have been married for 3 years ago we don't have any child but we use to have sex 3 times a week. Last couple of days my wife body is getting over heated/warm her age is 27 yrs. If I touch her I am feeling warm, could I know what is it happening to her, need medication please.
What will be the total cost for ivf treatment is it on low cost I belongs from middle class so I can't afford high amount treatment kindly prefer me if any low cost treatment. I am diabetic patient.
Me and my girlfriend had protected sex last month. Her actual period date was 1st Nov. But till now she didn't get. What is the reason? Is there any pregnancy chances?
I am 45 days late in my period and my urine preg test is negative. I went to the doctor and she said utreus is normal and gave some tables. After having for 2 days, no change. I had papaya juice the previous month and I got my periods at 30 days. Shld I take any test. I already have 2 kids.
What are the risk factors?
The risk factors commonly associated with an increased chance of developing gestational diabetes include:
Person is overweight or obese before pregnancy.
African-american, asian, hispanic, or native american origin.
Age is above 30.
Blood sugar levels are moderately high or pre-diabetic.
History of diabetes in the immediate family.
History of gestational diabetes in previous pregnancies.
Previous delivery of a baby weighing more than 9 pounds.
The available eggs in the ovaries at a time are collectively called an ovarian reserve. Low reserve happens when the production of eggs reduces. This affects the chances of pregnancy. The general cause of low reserves can be aging ovaries. In such cases, the ovary may be healthy and functioning even if the reserve is low. Production of eggs lower as a woman ages. A woman starts with 250,00 to 500,000 eggs at puberty and ends up with 1000 eggs at menopause.
Low reserves are caused by
- Production of eggs decreases: Chromosomal abnormalities like Turner syndrome (lack of two X chromosomes) and genetic anomalies like Fragile X can decrease egg production.
- Ovarian tissue damage: Rough torsion, endometriosis triggered ovarian cysts, malignant or benign tumours, surgical removal of ovary or any other part of it, chemotherapy or radiation, pelvic adhesions, immunological problems or high BMI (Body Mass Index) can destroy the ovarian tissues.
If a woman has low ovarian reserves, then she will be put on the either of the following protocols:
- Short GnRHa Flare: Gonadotrophin releasing-hormone-agonist (GnRHa) like Lupron, Nafarelin, Synarel or Buserelin is administered. This therapy is initiated at the onset of menstruation. The goal of the treatment is to stimulate the release of the follicular stimulating hormone (FSH) which augments the ovarian follicular growth.
- Combined Clomiphene or Gonadotrophin/Letrozole Stimulation: Older women are mostly administered this protocol. But it is strongly advised not to, as this protocol can potentially harm the egg or the embryo.
- Mid-follicular GnRH-antagonist protocol: Once the GnRHa-agonist protocol is commenced, the GnRH-antagonist is given several days later. Once the follicles reach the size of 12mm, GnRHa antagonists like Ganirelix, Orgalutran, Cetrotide and Cetrorelix are added. These drugs stop the pituitary from secreting the luteinizing hormone (FSH leads to secretion of this hormone).
- Long GnRHa Pituitary Down Regulation Protocol: This is the usual approach to deal with low ovarian reserves.
- Agonist/Antagonist Conversion Protocol: This protocol inhibits FSH production. This protocol generally yields good results.