Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced Orthopedists in India. You will find Orthopedists with more than 26 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Orthopedists online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Cervical Traction Procedure
Arthritis And Pain Management Treatment
Hip Resurfacing Surgery
Hip Injury Treatment
Ankle Injury Treatment
Knee Injury Treatment
Hip Pain Treatment
Ankle Pain Treatment
Knee Pain Treatment
Treatment of Joint Dislocation
Joint Mobilization Procedure
Joint Replacement Surgery
Limping Child Treatment
Meniscus Injury Treatment
Pelvic Rehabilitation Techniques
Acl Reconstruction Procedure
Jaw Orthopedics Treatment
Knee Braces For Osteoarthritis Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. C.Samuel YoungYour feedback matters!
My spouse is 34 years old and she is suffering from pain in her whole body (i. E. Body ache, muscle ache, leg pain, shoulder pain etc.). For last couple of years. I consulted with neurologist, physiotherapist, acupuncturist, medicine specialist, orthopedist, but no fruitful result received so far. Now she is undergoing hyperthyroidism treatment. Please advise me how to get relief from pains?
I have a back pain upper right on my shoulder its been a while I take medicine till it does not go away. And they said its a suspected gall stone or kidney stone can you help me give idea.
A sprain refers to a break or a tear in any of the ligaments of your body. A ligament is a band consisting of tissues that connect the bones at any given joint in our body.
A strain on the other hand refers to a tear or a break in the entire muscle itself or a tendon (the band of tissues that connect the muscle to the bones).
Occurrence: Sprains usually take place due to unforeseen incidents like falls, accidents, and such other things that forces the body part to go out of its normal position. The most common types of sprains that people suffer from are ankle sprains which affect about 25,000 people every day on a worldwide basis.Strains usually happen when you twist a whole muscle or a tendon. This condition most commonly occurs in cases of sportspersons who are engaged in contact sports like hockey, football, rugby, and such others.
Symptoms :The identification signs of sprains and strains are mostly very similar, which are listed below:
- Pain and discomfort in the joints
- Visible swelling or inflammation seen on the joints
- Bruising of the affected area
- Tenderness and softness of the affected joint
The overall intensity of the above mentioned symptoms might differ basis on the severity of the condition that is directly proportional to the nature of injury that you have faced. Some pains are so light that it may not affect your daily routine at all, whereas some pains are so intense, that you might not be able to move your affected joint at all.
Treatment: Some of the common methods to cure a sprain or a strain are listed below:
- Rest the area which is affected
- Apply ice bags or cold compress to soothe the pain
- Compress the affected joint using a compression tape
- Place the affected joint on an elevated area to speed up the healing process
My body tem in last 20 day 96.8 to 97.5f but I feel fever it is normal. It last some time I am in stress and depression. I also feel joint pain with this. It is normal.
Sir im having back pain problem. Recently I join gym. After 2 days. My mucel started paining. I visited nearby doctor also. They. They advice me. Not to lift heavy weight. Af first. And given me some medicine. For my pain. Can you suggest. Me how to get relif of pain. Still having problem.
My mother whose age is 70 years and suffering paralysis attacked right side. She is total unable to move, totally confined to bed. My younger brother whose age is 47 years is also paralysis of right side but is able to move. His right hand and leg are not in working condition. Please tell me whether they are curable. If, yes, please prescribe any medicine for both.
I have neck ache for nearly 3 years. I have consulted many doctors and used many medicines. They reduce the pain only temporarily. I have used homeopathy medicine also but of no use. Is there any way of reducing my neck ache?
My right shoulder is slightly lower than my left one I think they are uneven I need to redress them meaning balance them what should I do.
I have have shoulder pain from 2 weeks. I consult with every doctor I can't get relief what should I do.
Hi Doc, I have a problem in my upper back portion towards in my neckline. This pain I feel probably alltime, where else, I'm doing my work at office, or else m sleeping or watching tv etc. Though its a very nominal pain, but still its very irritating for me to tackle this pain in a regular day activity. What to do?
I have numbness for left hand thumb right part. What are the causes. May I need to consult a doctor.
Carpal tunnel syndrome is a painful disorder of the hand caused by pressure on your median nerve as it runs through the carpal tunnel of the wrist. Symptoms include numbness, pins and needles, and pain (particularly at night). Anything that causes swelling inside the wrist can cause carpal tunnel syndrome, including repetitive hand movements, pregnancy and arthritis.
Cause of Carpal Tunnel Syndrome
Carpal Tunnel Syndrome symptoms begin when the pressure inside the tunnel becomes too high. This results in your median nerve becoming compressed as it passes through the small tunnel.
The carpal tunnel pressure increase occurs when either of two things happens:
- The tunnel space decreases, such as when the wrist swells eg after a traumatic injury, partial subluxation of the carpal bones or fracture or tenosynovitis.
- When the contents of the tunnel (median nerve, blood vessels and tendons) enlarge.
- Both of these situations increase the pressure on the nerve, leading to the carpal tunnel symptoms.
Symptoms of Carpal Tunnel Syndrome
Carpal Tunnel Syndrome (CTS) sufferers will usually experience the following symptoms in their hand or fingers:
- hand pain or aching
- pins and needles
- numbness esp at night of with wrist flexing
- weakness or cramping
- perceived swelling
The symptoms are usually worse at night and your grip will weaken as the condition progresses. Eventually you will notice muscle atrophy of the thenar (thumb) muscles and loss of hand function or clumsiness. If this sounds like you, suspect carpal tunnel syndrome.
Physical Therapy Treatment
- Gliding Exercises: Moving your fingers in a specified pattern of exercises may help your tendons and nerves glide more smoothly through your carpal tunnel. While there’s some evidence that gliding exercises can help relieve symptoms when used alone, these exercises appear to work better in combination with other treatments -such as splinting.
- Graston Technique/Manual Therapy: The Graston Technique incorporates a patented form of instrument-assisted soft tissue mobilization that enables clinicians to effectively detect and treat scar tissue and restrictions that effect normal function. Manual therapy techniques such as myofascial release or Active Release Technique are hands-on techniques that release tight tendons and musculature.
- Ultrasound: Deep, pulsed ultrasound directed at the carpal tunnel can reduce pain and numbness, and improve hand strength. Continuous superficial ultrasound doesn’t help.
- Traction: Some people obtain relief from carpal tunnel symptoms by using a hand traction device, called C-Trac. You might try this device, which can be purchased for home use, if other conservative treatment options have failed.
- Splints: Splints (braces) are the most commonly used nonsurgical treatment for carpal tunnel syndrome. Splints that immobilize the wrist in a neutral (unbent) position are most likely to relieve discomfort. An unbent wrist maximizes the size of the carpal tunnel, which reduces pressure on the median nerve, relieving your symptoms. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a physiotherapist.