Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Dentists in India. You will find Dentists with more than 36 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Dentists online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment & Management of Braces
Treatment of Tetracycline Stains
Root Canal Treatment
Management of Dental Hygiene
Artificial Teeth Treatment
Braces Treatment for Adults and Teens
Ceramic Braces Treatment
Teeth Scaling & Polishing
Dental Extractions Procedure
Orthosis Fitting Procedure
Fixed Partial Denture Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. C.RavindranathYour feedback matters!
How can get relief from ad breath completely. Already done mouth wash two times and having always brush for two times daily. Pls. Help.
Start early. Let your baby grow up cavity-free.
Hi doctor. This problem is related to Mouth Problem. One of my friend suffering from trismus since 10 years. Because of financial issue he ignored it. But now it's a big issue for him. Please suggest treatment for the same. Thanks.
I am 21. I have a salivation problem at night when I am sleeping. Because of this my pillow usually gets wet. It is excess production of saliva in my mouth. Please suggest something because I am facing this problem for a long time.
Mere uppar side ke do teeth se tooth brush karne time blood ata hai. Otherwise blood nahi nikalta hai. Ye problem 5 month se hua h par smajh nahi ata ki kaise kya karu.
Blood is coming from my mouth when I rise in the morning. I also consult doctors they said that this is the starting condition of paria. Now what should I do please advise me immediately.
Fluoride products for the teeth have immense importance in dentistry. Fluoride is one such chemical, the balance of which is highly required for strong and healthy teeth. However, there is an optimum amount of fluoride needed for teeth. Anything lesser than that or greater than that can cause harm and serious teeth and gum problems and tooth decay. The best option, therefore, is to get a fluoride based toothpaste or mouthwash, which will keep on providing the teeth with the optimum quantity of its daily dose of fluoride.
The benefits of fluoride products:
Before delving into the types of fluoride products available, let's have a look at the benefits of fluoride on teeth. Fluorides actually save the teeth from dental caries. It happens such that fluoride makes a certain mineral bonding on the teeth which is called fluorapatite. This is not normally found in human teeth, but when teeth damage is done, then to heal it fast this compound is needed to repair the damages. This adds to the mineral bonding in the teeth and strengthens the teeth.
The fluoride products:
The various fluoride based products, which you may use are as follows:
- Fluoridated water: Fluoridating water is a simple process where the optimum amount of fluoride is mixed with drinking water so that drinking the water automatically keeps on adding fluoride to the body and keeps in contact with teeth. This therapy alone is enough and needs no more therapies generally. But not all water reserves contain this, and it's not possible to add fluorides to all water reserves. That is why the other fluoride treatments are needed.
- Fluoride toothpaste: This is one of the most common forms for fluoride treatments. Every common daily use toothpaste contains a 0.22 to 0.312 percent of fluoride, and this is highly beneficial to the teeth for healing of decay and fast repairs. It lets the teeth get stronger.
- Mouth Rinses: Fluoride mouth rinses are an option. The sodium fluorides commonly used in the rinses are used in small amounts in the product which is used just like toothpaste and washed off.
- Fluoride foams and gels: The foam and gel are used when the teeth of the child or adult are under high risk of cavities. The foam or gel is rubbed on the teeth, and kept for a while and then washed off. The typical application time is 30 minutes.
- Varnishes: The fluoride varnishes are just like gels, and they are also used on the tooth surface similarly. It's the choice of the dentist or patient as to which one they want to go with. Besides, these slow fluoride releasing devices, medical supplements and lozenges are also there, which slowly release the optimum amount of fluorides to keep the teeth strong and healing.
I developed pain in the right side of my throat, just below my jaw overnight. Before sleeping there was an itch inside my right ear which progressed to this area. I have pain while swallowing but not while speaking. Kindly tell me what this problem is.
How to make my teeth look white. It looks pale yellow no matter how much I brush. I brush as usual 2 times a day.
Bleeding gums is a sign of gum disease Gingivitis and advanced stage Periodontitis. Bleeding gums happen due to inadequate plaque removal. Germs present in the plaque attack the healthy tissue around the teeth and cause the first stage of gum disease –Gingivitis. Signs and Symptoms of gingivitis include bleeding gums, swollen, red or tender gums and bad breath or taste. If gingivitis is not treated then the plaque will harden into tartar and this will lead to increased bleeding and a more advanced form of gum and jaw bone disease known as Periodontitis which can finally lead to tooth loss.
Causes of bleeding gums include: Poor oral hygiene, brushing too hard, improper flossing, vitamin deficiency- C or K, ill fitting denture, hormonal changes during pregnancy, infection either it can be tooth or gum related. Ongoing gum bleeding may be due to serious medical conditions such as leukemia, bleeding or platelet disorder.
It is important to visit a dentist at first sign of bleeding gums because first stage of gum disease gingivitis can be treated and reversed completely. For further details you can contact us or visit our clinic.
I have dental problem. I have pain in upper jaws. I am using oxalgin to subside pain, and My teeth are becoming uneven. What should I do?
I brush regularly twice but my teeth never gets white even some black black was seen on them what should I apply to get rid off this.
I am 28 years male. Suffering from dental pain at left upper m1 and m2. The dentist took the xray and explained as m2 is completely infected and m1 is infected but in the outermost layre of enamil.
The root canal treatment is done for the whole mouth at once or only for the tooth which has problem.
Maintaining good oral hygiene is the key for enhanced gum and dental health. Tooth erosion is characterised by decay of the outer and inner parts of the teeth. It occurs when certain sugar containing foods such as milk, candy and cakes leave behind residual quantities, thus causing small food particles to get stuck to and remain in the teeth. These are then digested by the bacteria in the mouth and converted to acids. The acids in combination with saliva form a layer called plaque that causes tooth erosion.
To prevent tooth erosion, you can employ these simple methods:
- Regular flossing: Flossing is an often neglected aspect of dental hygiene. Flossing helps in removing food residues stuck between the teeth that your toothbrush cannot clean. Use proper technique while flossing as improper technique can damage your gums.
- Brushing twice a day: You should brush at least twice a day with toothpaste that contains fluoride. If possible, brush regularly after eating a meal.
- Eat well balanced meals: Eat well balanced meals for your gums to receive proper nourishment. Include plenty of fruits and vegetables in your diet as they are rich in antioxidants and vitamins. These antioxidants and vitamins help maintain overall gum and dental health.
- Fluoridated water: Drink fluoridated water, as it helps in preventing tooth erosion.
- Use Mouthwash regularly: Use an antiseptic mouthwash to keep your mouth bacteria free. Bacteria in your mouth can lead to rapid tooth erosion.
- Rinse your mouth: Rinse your mouth with water after every meal. Rinsing helps in removing food particles from your mouth that may contribute to tooth erosion.
- Avoid junk food: Avoid snacking on junk foods as they contain hidden sugars that can increase your risks of tooth erosion. Avoid sugar based drinks as they can harm your teeth and cause cavities.
- Dental sealants: A sealant is a coating that is applied on the tooth to prevent it from getting affected by plaque. They usually last for 8-10 years after which they need to be replaced.
- Visit the dentist regularly: Visit the dentist on a regular basis for check-ups as any underlying issue that can create potential problems in the future may need to be resolved.