Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Endocrinologists in India. You will find Endocrinologists with more than 39 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Endocrinologists online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. C.r. Ashok Kumar
Treatment Of Erectile Dysfunction
Treatment Of Male Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Thyroid Problems Treatment
Thyroid Disorder Treatment
Diabetic Diet Counseling
Urinary Incontinence (Ui) Treatment
Pre And Post Delivery Care
Sperm Donor Program
Adult Diabetes Treatment
Type 1 Diabetes Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. C.r. Ashok KumarYour feedback matters!
My mom has diabetes and she has always pain in their foot what precautions we have to take to control her diabetes,
My mother in law has some problem like specified in discharge summay. What does it say and what we have to do. 1. Chronic liver diseases with portal hypertension idiopathic 2. Dilated cardiomyopathy with left ventricular failure 3. Hypothyroidism 4. Seizure disorder.
Dear doctor, iam a diabetic patient. Yam (the round thing) is safe for diabetic patients? please give me an answer.
Starting a family and being people who you can completely rely on is something that may be a dream that most people nurture and work towards. In the Indian culture, it is seen that children are supposed to serve as the backbone for the parents in their old age and when a couple is able to bear children, they may be able to lead more satisfied lives than at any other point in time. While most couples are blessed with happy families, there are a lot of those couples who may have to rely on medicines and treatments to be able to conceive a child.
With the changing lifestyle and the increasing amount of stress, a lot of couples are not able to conceive naturally. This is when they turn to medical help from professionals who may be able to suggest treatments and counselling. Even though the medications and treatments are sought very popularly, it is also a fact that couples have to go through painful procedures and unfruitful trials before they are able to get positive results, if at all that is possible. Not to mention the expensive treatment costs and the costly medicines that they have to invest in, apart from the mental and emotional trauma that is accompanied with it.
A safer alternative:
One of the safest alternatives to conventional medicine and treatments is to opt for homeopathy. This is a style of treatment that works on the body using natural means such as plants extracts and other natural derivatives, in combination with medicinal properties in healthy portions. With the use of such treatments and medicines, it may be possible for aspirant couples to be able to work on their body systems to make them healthier and more responsive to conceiving a child.
Some of the most important advantages of homeopathic treatment for infertility:
- The medicines make sure that they do not put the others aspects of health at jeopardy for the users of homeopathic medicines which means that the medicines do not have highly destructive side effects.
- The lack of side effects in the homeopathic medicines for infertility ensure that the couples remain mentally and emotionally strong enough to stick to the resolve of getting treated and that is something that may be helpful in the success of the treatment.
- Since the medicines are all organic, most of them are not as expensive as the conventional medicines.
- Choosing a safe stream of medication such as homeopathy may also help in ensuring that when the child is conceived, it does not get affected by the harmful medicines that may be administered to the couple.
When the future of your family and health is at stake, it is important that you take well thought out and wise decisions about what kind of treatments you should undergo.
In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!
My blood test report sugar fasting 94 cholesterol 172 triglycerides 203 hdl cholesterol 23.8 ldl cholesterol 124.3 vldl 40.6 urea 23 creatinine 1.1 so what can I do medicine is required or food control is enough please inform.
Can diabetes and cholesterol can be controlled with out taking medicines? if yes please tell me how?
I am 40 years female (weight 65 kg) and my fasting sugar is 139 mg/dl and pp is 189 mg/dl. How can I control the sugar and what should we have to do? Please advice
I am Dr Rita Bakshi, chairperson of international fertility centre situated in the Green Park, Delhi. I have been in the field of fertility for last nearly 18 years and I have found people very anxious for fertility, let me just tell then there is no way one cannot get pregnant nowadays if one decides to get pregnant because, so many donor services are available. So you can have donor sperm, you can have donor egg and you can have surrogacy and the replacement of sperm, egg or uterus. Let me talk of my topic and that my topic is AMH yes Anti Mullerian Hormone as a test of fertility for females the only important test that I look at in a couple is first and foremost is serum AMH that been serum Anti Mullerian Hormone. Now this test can be done on any day of the cycle, it is not important that one should be on day 2 or day 3 it can be done on any day of the cycle. Secondly, it is a blood test now this test tell us the number, the quantity of eggs a women has for example all females are born with a finite number of eggs unlike men who have sperms been produced all throughout their life. Women are born with a certain number of eggs which are fixed, so some are born with less eggs some are born with more eggs but why is it important, it is important to know because if you decide not to get married at 30 or 31 and you decide that ok I have children do I have how many years do I have before I can plan a marriage or the pregnancy. Then by doing this test I can say that yes your AMH is good you can wait or it is not that good please don't wait at all. It also indicate that of people who wants to postpone their pregnancy they are married, they are working, career are important, so they don't know how many years they can postpone. So by doing this test I can say that yes you can wait for may be a year, 2 years or no not do not wait at all. I can also say when people come for fertility whether they would require donor eggs or is there own fertile potential, the eggs good enough them or not by just looking at AMH. AMH normally is between 3 to 5 nanogram per ml. So if it is say very less .5, .4, .3 then you know it is very low she does not have a good quantity of eggs at all. She may require the help of a donor egg and if the AMH is just very high safe if it is 6, 7, 8, 9, 10 that means she probably is suffering from PCOS polycystic ovary. In these cases, it will be very important when I do IVF that she could hyper stimulate and therefore AMH is a very good indicator letting me know how much drug to use and how much not to use. So in a way, especially if ovarian cancers are there, there fertility preservation is there, the women who do not want to you know want to freeze their eggs. So we can make out that the eggs can be frozen for a limited number of time by looking at AMH. So in all to submit all AMH is very- very important fertility predictor of a woman of the number egg, quantity of an eggs a woman possesses and she can plan her fertility according to the AMH level. Thank you.
Diabetes is probably one of the worst enemies of human health. Why? That is because unlike many other diseases which make you aware of their presence in your body instantly, diabetes is a silent attacker. So, you may continue to be unaware of the disease for a very long time, before you suddenly realize that something is wrong with your body one day. And then tests reveal that you are afflicted with diabetes.
In order to make sure that this doesn't happen to you, you have to keep an eye on the symptoms of diabetes because prevention, no matter how tedious it is, is always better than the cure. Here is a look at the usual but often ignored signs which indicate that you might be suffering from diabetes.
- If you are taking more bathroom breaks than usual, and if the rate of going to the loo is increasing gradually with time, it can well be a sign of diabetes. When you are suffering from diabetes, your body becomes less efficient in breaking down the consumed food into sugars and utilising it. Therefore, a lot of sugar gets saturated in your bloodstream and your body gets rid of it by flushing it out through urination.
- If you urinate a lot, it is self-evident that you would also feel very thirsty all the time. In some cases, the patients don't realize their problem and drink chocolate milk or aerated drinks which have sweet flavours. This leads to excess sugar in your body again, and the problem continues. So all in all, if you feel very thirsty all the time, get yourself checked.
- You might lose weight, and it may really seem like a great thing in the beginning but it is not. When a person has diabetes, he is likely to lose his weight because of the decreasing water level in his body as well as the inability of the body to break down food into more suitable forms.
- If you are tired all the time, and by all the time we mean even after getting up from a long and good night's sleep, you may have diabetes. The reason for this is that fatigue comes to you when your body cannot produce enough energy from the food you consume, and this happens only when you have diabetes.
- If your cuts and bruises heal slower than ever, you definitely are a victim of diabetes. This is because the immunity and clotting system of your body don't work well when there is a saturation of sugars in your body. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a general physician.